PDA

View Full Version : THE GENIUS OF McDANIELS

WARHORSE
09-29-2009, 12:57 AM
I heard a quote from McDaniels today that I think epitomizes what I love about his style. Its the way he approaches HIS job. And I think hes done a great job of giving this mentality to our coaching staff, if they didnt already have it, and in turn, conveying this to the players, and getting them to be the best players on each given sunday that they can be.

Josh McDaniels On teaching the defense (coaching)
"That is what coaching is to me-teaching. If you are not a good communicator or a good teacher, it is hard to be a real affective coach at this level. There is too much information that you need to pass on along to your players, and we have so many different types of learners in our locker room. Some guys learn quickly from the mouth. Some guys need it on the board. Some guys need it on the board, on film, from the mouth, walkthrough and practice it twice, and then they have got it. That is just the way this game is. Every player is different, and I think that is part of being a good coach is figuring out, 'How do I have to teach my players? Because they are not all the same guy. That is a really critical component to being a good staff. If you have got a lot of good teachers and good communicators, then you are going to have players out there on the field that are well prepared. If you have good players who are well prepared, that is usually a good formula."

:salute::salute::salute:

Of course, this translates to every area of the game, not just defense.

This guy is makin me feel warm and fuzzy about the BRONCOS.

I look forward to seeing this play out over the next few years......Bowlen picked a winner. :coffee:

frenchfan
09-29-2009, 01:03 AM
That's so true...

As a manager I can't agree more... When you manage (or coach), you have to know you'll face different kind of people and your job is to put them in situation they can succeed... You have to communicate and to adapt to each one to spread your message and to make them buy it.

Another thing I like about McD is that he will give everyone a chance to shine... Meaning in fact he counts on everyone to be a part of the process... Good way to motivate IMO...

:salute:

FanInAZ
09-29-2009, 02:53 AM
As a teacher, I realize that teaching in and of its self is an art form. Some of the most brilliant people I know are some of the worst teachers because they don't understand this. There have been numerous HOF player in every sport that have failed as coaches because they don't know how to teach that which is so obvious to them, but not the average player. Some of the most brilliant coaches, such as Bill Walsh, Tom Landry, Don Shula, Bill Parcells and Shanny, didn't have HOF careers as players because they lacked the raw talent. Never-the-less, there is no correlation between a lack of talent and a lack of genius.

Bronco Warrior
09-29-2009, 09:04 AM
I noticed that in the Presser yesterday and though it as well. Having played for years and Have college coaches that show up to family reunions..lol...I have seen different styles and the fact that he recognizes the difference is what interested me. You want to know the real key to Joshie's success? A wise man once told me "Hire great people and get out of the way!". If you look at McD's staff there is a wealth of experience and a healthy helping of guys from Denvers Glory Days! Nolan started his career coaching those dominant LB's of the Orange Crush days under Reeves, Donatell was our DB's coach during the SB stretch..coached Atwater to greatness..and the list goes on!

claymore
09-29-2009, 09:18 AM
McD needs to prove allot more before im sold.

SR
09-29-2009, 09:24 AM

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out to you before, but it's "a lot". Not being a nazi, just pointing that out.

I'm not totally sold on McDaniels yet. I buy in to his coaching and his methods, but I still have a couple of question marks on a couple of his moves. I'm definitely happy we're 3-0, definitely glad our D appears to be the real deal, and definitely glad to see Orton playing half-way decent ball. The next two weeks will tell a lot about our entire team and how well our coaching staff adjusts to two teams that are better than we are.

We'll see.

MOtorboat
09-29-2009, 09:25 AM

No offense, but I don't think your approval really matters.

Bronco Warrior
09-29-2009, 09:25 AM

Don't bet on it! I just put your ass on EBAY...... best offer!

claymore
09-29-2009, 09:28 AM
I don't know if anyone has pointed this out to you before, but it's "a lot". Not being a nazi, just pointing that out.

I'm not totally sold on McDaniels yet. I buy in to his coaching and his methods, but I still have a couple of question marks on a couple of his moves. I'm definitely happy we're 3-0, definitely glad our D appears to be the real deal, and definitely glad to see Orton playing half-way decent ball. The next two weeks will tell a lot about our entire team and how well our coaching staff adjusts to two teams that are better than we are.

We'll see.

Yeah its been pointed out. But I like it that way.

Going 6-0 this year seems like allot to ask, but is the first point I will be all onboard.

claymore
09-29-2009, 09:29 AM
No offense, but I don't think your approval really matters.

Mine matters as much as yours does. Im glad you stated that meaningless, completley obvious fact though.

MOtorboat
09-29-2009, 09:30 AM
Mine matters as much as yours does. Im glad you stated that meaningless, completley obvious fact though.

Exactly.

Just a little sick of the "he's got to prove to me" statements.

claymore
09-29-2009, 09:33 AM
Exactly.

Are they anyworse than "I told you so!, Broncos are so much better!! :love: / Cutler/Shannahan sucks"

Dortoh
09-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Exactly.

He does any coach that loses the fan base eventually loses his job.

claymore
09-29-2009, 09:40 AM
He does any coach that loses the fan base eventually loses his job.

Thats why the fans were so involved with training camp, and why we drafted Moreno. We had to sell jersies and we have to make the fans be apart of the rebuilding.

