PDA

View Full Version : This is going to suck

Dortoh
09-28-2009, 10:54 AM
I'm here for my crow. I thought about waiting to see how we play against better teams but thats not the point really. Regardless of how many W's/L's we get this year I love the direction McD is taking the team. I was so sick of the finese soft team. This team plays hard and smart thats nice to see around here for a change.

Just a strong smart team thank you Mr. McD. Nolen who I dont have to eat crow for should be getting his share of props also. 16 total points is a Bronco record for the first 3 games of any season for anyone who loves stats.

I'm on the coach McD bandwagon........better late then never right :)

Anyone else wanna join me and take their beating this is your chance. Again I'm not ready to start talking playoffs or winning record but after 3 games I simply love the direction McD is taking my Broncos :salute:

Ouch my first mistake ever. I guess it was bound to happen someday :laugh:

Ok day 1 supporters of McD can flame me, shoot me, razz me, flat out assult me and I wont take it personal or fire back (maybe :lol:)

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3225/Eating_Crow.jpg

claymore
09-28-2009, 10:55 AM
You puss.

Dortoh
09-28-2009, 10:59 AM
You puss.

Its the danger of being outspoken like I am. Lucky for me this is my first and most likely last mistake in judgement.

What can I say my greatness speaks for itself :)

NightTrainLayne
09-28-2009, 11:00 AM
You puss.

Claymore's holding out for back-to-back superbowls before he jumps on board.

Be careful Clay. .. there might not be any room left on the band-wagon by then.

claymore
09-28-2009, 11:02 AM
Claymore's holding out for back-to-back superbowls before he jumps on board.

Be careful Clay. .. there might not be any room left on the band-wagon by then.

By then I will just pretend Ive been on board all along!

Kaylore
09-28-2009, 11:02 AM
Beating down the Raiders will always win over a large majority of Bronco fans.

I'm going to take my punches, though.

Shame on you for not waiting and seeing the team. Smart people wait for results before they make a determination. And to be fair, the season is far from over. If they lose the next ten games you'll be the John Kerry of posters.

But I applaud your admitting that last years' team was soft and this years' squad is not. And maybe now we'll see the cheap shots at our coach come down.

claymore
09-28-2009, 11:03 AM

Shame on you for not waiting and seeing the team. Smart people wait for results before they make a determination. And to be fair, the season is far from over. If they lose the next ten games you'll be the John Kerry of posters.

But I applaud your admitting that last years' team was soft and this years' squad is not. And maybe now we'll see the cheap shots at our coach come down.

There are 2 must win games a year for me. I hate losing to the raiders.

broncofaninfla
09-28-2009, 11:10 AM
It was easy to take shots at McD through out the offseason because a lot of the personel decisions were questionable but so far it looks like he might be on to somthing especially from a system and scheme standpoint. A also like that we seem to be getting better with each game. That could be because of who we have played to date or it could be because things are slowly starting to gel for us. We'll see as the season progresses.

Dortoh
09-28-2009, 11:10 AM

Fair enough

John Kerry no like I said its about what I see the core/direction of the team heading. I like it wins be damn we are going in the right direction

CoachChaz
09-28-2009, 11:16 AM
There are 2 must win games a year for me. I hate losing to the raiders.

I'm going to add a 3rd must win game. Dallas. If we lose next week, i have to hear that shit forever...or at least until the next Tony Romo interception

claymore
09-28-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm going to add a 3rd must win game. Dallas. If we lose next week, i have to hear that shit forever...or at least until the next Tony Romo interception

I concede that. One of my best friends is a hardcore Dallas fan. Im going to have to hear that shit forever.....

honz
09-28-2009, 11:24 AM
I'd razz you, Dortoh, but I can't speak through my tears of joy. Welcome aboard the bandwagon, bandwagoner!

CoachChaz
09-28-2009, 11:25 AM
I concede that. One of my best friends is a hardcore Dallas fan. Im going to have to hear that shit forever.....

Dallas fans are asses. I could sit here all week and tell all of them that they are going to beat us and every one of those dicks will still run their mouth if we lose. Cocky, unintelligent ********

claymore
09-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Dallas fans are asses. I could sit here all week and tell all of them that they are going to beat us and every one of those dicks will still run their mouth if we lose. Cocky, unintelligent ********

I feel for you. I guess its good living in Buccaneer land. They have no fanbase.

