PDA

View Full Version : The official 2009-2010 NHL Thread for the 8 fans Here LOL

Pages : [1] 2

Medford Bronco
09-28-2009, 09:49 AM
This is one of my favorite weeks coming up.

My Canes open vs Philly and then at Boston. Tough games to start the year.

I am looking for a 95-99 pt season and another playoff berth. The Canes have a good mix and have added some size.

Good luck to the Avs and fellow Medford MA coach Joe Sacco. (he is a class act really)

and good luck to the Pens for ECF and Dream (or whatever his name is)
and the Dallas Stars for Coach Chaz :salute:

As long as the Wings or the Slugs dont win its all right by me:salute:

Thnikkaman
09-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Go Avs. This should be a rebuilding season, but I'll root for them even if they go winless.

Medford Bronco
09-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Go Avs. This should be a rebuilding season, but I'll root for them even if they go winless.

lol nobody is going winless:lol:

The worst team I remember is the 74-75 Captials who won only 8 games
and the original Senators expansion team in 92-93 who went like 11-68-14. ouch:lol:

Thnikkaman
09-28-2009, 10:24 AM
lol nobody is going winless:lol:

The worst team I remember is the 74-75 Captials who won only 8 games
and the original Senators expansion team in 92-93 who went like 11-68-14. ouch:lol:

I know, I just don't have any expectations for this season.

underrated29
09-28-2009, 11:55 AM
I cant wait to see Matty Ice. He should make the roster this year. I would really love to see him and stats and duke on a line.....but it might not work out.

We need a goalie. And more firepower on O. It is a full rebuild, no doubt about it. But watching the birth of a star can be just as exciting as when it explodes. Hopefully, it doesnt take to long for us to get back to real competative.

East Coast Fan
09-29-2009, 06:50 PM
I know that it is just preseason, but there is a little voice inside my head whispering "we aren't as good as last season". I am getting this from what I have seen from the preseason games; new players trying to replace the veterans that left. But, we shall see; perhaps I am wrong. We'll see when it counts, but we are struggling right now. Time will tell....

BroncoAV06
10-01-2009, 06:20 PM
On a side note anyone want to play some fantasy hockey? 4 people so far, most likely auto pick so no worries about live draft times.

Thnikkaman
10-01-2009, 11:09 PM
I'll do Fantasy Hockey.

Also, how delightful it is to log onto the NHL site and see that Colorado is up 5-2 against San Jose.

East Coast Fan
10-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Got to see the Pens hoist the Stanley Cup banner last night, then beat a Rangers team that actually played pretty good. I said to my wife "it's strange, but it is taking me awhile to get into it again", but I think it's because they are just starting again, and it seems like they just ended a few weeks ago! And she said "I think it's because the announcers are so boring and monotone" which they were-the Pens announcers Bob Errey and Paul Steigerwald weren't very entertaining; I had read that on the Pens website many times but never got to hear them until now. Anyway, they pulled off a win. I was pretty impressed with defenseman Jay McKee whom they got from Buffalo; he was solid. A few new guys sprinkled in here and there, and most of them have playoff and Cup experience, which is a testament to GM Ray Shero, who is doing an outstanding job.

And I saw the Flyers get lucky and beat Med's Canes which made me nuts; did you all know that the Flyers are going to the Stanley Cup this year? If you lived around here, that's all that you hear about, as usual. I hope we beat their brains in AGAIN!!!! :D

"LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS" :elefant:

SR
10-03-2009, 04:20 PM
I cant wait to see Matty Ice. He should make the roster this year. I would really love to see him and stats and duke on a line.....but it might not work out.

We need a goalie. And more firepower on O. It is a full rebuild, no doubt about it. But watching the birth of a star can be just as exciting as when it explodes. Hopefully, it doesnt take to long for us to get back to real competative.

Matty D and Stats are both centers...

Requiem / The Dagda
10-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Pens do it again in a shootout! Another great way to kick-off (sorta) the season. GO PENS!!!!

Medford Bronco
10-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Ugly start for my Canes :tsk:

underrated29
10-04-2009, 10:00 AM
sorry Med. That sucks.

But the avs are looking pretty good. I am impressed.

And Wolskie is tearing it up. Good for him.

underrated29
10-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Dang...

I was watching the game we are up 2-1. Come back from giving Noah a bath and we are down 3-2.

Oh well. Anderson looked good and Matt is really coming along. The guy has some wheels and balance. This kid, man, i am soooo excited to see him blossom.

East Coast Fan
10-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Well except for the one loss the Pens are really looking good; the new guys are blending in just fine. They haven't missed much with the loss of Gill and Scuderi, as McKee and Goligoski are filling in very admirably so far.

And we beat the Flyers AGAIN so I like that!! :D

"LET'S GO PENS"

Medford Bronco
10-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Well except for the one loss the Pens are really looking good; the new guys are blending in just fine. They haven't missed much with the loss of Gill and Scuderi, as McKee and Goligoski are filling in very admirably so far.

And we beat the Flyers AGAIN so I like that!! :D

"LET'S GO PENS"

Good luck for all games, except for tomorrow night:lol:;)

frauschieze
10-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Whoa Med....when did there get to be eight NHL fans here? You're almost to double your original number! :lol:

Take care of yourself, my favorite chooch!

East Coast Fan
10-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Good luck for all games, except for tomorrow night:lol:;)

How about we settle for a tie? Oh, wait......:D

Medford Bronco
10-13-2009, 03:22 PM
How about we settle for a tie? Oh, wait......:D

Pre 2004 you could have a tie:lol:

East Coast Fan
10-15-2009, 07:43 AM
Well we almost got that tie after all! Pens dominated early, then Canes came back. It was anybody's game to win in that shootout...

Medford Bronco
10-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Well we almost got that tie after all! Pens dominated early, then Canes came back. It was anybody's game to win in that shootout...

Congrats ECF. The Pens are awesome and have a great chance to win it all again. I just hope the Canes make the playoffs. BTW What a save by Ward on Guerin

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mw7_WWyrZwY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mw7_WWyrZwY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

and to reminice
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Muol4-oEFnc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Muol4-oEFnc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

btw I hate the shootout:lol:

Lets have a HR derby if the Dodgers game is tied tonight after 12 innnings:lol:

East Coast Fan
10-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Congrats ECF. The Pens are awesome and have a great chance to win it all again. I just hope the Canes make the playoffs. BTW What a save by Ward on Guerin

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mw7_WWyrZwY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mw7_WWyrZwY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

and to reminice
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Muol4-oEFnc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Muol4-oEFnc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

btw I hate the shootout:lol:

Lets have a HR derby if the Dodgers game is tied tonight after 12 innnings:lol:

That save was OUTSTANDING! If that went in the game would've been over and no overtime. Huge save....:salute:

Medford Bronco
10-19-2009, 04:49 PM
My Canes cant score :tsk:

I know its early but they look like crap so far.

underrated29
10-19-2009, 04:57 PM
I havent been able to watch a single cane game this year med. Sucks to hear them not playing very well right now. Still its early. Things can change.

I am still riding the high from coming back and beating detroit. Cool thing is we face them again in 5 or so games. Home Game!

Medford Bronco
10-20-2009, 12:09 AM
I havent been able to watch a single cane game this year med. Sucks to hear them not playing very well right now. Still its early. Things can change.

I am still riding the high from coming back and beating detroit. Cool thing is we face them again in 5 or so games. Home Game!

You can see them on the streaming video at times if you are interested.

I can try to get you some links?

pnbronco
10-21-2009, 10:13 AM
So Friday our day hu Med? Just glad I'm home so I can enjoy the game.

I'm also super happy for the baby Matt and his first goal.

underrated29
10-21-2009, 10:17 AM
You can see them on the streaming video at times if you are interested.

I can try to get you some links?

Yeah, but dont do it until next week if you can. I have noah this week and he wont let me have time to watch a hockey game on my comp.

--

We got the wild tonight. Last place wild that is. 1-6, we are 6-1-1. They always play us tough and always a low scoring game. Lets bring the energy and keep them on their heels.

BroncoAV06
10-21-2009, 10:29 PM
See your boys Friday Med.

Medford Bronco
10-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Your AVs are much better than my Canes that Cant score :(

Medford Bronco
10-24-2009, 09:44 PM
Another aggravating OT loss for my Canes

at least Ward has been awesome or the Canes would be winless this year:tsk:

Medford Bronco
10-29-2009, 09:02 AM
My Canes Suck this year so far :(

underrated29
10-29-2009, 10:33 AM
sad to see. Sad to hear.

Sorry Med.

But hey- maybe they will do like the avs- SUCK hardcore last year- get a few solid draft picks that make the roster and then have the best record in the NHL the next year...........even though we are only like 15 games in.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-29-2009, 02:58 PM

We will share the Avs with you:salute:

pnbronco
10-29-2009, 08:52 PM

Carol's right you are always welcome here with us and still keep the Canes in your heart. Hey it's still early you never know.

Medford Bronco
10-30-2009, 12:32 PM
I will root for the Avs because of Joe Sacco. A class act all the way.

The only time I will not root for Colorado is vs Carolina and vs Chicago.

Medford Bronco
10-31-2009, 03:18 PM
My Team is a train wreck. :( Glad oct is over. I hpe they at least show some signs of life.
Michael Leighton sucks. Medford High has a better goalie than that bum. he cant control a rebound to save his life.

IT will be only the Hawks and Bruins this year for me and the Avs for you guys
and anybody but Det lol

Medford Bronco
11-01-2009, 05:08 PM
My Canes suck.

What a horrid day of sports for me.
Denver blowout and Canes blowout. I want to puke now. :(

BroncoAV06
11-01-2009, 05:20 PM
My Canes suck.

What a horrid day of sports for me.
Denver blowout and Canes blowout. I want to puke now. :(

Have the Nuggets and Avs left myself. See if they can salvage the day.

Why does it have to hurt so much?

Medford Bronco
11-04-2009, 09:57 PM
I hate hockey this year:tsk:

a 10 game losing streak. even in Hartford this did not happen:mad::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

Medford Bronco
11-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Tonight the two worst teams in the East face of in Raleigh.

If the Canes lose tonight to an equally bad Leafs team I will be very pissed off.
The comback to respectablity starts tonight baby.

Go Zach Boychuck :salute:

Medford Bronco
11-06-2009, 10:17 PM
hockey sucks.

The Canes are the 1975 Caps now.

Is there a great player to help out for the #1 pick.

so sad

Fire Maurice that bum

Medford Bronco
11-08-2009, 09:05 AM
:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk: :tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::
tsk:Each game that goes by makes me feel that the Canes are the 75 Caps

East Coast Fan
11-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Howdy all....sorry that I haven't "chimed in" lately, as I've been busy with our U-12 Soccer team; we have our last game of the season next Saturday and it is a battle for first place as both teams are 4-2-1, so it should be wild! It's been a great season; I am truly fortunate to be around to experience the great season that we've had the last 3 months.

Now for hockey...my Pens are banged-up and showing some signs of "slippage", but I'm not too worried; they'll bounce back when Malkin comes back. Gonchar is the guy that worries me; the poor guy keeps getting these injuries which HAS to be driving him nuts. But he'll be back (hopefully) from that broken wrist fairly soon.

You Avs fans must be lovin' life right now, eh? Man, they are on top of the world right now; they must be feeding off of the Broncos good play! :D

And I feel for my poor friend Med and his Canes-I can just read it in his posts the dejection and can only say "hang in there big guy". The offer was extended for you to join the Avs bandwagon, and there is a seat right next to me on my Pens wagon if you want it. It IS very disheartening when your favorite team is doing poorly, as we have known with the Broncos over the years. Maybe I can send my coaching resume in from soccer, and if they hire me to coach the Canes I'll name you assistant coach, how about that? :lol:

Take care all...stay well! :salute:

"LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO FROGS" (our soccer team!)

MileHighCrew
11-08-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm a Canucks fan, sorry Avs fans, so here to to another year of under performing and disappointment. :tsk: It is similar to being a Buffalo Bills fan I guess

SR
11-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Looks like the Rangers are interested in Forsberg

RDS reported yesterday that Peter Forsberg had already signed with a KHL club, but it appears nothing is finalized and that NHL teams are still looking to sign him.

Ranger GM Glen Sather told the New York Post, "Yes, we have interest in Forsberg. From the reports we've been getting, the foot is much better than it was a year ago."

Though Sather feels the foot is well, Forsberg said the foot is hardly 100 percent. He told the ,a href="http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/07/european-puck-forsberg-blanked-again-says-his-play-is-better/" target=new>New York Times, "I did not play at this level for a long time. It goes a bit faster than I'm used to out there, and I had a bit of trouble with the puck all the time."