Tned-Mobile
09-29-2009, 09:50 AM

We'll see.

This is basically where I am as well. Lot's of positive signs.

JONtheBRONCO
09-29-2009, 10:54 AM

Clay are you being a jackass on purpose? Because if so, you sold me already.

claymore
09-29-2009, 10:56 AM
Clay are you being a jackass on purpose? Because if so, you sold me already.

Why do I have to love McD? And why do you and everyone else have to get personal over an opinion on our coach?

Are you a ******** in real life?

MOtorboat
09-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Why do I have to love McD? And why do you and everyone else have to get personal over an opinion on our coach?

Because at this point, its just blind, irrational hatred.

But, seeing from your sig, I can tell that you are a Bears fan anyway.

GEM
09-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Enough of the personal ish. This thread isn't about Clay. He said his OPINION, respect that. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean he doesn't have a right to have it.

MOtorboat
09-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Enough of the personal ish. This thread isn't about Clay. He said his OPINION, respect that. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean he doesn't have a right to have it.

I don't respect blind hatred.

Sorry.

But I respect clay a lot. He's a good dude.

BroncoWave
09-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Yeah its been pointed out. But I like it that way.

Going 6-0 this year seems like allot to ask, but is the first point I will be all onboard.

Given your sig and your recent posts, I think this is a perfect place to insert a quote from an article posted the other day:

"But it's time to start believing in the impossible.

Or are you still too busy crying over that Jay Cutler jersey crumpled in the back of your closet?"

NightTrainLayne
09-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Clay will come around on his own time guys. If you don't know him well enough to trust that, then trust me. I've seen him admit when he was wrong and/or change his mind when it came to that point.

At some point Clay will finally sign off on McD, and he'll quit with the "prove it to me" comments. Nobody can force him to change his mind right now, but I know Clay well enough to know that he won't continue hating McD just for the sake of hating him. He'll come around. Be patient.

As you said Mo, Clay's a good dude.

Dreadnought
09-29-2009, 11:12 AM
The most encouraging sign I've seen from McDaniels is his flexibility. I was hugely worried that we had a Belichick-wannabe posturing phony tough guy on our hands* and there is no personality type I hate worse, nor one I have less respect for. That does not seem to be the case, though I suppose if we start losing we might see signs. So far, so good.

* See Eric Mangini for details, currently trashing what little there was left of the Browns organization even as I type this.

Dortoh
09-29-2009, 11:13 AM
http://babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2008/08/temper%20tantrum.jpg

GEM
09-29-2009, 11:16 AM
You all have received a mod directive to lay off. If you refuse to follow the directive, it will be dealt with.

Lay off Clay for not having the same opinion as yours. He has just as much right to his opinion as you do.

Dortoh
09-29-2009, 11:18 AM
You all have received a mod directive to lay off. If you refuse to follow the directive, it will be dealt with.

Lay off Clay for not having the same opinion as yours. He has just as much right to his opinion as you do.

Hey I should get a free pass I was poking fun of both sides equally :laugh:

claymore
09-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Because at this point, its just blind, irrational hatred.

But, seeing from your sig, I can tell that you are a Bears fan anyway.
Ive said how happy I am/were/is and was about being 3-0. Anytime something is said about McDaniels, Cutler or shanny gets brought up. Hence the sig.

Thank you. I dont understand the personal attacks.

I don't respect blind hatred.

Sorry.

But I respect clay a lot. He's a good dude.
I dont hate McD at all. I did. I really, really hated him. He is way better at this point than I thought he would be. But I refuse to let myself get excited until we beat some better teams.

Given your sig and your recent posts, I think this is a perfect place to insert a quote from an article posted the other day:

"But it's time to start believing in the impossible.

Or are you still too busy crying over that Jay Cutler jersey crumpled in the back of your closet?"
Jay Cutler Jersey will become something new. Im not paying good money for nothing. I think it will say 2 #1's and Orton over the 6.

Clay will come around on his own time guys. If you don't know him well enough to trust that, then trust me. I've seen him admit when he was wrong and/or change his mind when it came to that point.

At some point Clay will finally sign off on McD, and he'll quit with the "prove it to me" comments. Nobody can force him to change his mind right now, but I know Clay well enough to know that he won't continue hating McD just for the sake of hating him. He'll come around. Be patient.

As you said Mo, Clay's a good dude.
Thanks.

Dortoh
09-29-2009, 11:20 AM
Jay Cutler Jersey will become something new. Im not paying good money for nothing. I think it will say 2 #1's and Orton over the 6.

:laugh: that would be awesome

Bronco Warrior
09-29-2009, 11:21 AM
The most encouraging sign I've seen from McDaniels is his flexibility. I was hugely worried that we had a Belichick-wannabe posturing phony tough guy on our hands* and there is no personality type I hate worse, nor one I have less respect for. That does not seem to be the case, though I suppose if we start losing we might see signs. So far, so good.

* See Eric Mangini for details, currently trashing what little there was left of the Browns organization even as I type this.

At the outset, "McDumbnuts, the Boy Emporer" as I was calling him, was being a little Bellicheck clone and had everybody thinking we would be NE West...the dude even totally changed the menu at the caffeteria. Somewhere along the line he grew up and came out from behind the shadow of Bill and became his own man and I think that help him relax and just be himself and stop being such a little control freak! Or he got some good meds! Either way it's working!

