PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Sports:Broncos Team Report

TXBRONC
09-29-2009, 10:31 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/den/report

Broncos Team Report
Yahoo! Sports - 9 hours, 50 minutes ago

If the Broncos' 3-0 start is a fluke, the NFL will find out soon enough. Denver has beaten Cincinnati, Cleveland and Oakland, but the schedule gets much tougher starting this week against Dallas.

There are signs the Broncos are not going away so easily. They have come a long way since a choppy first game of the season, which is a sign of a well-coached team.

"We're 3-0 and we've shown improvement week to week," quarterback Kyle Orton said.

The schemes are sound on each side of the ball, and players are responding well. The offense rarely makes a mistake and can move the ball through the air or in the running game. The defense has allowed only 16 points in three games, a shocking turnaround for a team that allowed 28 per game last season.

The Broncos are also showing they are a tough, physical team, which is what McDaniels wanted. The Broncos pushed the Raiders around on both sides of the ball in a lopsided 23-3 win on Sunday.

Denver has games against Dallas, New England and San Diego before its bye week, which will provide a good measuring stick for the team. But for the moment, there's some cautious satisfaction over a perfect start.

"We can't be any better than 3-0," Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said. "But we're also very humble."

topscribe
09-29-2009, 10:42 AM
The Broncos didn't push Oakland around.

The Broncos beat the Raiders like a red-headed stepkid . . .

-----

Dman444
09-29-2009, 10:50 AM
The Broncos didn't push Oakland around.

The Broncos beat the Raiders like a red-headed stepkid . . .

-----

Kind of, although we left A LOT of points out on the field. We do that against a good team and we're screwed.

TXBRONC
09-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Kind of, although we left A LOT of points out on the field. We do that against a good team and we're screwed.

I totally agree. It's one thing to leave points on the field verse the likes of the Raiders but we can't against good teams.

topscribe
09-29-2009, 11:01 AM

On the other hand, to leave all those points on the field and still blow them out
is the mark of a good team. I have watched and played football for some 50+
years, and I have never seen a team play a perfect game. But when I see 23-3,
200 yards rushing, and surrendering 137 yards, that, my friend, is a good, old-
fashioned whuppin'. :nod:

-----

Foochacho
09-29-2009, 11:09 AM
23-3 not 27-6

claymore
09-29-2009, 11:21 AM
23-3 not 27-6

We left 2 safties on the field.

CoachChaz
09-29-2009, 11:29 AM
I cant wait to see Dumervil fruastrate Flozell. Just hope the dirtiest guy in the NFL doesnt pull some crap like he did against Tuck.

One thing for sure...we can expect a few penalties from Adams this weekend

claymore
09-29-2009, 11:31 AM
I cant wait to see Dumervil fruastrate Flozell. Just hope the dirtiest guy in the NFL doesnt pull some crap like he did against Tuck.

One thing for sure...we can expect a few penalties from Adams this weekend

Who gets witten?

TXBRONC
09-29-2009, 11:35 AM
We left 2 safties on the field.

Did we forget to bring home Dawkins and Hill? :shocked: :laugh:

CoachChaz
09-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Who gets witten?

Haggans or Hill. I want Dawkins playing the run and blitzing Romo. He's given the Cowboys so many fits over the years, you have to let him roam around and make plays

broncofaninfla
09-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Who gets witten?

Hopefully not DJ or Davis

TXBRONC
09-29-2009, 12:22 PM

I know they have coverage responsibilities but the I don't think I've seen them covering the tight end. At anyrate as good as Witten is would you rather the cover Witten or Jones coming out of the backfield?

topscribe
09-29-2009, 01:22 PM

D.J. at least has the speed . . .

-----