PDA

View Full Version : Moreno/Buckhalter get a mention

Dean
09-29-2009, 06:39 AM
At least one media type is impressed with our running game.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d812ff231&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Here is the section related to the Broncos.

On the lookout
» Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno makes some of the most incredible runs I have seen all year. The Broncos' combination of Correll Buckhalter and Moreno is very impressive.

© 2009 NFL Enterprises LLC. NFL and the NFL shield design are registered trademarks of the National Football League.The team names, logos and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated. All other NFL-related trademarks are trademarks of the National Football League. NFL footage © NFL Productions LLC. PRIVACY POLICY

gobroncsnv
09-29-2009, 07:04 AM
Well, I made my brain bleed when I scratched my head at us taking an RB in the first round... Our most glaring need was dline. But that aside, Moreno is showing some STRONG potential in his game. And I LOVE the way that these two compliment each other. It's not like one guy is in there, the runs won't be any wider than off tackle, the other guy all sweeps. They are interchangeable, and we're getting GREAT production out of both. Like what I see here. Good find, Dean.

Dirk
09-29-2009, 07:09 AM
I think it will be mid season and more wins before more media outlets start giving the Broncos some press time.

Same 'ol same 'ol. :tsk:

broncofaninfla
09-29-2009, 08:04 AM
I would like to see Buck get more touches as he seems to be a bigger threat right now bot I am now happy with both RB's.

Dean
09-29-2009, 08:53 AM
If you should choose to, here is a site to vote for Knowshon for rookie of the week.
http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=rookies&season=2009&seasonType=REG&week=3

Bronco Warrior
09-29-2009, 08:54 AM
Anybody else notice that there is a story about Cable the SockPuppet socking up a coach but not one word about Denver's dominant Beatdown of the Faiders on NFL.com??
So much for respect!

Dirk
09-29-2009, 09:04 AM
I voted for Moreno!

I kind of think Stafford will get it for pulling out their first win though.

broncohead
09-29-2009, 09:08 AM
I would like to see Buck get more touches as he seems to be a bigger threat right now bot I am now happy with both RB's.

He does seem to have bigger plays but it seemed whenever Knowshon ran the ball he had a player or 2 waiting at the LOS. Buck did a good job of making a big play into a bigger play by breaking a tackle. Knowshon hasn't been in the open field as much.

GEM
09-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Anybody else notice that there is a story about Cable the SockPuppet socking up a coach but not one word about Denver's dominant Beatdown of the Faiders on NFL.com??
So much for respect!

There needs to be more on the Cable incident. The guy broke one of his asst's jaws. That's downright ridiculous. I'm surprised Goodell hasn't stepped into that situation further.

topscribe
09-29-2009, 10:20 AM
If you should choose to, here is a site to vote for Knowshon for rookie of the week.
http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=rookies&season=2009&seasonType=REG&week=3

Something tells me this won't be the last time we see KM's picture there . . .

-----

OldschoolFreak
09-29-2009, 10:29 AM
I LOVE the way that these two compliment each other. It's not like one guy is in there, the runs won't be any wider than off tackle, the other guy all sweeps. They are interchangeable, and we're getting GREAT production out of both. Like what I see here. Good find, Dean.

That's a huge point.

Everyone talks about two back attacks in the modern NFL but most teams are predictable because they have two very different backs--the Giants have the huge pseudo-fullback of Jacobs vs normal sized Bradshaw; the Chargers' Tomlinson the all around back vs Sproles the speedburner; the Saints' upright running of Pierre Thomas vs. Reggie Bush the scat back; and the list goes on.

The Broncos' stable of two complete backs can attack you in any way at anytime and that will wear teams down. I hope they keep this up even after Moreno is more established as more than just a noob. Very valuable!

TXBRONC
09-29-2009, 10:35 AM
So much for respect!

I hadn't really paid attention to their website. However it not surprising because on NFLN Waddle and Dukes have both blown off the 3-0 start.

silkamilkamonico
09-29-2009, 11:48 AM
Knowshon is making a fool out of me. Keep it up kid!

Bronco Warrior
09-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Now if we could just get rid of theat lump of turd Jordan and resign somebody like Torain!

OldschoolFreak
09-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Now if we could just get rid of theat lump of turd Jordan and resign somebody like Torain!

Yeah, he really hasn't shown anything has he? Anyone see anything there that I've missed, because it seems to me he's sucking it up even in the short yardage situations he's eating up a roster spot to dominate.

Day1BroncoFan
09-29-2009, 12:34 PM
Jordon should not be on the roster at all.

gobroncsnv
09-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Will be interesting to watch how quickly McD pulls the trigger on cutting former Pats that are not producing... If Jordan couldn't get across the goal line when we had the Raiders backed up at the 1, then you gotta wonder...

EMB6903
09-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Knowshon is the real deal, as tough of a runner as there is in this league... the Kid always has his feet moving trying to battle for those extra yards..Hes been a little too aggressive hitting the hole but once he calms down and is more comfortable with the oline its going to be scary for the rest of the league.

Knowshon= ROY bar no injury.

Lonestar
09-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Knowshon is the real deal, as tough of a runner as there is in this league... the Kid always has his feet moving trying to battle for those extra yards..Hes been a little too aggressive hitting the hole but once he calms down and is more comfortable with the oline its going to be scary for the rest of the league.

Knowshon= ROY bar no injury.

sanchez has that locked down already barring a melt down..