Shazam!
09-29-2009, 11:24 AM
As being one of McDaniels biggest supporters and defenders upon his arrival, I will be kicking people off the bandwagon when the Broncos go 5-0.

CoachChaz
09-29-2009, 11:26 AM

No one says you have to love McD. I'm sure we all have teams where at one point we disliked something about the organization. hell, I deal with Angelos running the Orioles and had Fran coaching A&M. Talk about hatred.

But saying a new coach that is taking over a mediocre team at best should have to go 6-0 and beat 3 very talented teams in the process, before you say he's doing something good...seems a little far fetched.

claymore
As being one of McDaniels biggest supporters and defenders upon his arrival, I will be kicking people off the bandwagon when the Broncos go 5-0.

If we go 5-0, I will get McDaniels name sewn on my Cutler Jersey. Or maybe JMCD owns...

Bronco Warrior
Thank you. I dont understand the personal attacks.
Thanks.

It's because you are an Assss! LOL Just Kidding!

claymore
09-29-2009, 11:28 AM
No one says you have to love McD. I'm sure we all have teams where at one point we disliked something about the organization. hell, I deal with Angelos running the Orioles and had Fran coaching A&M. Talk about hatred.

But saying a new coach that is taking over a mediocre team at best should have to go 6-0 and beat 3 very talented teams in the process, before you say he's doing something good...seems a little far fetched.

It does, and I admitted that. I also said that was the soonest I would be on board, and the latest would be a 9-7 season.

Both scenarios, or somewhere in the middle is my selling point.

If we win less than half of the rest of our games, we should get there.

Dortoh
09-29-2009, 11:29 AM

Will you be accepting bribes

Shazam!
09-29-2009, 11:31 AM
I will get McDaniels name sewn on my Cutler Jersey.

Throw that piece of **** in the garbage.

Dortoh
09-29-2009, 11:31 AM

Actually that would be awesome to wear to a Broncos/Bears SB

not going to happen but still

claymore
09-29-2009, 11:32 AM

That shit cost money. Like 60-70 bucks or whatever they cost.

I cant throw bronco stuff out.

NightTrainLayne
09-29-2009, 11:33 AM
That shit cost money. Like 60-70 bucks or whatever they cost.

I cant throw bronco stuff out.

I still have my Brian Griese Jersey hanging in the closet.

Dortoh
09-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Speaking of McD but not needing its own thread I guess he is going to be on Jim Rome around 11 mtn FWIW

Shazam!
09-29-2009, 11:34 AM
I gave Broncos stuff I didn't want anymore or jerseys that didn't fit to Broncos fans who wanted them. I figured, at least it's in the family.

My Griese jersey ended up in the goodwill box though. Nobody wanted that crap.

silkamilkamonico
09-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Thats why the fans were so involved with training camp, and why we drafted Moreno. We had to sell jersies and we have to make the fans be apart of the rebuilding.

I agree. The Broncos imaged needed to be repaired after the Shanahan era took it from greatness to a laughing stock in the NFL, hence the reason we even had the scrimmage at Invesco earlier in he year. The organization needed to start building back up in a new direction and I wouldn't be surprised if they continued that way.

I think McDaniels has done an awesome job. It's quite clear to me why he didn't want Cutler, and the more I see what's going on I can say Cutler would not have been good in McDaniels system. He's just too careless and leaves his defense in vulnerable situations. I also do not like Orton. It's hard to hate on him yet because he's done a great job of protecting the ball, but the gu just leaves way too many plays out on the field for my taste.

All McDaniels needs is his QB, and Denver is set, IMHO. The guy can obviously coach, and he's already better at scheming that 75% of the other head coaches in the NFL.

silkamilkamonico
09-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Actually that would be awesome to wear to a Broncos/Bears SB

not going to happen but still

I would wear a Cutler jersey to a broncos/bears game. Nothing like supporting your team and one of your favorite QB's in the league. I'm still a big fan of Cutler even though I'm glad he's not in Denver anymore considering the direction the new regume is going.

CoachChaz
09-29-2009, 11:38 AM
I gave my Cutler Jersey and Griese jersey to my kids to wear over their pads at football practice.

But getting McDaniels name sewn on a #6 Broncos jersey is actually a genius idea.

claymore
09-29-2009, 11:40 AM
I agree. The Broncos imaged needed to be repaired after the Shanahan era took it from greatness to a laughing stock in the NFL, hence the reason we even had the scrimmage at Invesco earlier in he year. The organization needed to start building back up in a new direction and I wouldn't be surprised if they continued that way.

I think McDaniels has done an awesome job. It's quite clear to me why he didn't want Cutler, and the more I see what's going on I can say Cutler would not have been good in McDaniels system. He's just too careless and leaves his defense in vulnerable situations. I also do not like Orton. It's hard to hate on him yet because he's done a great job of protecting the ball, but the gu just leaves way too many plays out on the field for my taste.

All McDaniels needs is his QB, and Denver is set, IMHO. The guy can obviously coach, and he's already better at scheming that 75% of the other head coaches in the NFL.
Im almost there with you. Few things i dont like, but things seem to be going in the right direction.

topscribe
09-29-2009, 11:41 AM
I still have my Brian Griese Jersey hanging in the closet.

I still wear my Plummer jersey. To hell with it: those things are expensive . . .

