PDA

View Full Version : Broncos MVP up to week 3!

Bronco Warrior
09-28-2009, 07:56 PM
So this is my first poll..be kind!
Who would you say has been the "Most Valuable Person" SO FAR THIS YEAR? I intentionally left off Josh McDaniels because he is kinda the center of all it happening and should get respect for that regardless of how you might feel about everything he has done along the way.

so here goes:

1- Kyle Orton. Yes he's our QB but has he done enough to warrant your choice?

2- Correl Buckhalter. I admit I was calling him Busthalter when we first signed him. So far I was very wrong!

3-Jabbar Gaffney. Has he been that valuable as a guy who already knew the "O" and could help teach it to others?

4- The offensive line. Not going to single one out..they wouldn't.

5- Brian Dawkins..WeaponX. his fire and leadership..does he make the top of your list?

6- Elvis "has not left the building" Dumervil. Thriving in his new position and arguablythe star of the D so far!

7- Mike Nolan. The Old School Defensive Gangster! We got talent but does he know what to do with it?

8- Somebody else. Somebody either Plyer or Coach that has made a big enough impression on you to get your vote

Zweems56
09-28-2009, 07:58 PM
So this is my first poll..be kind!
Who would you say has been the "Most Valuable Person" SO FAR THIS YEAR? I intentionally left off Josh McDaniels because he is kinda the center of all it happening and should get respect for that regardless of how you might feel about everything he has done along the way.

so here goes:

1- Kyle Orton. Yes he's our QB but has he done enough to warrant your choice?

2- Correl Buckhalter. I admit I was calling him Busthalter when we first signed him. So far I was very wrong!

3-Jabbar Gaffney. Has he been that valuable as a guy who already knew the "O" and could help teach it to others?

4- The offensive line. Not going to single one out..they wouldn't.

5- Brian Dawkins..WeaponX. his fire and leadership..does he make the top of your list?

6- Elvis "has not left the building" Dumervil. Thriving in his new position and arguablythe star of the D so far!

7- Mike Nolan. The Old School Defensive Gangster! We got talent but does he know what to do with it?

8- Somebody else. Somebody either Plyer or Coach that has made a big enough impression on you to get your vote

Its kinda.... not a poll.

Bronco Warrior
09-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Sorry new to polls..now it is! took me a minute

shank
09-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Its kinda.... not a poll.

haha...

i've said it before and i'll say it again, mike nolan is the biggest single upgrade to the 2009 denver broncos.

the easy answer for players is the o-line. their high level of play has enabled everything good that our offense has done to this point.

doom is the individual with the most impressive individual stats.

/cop-out

Nomad
09-28-2009, 08:05 PM
The BRONCOS are my MVPs!

Bronco Warrior
09-28-2009, 08:05 PM
My Personal pick is Nolan. He has made us a tough attacking team on Defense and Think is washes over the whole team. getting mauled by one ide of the ball being tough and nasty you have to meet that intensity or get killed..and that is just in practice!

Hoshdude7
09-28-2009, 08:17 PM
stokley :laugh:

Bronco Warrior
09-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Tried to not single out just one Receiver for play..but Stokely has merit. Don't get me started as to why our Star wide-outs haven't shined more! Gaffney was more of a teaching and leadership and helping our boys drink Joshies KoolAid pick ;)

Skinny
09-28-2009, 08:27 PM
The Old School Gangster FTW!

Bronco Warrior
09-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Seriously! Have you ever seen nolan in a Pinstripped Armani? all he needs then is a Violin case and a bowler! LMAO! He lobbied the League a few years ago to wear a suit on the sidelines and they let Nolan and Del Rio wear one on the sidelines two games that year. He respects the history and tradition of the game!

Northman
09-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Nolan without a doubt.

anton...
09-28-2009, 08:47 PM
i like the denver broncos...

Ziggy
09-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Andre Davis has to be considered. A couple of players have stated that he is the QB of the defense, and his play has been outstanding.

Tned
09-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Andre Davis has to be considered. A couple of players have stated that he is the QB of the defense, and his play has been outstanding.

Yep, a pickup roundly bashed by most on this forum, but he has been a star to start the season.

MasterShake
09-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Nolan for sure, but an honorable mention to Kyle Orton for playing mistake free and making plays when he has to.

shank
09-28-2009, 10:59 PM
Yep, a pickup roundly bashed by most on this forum, but he has been a star to start the season.

i have to admit, i was almost hoping that he wouldn't play well so that larsen could see the field sooner, but i'm very happy with his impact. way to go andra

Brand
09-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Hard to say. The designation needs to be based on a consistent level of performance. I have been impressed wth the D and what they have done to date, but the Oline keeps everything out in front, giving Orton the time and the RBs the holes, and frustrating the h3ll out of the other guys - Seymour, for example. Few penalties, and they just keep playing ball.....

I voted the Oline as a basic need to any good chance to win games. The Dline is very indespensible as well. Just give me the big guys up front.....

FanInAZ
09-28-2009, 11:51 PM
I was going to go with Doom because of his two sacks. However, I went with Dawkins instead because of his fumble recovery because...

1. He had great situational awareness when making a split second decision. Realizing that he was out of bound when he saw the ball on the turf and that he needed to get in bounds before touching it.

2. Great concentration. He didn't lose track of where the ball was as he made sure his feet were in bounds. If he would have lost track of it for even a split second, then the ball may have rolled out of bounds before he located it again.

3. That recovery knocked the wind out of the Raiders. Bucky had just fumbled a couple of plays earlier giving the Raiders the ball in the red zone. When that happens, your suppose to a least get a FG out of the oppertunity. The Raiders came away empty. Empty in point, momentum & confidance that they would find a way to win.

dogfish
09-29-2009, 12:36 AM
idiots!

it's clearly lonnie paxton. . . .

frauschieze
09-29-2009, 12:38 AM
idiots!

it's clearly lonnie paxton. . . .

:throwrock:

10 demerits. Meet me in the Lounge for your lashings.

ikillz0mbies
09-29-2009, 12:47 AM
I voted for Nolan. Amazing job he has done with this once-atrocious defense.

Dirk
09-29-2009, 05:24 AM
I voted for Orton. All the kid does is win football games.

I know that Nolan was an outstanding coach signing but when it comes to play on the field, I have to give Kyle his props. I still think that the offense hasn't been opened up and once it is, look out.

broncofaninfla
09-29-2009, 09:20 AM
Mike Nolan has been a true difference maker for our team. He has my vote....

Dortoh
09-29-2009, 09:37 AM
I refuse to vote as long as Orton is an option ;)

Ok I voted for Nolan IMO the single best move of the offseason.

Bronco Warrior
09-29-2009, 09:47 AM
I shoulda added Prater. Except for the two misses in 30 mile crosswinds he has been stellar. Did anybody else see him kick-off through the uprights again against Oakland?

It is a little worrisome when your kicker has out scored the rest of your team.
Well with him atleast we get some in the REDZONE!