Still, Puck Prospectus writes that, if any team will take a chance on Forsberg, it would be the Rangers. They are the "dice-tossing team of the year."

But the Globe and Mail reports that the Canucks are also looking at Foppa, GM Mike Gillis confirmed. They have six people catching Forsberg in Sweden.

The link in the article is screwed up on ESPN, so I dunno how to make that go away.

pnbronco
11-08-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm a Canucks fan, sorry Avs fans, so here to to another year of under performing and disappointment. :tsk: It is similar to being a Buffalo Bills fan I guess

No problems here, welcome to the Hockey Board, we do enjoy hockey and our teams...:welcome:

Medford Bronco
11-08-2009, 08:37 PM
#1 pick here we come :tsk: and Michael Leighton cant stop a beachball. This sucks royally. Go Blackhawks my 2nd fav and Bruins as well. and Pitt for ECF and the Avs for the great fans here

Hurricanes G Ward to spend extra night in hospital
3 hours, 21 minutes ago

Buzz up! 7 PrintRALEIGH, N.C. (AP)—Hurricanes goalie Cam Ward(notes) remained in an Ohio hospital after his leg was cut by a skate, and general manager Jim Rutherford says he could miss up to four weeks.

Ward was expected to remain in Columbus, Ohio, through Sunday and return to Raleigh on Monday for further evaluation by the team’s head orthopedic doctor.

Ward didn’t fly home after the Hurricanes’ 3-2 loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday night because of concerns about the stress of the flight on his injury.

He stretched to make a save while Blue Jackets forward Rick Nash(notes) skated through the crease in the first period, and it appeared Nash or a defenseman nicked Ward in the leg with a skate.

3 hours, 21 minutes ago

MileHighCrew
11-09-2009, 10:14 AM
I play in a hockey pool that has been running for 9 years now. I will forward an open invite to it next year. Warning it is very pro Canadian teams as it is full of Canadian military members. except the guy who runs it is a philly fan

pnbronco
11-09-2009, 10:26 AM
#1 pick here we come :tsk: and Michael Leighton cant stop a beachball. This sucks royally. Go Blackhawks my 2nd fav and Bruins as well. and Pitt for ECF and the Avs for the great fans here

3 hours, 21 minutes ago

Buzz up! 7 PrintRALEIGH, N.C. (AP)—Hurricanes goalie Cam Ward(notes) remained in an Ohio hospital after his leg was cut by a skate, and general manager Jim Rutherford says he could miss up to four weeks.

Ward was expected to remain in Columbus, Ohio, through Sunday and return to Raleigh on Monday for further evaluation by the team’s head orthopedic doctor.

Ward didn’t fly home after the Hurricanes’ 3-2 loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday night because of concerns about the stress of the flight on his injury.

He stretched to make a save while Blue Jackets forward Rick Nash(notes) skated through the crease in the first period, and it appeared Nash or a defenseman nicked Ward in the leg with a skate.

3 hours, 21 minutes ago

Sorry Med, man 4 weeks is tough but I hope Cam will be OK.

At least you have Center Ice so you can watch your other favorite teams, hang in there buddy.

MileHighCrew
11-09-2009, 10:29 AM
On a bright note you are the FIRST passionate Hurricanes fan I have ever come accross. I know a few passionate Whalers fans still but no Hurricane fans. That is very cool

Medford Bronco
11-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Sorry Med, man 4 weeks is tough but I hope Cam will be OK.

At least you have Center Ice so you can watch your other favorite teams, hang in there buddy.

AT least they signed an NHL goalie to fill in today

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP)—The Carolina Hurricanes are turning to veteran goalie Manny Legace(notes) to help replace the injured Cam Ward(notes).

The Hurricanes on Monday signed Legace to a one-year contract that will pay him $500,000 at the NHL level or $105,000 if he is sent to the minors.

The 36-year-old has a career NHL record of 177-92-36 and was 2-2 with a 3.21 goals-against average this season with the AHL’s Chicago Wolves

Carolina was searching for help in net because Ward will be out for up to four weeks. The 2006 Conn Smythe Trophy winner’s leg was cut by a skate Saturday night in Columbus during the Hurricanes’ club-record 12th straight loss.

Updated

Medford Bronco
11-11-2009, 08:58 AM
On a bright note you are the FIRST passionate Hurricanes fan I have ever come accross. I know a few passionate Whalers fans still but no Hurricane fans. That is very cool

Thanks but I am a former Whaler fan so that is where it comes from:D

Medford Bronco
11-12-2009, 09:33 AM
I hate hockey now :tsk:

13 straight losses. The Canes are the 75 caps and 92 Senators. (puke)

East Coast Fan
11-13-2009, 11:25 AM
OUCH...watching my Penguins is like watching Superman when he's around Kryptonite...they have NOTHING, no strength, nothing. They are really in desperate need of getting the big names back that are hurt:

Malkin
Gonchar
Letang
Kennedy
Talbot
Orpik

At least the young guys are getting experience, but we HAVE to get healthy soon!

Medford Bronco
11-13-2009, 11:35 AM
OUCH...watching my Penguins is like watching Superman when he's around Kryptonite...they have NOTHING, no strength, nothing. They are really in desperate need of getting the big names back that are hurt:

Malkin
Gonchar
Letang
Kennedy
Talbot
Orpik

At least the young guys are getting experience, but we HAVE to get healthy soon!

lol just look at my Canes ECF

Staal out and Ward out and they look like the Pens the year before Mario was drafted. I hope there is a Mario type player for the Canes to draft as this year looks lost:tsk:

East Coast Fan
11-13-2009, 02:40 PM
lol just look at my Canes ECF

Staal out and Ward out and they look like the Pens the year before Mario was drafted. I hope there is a Mario type player for the Canes to draft as this year looks lost:tsk:

Yeah, you're not having the best of times, are you? And our Broncos are looking like they could fade away...or more likely, beat some teams, make the playoffs but be proved that we aren't in the "upper echelon" of teams-not yet, anyway.

But I could be wrong....;)

Medford Bronco
11-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Yeah, you're not having the best of times, are you? And our Broncos are looking like they could fade away...or more likely, beat some teams, make the playoffs but be proved that we aren't in the "upper echelon" of teams-not yet, anyway.

But I could be wrong....;)

Well at least baby Jay has more picks in one game than Orton has all year :whistle:

East Coast Fan
11-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Well at least baby Jay has more picks in one game than Orton has all year :whistle:

Who would have thought or believed that, right? Wow....

Medford Bronco
11-15-2009, 04:36 PM
At least the Canes won today :lol: :beer:

MileHighCrew
11-16-2009, 06:22 PM
Congrats Medford. Long wait.

Medford Bronco
11-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Congrats Medford. Long wait.

Thanks now bring back Petri Skriko and those old Canuck unis
also Tony Tanti:beer:

Richard Brodeur :Dhttp://gfhl.net/Images/Canucks/Brodeur.jpg

Medford Bronco
11-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Finally some good games for med

Canes 2-0-2 last 4

down 3-0 and not giving up tonight.
Winning 6-5 in a shootout.

at least they are not quitting. Good for them, showing pride
with Ward and Staal not playing and Ward was put on long term IR today

Biz1
11-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Sorry, couldn't help myself...love this ad!

_nIRoEOGYKM

East Coast Fan
11-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Well my Pens are finally getting bodies back into the lineup and playing like they are used to. Still have several guys out, but the main guys are relatively healthy so we're good to go.

And we upgraded to a better cable system (box) and I discovered that I can get tons of games and ALL of the Pens games!!!! YEE HAA!!!

My wife is thrilled!! :D

"LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS" :elefant: :cheer2::balloons:

Medford Bronco
11-27-2009, 12:34 AM
Hockey still sucks for Med. :lol:
Canes are putrid away from the RBC Center.

East Coast Fan
11-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Hockey still sucks for Med. :lol:
Canes are putrid away from the RBC Center.

"PRESS THAT RED BUTTON MED-OR EAT HAM" Your choice or both!!! :D

I hope things turn around for you soon...:salute:

Medford Bronco
11-28-2009, 11:08 AM
A 4-1 blown lead. :mad:

The Canes I hope get the #1 pick as they need it. They are just a bad bad team

also no Cam Ward hurts bad

Medford Bronco
11-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Canes are sad.

Is there another Crosby/malkin or even a Matt Duschene coming up I hope?

East Coast Fan
12-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Canes are sad.

Is there another Crosby/malkin or even a Matt Duschene coming up I hope?

Sorry that you have to "endure" this Med...the offer is always open to join me on the Pens bandwagon; I can't believe that this team was just a whisker away from going under or moving just a few short years ago (and before that). When I was watching them last night, I realized something; watching them now is like watching the 1999 Broncos-you just know that they will win the game. They were losing to the Rangers, then were tied, and I thought "they'll find a way to win" and they did. I'm enjoying it now, because it's not always gonna be like this...

Medford Bronco
12-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Sorry that you have to "endure" this Med...the offer is always open to join me on the Pens bandwagon; I can't believe that this team was just a whisker away from going under or moving just a few short years ago (and before that). When I was watching them last night, I realized something; watching them now is like watching the 1999 Broncos-you just know that they will win the game. They were losing to the Rangers, then were tied, and I thought "they'll find a way to win" and they did. I'm enjoying it now, because it's not always gonna be like this...

I will root for the Pens over most in the East. Maybe if they play Boston I root for Boston but most likely I would watch and enjoy.

Out West only Chicago is someone I like a bit better, if you ever played the Wings again I would be on your side as usual.

now does Crosby or Malkin have a brother for the Canes :lol:

East Coast Fan
12-01-2009, 01:59 PM
now does Crosby or Malkin have a brother for the Canes :lol:

I don't know, but Mario's son Austin is getting older...he must be closing in on 9 now so it won't be long! :lol:

pnbronco
12-02-2009, 12:36 PM
By Tim Panaccio
CSNPhilly.com

November 28, 2009 - ATLANTA - Ian Laperriere has come home before looking bloodied and banged up.

But never looking as bad as he did Saturday afternoon, when he let his wife and two sons see him on his iPhone from Atlanta, where the Flyers are playing the Thrashers.

Laperriere lost 7 teeth in all, he said, after being struck in the mouth with a shot (close to 30 feet) from Buffalo's Jason Pominville late in the first period of a 4-2 loss on Black Friday.

"She's seen bad stuff on my face but not … I've been with her 20 years," Mumbles said of his wife. "She's seen every scar I got. For my sons today, we had the iChat so we could talk together. See each other, too.

"My oldest one was kinda shocked. My youngest thought it was funny. I got a boo-boo. He's 5-years-old. The 7-year-old knew something was wrong with daddy. He understands more."

Incredibly, Laperriere returned to the Buffalo game in the third period. He took between 50-100 stitches to the top, bottom and inside of his lips, and leading to the bridge of his nose.

Laperriere does not wear a shield, but that would not have prevented him getting hit in the mouth during that Sabres' power play.

"I'm playing tonight," Laperriere said before the Thrashers game, admitting he is not going to use a painkiller because it would dope him up. He is taking antibiotics to ward off infection and will wear a full cage until it heals.

He blames himself for the injury, which happened between the circles.

"It's my fault," he said. "The worst thing about the incident is that I am mad at myself. I shouldn't go down like that. I didn't know it was [high shot]. If it was closer [to the ice], that's fine. I take pride in blocking shots sometimes, but that's stupid."

As for the stitch total, he said the medical team stopped counting after 50.

"It was nasty," he said, adding he lost two fake teeth and four actual teeth. "I block shots every game, but that one, my timing was off. I thought [the shot] was lower."

He said had he been closer to Pominville, the shot would not have risen as much.

Although he said he didn't feel any pain Friday night because the wound was "frozen," Laperriere said he was in considerable pain all of Saturday.

The medical staff said he could not play unless he ate. So, Laperriere ate some salmon.

"Chicken is harder," he said.

Flyers coach John Stevens was impressed with Laperriere's fortitude.

"It's unbelievable," he said. "It's the first time I've seen players concerned about a guy coming back to play. Usually, everyone wants guys to come back and play. Lappy, there was no question is his mind he was going to come back and play. You can just tell. It kills him when he can't help his team ... It's a clear indication of the character and will he has to play the game."

E-mail Tim Panaccio at tpanotch@comcast.net

I'm not sure if anyone else knew this happened to Lappy. What a guy, he is one player I will always miss so much. Here's wishing you a speedy and full recovery Lappy....:beer: (please take care of yourself)

East Coast Fan
12-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Hey Med what's the big idea, coming in here and beating my Pens?!!!

Congrats to you on a big win! :lol:

pnbronco
12-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Woo Hoo Med a good weekend/Monday for you....:balloons:

Medford Bronco
12-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Hey Med what's the big idea, coming in here and beating my Pens?!!!