-----

CoachChaz
09-29-2009, 11:42 AM
I can still get everyone authentic field jerseys for $100 if you're interested

claymore
09-29-2009, 11:43 AM
I can still get everyone authentic field jerseys for $100 if you're interested

Those are the real long ass ones arent they?

silkamilkamonico
09-29-2009, 11:43 AM
I don't understand the whole jersey thing. I have one jersey I bought like 8 years ago, and that's an Allen Iverson Philadelphia Eagles #3 jersey, and I think I've worn it once, and then asked "why?".

topscribe
09-29-2009, 11:46 AM
I don't understand the whole jersey thing. I have one jersey I bought like 8 years ago, and that's an Allen Iverson Philadelphia Eagles #3 jersey, and I think I've worn it once, and then asked "why?".

They're long, and they cover my belly and hips . . .

-----

Dreadnought
09-29-2009, 11:47 AM
I still wear my Plummer jersey. To hell with it: those things are expensive . . .

-----

November 2000, Monday Night Football - Brian Griese beat the Raiders 27-24 playing with a seperated shoulder. That alone makes a Griese jersey worth keeping IMO. He was tough as nails that night, and sadly never the same after that injury.

topscribe
09-29-2009, 11:48 AM
November 2000, Monday Night Football - Brian Griese beat the Raiders 27-24 playing with a seperated shoulder. That alone makes a Griese jersey worth keeping IMO. He was tough as nails that night, and sadly never the same after that injury.

I think people have forgotten how good he was before that time.

-----

claymore
09-29-2009, 11:54 AM
I always liked Griese. Never understood the hate. But never felt like dealing with the flamage that follows that guy.

CoachChaz
09-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Those are the real long ass ones arent they?

Depends on what size you get. I wear a 54 and it's really not that long. No longer than the mock jerseys with the numbers that eventually wear off.

Dortoh
09-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Women wearing your jersey and nothing else is hot.........just saying.

topscribe
09-29-2009, 12:03 PM

Last time I saw that it was my daughter . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thannoyed-1.gif

-----

claymore
09-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Last time I saw that it was my daughter . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thannoyed-1.gif

-----

Send pics! :drool:

Tned-Mobile
09-29-2009, 12:05 PM

McDaniels has done a good job, even though some of his offseason moves will be debated for years.

That said, this statement is not even close to reality, "the Shanahan era took it from greatness to a laughing stock in the NFL."

The Broncos have not been a 'laughing stock', simple because they went .500 the last five years. Do you realize how few teams in the NFL can match the Broncos record, even if you only look at the last ten years and discount the SB years? St. Louis, Detroit, Browns, etc. might be 'laughing stocks' of the league, but to label the Broncos that way makes no sense.

Tned-Mobile
09-29-2009, 12:55 PM
I think people have forgotten how good he was before that time.

-----

Revisionist history. It's happened with Griese, Plummer, Cutler, Shanahan. Some have even been guilty of rewriting history regarding Elway.

They revise history in order to feel better about the 'present'. I imagine fans of other teams are guilty of much the same.

Shazam!
09-29-2009, 01:10 PM

Gave my gf an Elway one.

Revisionist history. It's happened with Griese, Plummer, Cutler, Shanahan. Some have even been guilty of rewriting history regarding Elway.

I was never one of those Elway bashers back in the day, but the Broncos failures in those 10 years is enough reason to call for a change.

topscribe
09-29-2009, 01:13 PM
Send pics! :drool:

After that goat?

You won't get within a country mile of her . . . :coffee:

-----

silkamilkamonico
09-29-2009, 01:15 PM
McDaniels has done a good job, even though some of his offseason moves will be debated for years.

That said, this statement is not even close to reality, "the Shanahan era took it from greatness to a laughing stock in the NFL."

The Broncos have not been a 'laughing stock', simple because they went .500 the last five years. Do you realize how few teams in the NFL can match the Broncos record, even if you only look at the last ten years and discount the SB years? St. Louis, Detroit, Browns, etc. might be 'laughing stocks' of the league, but to label the Broncos that way makes no sense.

Denver became an organization that didn't deserve to make the playoffs because they would get blown out. Ask a good portion of NFL fans. "Denver? Well I'm not watching that game."

Not to mention how putrid the defense was, and then the monumentally historic collapse last year, adding in questions about Shanahan possibly not even trying to gameplan against the likes of Carolina, in a sense "throwing" that game to get to Buffalo.

Denver might not have been "the" laughing stock, but they have most certainly been "a" laughing stock of sorts, especially among fanbases of teams that were always among the upper echelon of the NFL.

WARHORSE
09-29-2009, 01:56 PM
"Some guys learn quickly from the mouth. Some guys need it on the board. Some guys need it on the board, on film, from the mouth, walkthrough and practice it twice, and then they have got it."

Me thinks Ayers is one of the latter. He actually had a tackle this past sunday. Im lookin forward to his continued progression.........but it might not be at the OLB position that he excels in the end if he cant drop into coverage with some dependability.

It may be at DE inevitably, but he would have to gain weight and strength.

claymore
09-29-2009, 01:57 PM
"Some guys learn quickly from the mouth. Some guys need it on the board. Some guys need it on the board, on film, from the mouth, walkthrough and practice it twice, and then they have got it."