Day1BroncoFan
09-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Dortoh, remember to chew well before swallowing. :D

yardog
09-28-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm here for my crow. I thought about waiting to see how we play against better teams but thats not the point really. Regardless of how many W's/L's we get this year I love the direction McD is taking the team. I was so sick of the finese soft team. This team plays hard and smart thats nice to see around here for a change.

Just a strong smart team thank you Mr. McD. Nolen who I dont have to eat crow for should be getting his share of props also. 16 total points is a Bronco record for the first 3 games of any season for anyone who loves stats.

Anyone else wanna join me and take their beating this is your chance. Again I'm not ready to start talking playoffs or winning record but after 3 games I simply love the direction McD is taking my Broncos :salute:

Ok day 1 supporters of McD can flame me, shoot me, razz me, flat out assult me and I wont take it personal or fire back (maybe :lol:)

I'm not ready to start talking playoffs or winning record

This is still what gets me we could have been thinking SB with this Def.

CoachChaz
09-28-2009, 11:55 AM
I feel for you. I guess its good living in Buccaneer land. They have no fanbase.

Well, all we have to do is win and I'll be okay. Then the fans will be trashing their team more than I will be. Bunch of fair-weathered freaks.

pnbronco
09-28-2009, 12:09 PM
I'm here for my crow. I thought about waiting to see how we play against better teams but that's not the point really. Regardless of how many W's/L's we get this year I love the direction McD is taking the team. I was so sick of the finese soft team. This team plays hard and smart that's nice to see around here for a change.

Dort I :salute: you for not waiting till the season gets super tough to have your chance to say I told you so.

Kaylore tried to warn everyone over and over to wait till the season started to see what direction the team was going. We are so lucky to have him. I also tried to share that I was seeing a "team" coming together at camp and was told that my orange colored glasses just blinded me.

McD did something so different this year at camp. He made the fans feel welcome and the players be accountable for everything good and bad. IMO it's starting to show in the games. It would have been so easy to overlook these first 3 games and but they didn't. They have been getting stronger with each game. Watching the game yesterday I could see how ticked McD was a each penalty and you know he's not happy with the red zone. So they will continue to address these problems and continue to gel as a team. Everything is still fairly new with almost everyone.

It was nice to hear the announcers yesterday praise McD and Orton. Which is something none of our local media did. My favorite line was "when did become a bad thing to be a good team manager" when talking about Orton. They also talked about how much time Orton put in studying McD's plays and I was even more impressed with him. In the post game interviews on Channel 4 the players all made it a point to say they didn't care what the media thought of them, just that they played for each other.

There is plenty of room on the Bronco wagon, because deep down we are all fans of this team we love. (olive branch extended)

T.K.O.
09-28-2009, 12:16 PM
i was thinking last night how important next weeks game is...as i watched espn and nfln talk about all the other games ....over and over again...then briefly mentioning the broncos 3-0 start.
thay droned on about how manning is 3-0 without dungy and harrison...blah blah blah....
its amazing to me that so l;ittle is being made of a team that lost a probowl qb,hall of fame coach....flipped 30 guys on the roster etc...has a noodle arm qb....and is 3-0 !
oh and did i mention ....I LOVE IT ! i hope they dont say anything about the broncos being a pretty damn good team,i want to see these guys get better and better each week and fly under the radar.
the beautiful thing is ...if we win next week at home... we can play .500 football the rest of the year and finish 10-6.(my preseason prediction)
on the other hand looking at a couple games that looked like impossible wins (pats and steelers ) the broncos may even surprise me and go 11-5......dare i say 12-4.
i know we have started well every year,but this team IS going to get
better...where our previous teams seemed to regress as the year went on:defense::salute:

Shazam!
09-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Crow stew
Crow sausage
Crow filet
Crow meatballs
Sliced crow
Fried crow
Boiled crow
Broiled crow
BBQ crow
Crow stir fry
Crow steak
Crow salad
Crow feet
Crow wings
Crow breasts
Crow thighs
Crow kabobs

If the Broncos split the next 2, or roll Dallas and NE, which is not only extremely possible but likely, all doubts will be extinguished at 5-0.