Congrats to you on a big win! :lol:

It was fluke and needed:lol:

btw the Canes are at NJ tonight with Brodeur trying for the shutout record. Please dont allow it vs them. Go Canes

also did you hear Peter Laviolette is the coach of the dirty Flyers now. I cant hate them as much becuase I love Lavi. He was a huge reason for the 06 Canes winning. I am sure they will not be as dirty under him. Good luck to him as he is a class act and good coach:beer:

That team needs to change from chippy to a more speedy forechecking team to run Lavis system or it will be trouble for awhile.

Biz1
12-09-2009, 09:00 PM
As the NFL becomes more watered down, and continues to become what we all know is touch football there is one sport that remains true to its' foundational roots. A professional sport that remains intact...otherwise known as the NHL:

mIrK8VgaLus&feature

Hop on board football fans!.

Medford Bronco
12-09-2009, 11:02 PM
As the NFL becomes more watered down, and continues to become what we all know is touch football there is one sport that remains true to its' foundational roots. A professional sport that remains intact...otherwise known as the NHL:

mIrK8VgaLus&feature

Hop on board football fans!.

I just saw the Hawks winning in OT.

Great job:salute:

at least my Canes did not allow Marty to break the record vs them. lol
they suck this year. what a disappointment. Some injuries but just sucky hockey

Biz1
12-09-2009, 11:30 PM
I just saw the Hawks winning in OT.

Great job:salute:

at least my Canes did not allow Marty to break the record vs them. lol
they suck this year. what a disappointment. Some injuries but just sucky hockey

Yep, I would have expected better from Carolina this year. Your off-season last year didn't do anything to beef up from what I can tell?.

It looks like they are standing pat on previous talent??...if that's the case they need to get with the FA program and bring in some guys to contribute.

Best wishes for the remainder of the season,

Biz

Medford Bronco
12-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Yep, I would have expected better from Carolina this year. Your off-season last year didn't do anything to beef up from what I can tell?.

It looks like they are standing pat on previous talent??...if that's the case they need to get with the FA program and bring in some guys to contribute.

Best wishes for the remainder of the season,

Biz

Agreed but the problem with being in a small market is they cant afford anyone good. They cant overspend for a Hossa or a Marion Gaborik

I think the injuries hurt too. Ward and Staal both missed a bunch of games.
Maurice is too conservative as a coach.

Glad Brendan Sutter is getting a chance. He has more talent than I though.

Good luck to the hawks as well. I enjoyed that game last night as I have the hockey package. nice win in OT:beer:

I hope they come out of the West. They are just as good as anyone out WEst.. I will enjoy. Go Hawks. Best Uni in hockey is the Red home Blackhawk one.

Biz1
12-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Agreed but the problem with being in a small market is they cant afford anyone good. They cant overspend for a Hossa or a Marion Gaborik

I think the injuries hurt too. Ward and Staal both missed a bunch of games.
Maurice is too conservative as a coach.

Glad Brendan Sutter is getting a chance. He has more talent than I though.

Good luck to the hawks as well. I enjoyed that game last night as I have the hockey package. nice win in OT:beer:

I hope they come out of the West. They are just as good as anyone out WEst.. I will enjoy. Go Hawks. Best Uni in hockey is the Red home Blackhawk one.

I thought about the small market aspect this morning, yet the Panthers have found a way to stay fairly competitive in the same geographic area. But I do see your point, it's a similar situation as let's say the Milwaukee Brewers or the Toronto Blue Jays competing in their respective sports divisions. Plus the NHL just isn't as popular down South...yet.

pnbronco
12-11-2009, 12:24 AM
Hey Med, I talked to Coach S today. He is really a nice guy. I told him about you and he asked your name, I hope I remembered it correctly. Anyway he said he was going to try remember it and ask his brother. Had a good time today, our young ones are pretty special guys.....:D

BroncoAV06
12-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Ah snap folks, going to e in the Pepsi Center next Saturday night when the Avs take on the BLueJackets! I am so excited for my trip to Denver!

Hopeing to catch the replay of tonights Avs game TB when I get off work. Hard loss to the Wild earlier in the week, all division games are a battle and the Avs schedule is alot nicer to them the second half so they need to get points within the division and hold home ice!

As for the NHL as a whole alwways try to catch NHL on the Fly at nigts, a little behind on my overall knowledge this season as my nights as of late have been full of call of duty but come the second half and winter games I will be in mid season form!

Good hockey weekend to you all!

Medford Bronco
12-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Canes are shooting for that #1 pick :lol:

:cry:

Go Blackhawks now. :salute:
good luck to the Avs as well

looking forward to the winter classic at Fenway for boston vs philly.

Medford Bronco
12-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Hey Med, I talked to Coach S today. He is really a nice guy. I told him about you and he asked your name, I hope I remembered it correctly. Anyway he said he was going to try remember it and ask his brother. Had a good time today, our young ones are pretty special guys.....:D

The Saccos are class acts.

I hope you do well in the playoffs this year. Medford Ma all the way:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

BroncoAV06
12-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Proud holder of two tickets sec 361, behind the net for Saturdays Avs game!

Caps visit Denver tonight, should be exciting with one of the top teams in the east! I am a big Ovechkin fan, Avs have their hands full.

East Coast Fan
12-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Canes are shooting for that #1 pick :lol:

:cry:

Just hang in there Med-I saw a clip last night about Mario coaching his son's team and he is playing in the 13 year-old league so he's gettin' closer! :lol:

East Coast Fan
12-16-2009, 09:23 AM
The Criers came into town last night and tried to show how "big and bad" they were, and that they were a different team under this new coach, but the results were still the same! 6-1 pounding, and hopefully we do it again Thursday night in their house. 3 fistfights in the first 6 minutes of the game-we won 2, they won 1. But the bottom line is they can't outfight us or outplay us, and it is very satisfying to watch it....

"LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS" :elefant::whoo::balloons::cheer2:

Biz1
12-17-2009, 12:30 PM
The Saccos are class acts.

I hope you do well in the playoffs this year. Medford Ma all the way:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

Hawks keep rolling, I think it's time to get tickets for Christmas. The UC in Chicago rocks during Blackhawks games. Last night they did a real nice tribute for Stan Mikita(an old school player from the 60's).

Happy Holidays!

East Coast Fan
12-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Well they put up more of a fight after their captain "questioned" their heart, but you don't want to take the Pens on in a shootout-not with these snipers. Fleury was ridiculous in goal, too. I SO enjoy this because growing up in the 70's the Flyers were always better than the Pens, just like the Raiders were usually better than the Broncos. Now it is our turn....

"GO HOME CRIERS" :hurt::violin:

East Coast Fan
12-22-2009, 11:00 AM
Big showdown for 1st place last night, but we forgot to show up...Devils beat us handily. When we play them it is either a tight game or a blowout-just happened to be their turn last night.

I guess everyone here is busy with Christmas...is anybody out there? :lol:

"LET'S GO PENS"

underrated29
12-22-2009, 11:45 AM
the avs had a nice game last night. I didnt get to see the end of the game, but we were up like 4-1 on the wild.

I did see that chump take a run at our goalie though. Hope we knocked him out.

Medford Bronco
12-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Canes finally play a good game down 3-0 with 10 min left in the 3rd to tie it at 3
but then lose in a shootout. They suck.

Is there a Forseberg, Sakic, Crosby, Lemieux out there with the #1 pick
I hope?

What a dreadful year this has been. If they get rewarded down the road, it will
be worth it I guess. Still sucky hockey to watch

pnbronco
12-28-2009, 01:12 AM
Wow Van just pounded Cgy tonight, which is good for the Avs. Also when in the heck did the Black Hawks move into first place? Also I was surprised to see how well Phoenix is doing. Looks like the young players are making a difference around the leagues.

Guys start posting again, I need good, logical conversation......:D

Biz1
12-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Wow Van just pounded Cgy tonight, which is good for the Avs. Also when in the heck did the Black Hawks move into first place? Also I was surprised to see how well Phoenix is doing. Looks like the young players are making a difference around the leagues.

Guys start posting again, I need good, logical conversation......:D

The Hawks have been in first place since October(at least in our division).:beer:

pnbronco
12-28-2009, 12:31 PM
The Hawks have been in first place since October(at least in our division).:beer:

I was talking about the conference.

OK Med this is a pretty big article, but for your reading pleasure:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=501524#&navid=nhl-search

It's about prospects for 2010. Unless something changes soon, you have a really good chance at #1, sorry.

On the other hand, look at what the young ones have brought to the Avs. To go from 3rd worst to the top 8 most of the season is pretty amazing.

Medford Bronco
12-29-2009, 01:15 AM
Canes won in Wash tonight.

YOu have got to be kidding me.

Staal had 5 pts as well.

What a weird night that is all I have to say. I still love a win

pn thanks for the article. :salute:

I hope a future crosby or lemieux, sakic is in there for the Canes

gnomeflinger
12-29-2009, 10:01 AM
You guys are up to 8 fans now? Congrats! :beer:

:D

weazel
12-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Canes won in Wash tonight.

YOu have got to be kidding me.

Staal had 5 pts as well.

What a weird night that is all I have to say. I still love a win

pn thanks for the article. :salute:

I hope a future crosby or lemieux, sakic is in there for the Canes

theres no way in hell the Canes should be that bad...

Ward is stinking it up, too. I have him in every fantasy league and he's killing me.

Medford Bronco
12-29-2009, 09:16 PM
theres no way in hell the Canes should be that bad...

Ward is stinking it up, too. I have him in every fantasy league and he's killing me.

Well weazel, I can tell you that some injuries have hurt the team at times this year. Ward missed like 12 games with the but on his leg.

Cole has missed huge time. Staal missed time.

Also Maurice is a conservative sucky coach at times and I am surprised he did not get axed and Ron Francis take over. (vent over lol)

good luck with Ward the rest of the way. If you have him in a keeper league, hold on to him as he will be much better next season I would think

pnbronco
12-30-2009, 08:29 AM
That was a great game between Dallas and Chi last night. It was fun to watch something that wouldn't break my heart with the outcome. I do have a real soft spot for many of the Dallas players, so I was happy to see Turc have a strong game there at the end and Ott have a good game. Plus Neal seems to be the real deal.

Also Phoenix is surprising the heck out of me, wow they just seem to be getting stronger. That Pacific Div just seems to be getting stronger and stronger. I'm looking forward to see how all this plays out. The best part is that the Wings dropped another spot....:D

weazel
12-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Well weazel, I can tell you that some injuries have hurt the team at times this year. Ward missed like 12 games with the but on his leg.

Cole has missed huge time. Staal missed time.

Also Maurice is a conservative sucky coach at times and I am surprised he did not get axed and Ron Francis take over. (vent over lol)

good luck with Ward the rest of the way. If you have him in a keeper league, hold on to him as he will be much better next season I would think

I'm not in any keeper leagues, but I have taken Ward almost every season. Cole just seems a step too slow out there now, I am glad he's out of Edmonton though.

They played pretty well for Maurice last season, what is the difference this year?

...go Chicago!

East Coast Fan
12-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Turned on the Pens game last night and they're really taking it to Buffalo 3-0....then they fall asleep and lose 4-3....wow.

I hope that they use that as motivation tonight vs. the Devils...

pnbronco
12-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Turned on the Pens game last night and they're really taking it to Buffalo 3-0....then they fall asleep and lose 4-3....wow.

I hope that they use that as motivation tonight vs. the Devils...

Welcome...:welcome:... to my world, well you'll be in good company because UR lives here too.....:laugh: You know the one where you team is doing great till you start to watch.....:D

East Coast Fan
12-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Welcome...:welcome:... to my world, well you'll be in good company because UR lives here too.....:laugh: You know the one where you team is doing great till you start to watch.....:D

I really can't complain about them, as they are doing well otherwise. When someone asks me my thoughts on the Broncos I usually reply "Let's Go Pens" because they are going places. And something about their bus getting stuck in the snow and the coaches and team having to push it? NO WONDER they lost!!! :laugh:

Medford Bronco
12-31-2009, 01:13 AM
I'm not in any keeper leagues, but I have taken Ward almost every season. Cole just seems a step too slow out there now, I am glad he's out of Edmonton though.

They played pretty well for Maurice last season, what is the difference this year?

...go Chicago!

I consider them an enigma. lol

Yes Go Hawks as well. I Love the Red jersey. Best in the NHL bar none.

Win the Cup this year. They have the team. Make Denis Savard proud. One of my favs as a kid.

Medford Bronco
12-31-2009, 01:15 AM
I really can't complain about them, as they are doing well otherwise. When someone asks me my thoughts on the Broncos I usually reply "Let's Go Pens" because they are going places. And something about their bus getting stuck in the snow and the coaches and team having to push it? NO WONDER they lost!!! :laugh:

Yeah you cant complain. Med has the 1983-84 Pens this year. IS there a Lemieux out there for me:confused::lol::salute: or the 1987 Nordiques to get a man Named Joe Sakic. (yes Avs fans your team existed before Denver, just like mine did in Hartford)

East Coast Fan
12-31-2009, 08:41 AM
Okay, now we've lost 2 in a row to the Devils, and have been shutout in both games!!:tsk:And we've lost 3 of the last 4....let's get things turned around here, boys....

"HAPPY NEW YEAR" to you guys!! :D

weazel
12-31-2009, 11:15 AM
Okay, now we've lost 2 in a row to the Devils, and have been shutout in both games!!:tsk:And we've lost 3 of the last 4....let's get things turned around here, boys....

"HAPPY NEW YEAR" to you guys!! :D

Brodeur gets me great points when he plays you guys!

on one team I have Brodeur, Miller, Huet, Backstrom and Ward (just dumped Ward)

Biz1
12-31-2009, 11:21 AM
Brodeur gets me great points when he plays you guys!

on one team I have Brodeur, Miller, Huet, Backstrom and Ward (just dumped Ward)

Big game tonight at the UC, could be a preview of the Finals.

Go Hawks!

pnbronco
01-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Anybody watching the Winter Classic? I like it, but came in late. Forget the "like" I love this game, wow the energy is amazing!!!
The more I watch hockey the more I love this sport and it's fans....

Chi had a nice win last night.

pnbronco
01-02-2010, 02:16 AM
Who made the cut for the US Hockey Team......

Goaltenders

* Tim Thomas, 35 (Boston Bruins)
* Ryan Miller, 29 (Buffalo Sabres)
* Jonathan Quick, 24 (Los Angeles Kings)

Alternate Candidate:
- Craig Anderson (Colorado)

Defense

* Brian Rafalski, 36 (Detroit Red Wings)
* Ryan Suter, 25 (Nashville Predators)
* Paul Martin 28 (New Jersey Devils)
* Mike Komisarek, 28 (Toronto Maple Leafs)
* Erik Johnson, 21 (St. Louis Blues)
* Brooks Orpik, 29 (Pittsburgh Pittsburgh)
* Jack Johnson, 23 (Los Angeles Kings)

Alternate Candidates:
- Matt Niskanen (Dallas)
- Ron Hainsey (Atlanta)
- Alex Goligoski (Pittsburgh)
- Matt Carle (Philadelphia)
- Rob Scuderi (Los Angeles)

Forwards

* Zach Parise, 25 (New Jersey Devils)
* Chris Drury, 32 (New York Rangers)
* Dustin Brown, 25 (Los Angeles Kings)
* Jamie Langenbrunner, 34 (New Jersey Devils)
* Paul Stastny, 24 (Colorado Avalanche)
* David Backes, 25 (St. Louis Blues)
* Patrick Kane, 21 (Chicago Blackhawks)
* Phil Kessel, 22 (Toronto Maple Leafs)
* Ryan Kesler, 25 (Vancouver Canucks)
* Bobby Ryan, 22 (Anaheim Ducks)
* Joe Pavelski, 25 (San Jose Sharks)
* Ryan Malone, 31 (Tampa Bay Lightning)
* Ryan Callahan, 24 (New York Rangers)

Alternate Candidates:
- Jason Pominville (Sabres)
- David Booth (Panthers)
- Scott Gomez (Rangers)
- T.J. Oshie (Blues)
- Brian Gionta (Canadiens)

Devilspawn
01-02-2010, 02:38 AM
Favorite hockey player: Ron Tugnut.

I watched hockey for 2 seasons, the first year the Kngs went to Silver & Black and got Gretzky. ESPN had hockey games that year I think.

pnbronco
01-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Favorite hockey player: Ron Tugnut.

I watched hockey for 2 seasons, the first year the Kngs went to Silver & Black and got Gretzky. ESPN had hockey games that year I think.

:welcome:...Hey DS welcome and you may want to watch again. It's a great sport and it's been a few years. I can honestly saw that I can watch almost any 2 teams play this sport and enjoy the game.

Devilspawn
01-02-2010, 12:52 PM
:welcome:...Hey DS welcome and you may want to watch again. It's a great sport and it's been a few years. I can honestly saw that I can watch almost any 2 teams play this sport and enjoy the game.
I do watch the playoffs and I get into each missed shot like it's my team, so it's not like I don't like the sport, I just don't go out of my way to see a regular game. We get Rangers, Islanders and Devils games here and I'll admit I like the Rangers.

Medford Bronco
01-02-2010, 02:02 PM
I heard there is some great player that the Canes could get.

I heard that Taylor Hall is the real deal. I Hope the Canes get him and he is 3/4 as good as Crosby, Malkin or Sakic was.

They just brough up two kids from Albany as well. Zach Boychuck and Tlusty. I am glad they are playing the kids. They need to look to the future. I love Rod Brindamour but its time to get traded or retire.

also trade Whitney to a contender as well. get him another Cup Run and hopefully he comes back to the Canes.

lastly the Winter Classic was great as well yesterday. I know most hate boston here but there is little reason to hate the Bruins. I wish them well. Classy players and orgainzation.

Also ECF they beat the cryers as you would say :lol:

pnbronco
01-02-2010, 03:16 PM
That's great Med, I hope you start hearing more about the next group of kids coming up in the draft. It help takes some of the sting out, it did for me with the Avs.

Also I'm glad they are starting to play some of the kids. I have been blown away how good some of ours are playing, not even the ones you thought would be good. I mean Yip and Durno the other night were great against the Wings. What one of the comms said was the kids didn't know they are suppose to be bad this year.

I hope you had a great NYE and a great year in general....

Medford Bronco
01-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Can I hide in this thread lol

Go Canes for the #1 pick

Hawks
Avs
Bruins

and anyone vs Det or Philly :lol:

pnbronco
01-03-2010, 09:44 PM

Go Canes for the #1 pick

Hawks
Avs
Bruins

Hey you won't be the only one. So for me the hockey season in on the front burner and I will get to watch more games which is all good.

PS Med, I've been in the positive only thread, there is still intelligent conversations going on there, who knew...

Also double for me to anyone vs Det, it would be so sweet if they missed the playoffs this year.

East Coast Fan
01-03-2010, 10:08 PM
lastly the Winter Classic was great as well yesterday. I know most hate boston here but there is little reason to hate the Bruins. I wish them well. Classy players and orgainzation.

Also ECF they beat the cryers as you would say :lol:

Yeah, and here's a little sidenote that you guys will enjoy; the Flyers goal was scored by Danny Syvret-I coached his cousins on my soccer team for years! One of them is also named Danny Syvret, so when the hockey player got traded, I cut out the transaction from the newspaper and showed it to him in practice and said "what the bleep is this bleep; you getting traded and going to the Flyers of all teams"? He looked at me kinda puzzled for a few seconds, then said "that's my cousin". I said "I know, I know...I'm just foolin' with ya" :lol:

And my Penguins BETTER GET MOVING...we dominate teams in the beginning of games, then fall apart and can't hold leads!!! :mad:

I said to my wife tonight "I don't know why I even watch sports anymore...all my teams are losing". Let's NOT get started on the Broncos....

Oh well....

Biz1
01-03-2010, 10:15 PM

Go Canes for the #1 pick

Hawks
Avs
Bruins

You can hide in Hawkeytown!....:beer:

pnbronco
01-03-2010, 11:05 PM
You can hide in Hawkeytown!....:beer:

No he can't because we love him in Avytown......;)

He's so cool he can hang out with both of us.....:beer:

ECF it's all good....UR and I can't watch Av games anymore but you still have us....:D

weazel
01-04-2010, 12:26 PM
med,

Boychuck is damn good player. He played junior here and was the offense. Hall has tons of speed, great puck skills and is also a two way player. He would be a nice prize for finishing last, but remember you gotta win the lottery.

If you want to check out Hall, watch the world junior finals tomorrow night, USA vs Canada. Should be an awesome game, the New Years Eve game was.

Medford Bronco
01-04-2010, 09:01 PM
med,

Boychuck is damn good player. He played junior here and was the offense. Hall has tons of speed, great puck skills and is also a two way player. He would be a nice prize for finishing last, but remember you gotta win the lottery.

If you want to check out Hall, watch the world junior finals tomorrow night, USA vs Canada. Should be an awesome game, the New Years Eve game was.

Isnt hockey have better odds if you finish last.

Its not like baskeball where you get screwed?

I think its like 66% for the canes to get the #1 and 33% the #2.

I would love him with Staal.
I want to see Boychuck and Tlusty the rest of the year. The team is going nowhere so play the kids and then fire Maurice and let Francis coach.

Ward will do better when his team gets better I can assure you. I loved that 06 team. Best moment in sports for me besides Super Bowl 32 and last years game 7 in Boston that I was at.

Broncolingus
01-04-2010, 09:03 PM
:salute: Avs...

Just a quick one for winning WAY more games than many/most thought you would (including me) this year...

...GREAT job!

pnbronco
01-05-2010, 12:57 AM
:salute: Avs...

Just a quick one for winning WAY more games than many/most thought you would (including me) this year...

...GREAT job!

Thanks...you know we always have room for more hockey fans...just saying, you are always welcome....:welcome:

East Coast Fan
01-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Well we finally got back on track last night-it's partly because BIG # 66 Mario LEEEMMMMMUUUUUIIIXXXXX (boy I miss how they'd do that when he scored!) paid a little visit to the team's practice the other day, and gently "persuaded" the boys to get it together. We should be fine, and tomorrow night the CRIERS (Med's favorite team!:D) come to town, so I hope that we beat their brains in....

Stay well all...

"LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS" :elefant::cheer2::cheer2::balloons:

weazel
01-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Isnt hockey have better odds if you finish last.

Its not like baskeball where you get screwed?

I think its like 66% for the canes to get the #1 and 33% the #2.

I would love him with Staal.
I want to see Boychuck and Tlusty the rest of the year. The team is going nowhere so play the kids and then fire Maurice and let Francis coach.

Ward will do better when his team gets better I can assure you. I loved that 06 team. Best moment in sports for me besides Super Bowl 32 and last years game 7 in Boston that I was at.

Fourteen balls, numbered 1-14, are placed in a lottery machine and four are drawn, forming a series of numbers. A probability chart, created by Bortz & Company, divides the possible combinations among the 14 participating clubs. The four-digit series that results from the balls drawn are be compared to the probability chart to determine the team to which that combination has been assigned.

The percentage chance of being selected in the lottery is as follows, based on team finish:

30th........... 25.0% (250 combinations)
29th........... 18.8% (188 combinations)
28th........... 14.2% (142 combinations)
27th........... 10.7% (107 combinations)
26th.............8.1% (81 combinations)
25th.............6.2% (62 combinations)
24th.............4.7% (47 combinations)
23rd.............3.6% (36 combinations)
22nd............ 2.7% (27 combinations)
21st.............2.1% (21 combinations)
20th.............1.5% (15 combinations)
19th.............1.1% (11 combinations)
18th.............0.8% (8 combinations)
17th.............0.5% (5 combinations)

remember, the most you can move up is 4 positions. So getting picked first, doesn't necessarily mean you get first pick.

Hers a good site that explains it in detail. http://www.nhlscap.com/draft.htm

weazel
01-06-2010, 04:32 PM

If the Hawks were to win the cup I could see myself comparing it with SB32. I don't know which would feel better though, I guess I will just have to wait and see if the Hawks ever win it again.

weazel
01-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Did anyone watch the World Junior Championship last night? Great game, bad goal tending for both teams. USA won 6-5 in overtime and was just a wild game from start to finish.

The game was won by coaching decisions, the US decided to pull their goalie early and Canada (Desjardin) kept a shaky goalie in for 5 goals. Cost Canada the game IMO.

underrated29
01-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Did anyone watch the World Junior Championship last night? Great game, bad goal tending for both teams. USA won 6-5 in overtime and was just a wild game from start to finish.

The game was won by coaching decisions, the US decided to pull their goalie early and Canada (Desjardin) kept a shaky goalie in for 5 goals. Cost Canada the game IMO.

yep- now i know what you meant by coaching in my thread. Which is what i fgured but wasnt sure.... What a great game though. That was a fun game to watch.

Avs tonight- i think? Go Avs!

pnbronco
01-06-2010, 08:54 PM
yep- now i know what you meant by coaching in my thread. Which is what i fgured but wasnt sure.... What a great game though. That was a fun game to watch.

Avs tonight- i think? Go Avs!