Me thinks Ayers is one of the latter. He actually had a tackle this past sunday. Im lookin forward to his continued progression.........but it might not be at the OLB position that he excels in the end if he cant drop into coverage with some dependability.

He was also in some non 3rd down situations. Progress......

MOtorboat
09-29-2009, 01:59 PM
He was also in some non 3rd down situations. Progress......

I don't trust your ability to see the television during games.

:drunk:

claymore
09-29-2009, 02:03 PM
I don't trust your ability to see the television during games.

:drunk:

I watched my first sober game in awhile Sunday. TIA

MOtorboat
09-29-2009, 02:06 PM

I was sober this Sunday too.

WARHORSE
09-29-2009, 02:06 PM
It does, and I admitted that. I also said that was the soonest I would be on board, and the latest would be a 9-7 season.

Both scenarios, or somewhere in the middle is my selling point.

If we win less than half of the rest of our games, we should get there.

Well, look no further than this week as a telling point.

It will either cause everyone in the NFL nation to turn their heads with a win, or everyone in the NFL nation to say...........see.......told ya they werent real.

If its the latter..............Id like to see how our team reacts.

Either way, no one can argue the way we've played, the way we've practiced, or the way we've coached regardless.

Cause we have 3 more wins than alot of people thought we were going to have at this point.:woot:

claymore
09-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Well, look no further than this week as a telling point.

It will either cause everyone in the NFL nation to turn their heads with a win, or everyone in the NFL nation to say...........see.......told ya they werent real.

If its the latter..............Id like to see how our team reacts.

Either way, no one can argue the way we've played, the way we've practiced, or the way we've coached regardless.

Cause we have 3 more wins than alot of people thought we were going to have at this point.:woot:
I wanna see how we react either way. I hope we stomp the SOB's on national TV and Kill the Boo birds at Mile High.

We need some magic back.

WARHORSE
09-29-2009, 02:31 PM
I wanna see how we react either way. I hope we stomp the SOB's on national TV and Kill the Boo birds at Mile High.

We need some magic back.

Marion Barber is going to be a handful for us along with the huge Oline they have................but I think ROMOflop is going to give us the ball back at least twice.

What I want to see and hear is the 12th man.

claymore
09-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Marion Barber is going to be a handful for us along with the huge Oline they have................but I think ROMOflop is going to give us the ball back at least twice.

What I want to see and hear is the 12th man.

I want everyone they got healthy. I dont want any excuses. Im excited. Its going to be a bear.

Dortoh
09-29-2009, 03:06 PM

claymore
09-29-2009, 03:11 PM

I drank Iced tea, and had hot wings. It was nice.

BroncoWave
09-29-2009, 03:11 PM

My first thought was Marshall but Ayers makes sense too.

Bronco Warrior
09-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Shanahan had one flaw similar to Bellicheck..he didn't like hiring big time coordinators under him..not sure if it was ego or what. Shanahan could groom some great Coordinators like Jeremy Bates and his son Kyle, and of course Kubiak, but didn't like established ones so much. Bellicheck has the same problem..his way or the highway so he promotes from within those who already are drunk on his Koolaid and don't know better. Hence the failure of all his protoges. McDaniels seems to have bucked the trend and successfully created his own identity and to his credit has not shied away from hiring the experienced top Coordinators in the business and formed a staff to compliment what he lacks. IMO

claymore
09-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Shanahan had one flaw similar to Bellicheck..he didn't like hiring big time coordinators under him..not sure if it was ego or what. Shanahan could groom some great Coordinators like Jeremy Bates and his son Kyle, and of course Kubiak, but didn't like established ones so much. Bellicheck has the same problem..his way or the highway so he promotes from within those who already are drunk on his Koolaid and don't know better. Hence the failure of all his protoges. McDaniels seems to have bucked the trend and successfully created his own identity and to his credit has not shied away from hiring the experienced top Coordinators in the business and formed a staff to compliment what he lacks. IMO

I dont think he had a choice with Nolan. Bowlen wasnt going to fire Shanny and hire a HC, and some no name DC.

As for our OC I have no idea what his name is, nor do I think I will ever know it unless he does much better.

MOtorboat
09-29-2009, 03:24 PM
I dont think he had a choice with Nolan. Bowlen wasnt going to fire Shanny and hire a HC, and some no name DC.

As for our OC I have no idea what his name is, nor do I think I will ever know it unless he does much better.

So...just out of curiosity, since our offense is so bad, what do you expect us to win by, 40 points?

claymore
09-29-2009, 03:29 PM
So...just out of curiosity, since our offense is so bad, what do you expect us to win by, 40 points?

I think we could have put up 40 on the raiders and the browns.

Bronco Warrior
09-29-2009, 03:39 PM
The OC's name is Mike McCoy..he played QB here at the U. of Utah and then CFL. Was the OC at Carolina for the last while. It is obvious that McDaniels is calling the plays and McCoy is just a teacher and an assistant during the week.

And YES I have stated that I think Nolan was on Bowlen's speed-dial from the day he was cut loose at SF(They had history). Also I have speculated that Nolan was who the Tiff with Shanny was over.... and that it was why Bowlen went against expectations and hired Offense as a HC..he already had Nolan in the bag! and let McDaniels claim it as his idea...lol!!!**

** Statment is pure educated speculation and reading between the lines.

MOtorboat
09-29-2009, 03:45 PM
I think we could have put up 40 on the raiders and the browns.

