PDA

View Full Version : Will Flozell Adams resort to tripping Doom?

broncofaninfla
09-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Flozell Adams is going to put somebody out for the year if the NFL doesn't stop him................

From PFT

Flozell Adams is still tripping

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 29, 2009 7:07 PM ET
Cowboys tackle Flozell Adams has been tripping opponents in the NFL for a long time, and a measly $12,500 fine for leg whipping Justin Tuck in Week Two isn't going to stop him from continuing the practice.

We even have visual evidence.

An enterprising Giants fan posted a clip of Adams tripping Panthers defensive end Julius Peppers Monday night in the exact same manor he did to Tuck. (Thanks to Mike Garafolo for passing the link along.)

It's unclear if the league office is looking at the same play, and whether it could fine Adams for the third time in as many weeks.

Despite the leg whips and the penalties, Adams is reportedly playing much better this season than a year ago, when he was beset by injuries. He hasn't given up a sack and he's helped the Dallas running game dominate, averaging over 10 yards per carry when they run left, according to ESPNDallas.

And Adams apparently is not worried about the NFL's fines enough to stop the practice of leg whipping.

Either that, or the muscle memory built up over a 12-year career is just too much to overcome.

BroncoSojia
09-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Watch number 76.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/UNCrules2187/flozellbitch.gif

Bronco Warrior
09-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Flo is so fat...How fat is he? lol!! Did you see his fat ass get run up the back on a sweep or a screen I forget which......in the Panther game.. cause he couldn't get his lard can moving? The same play went for 25 plus with our line and a slower runner (Graham) carring the ball. Elvis has a decided advantage over tall lumbering Tackles..and we will actually just put ayers on him to tie him up with a bullrush while Elvis and Dawkins come from the other side!. Romo will be on his back more than a Prostitute during fleet week!~

dogfish
09-29-2009, 08:43 PM
maybe, maybe not (if he's even quick enough to get to him), but he'll almost certainly be good for two or three false starts. . . .

:elefant:

EMB6903
09-29-2009, 08:49 PM
maybe, maybe not (if he's even quick enough to get to him), but he'll almost certainly be good for two or three false starts. . . .

:elefant:

ya Flo is usually always good for atleast 1 false start a game.. but Im sure they will have Witten help him out with Dumervil a lot on Sunday..

Bluestar76
09-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Flo is so fat...How fat is he? lol!! Did you see his fat ass get run up the back on a sweep or a screen I forget which......in the Panther game.. cause he couldn't get his lard can moving? The same play went for 25 plus with our line and a slower runner (Graham) carring the ball. Elvis has a decided advantage over tall lumbering Tackles..and we will actually just put ayers on him to tie him up with a bullrush while Elvis and Dawkins come from the other side!. Romo will be on his back more than a Prostitute during fleet week!~

That was Gurode the center.

Bluestar76
09-29-2009, 09:20 PM
ya Flo is usually always good for atleast 1 false start a game.. but Im sure they will have Witten help him out with Dumervil a lot on Sunday..

Last week was actually his first false start of the season believe it or not. He's been flagged for Personal fouls in both the other games but not false starts till last week.

Bronco Warrior
09-29-2009, 09:22 PM
That was Gurode the center.

Oh that is right..Fat Flo is 76 not 75! You got a whole herd of fatasses on that line don't you..lmao! My Bad!

Bluestar76
09-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Oh that is right..Fat Flo is 76 not 75! You got a whole herd of fatasses on that line don't you..lmao! My Bad!Yep same as in the 90s. This year they are all healthy. Its kind of amusing that you guys would call out O-lineman for being dirty considering the guys you have had here in the past. Foster is just the beginning. Schlereth has stated time and time again he held and cheated every chance he got and even defended Adams.

Bronco Warrior
09-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Yep same as in the 90s. This year they are all healthy. Its kind of amusing that you guys would call out O-lineman for being dirty considering the guys you have had here in the past. Foster is just the beginning. Schlereth has stated time and time again he held and cheated every chance he got and even defended Adams.

All Linemen hold at some point...and if it keeps your QB from getting killed...they do it with pride! It's only cheating if you get caught right? There is a difference in that and a flat out lazy dirty play! Hello Flo!

horsepig
09-29-2009, 09:52 PM
Yep same as in the 90s. This year they are all healthy. Its kind of amusing that you guys would call out O-lineman for being dirty considering the guys you have had here in the past. Foster is just the beginning. Schlereth has stated time and time again he held and cheated every chance he got and even defended Adams.

Yeah, so? It's OK if our guys do it.

EMB6903
09-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Last week was actually his first false start of the season believe it or not. He's been flagged for Personal fouls in both the other games but not false starts till last week.

He's still been known to lead the league in false starts each yr.

Overtime
09-29-2009, 11:06 PM
be nice to see Brian Dawkins plant his shoulder on the inside of Flozelle's knee and trash it. bet he won't have a leg whipping problem ever again after that.

ikillz0mbies
09-29-2009, 11:08 PM
The Denver defense is really quick so I wouldn't be surprised to see Adams pull out some dirty tricks. But if the NFL is reviewing his actions, Adams may be under the microscope this game and won't get away with it.

sneakers
09-29-2009, 11:12 PM

I have no idea what you are talking about...

