PDA

View Full Version : Broncos have advanced to # 13

Magnificent Seven
09-29-2009, 04:18 PM
NFL Power Rankings Week 4

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2009&week=4

BroncoWave
09-29-2009, 04:23 PM
I love it, 6 of the 7 3-0 teams in the top 6, and us at 13. Please keep disrespecting us ESPN. Please!

Also, I find it funny that they penalize us for not playing anyone but they have a 2-1 Falcons team ahead of us who have beaten the combined 0-6 Dolphins and Panthers. How does that make sense? Not to mention being being the 2-1 Bengals whose loss came to us.

ESPN power rankings are always a great source of comic relief.

skycoyote
09-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Its OK, I prefer the Broncos play the part of "the sleeper."

FanInAZ
09-29-2009, 04:26 PM
:confused: We're ranked 2 spots behind the team we beat opening week? :confused:

Day1BroncoFan
09-29-2009, 04:27 PM
They can rank us at 32 and I don't care as long as we're winning. :salute:

Brand
09-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Who makes money from these rankings? Follow the money....

Dean
09-29-2009, 04:50 PM
:confused: We're ranked 2 spots behind the team we beat opening week? :confused:

I love it, 6 of the 7 3-0 teams in the top 6, and us at 13. Please keep disrespecting us ESPN. Please!

Also, I find it funny that they penalize us for not playing anyone but they have a 2-1 Falcons team ahead of us who have beaten the combined 0-6 Dolphins and Panthers. How does that make sense? Not to mention being being the 2-1 Bengals whose loss came to us.

I think that they see us as a 2-1 or 2.5-.5 team. I am not sure they are crediting the Cinci game as having equal weight as the other wins. Who knows?

Kaylore
09-29-2009, 04:54 PM
I'll be honest. I read these "power rankings" because I like to read what people say about each team, but they are completely worthless. We're 3-0 and atop the AFCWest and that's the only ranking I care about.

I do think it's funny how far up we've come. You guys probably wouldn't like what Fox said about us. I think they were the ones that had us as the worst team in the league in the preseason.

MOtorboat
09-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Who makes money from these rankings? Follow the money....

:confused:

The Ravens are making money from these rankings?

FanInAZ
09-29-2009, 05:56 PM
I'll be honest. I read these "power rankings" because I like to read what people say about each team, but they are completely worthless. We're 3-0 and atop the AFCWest and that's the only ranking I care about.

I do think it's funny how far up we've come. You guys probably wouldn't like what Fox said about us. I think they were the ones that had us as the worst team in the league in the preseason.

The best part of any power ranking, including the one done by our very own coachchaz, is the wise cracks made about the weaker teams.

TXBRONC
09-29-2009, 06:12 PM
I think that they see us as a 2-1 or 2.5-.5 team. I am not sure they are crediting the Cinci game as having equal weight as the other wins. Who knows?

Maybe if we had won in a more convincing fashion against the ranking would be different?

frenchfan
09-30-2009, 02:21 AM

ESPN power rankings are always a great source of comic relief.What is really funny is that they rank Bengals ahead of us... Didn't we beat them this year at their home? :confused: :laugh:

sneakers
09-30-2009, 02:32 AM

But it isn't as if ESPN's power rankings have any impact in our lives at all, right?

:bored:

SoCalImport
09-30-2009, 04:01 AM
But it isn't as if ESPN's power rankings have any impact in our lives at all, right?

:bored:

BLASPHEMY!!! We all live and die by power rankings!

Dirk
09-30-2009, 05:48 AM
I agree, let them continue to dog on the Boys in Orange and Blue! It may feed a little more grit into their game play.

And being at 13 is pretty good considering that we beat Oakland and Cleveland and won on a deflection at Cincy.

If it wasn't for the fantastic play of the defense they would probably still have them in the 20s somewhere.

topscribe
09-30-2009, 08:12 AM

Well, the Broncos and Bengals fought toe-to-toe, and they are ranked about in
the same place, so that looks about right to me.

I believe they realistically feel it will be easier to see just where the Broncos are
in the next week or two.

-----

Tned-Mobile
09-30-2009, 08:18 AM
Well, the Broncos and Bengals fought toe-to-toe, and they are ranked about in
the same place, so that looks about right to me.

I believe they realistically feel it will be easier to see just where the Broncos are
in the next week or two.

-----

I think some aren't sure exactly what to make of the Cincy win. First, it was a fluke play to win, but that only happened because they held Cincy to 7 points. So, that's a negative, but also a big positive.

However, I think some are tempering that win, both because of the fluke ending and the fact that Palmer played very little in the preseason because of the elbow (I think it was the elbow).

Regardless of what reasons that people are discounting the Broncos 0-3 start, if they fair well the next couple games, and next month or so, that discounting will stop.

NightTrainLayne
09-30-2009, 08:56 AM

Fox (Adam Schein) had us at #31. I'm going to wait just a little longer, and see how we do over these next few weeks. . .then I'm going to call in to his show on Sirius NFL and have him eat some crow.