T.K.O.
09-28-2009, 12:25 PM

well my friend ,if you are going to pick one thing to be wrong about.....you picked a great one.
glad to see you are having fun being a bronco fan again .we arent "out of the water" yet,but i am sticking with the 10-6 and div title(well documented) prediction.
no matter what the end of the season brings i think alot of 3-13....4-12 doomsdayers have to be feeling alot better about the offseason and the broncos chances at getting us back to the top !!!!!
oh and.....does crow "taste just like chicken"?

Tned
09-28-2009, 12:27 PM

Amen. Surrounded by Cowboy's fans, I really want to beat Dallas next week, besides the normal reason of just wanting the Broncos to rack up wins.

Tned
09-28-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm here for my crow. I thought about waiting to see how we play against better teams but that's not the point really. Regardless of how many W's/L's we get this year I love the direction McD is taking the team. I was so sick of the finese soft team. This team plays hard and smart that's nice to see around here for a change.

Dort I :salute: you for not waiting till the season gets super tough to have your chance to say I told you so.

Kaylore tried to warn everyone over and over to wait till the season started to see what direction the team was going. We are so lucky to have him. I also tried to share that I was seeing a "team" coming together at camp and was told that my orange colored glasses just blinded me.

McD did something so different this year at camp. He made the fans feel welcome and the players be accountable for everything good and bad. IMO it's starting to show in the games. It would have been so easy to overlook these first 3 games and but they didn't. They have been getting stronger with each game. Watching the game yesterday I could see how ticked McD was a each penalty and you know he's not happy with the red zone. So they will continue to address these problems and continue to gel as a team. Everything is still fairly new with almost everyone.

It was nice to hear the announcers yesterday praise McD and Orton. Which is something none of our local media did. My favorite line was "when did become a bad thing to be a good team manager" when talking about Orton. They also talked about how much time Orton put in studying McD's plays and I was even more impressed with him. In the post game interviews on Channel 4 the players all made it a point to say they didn't care what the media thought of them, just that they played for each other.

There is plenty of room on the Bronco wagon, because deep down we are all fans of this team we love. (olive branch extended)

While I think anyone that has read my posts knows that I have disagreed with a couple things McDaniels has done in the offseason, when the camp reports started coming in, I got pretty excited. The reports of the tackling and stripping drills - all the situational drills whether for offensive or defensive players - had me hoping this was going to be a very fundamentally sound team, which was not a hallmark of at least the last half of Shanahan's tenure.

While it's tough to be too optimistic when around 2/3 of your 80 man roster are new and 1/3 are rookies, I kept hoping McDaniels "we are going to win now, not down the road" attitude was for good reason, and not simply being cocky.

So far, so good.

Dortoh
09-28-2009, 12:32 PM
well my friend ,if you are going to pick one thing to be wrong about.....you picked a great one.
glad to see you are having fun being a bronco fan again .we arent "out of the water" yet,but i am sticking with the 10-6 and div title(well documented) prediction.
no matter what the end of the season brings i think alot of 3-13....4-12 doomsdayers have to be feeling alot better about the offseason and the broncos chances at getting us back to the top !!!!!
oh and.....does crow "taste just like chicken"?

I still think we are going to lose our share of games and think there is tons of room for improvement. What I do like is the team itself and the way McD has them playing. That in itself will keep us in alot of games this year.

I guess what I'm saying is the team is built from the inside out with football players. Guys who just want to play, win, and be a part of a TEAM.

shank
09-28-2009, 12:37 PM
I still think we are going to lose our share of games and think there is tons of room for improvement. What I do like is the team itself and the way McD has them playing. That in itself will keep us in alot of games this year.

I guess what I'm saying is the team is built from the inside out with football players. Guys who just want to play, win, and be a part of a TEAM.

i can't think of a player, besides brandon marshall, who doesn't fit that mold.

and just like dortoh, 3-0 seems to have brandon coming to his senses :beer:

broncofaninfla
09-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Must win games for me are San Diego......I LOATH San Diego.

pnbronco
09-28-2009, 12:44 PM
I'm not ready to start talking playoffs or winning record

This is still what gets me we could have been thinking SB with this Def.

Yard I do understand in how hard "could of" really is. I really don't want to want to start anything but what we will never know is would Cutler have put in the time to work with McD and believe in his system. My gut tells me no and that the locker room would have become really divided. So even though we would have been more gifted physically I don't know if we would be a better team all around and never will.

pnbronco
09-28-2009, 12:47 PM

Hey Dortoh just put your favorite sauce on it and make sure you take all the feathers off.....:D

Tned
09-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Yard I do understand in how hard "could of" really is. I really don't want to want to start anything but what we will never know is would Cutler have put in the time to work with McD and believe in his system. My gut tells me no and that the locker room would have become really divided. So even though we would have been more gifted physically I don't know if we would be a better team all around and never will.

