PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels pleased with Broncos' physical play

Denver Native (Carol)
09-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Good press conference from Coach McD today, under video/audio
http://www.denverbroncos.com/

And, this article is some of what Coach McD said in the press conference earlier today.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13438229

Looking at the film from Sunday's 23-3 victory at Oakland, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels was mostly pleased with what he saw.

"We had a lot of people play well; executed the plan the way we had hoped to," McDaniels said in his news conference with his team sitting at 3-0 for the season. "We played very physical and really were competitive in every phase, every situation, and felt like we won the line of scrimmage for the better part of the day on both sides."

There is plenty of room for improvement, he added, and evidence of that will be presented to his team in this afternoon's full-squad meeting.

"We have a 50-play (video) cutup we're going to watch during the squad meeting and it's not all bows and ribbons," McDaniels said. "When players see that you don't have to convince them that they need to improve. They know they have to get better. The biggest thing you can do is take what you saw in the film that we didn't do well, go out there Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and actually emphasize it."

McDaniels said the glaring improvement need is in field-goal protection. Regarding his defense — which has allowed only one touchdown and 16 total points — McDaniels said:

"We knew we had a decent chance to be a good defense. Physical up front, good secondary, and (we've) tackled fairly well in the first three weeks of the season. If you execute a good plan with good players, usually you have a good chance to win."

DenBronx
09-28-2009, 05:44 PM
16 total points allowed by our D in 3 weeks. :beer:

Shazam!
09-28-2009, 09:46 PM
and felt like we won the line of scrimmage for the better part of the day on both sides."

Physical up front, good secondary, and (we've) tackled fairly well in the first three weeks of the season

These are the two difference makers from McDaniels' Broncos and teams past.

Den21vsBal19
09-29-2009, 06:52 PM
I'd never've believed that!!!!!!!! :faint:

Hell, I'd've been happy giving up 16 a game :lol:

TXBRONC
09-29-2009, 06:56 PM
I'd never've believed that!!!!!!!! :faint:

Hell, I'd've been happy giving up 16 a game :lol:

I don't to go the rest of season only giving up an average of 5.3 points game but I think defense is stout enough to keep us in games barring being decimated by injuries.

Bronco Warrior
09-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Welcome to the "NOLAN EFFECT"!

broncobryce
09-29-2009, 07:42 PM
Rollin with Nolan babaayyyyyy!!!!!!!!

Peerless
09-29-2009, 07:44 PM

http://andthisismyamerica.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/office_space_asskick.jpg

Hell yes. 3-0

dogfish
09-29-2009, 09:11 PM
dogfish is also pleased. . . .

Lonestar
09-29-2009, 09:15 PM
well when he came to town and said he wanted to get bigger, stronger, meaner and take back home field advantage .

I thought he was biting off more than he could chew in ONE season..

I thought this would be a team to reckon with in 2010-13 but maybe we will be more than spoilers by the end of this season..

I like what I have seen and heard..

But so far it seems like he is doing just that..:salute: