PDA

View Full Version : Damage assessment being reported -- how much the Broncos dominated Oakland (and first three weeks in total)

Tned
09-28-2009, 10:45 AM
Oakland came in with the reputation of having a good defense, including a big defensive line, which could give Denver fits in pass protection and the running game.

How did Denver's line and offense hold up?

In the Raiders' first two games:

SD and KC combined for 216 yards rushing
SD and KC gave up 5 sacks combined to Oakland

Broncos had 216 yards rushing against Oakland
Broncos gave up 0 sacks to Oakland.

Further, the Broncos held Bush and McFadden to 23 yards total.

Now, a bit more on the game and season start per the tweets below:

Oakland ran only 8 plays in Denver territory for a total of 19 yards and Jamarcus Russel was sacked (3 times) more times than he had passing yards (1) in the second half.

The Broncos are tied for third in the last 43 years to start the season giving up only 16 points in the first three games (best by any Broncos' team).

@psmyth12 The 16 pts. allowed by the Broncos tie for the 3rd-fewest allowed by an NFL team through its first three games in the Super Bowl era ('66).

@broncos_sacco Oakland ran eight plays in Denver territory for 19 yards. Great Bronco defensive effort; 16 pts allowed in three 1st games is Bronco best.

@Adam_Schefter Close your eyes, Raider Nation. JaMarucs Russell was sacked more times in the second half yesterday (3) than he had passing yards (1).

@psmyth12 @BroncosForums : ('01 G.B - 13), ('04 Sea. - 13), ('09 Den. -16), ('80 Phi. 16), ('05 Ind. - 16).

WARHORSE
09-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Ah the unsung heroes.

Our young.........talented.......awesome........offens ive line.

Lead by none other than the Seymour stompin LT:

RYAN "THE PREDATOR" CLADY

TXBRONC
09-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Hey does anyone know what to Harris? Because late in the 4th quarter Polumbus replaced him.

GEM
09-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Hey does anyone know what to Harris? Because late in the 4th quarter Polumbus replaced him.

We were wondering the same thing as we watched.

Tned
09-28-2009, 12:20 PM

Frank Schwab or Denver Post tweeted during the game that it was a shoulder injury (errr, upper extremity injury), but I haven't heard anything more.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Hopefully it isn't too serious. Harris is a good player.

TXBRONC
09-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Frank Schwab or Denver Post tweeted during the game that it was a shoulder injury (errr, upper extremity injury), but I haven't heard anything more.

Nuts, I hope it's not serious.

silkamilkamonico
09-28-2009, 12:45 PM
I don't think it is serious. Denver was controlling the game and trying to get it done with, and probably didn't want to risk further injury to an important piece of the oline.