If Orton and this group of Broncos keep winning, then the "what could have been" won't be an issue -- at least not short term.

Dortoh
09-28-2009, 12:55 PM
Lets keep Orton out of this thread......its supposed to be a positive thread ;)

Shazam!
09-28-2009, 01:15 PM
If Denver beats Dallas and NE... watch out.

Dreadnought
09-28-2009, 01:15 PM

QFT. I'd probably hate the Cowboys as much as I do the Raiders if we played them twice a year. As it is I will always remember Ron Dayne fondly if only for ripping up the Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day 2005.

There are too many Cowboy fans even up in the Northeast, so I can't imagine what its like in TX or AR. They and the Steelers lead the league in semi-educated semi-committed frontrunning bandwagon fans.

As for the Broncos, I am beyond delighted so far. The defense has been putting on a clinic - and before we fret over this being "only" the Faid and the Browns the past two weeks let me remind all that we needed Cutler's best comeback effort to beat those same Browns last Year and gave up 31 points to JaMarcus Russell and the Raiders last November. Holding Carson Palmer to 7 is no small accomplishment either. I'll hold back on that crow myself, because I remain unsold on Mr. Orton, and still view the Cutler trade as a mistake. In Orton's defense in the past two games he has been able to remain extremely cautious, and he very correctly was. Can he match a top notch QB in a shootout if needed, or rally us from a double digit deficit? Lead a two minute drill with no timeouts (or deflections)? That's what I want to see. How can he perform when he's outside his comfort zone? When the situation will simply not allow for a safe dink n' dunk approach?

T.K.O.
09-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Lets keep Orton out of this thread......its supposed to be a positive thread ;)

hey....hey wait a second,all orton has done is help his team win and get better every week....playing injured.you were being sarcastic....were'nt you?
and to the what if ....what if mare hadnt missed 3 fg yesterday.....the bears would be 1-2

MOtorboat
09-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Ouch my first mistake ever.

So, now you just claim the snuggie didn't happen? :confused:

P.S. Just like everything else...let's wait and see...good direction, but don't go train-hopping just yet.

Dean
09-28-2009, 01:26 PM
I expected the team to beat both the Browns and the Raiders but to lose against the Bengals. The six wins that I expected is only one game off track. I think that I will wait for a while before my serving of crow and hope that it is on its way.

TXBRONC
09-28-2009, 01:27 PM
QFT. I'd probably hate the Cowboys as much as I do the Raiders if we played them twice a year. As it is I will always remember Ron Dayne fondly if only for ripping up the Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day 2005.

There are too many Cowboy fans even up in the Northeast, so I can't imagine what its like in TX or AR. They and the Steelers lead the league in semi-educated semi-committed frontrunning bandwagon fans.

As for the Broncos, I am beyond delighted so far. The defense has been putting on a clinic - and before we fret over this being "only" the Faid and the Browns the past two weeks let me remind all that we needed Cutler's best comeback effort to beat those same Browns last Year and gave up 31 points to JaMarcus Russell and the Raiders last November. Holding Carson Palmer to 7 is no small accomplishment either. I'll hold back on that crow myself, because I remain unsold on Mr. Orton, and still view the Cutler trade as a mistake. In Orton's defense in the past two games he has been able to remain extremely cautious, and he very correctly was. Can he match a top notch QB in a shootout if needed, or rally us from a double digit deficit? Lead a two minute drill with no timeouts (or deflections)? That's what I want to see. How can he perform when he's outside his comfort zone? When the situation will simply not allow for a safe dink n' dunk approach?

I never had to listen much about the greatness of the Cowboys here in Odessa.

I agree with you about Orton when the game is on the line but hopefully we can avoid that scenario for at least one more week.

claymore
09-28-2009, 01:34 PM

I Hope Orton has a higher ceiling than Ive always thought. I like his attitude. He is just Soooooooooooooo Borrrrrrrrrrrrring.