;)

Dirk
09-30-2009, 06:53 AM
Oh well, tripping hair pulling or whatever, we shall over come!!

broncofaninfla
09-30-2009, 08:14 AM
If the league doesn't stop him, Flo will end up seriously hurting somebody. It better not be Doom.

Dirk
09-30-2009, 08:39 AM
If the league doesn't stop him, Flo will end up seriously hurting somebody. It better not be Doom.

No kidding. I mean, the video evidence is out there for them to do something. Just because a ref doesn't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen in the game. The league should actively look at his play and do something about it.

broncofaninfla
09-30-2009, 08:48 AM
No kidding. I mean, the video evidence is out there for them to do something. Just because a ref doesn't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen in the game. The league should actively look at his play and do something about it.

He has been fined for it several times but still does it. The league needs to step up the punishment. Aside from cheating, it's dangerous.

Bronco Warrior
09-30-2009, 09:01 AM
Oh well, tripping hair pulling or whatever, we shall over come!!

Lol. I was a longhaired player in high school and college and got my hair pulled more than once! Haters and low-class people don't deal with envy, frustration and defeat well! Expect it to happen again this wee. Now we know why Hamilton got his cut!

Overtime
09-30-2009, 09:20 AM
should be an nfl rule, you have to keep your haircut and where it doesn't protrude from the bottom of the back of the helmet.

Bluestar76
09-30-2009, 10:22 AM
He's still been known to lead the league in false starts each yr.

Yea he made up for it by getting two in one game....:rolleyes:

CoachChaz
09-30-2009, 01:21 PM
should be an nfl rule, you have to keep your haircut and where it doesn't protrude from the bottom of the back of the helmet.

Kind of hard to make it an NFL rule. NFLPA would never allow that because the players would complain. After that it would have to be a team rule, but even that's hard because drafted players dont have much of a choice. Then let's suppose Clady or Barber or someone is an FA. You gonna choose not to sign them if they refuse to cut their hair or do you want to take the chance of them looking elsewhere because of silly archaic rules?

let people do what they want with their hair. it's their risk and current NFL rules are set up that way.

broncofaninfla
09-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Flozell fined again (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/30/flozell-fined-again/)

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 30, 2009 1:55 PM ET
On Tuesday evening, we showed you how old habits die hard (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/29/flozell-adams-is-still-tripping/) when it comes to Cowboys tackle Flozell Adams and his propensity for tripping opponents.

The NFL was looking at the same footage of Adams kicking Julius Peppers, and decided to fine Flozell $7,500 for the offense (http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/09/flozell-adams-fined-again-1.html), according to Todd Archer of the Dallas Morning News. That's $5,000 less than Adams was fined last week for leg whipping Justin Tuck, and $2,500 more than Adams was fined in Week One for an unnecessary roughness penalty.

(If only the league kept track of records like most consecutive weeks with a fine. Adams could be football's Joe Dimaggio.)

Cowboys running back Felix Jones was also fined $5,000 (http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/09/felix-jones-smiling-but-fined-by-nfl.html) for an attempted leg whip against Carolina. Jones is fully expected to miss this week's game against Denver, but was coy when asked about his status Wednesday, saying "we'll see."

GEM
09-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Why aren't the fines getting heavier each time?

broncofaninfla
09-30-2009, 02:09 PM
Why aren't the fines getting heavier each time?

I thought the same thing. That's chump change to him and obviously won't stop him. It's going to take somebody getting hurt I guess, just hope it isn't this week. There isn't a doubt in my mind Doom is going to blow by him at least a couple of times this weekend. I just hope Flo doesn't try to trip him in the process.

CoachChaz
09-30-2009, 02:11 PM
He'll keep on doing it until he gets suspended. Just a pathetic low to resort to due to lack of actual skill.

GEM
09-30-2009, 02:13 PM
For a league that is so protective of QB's an WR's, I'm surprised that with video proof of the same behavior over and over again and no thought to just being fined for the actions, I'm surprised he isn't on mandatory vacation already.

Bronco Warrior
09-30-2009, 02:23 PM

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=863

Ummmm....NO!!!

Foochacho
09-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Maybe he will get booted from the game this week if caught trippin. I am sure the refs will be told to look out for it.

dogfish
10-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Flozell could face more than fines
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 2, 2009 5:32 PM ET

When we posted news regarding Cowboys tackle Flozell Adams' third fine in as many weeks, many of you wondered why the NFL doesn't just suspend the man.

According Bob Glauber of Newsday, the NFL threatened to do so if Adams continues to incur penalties in a letter this week. The letter included this passage:

"Future infractions of the type you have committed can lead to increased disciplinary action up to and including suspension."

Glauber points out that the language is typical for players who repeatedly get fined.

But Adams' practices have put him in the spotlight more than most, and any more trips, leg whips could have Adams missing more than a chunk of his paycheck.

gregbroncs
10-02-2009, 06:57 PM
No it should not be a rule. That's just stupid. If they want their hair long they deal with the consequences. I a little bitch like seymor wants to pull hair like a pansy then he should be suspended and fined. If you want them to get rid of long hair because it's dangerous then the face masks absolutely have to go because that's even more dangerous.