So, let's boil this down to multiple choice.

A.) We could, but we didn't.

or...

B.) We couldn't.

or...

C.) We could, but we didn't have to.

If A.) is the choice than saying the offense is decidedly worse is a false conclusion. If B.) is the choice than I understand where you are coming from, yet disagree with you. If C.) is the choice, you're probably closer to reality...:welcome:

claymore
09-29-2009, 03:48 PM

or...

B.) We couldn't.

or...

If A.) is the choice than saying the offense is decidedly worse is a false conclusion. If B.) is the choice than I understand where you are coming from, yet disagree with you. If C.) is the choice, you're probably closer to reality...:welcome:

D we diint. Redzone issues.

If the answer is C) then we are going to the superbowl/.

Dortoh
09-29-2009, 03:53 PM

or...

B.) We couldn't.

or...

D ) Orton sucks

claymore
09-29-2009, 03:56 PM
D ) Orton sucks

Sweet Geebus..... Cue meltdown :eek:

MOtorboat
09-29-2009, 03:57 PM
Listen to MissouriBronc Clay..he is the expert! and please don't try to confuse himwith facts lol! He gets cranky!:lol:

OK...tell me again how Lavelle Edwards created the West Coast Offense, yet contradicted the philosophy of the West Coast Offense when explaining the principles of the offense he ran in the 70s at BYU...go ahead...muddle up this thread too.

D ) Orton sucks

24-12.

Bronco Warrior
09-29-2009, 03:59 PM
D ) Orton sucks

is that "D" for DUH?. and MCDaniels actually came out and said he needs work with his accuracy and arm strength in the presser yesterday and that proper footwork would help... but he was being nice about it.

Bronco Warrior
09-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Keep waiting for you to have a point or a fact. And where did he refute his own offense? did you actually read the artical from the trojan magazine? I was just making a general smartass comment on EVERYTHING YOU SAY! not just that specific chunk of Wrong info!

MOtorboat
09-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Keep waiting for you to have a point or a fact. And where did he refute his own offense? did you actually read the artical from the trojan magazine? I was just making a general smartass comment on EVERYTHING YOU SAY! not just that specific chunk of Wrong info!

OK...let's talk facts...except in this thread - - let's start with a few concepts surrounding the offense of the Broncos right now.

The Broncos have one offensive turnover. A fumble. They got that fumble back two plays later, so moot point.

The Broncos have no interceptions. They have won two games by 20 or more, and have played just three games.

They are 3-0. They are leading the AFC West.

Stop me when you run into something that isn't true.

We have the top rookie rusher in the NFL.

We have the 9th ranked offense in the NFL.

We are 8th in TOP.

We are 14th in points.

We are 5th in the least amount of penalties.

We are 6th in sacks allowed.

Again stop me when I get to something that isn't true.

We are 6th in number of plays over 20 yards.

Yeah...the offense really stinks, doesn't it...

Dortoh
09-29-2009, 04:15 PM

Wait a second..........Trojan has a magazine?

Bronco Warrior
09-29-2009, 04:21 PM
wait a second..........trojan has a magazine?

lol usc trojans!!!!

Dortoh
09-29-2009, 04:22 PM
LOL USC TROJANS!!!!

Talk about a let down :laugh:

BroncoWave
09-29-2009, 04:27 PM
NICE!

Funny how you glossed over all the FACTS he posted that proved you wrong and only cherry-picked this statement. Usually a good sign that someone has just been royally owned in an argument.

Dortoh
09-29-2009, 04:32 PM
You kids know GEM is going to come in here with a whoop ass stick

MOtorboat
09-29-2009, 04:35 PM
You kids know GEM is going to come in here with a whoop ass stick

Um, yeah, I kind of like that.

Bronco Warrior
09-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Funny how you glossed over all the FACTS he posted that proved you wrong and only cherry-picked this statement. Usually a good sign that someone has just been royally owned in an argument.

Those aren't the facts in despute..it is from another thread. I was on point in support of McDaniels and the things so far he is doing.

Bronco Warrior
09-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Press Ignore...Check!

JDL
09-29-2009, 05:04 PM

We'll see.

I always have a whole lot of fun pointing this out.

It really isn't "a lot" either. That is just shortened slang for "a whole lot." Which in Old English (where it originates, though there is an Old German form as well) is actually "hlot." In all honesty, it really is pretty ridiculous that society makes a big deal out of using the slang version "alot" instead of the slang version "a lot", rather than the proper English "a whole lot", particularly when the slang version "alot" is MUCH closer to the original form "hlot."

In many ways, it is bad English form to have one word split up like that. The "a" adds nothing to the word "lot" to make it mean what it does. "a" is just proper in front of the full idiom "a whole lot" and that's where the expression actually makes some English sense. You are really just inferring the full expression. Now considering that in Old English it was all one word, it would only be appropriate, at least it seems to me, if we came back full circle and shortened it properly to "alot."

Just saying. Lol.

Dortoh
09-29-2009, 05:06 PM
I always have a whole lot of fun pointing this out.

It really isn't "a lot" either. That is just shortened slang for "a whole lot." Which in Old English (where it originates, though there is an Old German form as well) is actually "hlot." In all honesty, it really is pretty ridiculous that society makes a big deal out of using the slang version "alot" instead of the slang version "a lot", rather than the proper English "a whole lot", particularly when the slang version "alot" is MUCH closer to the original form "hlot."