Slick
09-28-2009, 01:36 PM
It shouldn't suck to eat crow when it seems you were wrong about your team. Sucking would be if you'd been right.

claymore
09-28-2009, 01:37 PM
It shouldn't suck to eat crow when it seems you were wrong about your team. Sucking would be if you'd been right.

Then its just a huge shit sandwhich that everyone has to share. Id much prefer crow. :D

MOtorboat
09-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Then its just a huge shit sandwhich that everyone has to share. Id much prefer crow. :D

Don't get me started with you.

:tsk:

Dortoh
09-28-2009, 01:45 PM
I fear I may have mislead some of you. To clear this up let me just say that Orton still sucks very much bad.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/6/5/run11128571463468730536.jpg

TXBRONC
09-28-2009, 01:50 PM

I'm allergic to shit sandwhiches, but I can handle some grilled crow. :D

Denver Native (Carol)
09-28-2009, 01:52 PM
I fear I may have mislead some of you. To clear this up let me just say that Orton still sucks very much bad.

Let's see - completed some nice passes yesterday, has thrown no interceptions yet, has not caused any turnovers ?????????????

Dortoh
09-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Let's see - completed some nice passes yesterday, has thrown no interceptions yet, has not caused any turnovers ?????????????

He is what he is a conservative qb that can manage the game. I dont see him doing well at all in a shoot out type game or a game where we get down early. As long as our defense continues to play lights out and Orton just has to be careful and direct the offense were gold but when he has to toss the ball all over the yard thats what I fear about Orton.

scott.475
09-28-2009, 02:00 PM
I want us to win, and I want us to be a great football team, but IMO, I just don't know how excited to get until we start beating really good teams. Cincy, Cleveland and Oakland are not exactly cream of the crop...Jamarcus Russel has less than 50% completion rate this year. I think we need to wait and see if we can really survive a shootout before I start to get really excited.

Still, 3-0! Woohoo!

MOtorboat
09-28-2009, 02:00 PM
He is what he is a conservative qb that can manage the game. I dont see him doing well at all in a shoot out type game or a game where we get down early. As long as our defense continues to play lights out and Orton just has to be careful and direct the offense were gold but when he has to toss the ball all over the yard thats what I fear about Orton.

Tell me which quarterback you'd rather have through three games:

49-88, 663 Yards, 7.53 Y/P, 3 TD, 0 INT, 91.2 Rating
62-99, 714 Yards, 7.21 Y/P, 3 TD, 2 INT, 86.0 Rating

Dortoh
09-28-2009, 02:02 PM

I'd rather have Brees but thats not an option so I'll cheer for Orton and hope for the best

claymore
09-28-2009, 02:03 PM

Tell me who those games were played against first.....

Slick
09-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Tell me who those games were played against first.....

NFL teams.

MOtorboat
09-28-2009, 02:08 PM
I'd rather have Brees but thats not an option so I'll cheer for Orton and hope for the best

It's a simple question...which stat line would you want?

Tned
09-28-2009, 02:09 PM

Purely based on stat line, the one that didn't throw INTs, but there is so much that goes into it. Did QB 2 have his defense and special teams giving up TDs like crazy, so he was throwing from behind, etc.

I don't think you can say "I want QB A" because of his stat line. At least that's the way I see it.

honz
09-28-2009, 02:11 PM

The second one because he throws it more. ;)

Dreadnought

Whichever one was able to bring his team back from a 13 point deficit for the win of course!

Slick
It's a simple question...which stat line would you want?

Don't bother Mo. All Clay needs is a beer, and he sees things more clearly. There's no hope for Hotrod. Don't waste your Monday trying to convince these two humps that the Broncos, with Orton at the helm, have been winning football games.

claymore
09-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Don't bother Mo. All Clay needs is a beer, and he sees things more clearly. There's no hope for Hotrod. Don't waste your Monday trying to convince these two humps that the Broncos, with Orton at the helm, have been winning football games.

Im a better person when I drink.

Tned
09-28-2009, 02:14 PM

Most of us are.

MOtorboat
09-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Whichever one was able to bring his team back from a 13 point deficit for the win of course!

What deficit :noidea:

Dean
09-28-2009, 02:23 PM

I see myself in a different light; I'm not sure it is a better light.:confused:

Bronco Warrior
09-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Its the danger of being outspoken like I am. Lucky for me this is my first and most likely last mistake in judgement.