The Avs play the Islanders at 7:00 tonight, Pepsi Center. Get to see Tavares for the first time.

pnbronco
01-07-2010, 01:50 AM
OK this is nuts......:banghead:...I watched the first 2 periods. Fell asleep right before the 3rd period started, wake up to see the game tied. Then the Islanders score to win the game...........:hurt: Will it every be sunny again when it comes to me watching sports??? :rain:

underrated29
01-07-2010, 12:01 PM
OK this is nuts......:banghead:...I watched the first 2 periods. Fell asleep right before the 3rd period started, wake up to see the game tied. Then the Islanders score to win the game...........:hurt: Will it every be sunny again when it comes to me watching sports??? :rain:

Same here P. watched into the begining of the third. Then had to start my workout. But I recorded it, so after I was done i turned it on and then we lose....

Very sad. I barely noticed Johnny T out there as well, which i suppose is good.

East Coast Fan
01-08-2010, 08:35 AM
That was UGLY!! We gotta get this ship turned around here boys....Bad showing vs. the Criers...And how, with all the talent that we have out there, are we ranked LAST in power play scoring?:confused: Oh well, I hope that they're not having sympathy pains for the Steelers....

LET'S GET MOVING, PENS! :shocked:

weazel
01-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Same here P. watched into the begining of the third. Then had to start my workout. But I recorded it, so after I was done i turned it on and then we lose....

Very sad. I barely noticed Johnny T out there as well, which i suppose is good.

Tavarez is so offensively gifted... if he played for a team with some help, he would be pretty scary. He needs to be teamed up with a play maker. It sounds pretty funny, but I think the Islanders should offer Washington a 4th rounder for Michal Nylander. Washington would have to foot most the bill for Nylanders contract, because it's too much, but Nylander has the skills to give Tavarez the puck in the right areas. They could move a little grittier player on the line with them to offset Nylanders softness. Washington is paying Nylander money to play in the A, and have no desire to bring him up, why not do it?

Medford Bronco
01-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Fourteen balls, numbered 1-14, are placed in a lottery machine and four are drawn, forming a series of numbers. A probability chart, created by Bortz & Company, divides the possible combinations among the 14 participating clubs. The four-digit series that results from the balls drawn are be compared to the probability chart to determine the team to which that combination has been assigned.

The percentage chance of being selected in the lottery is as follows, based on team finish:

30th........... 25.0% (250 combinations)
29th........... 18.8% (188 combinations)
28th........... 14.2% (142 combinations)
27th........... 10.7% (107 combinations)
26th.............8.1% (81 combinations)
25th.............6.2% (62 combinations)
24th.............4.7% (47 combinations)
23rd.............3.6% (36 combinations)
22nd............ 2.7% (27 combinations)
21st.............2.1% (21 combinations)
20th.............1.5% (15 combinations)
19th.............1.1% (11 combinations)
18th.............0.8% (8 combinations)
17th.............0.5% (5 combinations)

remember, the most you can move up is 4 positions. So getting picked first, doesn't necessarily mean you get first pick.

Hers a good site that explains it in detail. http://www.nhlscap.com/draft.htm

Canes keep winning, I hope they dont blow their chance at Hall

it figures you dropped Ward and he is playing much better of late.

The Hawks outshot Ana 42-11 and lost yesterday:shocked:

Still in great shape. I only think they must stay healthy for them to make a huge run at it. SJ is good but the rest of the West dont scare me for Chicago. They better hope Ana does not get inoto 8th as they play well vs Chic. (they shut them out in November as well)

pnbronco
01-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Canes keep winning, I hope they dont blow their chance at Hall

it figures you dropped Ward and he is playing much better of late.

The Hawks outshot Ana 42-11 and lost yesterday:shocked:

Still in great shape. I only think they must stay healthy for them to make a huge run at it. SJ is good but the rest of the West dont scare me for Chicago. They better hope Ana does not get inoto 8th as they play well vs Chic. (they shut them out in November as well)

Isn't funny how your thinking changes when you have a chance at a high draft pick??? I will hope for the best for your team Med.

I couldn't believe that the Hawks had that many shots and lost. Hiller was on fire. I looked up the game and found this...

The Blackhawks are 19-5-1 at the United Center and had won four straight games there since losing to San Jose on Dec. 22 - when they outshot the Sharks 47-14. So in their only two losses in their last 11 home games, they had a combined 90-26 advantage.

Sorry guys but I love Koivu and Selanne so it's hard for me to not be happy for them. The Hawks have so much talent I'm sure they will make it far into the playoffs this season.

Oh and Med I'll keep rooting for the Canes to lose......
(should I take it personal that there is no one to fear in the WEST....nah you're too good of bud....:D)

Medford Bronco
01-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Isn't funny how your thinking changes when you have a chance at a high draft pick??? I will hope for the best for your team Med.

I couldn't believe that the Hawks had that many shots and lost. Hiller was on fire. I looked up the game and found this...

The Blackhawks are 19-5-1 at the United Center and had won four straight games there since losing to San Jose on Dec. 22 - when they outshot the Sharks 47-14. So in their only two losses in their last 11 home games, they had a combined 90-26 advantage.

Sorry guys but I love Koivu and Selanne so it's hard for me to not be happy for them. The Hawks have so much talent I'm sure they will make it far into the playoffs this season.

Oh and Med I'll keep rooting for the Canes to lose......
(should I take it personal that there is no one to fear in the WEST....nah you're too good of bud....:D)

you know I am a huge Joe Sacco fan. If the Hawks lose you are my 2nd best team to root for. I just think you are a year away from being a serious threat IMO............ what do I know the Canes suck after having a great year last year. (surprising but great)

perspective can change quikly just look at Denver :tsk::lol:

underrated29
01-11-2010, 02:38 PM
what is even scarier is that the hawks are in the running for kovelchuk. If they got him, even if its a 1 year rental, LOOK OUT! they would be near unstoppable.

Medford Bronco
01-11-2010, 02:50 PM
what is even scarier is that the hawks are in the running for kovelchuk. If they got him, even if its a 1 year rental, LOOK OUT! they would be near unstoppable.

I would love that.

MY only concern with Chicago is in net.

Huet is shaky at times and Neimi I dont know enough about.

but to counter Osgood who is average has won 3 Cups playing (one Vernon won)

weazel
01-11-2010, 05:09 PM
the hawks also lost to Florida at the start of the year while out-shooting them 55 - 24

Most games, Chicago doesn't allow more than 20 shots. With that type of team defense and puck control game they play there is no reason to lose games if you score 2 or 3 goals. I think Huet is serviceable, but if he shaky at all, they lose. I just hope he gets on a hot streak for the playoffs or I see him losing it for them.

pnbronco
01-11-2010, 09:19 PM
For you Med. It sounds like there is some serious talent out there for this years draft. I didn't post the whole article but you get the point, hope you enjoy:

Hall grabs midterm top spot over Seguin, FowlerMonday, 01.11.2010 / 12:00 PM / 2010 NHL Entry Draft By Adam Kimelman - NHL.com Staff Writer

The battle for the top spot at the 2010 Entry Draft has turned into a three-horse race. And like any good horse race, this one currently is too close to call.

In NHL Central Scouting's midterm ranking of North American skaters, Windsor Spitfires forward Taylor Hall currently leads the Plymouth Whalers' Tyler Seguin and Windsor defenseman Cam Fowler by a nose. And there's a lot more time before the stretch run, meaning a lot can change between now and April, when the final rankings are released, and it could last all the way to the draft in Los Angeles, to be held June 25-26 at Staples Center.

"We're splitting hairs," Central Scouting Director E.J. McGuire told NHL.com. "What does a team need? That's how close it is. Does a team need a right-shot center (Seguin)? There's your answer. Does a team need a speedy left wing (Hall)? There's your answer. Does your team need a defenseman (Fowler)? There's your answer."

McGuire said it's the closest he's seen the race for the top spot be since 2006, when Erik Johnson, Jordan Staal, Jonathan Toews, Nicklas Backstrom and Phil Kessel competed for the top spot.

East Coast Fan
01-12-2010, 08:40 AM
Watched my Pens lose AGAIN last night against Minnesota on Versus. During an intermission report, the announcers said "the Penguins are looking like a very ordinary team right now"....wow.

This ain't good boys-let's fight our way out of it.

pnbronco
01-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Watched my Pens lose AGAIN last night against Minnesota on Versus. During an intermission report, the announcers said "the Penguins are looking like a very ordinary team right now"....wow.

This ain't good boys-let's fight our way out of it.

Yes and please start with Calgary......:D

underrated29
01-12-2010, 11:21 AM
that was a tough loss for you guys. I hate the wild too, and it hurt us as they are not to many points behind us.

Good news is you guys will bounce back.. I am sure of it. A little slack and slump to recouperate then back in full gear. We will see, but I think you guys have it just fine.

--

Good win by the avs last night. Finally I got to watch a game where we didnt lose. I saw the Shootout game against buf too. Looks like I have broken my curse.

What a game last night was too. Those first 3 fights were awesome. And stewie kicked the crap out of robierre. Mcgratton and Koci was one of the best fights i have seen in a loooooooooooong time. They were just exchanging serious blows one after the other. Good Hard long fight that was.

Fun game for sure.

East Coast Fan
01-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Yes and please start with Calgary......:D

I'll drink to that....:D

East Coast Fan
01-12-2010, 03:18 PM
that was a tough loss for you guys. I hate the wild too, and it hurt us as they are not to many points behind us.

Good news is you guys will bounce back.. I am sure of it. A little slack and slump to recouperate then back in full gear. We will see, but I think you guys have it just fine.

I sure hope so; we're something like 1-7 since Christmas which isn't good. And to not have sucess on the power play with all of that talent is just mind-boggling to me. I hope they fix it soon...

pnbronco
01-12-2010, 11:59 PM
I'll drink to that....:D :beer:

Wow Med Car beat Tor, that's good right???

Also the Islanders beat the Wings.......6 to 0.....:elefant:

I watched the Rangers/Devils game, it was good and the goal tending outstanding.

underrated29
01-13-2010, 11:25 AM
:beer:

Any shutout of the wings needs to be posted and re-posted again! Especially an ass whooping from the isles.....Hope taveres did well.

Medford Bronco
01-13-2010, 11:56 AM
:beer:

Wow Med Car beat Tor, that's good right???

I watched the Rangers/Devils game, it was good and the goal tending outstanding.

lol I am not sure if it is good. I want Taylor Hall. I guess unless they go on a 15 game winning streak we will still get a top 5 pick..

Ward looks much better and I love the grit of Brandon Sutter. He reminds me of his uncle Brian with St Louis back in the day.

ECF the Pens will be fine. Dont worry, Just remember the 91-92 Pens were not worldbeaterss in the Reg season. Just get in and turn it on in the playoffs. Way too much talent for you not to do that.

The Devs quietly look great. Brodeur his 107th career shutout:shocked:

I just want Chicago to bounce back this week.

Also I noticed the Kings have fallen off a bit. I like thier spunk. They have sucked for so long, I want them to at least get in.

yes Det losing 6-0:lol: but they are playing better:tsk:;) (I really dont care as much as Avs fans but they are far from my fav team)

*** Also I KNOW WHO ARE HUGE CANES FAN ON THURSDAY NIGHT THEY PLAY AT DET. THEY HAVE NOT WON THERE IN LIKE 15 YEARS :o )

East Coast Fan
01-13-2010, 03:15 PM
ECF the Pens will be fine. Dont worry, Just remember the 91-92 Pens were not worldbeaterss in the Reg season. Just get in and turn it on in the playoffs. Way too much talent for you not to do that.

You're probably right; it's just baffling to see them go through this slump. I really can't figure out why they aren't killers on the power play with all that talent. And I'm sure that it's hard to keep playing at the level that they have played at for the last two seasons. They'll be fine and get it together-hopefully sooner than later!

pnbronco
01-13-2010, 05:43 PM
You're probably right; it's just baffling to see them go through this slump. I really can't figure out why they aren't killers on the power play with all that talent. And I'm sure that it's hard to keep playing at the level that they have played at for the last two seasons. They'll be fine and get it together-hopefully sooner than later!

Yea like tonight would be a great time to get started....GO PENS..:cheer2:

hey it's a win....win.....;) and I do have a total soft spot for Mr. Lemieux

Also come on Min...get Van......

weazel
01-13-2010, 06:16 PM
so I just picked up 4 tickets to the Flames - Blackhawks game for next Thursday. 11th row...

pnbronco
01-13-2010, 06:27 PM
so I just picked up 4 tickets to the Flames - Blackhawks game for next Thursday. 11th row...

Woo Hooo and Go Hawks!!!!

Medford Bronco
01-13-2010, 09:32 PM

I will be watching Pat Foley and Ed Olyczk on CSN Chicago via CenterIce.

