PDA

View Full Version : Super Street Fighter IV Announced

Shazam!
09-29-2009, 10:58 AM
They should've made a new Strider instead.

Super Street Fighter IV for Spring 2010
Capcom confirms standalone game for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
by Martin Robinson, IGN

UK, September 29, 2009 - Capcom has announced Super Street Fighter IV, a standalone expansion to this year's fighter that's to introduce around ten new characters as well as numerous gameplay tweaks.

News first broke yesterday with a handful of leaked screens, and now official word has come from Capcom - though details are still scarce.

T.Hawk and Juri are the only new characters confirmed at present, and the identity of the others is still up in the air - though let's hope for some Street Fighter III love with the return of Dudley, Makoto and Ibuki.

Controversially, Super Street Fighter IV won't be a downloadable add-on, instead coming as a standalone disc for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 next Spring. It will, however, be a budget release.

Details such as the return of bonus modes and an all-new Ultra system are still just speculation, but we'll bring you more as it comes in.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/102/1029327p1.html

Super Street Fighter IV Detailed
All there is to know about Capcom's super sequel.
by John Tanaka IGN

September 29, 2009 - Announcements of announcements, European leaks -- Super Street Fighter IV's path from T.Hawk fanclub president's dream to a formally announced product was odd. But the game is officially on the way, for PS3 and Xbox 360 release in Spring 2010.

Capcom has made public only a few details on the game. For a closer look, we turn to this week's issue of Famitsu.

The magazine confirms that, in addition to T.Hawk and newcomer Juri, Super will include the last original cast holdout, Dee Jay.

This is just the start of character announcements, though. In an interview with the magazine, producer Yoshinori Ono said to expect at least eight characters. There may even be some other completely original characters outside of Juri, he said.

In addition to the new characters, the old characters will be seeing updates to fix combat balance in anticipation for the new combatants.

Capcom is making some changes to core gameplay as well. The game's Ultra Combo system will see some major changes. It's unclear just what these changes are. However, screenshots show the game's circular "Revenge Gauge" now having a different form. The gauge is now split in two by an "I." For now, you'll have to speculate on the meaning of this change.

In addition to these changes, Ono said to expect something that replicates the tournament capabilities of arcades, but on the worldwide scale using online play. You're going to have to speculate away on this as well.

It looks like we'll be seeing updates on Super SFIV regularly. The game's official Japanese site was refreshed today and promises first video footage of the new characters on Thursday.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/102/1029351p1.html

I think they'll do a SFII here, with something like Super Street Fighter Alpha Hyper Mega Giga IV. All this could've been DLC, not retail releases. I think this is cheap and don't like it.

MasterShake
11-04-2009, 07:38 PM
They should've made a new Strider instead.

I think they'll do a SFII here, with something like Super Street Fighter Alpha Hyper Mega Giga IV. All this could've been DLC, not retail releases. I think this is cheap and don't like it.

At least it should retail for around 39.99. Its a great game, I'll probably pick it up. All that DLC would cost the same the way they price it.