What can I say my greatness speaks for itself :)

Ever heard the saying "Those that think they know it all are irritating those of us that do"? lmao! I was happy then pissed then mixed then all for Joshie formerly "The Boy Emperor" McDumbnuts! He has broke ranks with his MENTURD Bellicheat and has become his own man with his own attitude and way of doing things. I was mortified by the chance of us becoming "New England WEST". Happily this team has a new tougher identity that I think New England really never had even in their Glory Days (Yes those are over)
that is largely owed to "the Nolan Effect"..that guy is a straight up old school Defensive Gangster!!

Lonestar
09-28-2009, 02:57 PM

great post..

this may have been said before.. But i will say it again..

the naysayers should have waited till the games started for real..

now I said 5-11 this year and that was based on losing 2 of the first three..

I thought we would lose in CIN because they have a better team than appears.. I also thought we would lose in OAK only because we were playing AWAY and OAK seemed to be better than their record reflects.

I guess I just can't imagine a worse organization than that one is..

but the next 6-8 games could be brutal and we could very well only get 2-3 wins in that group.. But I have to say Josh has transformed this weak sister finesse team into a hit them in the gut solid team so far.. can they make it thru the EOS playing this way Not sure but so far they are taking no prisoners..

Although the D has played much better than I thought it would.. ST are heads above the last decades worth of coverage..

Offense is not where I thought it would be but still think there will be a hell of a O when everyone is just doing it without having to think what they are doing.. or supposed to be doing..

Is Orton the answer? not sure but so far it looks good..

Can he be another Brady type that comes up to be a damned fine QB? one that does not make mistakes and is solid in the second half..

Time will tell..

If we can get a huge NT 335 + that commands double teams or stuffs the center and guard into the QB next year in the off season all the better..

Lonestar
09-28-2009, 03:15 PM

everyone in town is either a cowgirl or raider (gang colors) fans at least until they inevitably crash and burn.. then well they crawl back under the baseboards till next off season..

when ever the cowgirls go to PHX to play the I-10 are littered with cowgirl crap..

Dreadnought
09-28-2009, 03:28 PM
I also thought we would lose in OAK only because we were playing AWAY and OAK seemed to be better than their record reflects.

I guess I just can't imagine a worse organization than that one is..

It almost beggars the imagination, doesn't it? yet we saw the proof yesterday

If we can get a huge NT 335 + that commands double teams or stuffs the center and guard into the QB next year in the off season all the better..

I'll tell you what - As it is I can't find any fault at all with Fields so far. Couldn't be happier with this guy - a great pick up.

...everyone in town is either a cowgirl or or raider (gang colors) fans...

Every town on Earth has it share of imbeciles and sadly an active criminal element. That explains those two groups.

Lonestar
09-28-2009, 03:38 PM
It almost beggars the imagination, doesn't it? yet we saw the proof yesterday

I'll tell you what - As it is I can't find any fault at all with Fields so far. Couldn't be happier with this guy - a great pick up.

Every town on Earth has it share of imbeciles and sadly an active criminal element. That explains those two groups.

well I have not seen the games but one so I can't really say field sis great of just filling a hole..

I still want a Raji type for NT some one big and strong that if you do not double him he is going to crush the pocket..

can fields hold up all year or is he just a superb backup?

would we even be better with a 335+ Not fat but 335 lbs plus of strength guy there?

I do not know..

Denver Native (Carol)
09-28-2009, 03:59 PM

Great post - There was a lot of praise for Orton last night on Arbys' All Access from Vic and Gary, and again this morning from John, Vic and Gary. Also, I thought it was interesting that yesterday, during the game, one of the announcers said that before the trade to Chicago was finalized, Coach McD studied every play that Orton had ever made.

pnbronco
09-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Great post - There was a lot of praise for Orton last night on Arbys' All Access from Vic and Gary, and again this morning from John, Vic and Gary. Also, I thought it was interesting that yesterday, during the game, one of the announcers said that before the trade to Chicago was finalized, Coach McD studied every play that Orton had ever made.

Interesting.....I was just trashed and was in bed by 9:00 last night.

What happened on The Fan? Different guys at different times.

weazel
09-28-2009, 11:03 PM
before we all start swapping spit in the shower, lets get back down to earth. This was 3 games in which we beat 2 pitiful teams and squeaked out a very, very, very lucky win with a pass that was underthrown, batted around, bounced into the hands of a guy that was johnny on the spot.