I love their passion..
I just remember some of these type moments from when I was a teenager watching Denis Savard

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JKFEIsg8Q3k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JKFEIsg8Q3k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vB_LC10N3xU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vB_LC10N3xU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PZurXh_wv3c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PZurXh_wv3c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

weazel
01-13-2010, 11:18 PM
damn, Savard was awesome. He and Larmer were my favorite back then.

weazel
01-13-2010, 11:19 PM
I will be watching Pat Foley and Ed Olyczk on CSN Chicago via CenterIce.

I love their passion..
I just remember some of these type moments from when I was a teenager watching Denis Savard

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JKFEIsg8Q3k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JKFEIsg8Q3k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vB_LC10N3xU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vB_LC10N3xU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PZurXh_wv3c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PZurXh_wv3c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'll be there wearing my hawks jersey 10 rows up behind Kiprusof on the corner

pnbronco
01-14-2010, 12:04 AM
:elefant:...Pens won!!!.....:elefant:...Minny won.....!!!!

(Avs back in first place for the night!!!!....:elefant:)

East Coast Fan
01-16-2010, 08:26 PM
:elefant:...Pens won!!!.....:elefant:...Minny won.....!!!!

(Avs back in first place for the night!!!!....:elefant:)

Glad we could help you out there....:lol:

East Coast Fan
01-17-2010, 09:01 AM
Glad we could help you out there....:lol:

And sorry that we let you down last night vs. Vancouver....new goalies-Fleury is hurt....:mad:

pnbronco
01-17-2010, 11:01 AM
And sorry that we let you down last night vs. Vancouver....new goalies-Fleury is hurt....:mad:

Sorry ECF...I really like Fleury, I hope he recovers quickly....:sad:

weazel
01-19-2010, 11:47 AM

that was ugly... but not as ugly as the flames - sharks game last night!

weazel
01-19-2010, 06:18 PM

at least Johnson is back quickly though

Medford Bronco
01-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Canes looking good for the potential worst record

I want to see more of Boychuck. It seems like he has not played much lately.

I want a chance at Taylor Hall but stupid Edmonton is messing it up :lol:

Also Go Hawks and Avs with that class act Mr. Sacco

weazel
01-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Canes looking good for the potential worst record

I want to see more of Boychuck. It seems like he has not played much lately.

I want a chance at Taylor Hall but stupid Edmonton is messing it up :lol:

Also Go Hawks and Avs with that class act Mr. Sacco

Hall, Seguin or Fowler would all be great picks. I wouldn't worry too much about being #1.

Medford Bronco
01-21-2010, 12:53 PM
Hall, Seguin or Fowler would all be great picks. I wouldn't worry too much about being #1.

thanks for the info. I just want the Canes to have a one year transition and then get better again next year. I think they have a decent nucleus and should hopefully challenge for a playoff spot again. Ward and Staal are so young and should bounce back. Also naming Staal captain is a good thing if it raises his game to the next level.

I love whitney and Cullen but I would trade them for some assets in return to rebuild for the future. Whitney can help a team that needs a good playmaker who can kill penatlies and be a conistent 65-70 pt guy. He can even do better than that when he is paired up with offensive talent. I would love to see him in Boston, where they miss Kessels offense and Savard being injured as well.

Last year was a surprise so this down year hurts but I have seen a Cup in 06 so I am not that greedy.

I want the Hawks to win it all for you, my uncle and the good Chicago fans that are there. Also like I have posted on numerous times, I have always liked them kind of 2nd behind Carolina. I also like Boston as well. There fans are so different than the stereotypical Boston fan. They deserve a championship as well. I like Neely being back in the front office as well.

weazel
01-22-2010, 11:40 AM
thanks for the info. I just want the Canes to have a one year transition and then get better again next year. I think they have a decent nucleus and should hopefully challenge for a playoff spot again. Ward and Staal are so young and should bounce back. Also naming Staal captain is a good thing if it raises his game to the next level.

I love whitney and Cullen but I would trade them for some assets in return to rebuild for the future. Whitney can help a team that needs a good playmaker who can kill penatlies and be a conistent 65-70 pt guy. He can even do better than that when he is paired up with offensive talent. I would love to see him in Boston, where they miss Kessels offense and Savard being injured as well.

Last year was a surprise so this down year hurts but I have seen a Cup in 06 so I am not that greedy.

I want the Hawks to win it all for you, my uncle and the good Chicago fans that are there. Also like I have posted on numerous times, I have always liked them kind of 2nd behind Carolina. I also like Boston as well. There fans are so different than the stereotypical Boston fan. They deserve a championship as well. I like Neely being back in the front office as well.

well, the Carolina management has asked all players with no trade clauses if they would waive them and apparently they didn't want to waive them.

The message around the league was that everyone on the team is available except for the following...

Staal
Ward
Ruutu
Sutter
Gleason

Looks like the rebuild process is in motion.

They should be able to get some good return on players like Wallin, Pitkanen, Cullen and Corvo. Even Yelle and Brindamour would fetch something from a contender as both are valuable for a playoff run.

weazel
01-22-2010, 12:13 PM
The Flames - Blackhawks game last night...

the 'hawks dominated the game from start to finish except for about 2 - 3 minutes at the end of the 2nd period. It was a schooling of puck control, and Calgary had no answer for it.

Kiprusoff was absolutely amazing, he made so many sprawling saves that on pucks that should have been in... it was unbelievable. Everyone in the seats around me were just looking at each other in disbelief at the stops he was making. If it wasn't for Kipper, that game would have been at least 6-1

I don't know what game the officials were watching, because the shots were not 28 - 20 for the Blackhawks... the shots were more realistically 35 - 12.

Watching the Blackhawks live for the first time this season, it truly gave me an insight into how good this team really is. The confidence and swagger that they have is undeniable. Their passing is spot on, hard, crisp passes that are tape to tape. Once of the breakout passes was saucered up from Seabrook to Hossa, and it was lifted over three Flames sticks from his blue line to the Flames blue line, dropping perfectly onto Hossa's stick.

Keith was on the ice for over 35 minutes, the guy just doesnt tire. He is so fast and so skilled. He is always in the right position and always makes the right play. I can see why they locked him up for 13 years.

Anyway, I could go on but I will leave it at that.

underrated29
01-22-2010, 12:44 PM
i like you guys and the caps to do the most damage this year in playoffs... Atleast on your side that is.

But i agree with everything you said. Hawks are dominating!

Medford Bronco
01-22-2010, 06:52 PM
well, the Carolina management has asked all players with no trade clauses if they would waive them and apparently they didn't want to waive them.

The message around the league was that everyone on the team is available except for the following...

Staal
Ward
Ruutu
Sutter
Gleason

Looks like the rebuild process is in motion.

They should be able to get some good return on players like Wallin, Pitkanen, Cullen and Corvo. Even Yelle and Brindamour would fetch something from a contender as both are valuable for a playoff run.

Wallin is garbage. i would drive him anywhere lol
Yelle is not good either. Brindy should retire IMO after this year. I want to see the kids play.

Corvo is a good player that could help out a team needing a Point player on the PP. Same with Pitkanen. I love Cullen as well but he is decent

Like I said before Whitney is a good pickup for someone.

thanks for the info, I love a hockey insider here
btw nice win with you at the game :salute:

Medford Bronco
01-22-2010, 06:54 PM
The Flames - Blackhawks game last night...

the 'hawks dominated the game from start to finish except for about 2 - 3 minutes at the end of the 2nd period. It was a schooling of puck control, and Calgary had no answer for it.

Kiprusoff was absolutely amazing, he made so many sprawling saves that on pucks that should have been in... it was unbelievable. Everyone in the seats around me were just looking at each other in disbelief at the stops he was making. If it wasn't for Kipper, that game would have been at least 6-1

I don't know what game the officials were watching, because the shots were not 28 - 20 for the Blackhawks... the shots were more realistically 35 - 12.

Watching the Blackhawks live for the first time this season, it truly gave me an insight into how good this team really is. The confidence and swagger that they have is undeniable. Their passing is spot on, hard, crisp passes that are tape to tape. Once of the breakout passes was saucered up from Seabrook to Hossa, and it was lifted over three Flames sticks from his blue line to the Flames blue line, dropping perfectly onto Hossa's stick.

Keith was on the ice for over 35 minutes, the guy just doesnt tire. He is so fast and so skilled. He is always in the right position and always makes the right play. I can see why they locked him up for 13 years.

Anyway, I could go on but I will leave it at that.

I thik Keith should win the Norris this year.

I watched some of that game. It was enjoyable.

I love games with the Hawks. They remind me of the 05-06 Canes with their uptemp game but have better defense than the Canes did. The Canes had better goaltending in the playoffs when Ward was on fire and made a name for himeself after a so-so rookie year backing up Gerber.

Caps vs Hawks would be a Fun Final

Heck Hawks vs anyone is great for me.

Broncolingus
01-22-2010, 10:47 PM
2-1 Avs after 2 against Nashville...c'mon, let's hold on for this one!

Broncolingus
01-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Alright Avs...2-1 win over Nash.

:woot:

Medford Bronco
01-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Canes lost today at Philly what a shock :lol:

tomorrow they host Boston who cant score either.

I see a 0-0 tie going into a shootout and then it going 7 or 8 rounds with a defenseman scoring to win in on either side.

pnbronco
01-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Alright Avs...2-1 win over Nash.

:woot:

Thanks for the update. I out of town and fell asleep a little after 8:00, got up in time to make it to my show and remembered about noon today that I had forgotten to look.

I'll be gone for a still for a little over a week, so all news is very much apprecitated....:D

pnbronco
01-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Canes lost today at Philly what a shock :lol:

tomorrow they host Boston who cant score either.

I see a 0-0 tie going into a shootout and then it going 7 or 8 rounds with a defenseman scoring to win in on either side.

Isn't that a good thing, I mean the lose? When have you ever won when you loose?

Darn the game sounds like a real barn burner, sorry I'm missing it.....:laugh:

Medford Bronco
01-24-2010, 09:36 AM
For the Avs fans I saw something interesting on HNIC

Don Cherry said to Duschene before the year that he would make the team
because teams that underachieve will keep their #1 pick. He was spot on.

(I hope the same rings true for the Canes next year and their #1 pick and a turnaround with a NEW coach)

He also said the Avs would be better and have a good amount of talent. Lastly he said Joe Sacco for coach of the year. Great for a Medford MA boy :salute:

I would love it. Joe = Class Act. Pn you have to tell him about myself and knowing his brother David. Is David involved in the organization? Great guys and make medford MA proud.

Dream WCF Avs vs Hawks but I think the Sharks will have something to say about that. I like Joe T as well. Anyone but Det lol

East Coast Fan
01-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Dream WCF Avs vs Hawks but I think the Sharks will have something to say about that. I like Joe T as well. Anyone but Det lol

HEY!! We're still here you know!!!.....:lol:

Just joking with you guys...even if we don't make it I can't complain as we've had our fun. Not looking as strong as last season, but Fleury is hurt and it don't matter as long as you get into those playoffs and turn it on.

But a nice, hard-fought win over the Criers today on national TV-I liked it!

Weazel, I've been meaning to tell you that my buddy Joe is just like you, a Broncos/Blackhawks fan. He tells me that the new owners have FINALLY loosened the purse-strings and are spending money on the team the last few years, unlike the old owners. It must be true because you guys are coming' on strong...

We need a good hockey season after this past football season. I'm still watching Med so that he doesn't hurt himself because of his Canes :D Maybe he WILL get that high draft pick that he has been hoping for-I hope so for his sake! It all goes in cycles, folks, it all goes in cycles. Except our Broncos are stuck in "spin cycle". Oh well....

"GO HOME FLYERS" :ciao::2thumbsdown::clap2:

Medford Bronco
01-24-2010, 08:21 PM

Just joking with you guys...even if we don't make it I can't complain as we've had our fun. Not looking as strong as last season, but Fleury is hurt and it don't matter as long as you get into those playoffs and turn it on.

Weazel, I've been meaning to tell you that my buddy Joe is just like you, a Broncos/Blackhawks fan. He tells me that the new owners have FINALLY loosened the purse-strings and are spending money on the team the last few years, unlike the old owners. It must be true because you guys are coming' on strong...

We need a good hockey season after this past football season. I'm still watching Med so that he doesn't hurt himself because of his Canes :D Maybe he WILL get that high draft pick that he has been hoping for-I hope so for his sake! It all goes in cycles, folks, it all goes in cycles. Except our Broncos are stuck in "spin cycle". Oh well....

Dream ECF Flyers vs Caps. Crosby vs Ovechin. They Malkin ripping the heart out of the Caps again:lol:

:lol: the Canes scored 5 vs Boston:shocked::lol:

No big deal ECF. Med is a hockey fan and loves to watch no matter what.

I have really enjoyed Chicago. I like your Pens. Anybody but the Criers lol.