In many ways, it is bad English form to have one word split up like that. The "a" adds nothing to the word "lot" to make it mean what it does. "a" is just proper in front of the full idiom "a whole lot" and that's where the expression actually makes some English sense. You are really just inferring the full expression. Now considering that in Old English it was all one word, it would only be appropriate, at least it seems to me, if we came back full circle and shortened it properly to "alot."

Just saying. Lol.

I'm a bettin a lot of my posts crack you up.

GEM
09-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Effing aye. At what friggen point do ya'll knock this ish off? Put each other on ignore or do the adult thing and try to have a conversation that isn't laced with personal attacks. Is it really so friggen hard?

JDL
09-29-2009, 05:18 PM
As for the 'genius' of McDaniels.

I am still personally judging. I see adjustments occurring which is very exciting and this year is really more about judging the competency of the coaching staff than the ability of the team.

I do find it interesting that you have people on both sides of the argument taking somewhat hypocritical or obtuse stances. On the one hand, the mantra for many Broncos fans this offseason has been one of patience. Fans should not judge before they've really seen, yet after only 3 games on a soft schedule are ready to anoint McDaniels as the next great thing. To me that would not mesh with the prior stance of patience. 3 games is 3 games and a lot changes over the course of a season. On the other hand, there are fans who refuse to even acknowledge the positive signs from those 3 games, which I would find also to be disingenuous as the team has shown marked improvement both in terms of in-game adjustments and game-to-game adjustments. Even our bad starts seemed to improve from Week 1 and 2 to Week 3.

All I would say on the subject is that at least things look promising, but there is certainly a long ways to go before we start throwing around words like genius. I am certainly pleased with what I've seen and continue to be hopeful that this season is going to lay a strong foundation for future success. I would hope all Broncos fans hope for that.

I know it is going to take time for the divisions between fans created by this tumultuous offseason to dissipate, but I think we can at least agree for right now (this very day) things are good and just enjoy the fact we are 3-0.

How good we really are, what needs to improve, etc. are all valid questions we will be asking and evaluating over the coming weeks.

Lol... I am not sure the above post really said anything significant, but I felt like saying it anyhow. ;)

GEM
09-29-2009, 05:27 PM
Thread is cleaned up. Let's stop with the personal stuff and have some decent Broncos conversations.

GEM
09-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Do I know how to kill a thread, or what? :laugh:

Dortoh
09-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Do I know how to kill a thread, or what? :laugh:

I didnt wanna say anything but rumors are flying

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OCnEnUx03Ys/SiXjTadFZyI/AAAAAAAAAu4/LK5hWpOWQZw/s320/debbie_downer1.jpg

GEM
09-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Watch it, hotrod! :heh: Whoop ass sticks leave nice marks!

Bronco Warrior
09-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Can I repost all the comments I got all the High Fives on for my brilliant insight before all the silliness happened? :woot::grouphug:

GEM
09-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Can I repost all the comments I got all the High Fives on for my brilliant insight before all the silliness happened? :woot::grouphug:

No.

:hitswithwhoopassstick:

Simple Jaded
09-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Since when is Josh McDaniels the defensive coordinator?.......

Simple Jaded
09-29-2009, 06:11 PM

Offense only matters when they lose.......

Simple Jaded
09-29-2009, 06:20 PM
The OC's name is Mike McCoy..he played QB here at the U. of Utah and then CFL. Was the OC at Carolina for the last while. It is obvious that McDaniels is calling the plays and McCoy is just a teacher and an assistant during the week.

And YES I have stated that I think Nolan was on Bowlen's speed-dial from the day he was cut loose at SF(They had history). Also I have speculated that Nolan was who the Tiff with Shanny was over.... and that it was why Bowlen went against expectations and hired Offense as a HC..he already had Nolan in the bag! and let McDaniels claim it as his idea...lol!!!**

** Statment is pure educated speculation and reading between the lines.

The problem I would have with that theory is that Mike Nolan and Mike Shanahan are good friends, I sincerely doubt Shanahan would be willing to "Tiff" with Bowlen if Bowlen forced him to hire Nolan.

I believe that the Tiff with Shanahan was over Shanahan's refusing to fire the most incompetent and inept Defensive Coordinator in NFL history, promoting Slowik in the first place is reason enough to get fired (Because of this, it's honestly crossed my mind that maybe Shanahan wanted to get fired).......

Bronco Warrior
09-29-2009, 06:54 PM
The problem I would have with that theory is that Mike Nolan and Mike Shanahan are good friends, I sincerely doubt Shanahan would be willing to "Tiff" with Bowlen if Bowlen forced him to hire Nolan.

I "Speculated" that Bowlen had Nolan in mind before he hired McDaniels and said it was a funny thought that had merit...can you imaging Cutler and that shanny offense and Nolan's defense? You think Bowlen is too stupid to come up with that on his own?

Simple Jaded
09-29-2009, 07:07 PM
I "Speculated" that Bowlen had Nolan in mind before he hired McDaniels and said it was a funny thought that had merit...can you imaging Cutler and that shanny offense and Nolan's defense? You think Bowlen is too stupid to come up with that on his own?

