PDA

View Full Version : Elvis: "Clady makes me better."- Denver Post

DenBronx
09-28-2009, 03:06 PM
OAKLAND, Calif. — The only thing more difficult than beating Broncos left tackle Ryan Clady for a sack would be to get Clady to say a few words about how he does what he does.

Leave it to Elvis Dumervil to speak up. Dumervil spends all week battling Clady, and on game day he just smiles through somebody else's pain.

"You know one of the reasons I get sacks on Sundays is (Clady). Going against him every day is hell," Dumervil said. "There's no other way to say it. He's athletic, long arms — pretty much the toughest tackle I've ever gone against.

"He's just special. He's going to be on that side for 20 years. He's athletic, he's smart, he has poise — he doesn't get rattled. There's not much you can beat him with."

The Broncos' offensive front held the Raiders without a sack Sunday and mashed the Oakland defense to help Denver get 215 yards rushing.

The Raiders had come into the game as a defense that pressured quarterbacks from the outside-in with defensive ends Richard Seymour and Greg Ellis having had all five of the team's sacks.

That put the Broncos' tackles — Clady and Ryan Harris — squarely on the hot seat against two industrial-size pass rushers. Seymour, acquired by the Raiders in a trade just before the season, goes 6-feet-6, 315 pounds, making him one of the biggest right defensive ends Clady will face this season. Ellis is 6-6, 265.

"Our tackles did a great job," center Casey Wiegmann said. "That's what they did last year, and they're doing it again this year."

Seymour was frustrated to the point of taking a personal-foul penalty in the third quarter after being stonewalled by Clady again. Seymour pushed Clady down after a 2-yard completion from Kyle Orton to Jabar Gaffney, then yanked Clady's hair. Seymour is likely to be fined for the offense.

"No comment on that one," Clady said.

Clady summed up his day with: "The way we practice, that's what I do (in games)." He concluded: "I don't think I played that well."

In the end, neither Seymour nor Ellis registered a sack or even so much as a hit on Orton, and the Raiders did not have a tackle for loss by any one of their front seven.

"Both those guys — Harris and Clady are tough, tough guys, but Clady is the guy I see every day, and if you break even sometimes, you think you won," Dumervil said. "I come into game days thinking the guy I'm playing isn't going to surprise me with something I haven't seen before because I was banging against Ryan Clady all week. We always go against each other; he doesn't go against anyone else and I don't go against anyone else. He gets me better, and I hope I get him better."

claymore
09-28-2009, 03:14 PM
I love those 2 so much. :love:

honz
09-28-2009, 03:19 PM
I'll give Shanny this much...many of the rookies he brought in last year (and the previous couple years for that matter) are playing big roles on this team. Clady would for sure be a top 5 pick if teams could redo the 2008 draft...maybe even the #1 overall pick.

shank
09-28-2009, 03:27 PM
i think i was more wrong about clady than anything i've ever been wrong about. like clay, i ♥ clady and harris (and kuper). the old guys are good, i only like-like them.

claymore
09-28-2009, 03:34 PM
i think i was more wrong about clady than anything i've ever been wrong about. like clay, i ♥ clady and harris (and kuper). the old guys are good, i only like-like them.

Id Let Clady, Royal, Doom, Hillis, Moreno, and Dawkins all take a dump at my house.

Thats my new rating. Who will shit at Claymores house/

honz
09-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Id Let Clady, Royal, Doom, Hillis, Moreno, and Dawkins all take a dump at my house.

Would you let Orton take a dump at your house?

claymore
09-28-2009, 03:38 PM

Its kinda soon in the relationship. Id let him pee on my fence and drink beers on my porch. IF he was clean shaven.

MOtorboat
09-28-2009, 03:39 PM

:tsk:

Dreadnought
09-28-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm not sure Orton got so much as bumped into all day yesterday, much less sacked. Football as played by our QB was barely a contact sport yesterday, and you gotta love that.

And this from a supposed worldbeater D-line. OR told us so.

honz
09-28-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm not sure Orton got so much as bumped into all day yesterday, much less sacked. Football as played by our QB was barely a contact sport yesterday, and you gotta love that.

And this from a supposed worldbeater D-line. OR told us so.Gerard Warren got his hands on Orton once in the first half sometime, but Orton shrugged him off, stepped up, and simply threw it away into the ground in front of Marshall.

I think that was the only time though.

NightTrainLayne
09-28-2009, 03:49 PM

:tsk:

honz
09-28-2009, 03:52 PM

This needs to be a part of the Madden ratings. Say I am doing a fantasy draft and can't decide between two players...I want to be able to scroll over and see whether Clay would let them take a dump at his house. It would makes those tough decisions a lot easier.

Lonestar
09-28-2009, 03:54 PM

And this from a supposed worldbeater D-line. OR told us so.

I was stuck at APO's traveling during the game and just following the game day threads..

I was happy that the doomsday DL that everyone was talking about did not harass nor touch KO all game..

BroncoWave
09-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Clady summed up his day with: "The way we practice, that's what I do (in games)." He concluded: "I don't think I played that well."

:eek: If that's the case I can't wait until he starts playing well! :lol:

Superchop 7
09-28-2009, 05:04 PM

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________----

If he promised to set his feet properly.

DenBronx
09-28-2009, 05:28 PM
I'll give Shanny this much...many of the rookies he brought in last year (and the previous couple years for that matter) are playing big roles on this team. Clady would for sure be a top 5 pick if teams could redo the 2008 draft...maybe even the #1 overall pick.

Clady would go before Jake "the fake" Long.

ursamajor
09-28-2009, 05:33 PM

But the highest of ratings would be "I'd let them take a dump in my Master Bathroom"

Bronco Warrior
09-28-2009, 05:34 PM
If CLADY starts "Playing well" there are gonna be some DEs on stretchers!!! Oh wait like that's a bad thing? Hmmm?

DenBronx
09-28-2009, 05:42 PM
But the highest of ratings would be "I'd let them take a dump in my Master Bathroom"

lol @ your sig.

Dreadnought
09-28-2009, 06:47 PM

Clay's version of "Master Bathroom" is the one with real toilet paper, the latest issue of Juggs, and working plumbing fixtures. He's not a fancy man

WARHORSE
09-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Clady vs Seymour

http://metropolitician.blogs.com/scribblings_of_the_metrop/_images_photos_avp2_avp22.jpg

WARHORSE
09-28-2009, 07:06 PM
http://i.pbase.com/g4/54/648354/2/91260993.ndth8mvK.jpg

Iron Clady

claymore
09-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Clady's gotta gun. :drinking:

Ziggy
09-28-2009, 09:36 PM
I still remember all the talk before Clady started his rookie year......"But, but, but he failed the Wonderlic exam! He's too stupid to play tackle in the NFL."

shank
09-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Clady vs Seymour

http://metropolitician.blogs.com/scribblings_of_the_metrop/_images_photos_avp2_avp22.jpg

that movie took place in gunnison, co.