It does not matter, as long as I am entertained. :D

weazel
01-25-2010, 12:15 PM

Bill Wirtz was a ******* scumbag. The worst sports owner of all time. Just go to google and type in bill wirtz and read the stories about that useless *****.

On one of the forums I used to visit, they had a contest where the members all sent in a dollar and guessed a date of when Bill would die. That sounds really, really cold, but that is how terrible that guy was.

The new owners, really aren't new owners... His son Rocky took over the team and is amazing! They also brought in Stan and Scott Bowman as well as the Cubs president, John McDonough.

The one thing that sucks is the fact that the cap in the NHL is a joke. under 60 million for 22 players? Are you kidding me? You can't have a team cap of 56 million while having a player cap of 7 million, it just doesnt work. Chicago will have to dump salary for next season, so I can see them moving some of the following players... Sharp, Byfuglien, Versteeg, Barker.

weazel
01-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Kesler starts a fight with Ladd...

Ladd punches him in the face once and makes him bleed...

Kesler decides he can't get out of this fight fast enough and grabs Ladd by the leg and wrestles him down to end the fight...

After the game, Kesler calls Ladd a coward.

LMFAO, what a sack of shit.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6qBNukFUSPQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6qBNukFUSPQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

East Coast Fan
01-25-2010, 10:11 PM
The new owners, really aren't new owners... His son Rocky took over the team and is amazing! They also brought in Stan and Scott Bowman as well as the Cubs president, John McDonough.

That's what my buddy told me, you're right, that the kid took over and realized that he had to spend money.

And when he said "we got Scotty Bowman" I said "that will only lead to good places". I still remember seeing the picture in our local paper back in 1990 of Craig Patrick, Scotty Bowman and "Badger" Bob Johnson posing atop a building in Pittsburgh when they joined the Penguins and I remember thinking "it's only a matter of time" and that season we won the Cup....

And another thrilling win over the Rangers tonight with Fleury back in goal!

Medford Bronco
01-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Bill Wirtz was a ******* scumbag. The worst sports owner of all time. Just go to google and type in bill wirtz and read the stories about that useless *****.

On one of the forums I used to visit, they had a contest where the members all sent in a dollar and guessed a date of when Bill would die. That sounds really, really cold, but that is how terrible that guy was.

The one thing that sucks is the fact that the cap in the NHL is a joke. under 60 million for 22 players? Are you kidding me? You can't have a team cap of 56 million while having a player cap of 7 million, it just doesnt work. Chicago will have to dump salary for next season, so I can see them moving some of the following players... Sharp, Byfuglien, Versteeg, Barker.

I will take Versteeg on the Canes:D

In all seriousness, I hope they do win it this year as you are right, it is sad that you cant keep a nucleus together. That is the life in todays NHL

Broncolingus
01-26-2010, 09:10 PM
...That is the life in todays NHL

Yup...

weazel
01-27-2010, 01:25 PM
That's what my buddy told me, you're right, that the kid took over and realized that he had to spend money.

And when he said "we got Scotty Bowman" I said "that will only lead to good places". I still remember seeing the picture in our local paper back in 1990 of Craig Patrick, Scotty Bowman and "Badger" Bob Johnson posing atop a building in Pittsburgh when they joined the Penguins and I remember thinking "it's only a matter of time" and that season we won the Cup....

And another thrilling win over the Rangers tonight with Fleury back in goal!

damn I loved Badger... "It's a great day for hockey"

weazel
01-27-2010, 01:29 PM
I will take Versteeg on the Canes:D

that could very well happen...

Medford Bronco
01-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Canes keep winning. I am not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing lol

I just dont want them to blow a chance at a top 3 pick. They are within 3 pts of Toronto and 3 ahead of Edmonton. yes there are lots of games left but they seem to have played better since Jan 1 (7-5). Back to back 5-1 wins must stand for something right. I do root for them and am just being facieous about my first sentence :lol:

Staal has been on fire since being named captain. I think he has 7 goals in 4 games.

Ward has been much better as well. He was great tonight vs the Rangers, (although the Rangers cant hit water from a boat right now lol)

Biz1
01-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Canes keep winning. I am not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing lol

I just dont want them to blow a chance at a top 3 pick. They are within 3 pts of Toronto and 3 ahead of Edmonton. yes there are lots of games left but they seem to have played better since Jan 1 (7-5). Back to back 5-1 wins must stand for something right. I do root for them and am just being facieous about my first sentence :lol:

Staal has been on fire since being named captain. I think he has 7 goals in 4 games.

Ward has been much better as well. He was great tonight vs the Rangers, (although the Rangers cant hit water from a boat right now lol)

Canes Vs. Hawks in 2 hours!

Medford Bronco
01-31-2010, 08:11 AM
Canes Vs. Hawks in 2 hours!

and of all things Canes won:shocked:

They are actually playing like a team now. Ward is on fire.

Chicago still had a 5-3 road trip and will be fine and hopefully win the Cup:beer:

East Coast Fan
01-31-2010, 09:27 AM

Chicago still had a 5-3 road trip and will be fine and hopefully win the Cup:beer:

You better tell them they're gonna blow their chances at the top pick!!!!:lol:

Just kidding...must be something with that Staal kid...maybe that family is pretty good at hockey or something...:D

BIG rematch at home vs. the Dead Wings on National TV today....we gotta get going now after Ottawa whacked us the other night...get some consistency going, get Malkin going who has been too quiet so far this season. Maybe he's saving it for the playoffs, but he has to get started now...

"LET'S GO PENS" :cheer2::clap2::laser:

Biz1
01-31-2010, 10:27 AM

I'm not surprised. Not to make any excuses for being outplayed last night(b/c they were), but that road trip was brutal. I don't know why the NHL can't seem to group these road games by region rather than running teams from coast to coast. At any rate, hopefully the W will give the Canes something to build upon.

Hawks should still win the Cup!:beer:

BroncoAV06
01-31-2010, 04:33 PM
The Flames came away with a whole new 2nd line from Toronto in exchange for Dion Phaneuf. Struggled this year but has all the talent you want in a blue liner. Flames hoping the shake up can end there 9 game skid.

Leafs also get JSG from the Ducks for Toskola and Blake.

Leafs gave away all their chips in 2 deals but came out ok if Dion returns to his old self.

(On phone no links)

East Coast Fan
01-31-2010, 07:48 PM
Nice win over Detroit today in a game that looked like a playoff game with tight checking and low scoring although we threw a lot of shots at their goalie Howard who did a pretty good job. Once it went to a shootout I figured we had 'em, as it's tough to beat the Pens in a shootout with those snipers and Fleury in goal. It was good to see Malkin get the game-winner as he has been unusually quiet this season; I know he had a shoulder injury months ago and perhaps that is nagging him or something else but he isn't dominating teams but he should get hot again. But I am really impressed with Crosby who worked on his shooting and has become quite the goal scorer (2 today) as well as a playmaker. And last year he worked on his faceoffs; it is heartening to see a young player and captain really put in the work to improve his game-I'm sure Big Mario had something to do with it too, but hats off to "Sid the Kid" for his desire and leadership abilities.

As one of you Avs fans said last season when they lost the Cup to us:

"UP YOURS DETROIT"....AGAIN :D :lol:

"LET'S GO PENS" :elefant::cheer2:

East Coast Fan
02-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Another nice win last night at home vs. Buffalo. They got out to a 3-1 lead and I thought that the Detroit game might've taken something out of us, but we turned it on, especially Crosby-big night. He just continues to impress...

BIG game coming up Sunday for us at Washington...should be a good one.

Let's keep rollin' and get Kunitz and Talbot back into the lineup...

Medford Bronco
02-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Canes look like crap. I just am not sure what to root for. Losses for Taylor Hall or wins to get confidence in the boys. Oh well.....:lol:

btw the Edmonton fans are great. they support their team through good and bad times. My hats off to them :salute:

btw nice win ECF over the slugs :D

pnbronco
02-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Canes look like crap. I just am not sure what to root for. Losses for Taylor Hall or wins to get confidence in the boys. Oh well.....:lol:

btw the Edmonton fans are great. they support their team through good and bad times. My hats off to them :salute:

btw nice win ECF over the slugs :D

I remember several years ago when the Avs missed the playoffs by 1/2 of a point, that was the worst. Last year was oh well at least we get a good pick in the draft.

I always admire fans who stick by their team in good and bad, I agree Med...:salute:

I saw Sacco yesterday but he was in a real hurry, going to lunch with the other coaches so I just said that his home town was really proud of him and you were supporting him. He said Thank You....

Medford Bronco
02-04-2010, 08:57 AM
I guess its back to losing again. Calgary dominated.

Oh well..........Lets get Taylor Hall then if this is the case.

I will still hope for wins but my expectations are now not high any more.
Cant leave Cam Ward out to dry like last night and expect much.

Kiprasoff was good for the flames. Good short term trades for them.

Go Canes vs the Slugs on Friday.

tough loss for the Hawks yesterday as well.

BroncoAV06
02-05-2010, 01:33 AM
Damn ******** in New Jersey. I know Super Kov was a pipe dream but he was what the Avs needed a straight up goal scorer. Well maybe we can land him as a FA if NJ fails to keep him and not lose anything!

Medford Bronco
02-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Damn ******** in New Jersey. I know Super Kov was a pipe dream but he was what the Avs needed a straight up goal scorer. Well maybe we can land him as a FA if NJ fails to keep him and not lose anything!

I would not hold my breath. He turned down $101 million for 12 years in Atl.

He wants Ov and and Crosby money and he is not as good as those two that is for sure. They can hit and kill penalties. He does not do that.

pnbronco
02-05-2010, 08:45 AM

I didn't even think of him being a Av since part of the reason we traded Symth was to cut salary. Kroenke made it really clear at the end of last season that they had to get the salaries down. I was afraid that the moves Calgary was making was to free up money for Kov.

Man WA is on a roll, Ovie is just scary good. Going to be really interesting the rest of the season.

BroncoAV06
02-05-2010, 12:39 PM
You can score 50+ goals on my team any time. I do get that the money he wants does not add up to his total game. He is a good fit for NJ since they already do the other things well other then score goals.

Flatinum
02-05-2010, 01:10 PM
I would not hold my breath. He turned down $101 million for 12 years in Atl.

He wants Ov and and Crosby money and he is not as good as those two that is for sure. They can hit and kill penalties. He does not do that.

He also turned down a 7yr - $70 Million which would have made him the highest paid player. He's an elite player - but he's no OV or Crosby.

Medford Bronco
02-05-2010, 04:02 PM
I am glad the Canes called up Boychuck. I hope he does well the rest of the year. Tlusty got sent down due to inconsistent play.

pnbronco
02-05-2010, 09:00 PM
I am glad the Canes called up Boychuck. I hope he does well the rest of the year. Tlusty got sent down due to inconsistent play.

I like Boychuck a lot, I hope this works out for him.

East Coast Fan
02-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Not such a great showing today in Montreal; probably looking past that game and at tomorrow's matchup with the Capitals, IF it will be played because of the snowstorm.

Hopefully, we look better than today....:tsk:

Medford Bronco
02-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Whats up with the Canes winning back to back road games.

Unfathomable :lol:

I just still want a chance at Taylor Hall but I think the Oilers will get him.

Toronto looks like a better team since their trade as well. Guigere (a former Whaler draft pick back in the day) looks much better.

The Bruins look like crap. 10 straight losses. ouch.

pnbronco
02-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Whats up with the Canes winning back to back road games.

Unfathomable :lol:

I just still want a chance at Taylor Hall but I think the Oilers will get him.

Toronto looks like a better team since their trade as well. Guigere (a former Whaler draft pick back in the day) looks much better.

The Bruins look like crap. 10 straight losses. ouch.

I didn't realize that you had gotten ahead of the Oiler that much. Oh well I think I remember reading that the 1, 2 and 3rd this year would all be really good.

That was a great game between WA and the Penns. I felt like I was watching a preview for the ECF.

SR
02-07-2010, 04:36 PM
He also turned down a 7yr - $70 Million which would have made him the highest paid player. He's an elite player - but he's no OV or Crosby.

Glad to see you back. Remember when you said Craig Anderson wasn't going cut it as a starter for Colorado? :laugh:

BroncoAV06
02-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Well Med Avs did enough to miss out on Stamkos and ended up with Matt D. Not a bad trade off at all.

underrated29
02-08-2010, 12:10 PM
I still cant believe the pens, let the caps back in that one. 4-1, then to let them come back. wow.

The Caps are just freaking Unstoppable right now.

pnbronco
02-08-2010, 12:34 PM
I still cant believe the pens, let the caps back in that one. 4-1, then to let them come back. wow.

The Caps are just freaking Unstoppable right now.