Makes ya wanna ****ing puke doesn't it? Combine this defense and that offense and you would have a SuperBowl contender.

I don't know if Bowlen is too stupid, but I think Joe Ellis is.......

MOtorboat
09-29-2009, 10:01 PM
Makes ya wanna ****ing puke doesn't it? Combine this defense and that offense and you would have a SuperBowl contender.

I don't know if Bowlen is too stupid, but I think Joe Ellis is.......

LOL...like Shanahan with any defensive coordinator would have put together a good defense...

That...is just laughable.

MOtorboat
09-29-2009, 10:04 PM

I'm not sure if you understand the NFL at all, but Bowlen isn't the one making football decisions.

Simple Jaded
09-29-2009, 10:20 PM
LOL...like Shanahan with any defensive coordinator would have put together a good defense...

That...is just laughable.

The Broncos have had some pretty salty defenses under Mike Shanahan from time to time, besides, my point is about that offense put together with this defense.......I said nothing about Mike Shanahan, Bronco Warrior brought him up.

If McDaniels didn't **** up the QB situation, I'd be saying the same thing.......

MOtorboat
09-29-2009, 10:22 PM
The Broncos have had some pretty salty defenses under Mike Shanahan from time to time, besides, my point is about that offense put together with this defense.......I said nothing about Mike Shanahan, Bronco Warrior brought him up.

If McDaniels didn't **** up the QB situation, I'd be saying the same thing.......

Well, apparently, he didn't **** anything up. It's just your delusional mind.

Just to remind you...WORST COLLAPSE IN DIVISIONAL HISTORY....48 rating in most important games of season...:fail:

McDaniels didn't **** anything up. Shanahan and Cutler did.

Simple Jaded
09-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Well, apparently, he didn't **** anything up. It's just your delusional mind.

Just to remind you...WORST COLLAPSE IN DIVISIONAL HISTORY....48 rating in most important games of season...:fail:

McDaniels didn't **** anything up. Shanahan and Cutler did. There are consequences to pay for sucking dick in the last three weeks of the season.

McDaniels ****ed up royally!

It's convenient how you only bring up the 8 games he lost and not the rest of the 16 games in which he carried the entire team.

As if Cutler and Shanahan were the only ones that had anything to do with that "WORST COLLAPSE IN DIVISIONAL HISTORY". Lmfao.......That's not delusional at all, just to remind you.

All you've proven is that if Cutler didn't succeed the team had no chance of winning.......

MOtorboat
09-29-2009, 10:34 PM

It's convenient how you only bring up the 8 games he lost and not the rest of the 16 games in which he carried the entire team.

As if Cutler and Shanahan were the only ones that had anything to do with that "WORST COLLAPSE IN DIVISIONAL HISTORY". Lmfao.......That's not delusional at all, just to remind you.

All you've proven is that if Cutler didn't succeed the team had no chance of winning.......

I'll believe it when I see it. All I've listened to all off season is bitchingg...and shit...we go 3-0 and you're still bitching. Spare us, and go root for Cutler. I hear he's throwing interceptions left and right.

MOtorboat
09-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Everybody's fault except Cutler...

We've heard this tale...

Day1BroncoFan
09-29-2009, 10:37 PM
McDaniels may not be a genius but he's got my vote to go for it this year.

Simple Jaded
09-29-2009, 10:41 PM
Everybody's fault except Cutler...

We've heard this tale...

Where did I say that? I said he carried the team and that it was a major F'up getting rid of him, I never said he was perfect.......

EMB6903
09-29-2009, 10:43 PM

Would shanahan have brought in key contributors like goodman,dawkins, and davis.? Would this team have been as physical with shanny? I don't think so...from the start mcdaneils has preached tough smart football.. It started in training camp having 28 of the 30 practices with pads on.... Completely different from a very soft shanahan training camp... Quit acting like nolan is the only one responsible for how this defense is playing..... Mcdaniels has played a huge part in the defensive success so far this season.

MOtorboat
09-29-2009, 10:45 PM
Where did I say that? I said he carried the team and that it was a major F'up getting rid of him, I never said he was perfect.......

Don't worry, you've said it a million times.

And, no...we GOT IT!

Day1BroncoFan
09-29-2009, 10:47 PM
It's pretty obvious to see that the Broncos have played like crap for at least 3 years under Shanahan and now that McDaniels is HC all of the sudden they are playing better. They even look better on the field and are more fun to watch for me.

I mean no disrespect to Shanahan but it looks more like they want to win this year.

I don't care where jay plays. He is gone.

Simple Jaded
09-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Don't worry, you've said it a million times.

And, no...we GOT IT!

Show me where I said that it's everybody elses fault, just because I don't bitch about Jay Cutler it doesn't mean I think he's without his share of the blame.......

Day1BroncoFan
09-29-2009, 10:50 PM
I think maybe Shanahan and McDaniels secretly traded brains.

Thnikkaman
09-29-2009, 10:59 PM

No, Cutler and Shanahan just sprinted to the finish line then took a nap.

MOtorboat
09-29-2009, 11:00 PM
No, Cutler and Shanahan just sprinted to the finish line then took a nap.

Cutler is the G.O.A.T.

McDaniels sucks.

frauschieze
09-29-2009, 11:15 PM
This thread is done for the time being. I don't have time to clean it up, so if another mod so chooses and unlocks it great.

Drop the shit.