I love we beat the raiders, I love that we are 3-0 as I didnt think we wold be, and I love the look of the defense so far. BUT... the offense is looking pretty disheartening. I hope they can gel and get in sync with each other, because the rest of the schedule starts to look a little uglier. Although, not as ugly as we thought it would be before the season started!

Shazam!
09-28-2009, 11:30 PM
The difference is good teams beat the teams they're supposed to beat. In the last few years Denver got let down many times. Josh has these guys ready on Sunday and in position to win. Every game has improved on the last.

I'm sorry, I know I've been a McDaniels believer on day 1 and probably a homer as biased a Broncos fan as there is, but Dallas and even New England, who are not the same team and McDaniels knows quite well, are looking like very winnable games right now.

Dortoh
09-29-2009, 09:04 AM
before we all start swapping spit in the shower, lets get back down to earth. This was 3 games in which we beat 2 pitiful teams and squeaked out a very, very, very lucky win with a pass that was underthrown, batted around, bounced into the hands of a guy that was johnny on the spot.

I love we beat the raiders, I love that we are 3-0 as I didnt think we wold be, and I love the look of the defense so far. BUT... the offense is looking pretty disheartening. I hope they can gel and get in sync with each other, because the rest of the schedule starts to look a little uglier. Although, not as ugly as we thought it would be before the season started!

Agree but like I said IMO its not really about the w's/l's this season its more about the long term forcast which I like alot.

"start swapping spit in the shower" :laugh:

T.K.O.
09-29-2009, 11:56 AM

well he may not be jamarcus russell.....wait.....
well he may not make 61 million do......wait.....
well he may not have thrown 5 picks yet......wait
whats wrong with kyle again?:confused:

Dortoh
09-29-2009, 12:00 PM
well he may not be jamarcus russell.....wait.....
well he may not make 61 million do......wait.....
well he may not have thrown 5 picks yet......wait
whats wrong with kyle again?:confused:

We have not been in a game yet where he has to throw the rock all over the field and IMO he cant so until he proves me wrong and shows he can win shoot out games thru the air I say we have what we have in Orton.

You know our Defense as great as they are playing is not going to hold every team to 3-10 pts a week right.

crush17
09-29-2009, 05:09 PM
you should show your face over at Orangemane and say the same things Hotrod.

I agree with Kaylore, the ONLY smart way to approach this coaching change and everything that came with it was a wait and see attitude.

Regardless, welcome aboard, there's plenty of room.

:cool:

Tned
09-29-2009, 08:03 PM
you should show your face over at Orangemane and say the same things Hotrod.

I agree with Kaylore, the ONLY smart way to approach this coaching change and everything that came with it was a wait and see attitude.

Regardless, welcome aboard, there's plenty of room.

:cool:

Welcome to BF, Crush.

Tempus Fugit
09-29-2009, 11:58 PM
This is the point in the schedule where the losses begin. Denver may conceivably catch a major break against Dallas, if both Jones and Barber can't go. However, assuming relative health, Denver will have less talent on the field than their opponent in the next 8 games.

T.K.O.
09-30-2009, 02:57 PM
This is the point in the schedule where the losses begin. Denver may conceivably catch a major break against Dallas, if both Jones and Barber can't go. However, assuming relative health, Denver will have less talent on the field than their opponent in the next 8 games.

i'll take a solid "TEAM" effort over more "talented " players any day !
and i think we have shut down some pretty "talented" rb's already i aint ascared of no cowboys.

and no this isnt where "the losses begin" this is where the schedule gets tougher and we still have a 50/50 chance in each of our upcoming games. that means this is where the fans need to back the team
GO BRONCOS!....im thinkin 5-0 then we probably lose one to s.d. and then go on another surprising streak !:elefant::defense::salute:

Dortoh
10-01-2009, 03:15 PM
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5967/mcdanielsservescrow.gif

MOtorboat
10-01-2009, 03:18 PM
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5967/mcdanielsservescrow.gif

That is a terrible photoshop job.

Terrible.

;)

:elefant:

crush17
10-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Much better photoshop ;)

T.K.O.
10-01-2009, 05:56 PM
That is a terrible photoshop job.

Terrible.

;)

:elefant:

thats what makes it so awesome....i think its hilarious:laugh:

horsepig
10-01-2009, 08:57 PM

It's actually fun to watch'em play again!