PDA

View Full Version : Current 3 - 0 Teams

Denver Native (Carol)
09-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Mike Evans and Scott Hastings were talking this afternoon in regards to the Broncos being the only 3 - 0 team getting "no respect" from the so called experts - i.e. - look who the Broncos have played so far. Then they stated that the rest of the 3 - 0 teams have NOT played barn burners each week themselves. So, why are the Broncos the only 3 - 0 team getting very little, or no respect?

Here are the stats for the 3 - 0 teams

Jets – opponents - 3 wins 6 losses
Houston 1 - 2
New England 2 - 1
Tennessee 0 – 3

Baltimore – opponents - 2 wins 7 losses
Kansas City 0 - 3
San Diego 2 - 1
Cleveland – 0 -3

Indianapolis – opponents – 2 wins 7 losses
Jacksonville 1 - 2
Miami – 0 - 3
Arizona – 1 – 2

NY Giants – opponents – 2 wins 6 losses
Washington 1 - 2
Dallas 2 - 1
Tampa Bay 0 – 3

NO Saints – opponents – 4 wins 5 losses
Detroit 1 - 2
Philadelphia 2 - 1
Buffalo 1 – 2

Minnesota – opponents – 3 wins 6 losses
Cleveland 0 - 3
Detroit 1 - 2
San Francisco 2 – 1

BRONCOS – opponents – 3 wins 6 losses
Cincinnati 2 - 1
Cleveland – 0 - 3
Oakland 1 - 2

broncophan
09-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Interesting...............

Just watched PTI on ESPN.........while they gave McDaniels credit.......they rattled off the next 5 opponents.........and pretty much said ......cya later Broncos......

Day1BroncoFan
09-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Broncos never get respect from the exspurts.

I don't care what they say it seems to me that we play better when they don't.

Dortoh
09-29-2009, 05:33 PM
Interesting...............

Just watched PTI on ESPN.........while they gave McDaniels credit.......they rattled off the next 5 opponents.........and pretty much said ......cya later Broncos......

Thats the key right there. IF we take care of Dallas and NE they will talking as if Denver was their SB pick going way back in the preseason.:laugh:

FanInAZ
09-29-2009, 05:38 PM
:2thumbs: We're tied with the Vikes and Jets with the 2nd most difficult schedule among 3-0 teams :2thumbs: Excellent :2thumbs:

Dortoh
09-29-2009, 05:39 PM
To be honest IMO our crappy schedule looks much easier then most of those other crappy schedules. Seriously who would you have traded schedules with? the vikes maybe?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-29-2009, 06:10 PM
To be honest IMO our crappy schedule looks much easier then most of those other crappy schedules. Seriously who would you have traded schedules with? the vikes maybe?

I don't think our schedule looks any easier than those other team's schedules. You can't look at what teams did last year, and feel they will do the same this year.

TXBRONC
09-29-2009, 06:18 PM
I don't think our schedule looks any easier than those other team's schedules. You can't look at what teams did last year, and feel they will do the same this year.

Overall our schedule is considered one of the more difficult because we face five or six playoff teams from last year.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Overall our schedule is considered one of the more difficult because we face five or six playoff teams from last year.

Yes, our schedule is considered one of the more difficult, based on last year's teams' records, but that does not mean that those same teams will be as good this year.

NorthernLights
09-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Teams don't get to pick and choose who they play and every team in the NFL is capable of putting up a good game, so congrats to the Broncos and to their fans. They have done a good job by beating the teams on the schedule and should be given the due respect that has been earned with those victories.

Well done and good luck going forward. The Broncos have a tough schedule ahead, but have played very well and that should help with confidence and experience in the games to come.

Take care. NL

OldschoolFreak
09-29-2009, 06:35 PM
One at a time.

I just hope we keep our confidence up and our humility in check, beat the Cowboys, and then get to listen to another week of explanations as to why it's smoke and mirrors.

But that all rests on taking it to Romo and the Boys on Sunday. Don't worry about what they're saying-good or bad-just beat the next week's opponents.

TXBRONC
09-29-2009, 06:37 PM
Yes, our schedule is considered one of the more difficult, based on last year's teams' records, but that does not mean that those same teams will be as good this year.

I didn't say it did but that how they determine strength of schedule. That being said, team were going to face that we're going to face that were in playoffs have consistent winners.

OldschoolFreak
09-29-2009, 06:42 PM

Yeah, we got hosed by the anomaly of the best AFC North and East teams (which the West is paired with this year) finishing second in their divisions last year.

So in addition to the NFC East and AFC North which all AFC West teams play this year we get Indy while SD doesn't (they get TEN) and NE while SD doesn't (they got Miami).

All the more impressive if we are able to win a few...

OldschoolFreak
09-29-2009, 06:46 PM
NYG, PHI, NE, IND, BAL, PIT, SD, SD.

I'm counting 8 games against playoff teams.

SD on the other hand has NYG, PHI, TEN, MIA, BAL but we all know MIA isn't headed back to the post season and TEN seems doubtful as well which means only 3 playoff teams!

TXBRONC
09-29-2009, 06:52 PM
Yeah, we got hosed by the anomaly of the best AFC North and East teams (which the West is paired with this year) finishing second in their divisions last year.

So in addition to the NFC East and AFC North which all AFC West teams play this year we get Indy while SD doesn't (they get TEN) and NE while SD doesn't (they got Miami).

All the more impressive if we are able to win a few...

I think we will. Dallas, San Diego, New England, and Pittsburgh all look beatable right now.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-29-2009, 06:53 PM
I didn't say it did but that how they determine strength of schedule. That being said, team were going to face that we're going to face that were in playoffs have consistent winners.

I know you didn't say it did - those were my thoughts.

TXBRONC
09-29-2009, 06:59 PM
I know you didn't say it did - those were my thoughts.

I know you knew that. :D

frenchfan
09-30-2009, 02:18 AM
Yes, our schedule is considered one of the more difficult, based on last year's teams' records, but that does not mean that those same teams will be as good this year.You know Carol, I like to have a tough schedule because to be a champion you have to beat the bests...
May be that will cost us a "flashy" record, but if we survive that would mean we are a good team... It could give us some wins in the playoffs and may be a new ring... May be not this year but in the near future...

Back to the topic, I think experts don't give us too much credit but there are many questions about us... Our D sucked last year and it's hard to believe we are suddenly a top 5 D now :shocked: ... Our offseason was... well... you know... A rookie coach, a new QB, a new scheme... but also a new spirit and a new energy...
Are we 3-0 because we played "bad" teams? Because of "luck"?

I don't try to excuse experts here, but there are reasons to doubt (even if I think we've improved from last year). Personally, I'm excited but cautious...
But it's also true experts often underrate us... That doesn't bother me because I really like to be the underdog and not the fav... (very french stuff ;) :laugh: )

Go Broncos :defense:

Dirk
09-30-2009, 06:28 AM
Oh well, experts, smexperts...let them think what they want.

I still say we got the better coach over Spags and Morris!

Lonestar
09-30-2009, 09:51 AM

But those teams we play are for the most part are consistently been good to great teams.

While being good last year might not always mean they will be good this year look at how good they have been damned good for a long time. Unless they have a major change on their team there is no reason to believe they will not be good this year.

Like pennington going down for the year, that is a deal breaker for MIA.

Sent via Blackberry.