I only saw the last 8 minutes of the game and it was amazing. I didn't realize the Pens were up 4-1. I agree UR I think the Caps are unstoppable and I have not seen anyone that I think could play them in a series and win.

How did Theo do overall? He didn't seem like their strongest player what little I saw.

East Coast Fan
02-08-2010, 02:23 PM

Yes, we have had a penchant for blowing leads this season, and unfortunately it resurfaced yesterday against a very good Caps team. I did not see the whole game because we had indoor soccer practice, but I read that Orpik got called for a questionable penalty that lead to the overtime game-winning goal. BUT you cannot let teams come back from 4-1, but Ovechkin is really cookin' now, as is Crosby...

Medford Bronco
02-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Yes, we have had a penchant for blowing leads this season, and unfortunately it resurfaced yesterday against a very good Caps team. I did not see the whole game because we had indoor soccer practice, but I read that Orpik got called for a questionable penalty that lead to the overtime game-winning goal. BUT you cannot let teams come back from 4-1, but Ovechkin is really cookin' now, as is Crosby...

tough loss man but you guys have a lot of time to straighten things out

Pitt is too good not to at least win 1 round.

we shall see what happens.

Caps are en fuego now. 14 straight wins. Impressive.

Medford Bronco
02-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Well Med Avs did enough to miss out on Stamkos and ended up with Matt D. Not a bad trade off at all.

Not bad but I think Stamkos is better still IMHO.

Did you mean Tavares? Stamkos was drafted in 08 and is on pace for 40 goals this year
Duschene and Tavares are about the same so far but Duschene plays on a better team

Victor Hedman of the Lightning maybe? I like Matt D better now but who knows
down the road. Samsonov was great as a rook with Boston and then kind of petered off
in his career.

we shall see. The Avs look good now. I am happy for all of you guys. :salute:

East Coast Fan
02-08-2010, 03:52 PM
tough loss man but you guys have a lot of time to straighten things out

Pitt is too good not to at least win 1 round.

we shall see what happens.

Caps are en fuego now. 14 straight wins. Impressive.

Oh yeah, lots of time left in the regular season. Plus, they had their hotel plans disrupted because of the snow and had to charter bus it into town, but they still let it slip away. It'll be an interesting game next time they face each other...

Medford Bronco
02-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Is hell going to freeze over. The Canes have won 4 straight and are 12-6 since Jan 1st.

And they have won 4 in a row without Ward.

Beating the Slugs in OT is always sweet as well.

Flatinum
02-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Med -

Matt Cullen to Ottawa for D - Alex Picard and a 2nd rounder.

Done deal.

weazel
02-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Med -

Done deal.

and Cullen helped his new team before leaving, by scoring the game winner against Buffalo last night and moving Ottawa ahead of them. heh

Medford Bronco
02-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Med -

Done deal.

How good is Picard.

I know Cullen is an unrestricted after 2010 so get something for him
is good.

I wonder if Whitney will be next?

Thanks Flat:beer:

pnbronco
02-13-2010, 12:05 AM
Another trade from NHL.com

The Chicago Blackhawks got a little older and a bit more offensive on their blue line Friday, acquiring veteran defenseman Kim Johnsson from the Minnesota Wild in exchange for defenseman Cam Barker.

The Blackhawks also received the rights to Nick Leddy, the Wild's 2009 first-round pick.

Johnsson, 33, has 14 points in 52 games, but has three seasons with at least 10 goals, and three with at least 30 points. In 10 NHL seasons with the Rangers, Flyers and Wild, Johnsson has 66 goals and 281 points. He also has 12 points in 43 Stanley Cup Playoff games.

pnbronco
02-14-2010, 12:44 AM
Med what in the world. You guys beat the Devils????? I'm sure the Devils are going..........:confused:

weazel
02-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Barker would still be a Blackhawk if he didn't take the low road in the off-season and fight the RFA signing that showed up late to his door. Good riddance to Barker, no more give aways in front of our own net! Lets hope Versteeg is next.

Medford Bronco
02-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Barker would still be a Blackhawk if he didn't take the low road in the off-season and fight the RFA signing that showed up late to his door. Good riddance to Barker, no more give aways in front of our own net! Lets hope Versteeg is next.

You dont like Versteeg. Just curious why?

He has some nice skill IMO

btw what is up with the Canes winning 5 in a row and 4 without Cam Ward.

I love this Peeters kid playing goal. Also happy Boychuck got his 1st NHL goal finally. I know they wont make the playoffs, but it wont be from lack of trying.

they are like 14-6 since Jan 1 I believe and are on a 9-2 run.

East Coast Fan
02-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Med what in the world. You guys beat the Devils????? I'm sure the Devils are going..........:confused:

And we couldn't take advantage of it-losing again in OT, this time to Nashville in a shootout.

We better get moving after the Olympic break. I know we're in good shape, but I am seeing little signs of little cracks in the armor that have to get fixed before the playoffs. Oh well, at least we're getting a point when we go to OT; we're not losing, but we're not winning either.

LET'S WAKE UP, BOYS.....

weazel
02-16-2010, 12:35 PM
You dont like Versteeg. Just curious why?

He has some nice skill IMO

btw what is up with the Canes winning 5 in a row and 4 without Cam Ward.

I love this Peeters kid playing goal. Also happy Boychuck got his 1st NHL goal finally. I know they wont make the playoffs, but it wont be from lack of trying.

they are like 14-6 since Jan 1 I believe and are on a 9-2 run.

It's not that I dont like him, but he gives the puck away far too often and costs the team scoring chances. Also, he and Barker both pulled that RFA shit last summer which basically screwed Chicago on the cap. 4 other players just signed the papers and went with the flow, Barker and Versteeg got greedy and are now paid more than they are worth.

Buff
02-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Apparently we just hired this guy's sister--

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8471681

weazel
02-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Apparently we just hired this guy's sister--

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8471681

Skille will be playing alot more next season, once they have widdled some higher salaries down.

SR
02-23-2010, 07:44 PM
I'm ready for the Olympics to be over so the season can get back under way.

weazel
02-25-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm ready for the Olympics to be over so the season can get back under way.

not me, this has been great hockey! There hasn't been one bad game, and you guys might win it all if Miller keeps playing like he is. Man, the Canadian team was getting alot of flack for that loss to the US, but it wasn't deserved. They beat the US in almost every aspect of that game but Miller was lights out!

Might be a CAN - USA rematch for gold, can't wait! (although I won't be able to watch it, gonna be skiing that day)

Buff
02-25-2010, 11:51 AM
not me, this has been great hockey! There hasn't been one bad game, and you guys might win it all if Miller keeps playing like he is. Man, the Canadian team was getting alot of flack for that loss to the US, but it wasn't deserved. They beat the US in almost every aspect of that game but Miller was lights out!

Might be a CAN - USA rematch for gold, can't wait! (although I won't be able to watch it, gonna be skiing that day)

When is the gold medal game? Sunday?

weazel
02-25-2010, 02:12 PM
When is the gold medal game? Sunday?

*** Sunday 1:15 MST ***

Buff
02-25-2010, 02:13 PM
Sunday 7:00 MST

The hockey gold medal game is always the last sporting event at the winter olympics.

Hopefully the Americans will still have time to trash their rooms if we lose.

(Assuming we beat Finland)

weazel
02-25-2010, 02:15 PM

Actually, I got thinking about it and that time is impossible... the closing ceremonies start about that time.

The Gold medal game is at 1:15 MST on Sunday. Sorry about that.

I definitely won't be watching it, I will be skiing

weazel
02-25-2010, 02:17 PM

Chelios isn't there... won't happen this time. LOL

Buff
02-25-2010, 02:22 PM
How old is Chelios these days? Like 64?

SR
02-25-2010, 03:10 PM
I'll be able to watch it then if it's Sunday. I'll get to Rapid City on Saturday. Not having TV since Monday has sucked. I was super in to the Olympics this year. And I'm going to miss The Office tonight. FML.

pnbronco
03-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Man Phoenix has been busy today with the trades. I'm kind of surprised with them doing so well up till now.

Anybody surprised with what happened today????

Medford Bronco
03-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Man Phoenix has been busy today with the trades. I'm kind of surprised with them doing so well up till now.

Anybody surprised with what happened today????

I was surprised Boston did zero to improve their pathetic scoring

and that the Canes kept Whitney. I think his NTC held them up.

they did dump some salary and traded the Avs Yelle.
How good is the prospect they got from colorado? Cedric LaLonde-McNicol

The only other player that I will miss is Corvo

Alberts is okay
Aaron Ward is at the end of his career
Walker is gritty but far from a great player

I am also glad that Boychuck will probably stay the rest of the year finally.

I just want them to do their best. Heck this Peters kid in net looks
good and will be Cam Wards backup next season and that is great news
as the Canes have never had a good backup since coming to Carolina from HFD.

The only year they had more than one good goalie in Carolina was 05-06 when Gerber had a career year and Cam Ward was a serviceable rookie
until lighting up to win the Cup

underrated29
03-04-2010, 01:33 PM
I am sorry med. I do not know anything about the prospect we sent you..... I feel ashamed.

But good luck with him. Hope he pans out for ya.

East Coast Fan
03-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Ray Shero is at it again-adding a 19 goal-scorer and a veteran defenseman to shore us up right before the playoffs. I like the moves; if Shero is right like he usually is he's a freakin' genius....

"LET'S GO PENS" BRING 'EM ON, ONE AT A TIME...WE AIN'T SCARED A NUTTIN' :D:elefant:

Medford Bronco
03-04-2010, 04:40 PM
I am sorry med. I do not know anything about the prospect we sent you..... I feel ashamed.

But good luck with him. Hope he pans out for ya.

Thats okay we sent you a propect as well that I know nothing about lol

East Coast Fan
03-05-2010, 06:50 AM
Got to see the Pens-Rangers on Versus last night-bombs away! 55 shots on goal! Wow...and the Rangers were actually winning 4-2 at one point because Fleury looked pretty bad, giving up some softies. Then he's pulled, Johnson goes in and faces only 4 shots the rest of the way! Pens outshoot them something like 19-1 in the 3rd; you just knew that the dam had to break and it finally did in OT with Malkin's PP blast. And of course lots of boos and chants of "Crosby sucks" from some of the classless fans-they must've learned that chant from the Criers fans.

I wish that I could suck like that....

"LET'S GO PENS"

Medford Bronco
03-05-2010, 11:18 AM
What is up with the Canes winning 7 in a row. I just wish they did this earlier
so they can make the playoffs. it is still a very long shot with 19 games left

pnbronco
03-05-2010, 11:25 AM
What is up with the Canes winning 7 in a row. I just wish they did this earlier
so they can make the playoffs. it is still a very long shot with 19 games left

Good luck Med they have showed life when it would have been just as easy to roll over and get the draft. That can only take the into next season.

East Coast Fan
03-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Okay Med, it's time to confess-what are you planning on doing with Crosby's stick and gloves that he scored the game-winning Olympic goal with, hmmm?? I saw on TV this morning that he threw them up in the air and they haven't been seen since, and they're offering a $10,000 reward "no questions asked" for their return!! It HAD to be you, right???!!

Whatever you do, PLEASE don't give them to a Criers fan!!!!

Just funnin' with you, as you know...:lol:

6-3 comeback win over Dallas yesterday-Fleury STILL looks a little out of sorts, giving up a few bad ones again. Get it out of your system, Marc-Andre-we NEED you sharp again!!! Bleeping Olympic break threw the kid off....

"LET'S GO PENS"!!!! :cheer2::balloons:

Medford Bronco
03-08-2010, 11:06 AM
ECF good win for you but I was kind of diappointed in Matt Cookes cheap shot on Savard. No need for that. Oh well its hockey I guess but it can be scary.

My canes are still on fire with 12 wins in 15 games but are still a very long shot to get in.

good luck to all teams here. I love the NHL playoffs a lot

:salute:

East Coast Fan
03-08-2010, 04:15 PM
ECF good win for you but I was kind of diappointed in Matt Cookes cheap shot on Savard. No need for that. Oh well its hockey I guess but it can be scary.

My canes are still on fire with 12 wins in 15 games but are still a very long shot to get in.

:salute:

Yeah, he's gotta watch himself. He's been involved in some "questionable" things lately, and even as a Pens fan I gotta question some of it. He brings grit and attitude, but he borders on "dirty" and I really see no need for that either.

Yeah, what's up with your Canes? You never know...

"LET'S GO PENS" :D

East Coast Fan
03-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Good luck tonight Med as we cruise into town to play your red-hot Canes! We've won 4 in a row, so it should be interesting. Maybe Ronnie Francis will suit up, but I don't know for which team! :lol:

I hope that we aren't looking past you guys as we have a HUGE game tomorrow night at New Jersey; if we win it we can pretty much sink 'em for getting first place-if not sink 'em at the least put a BIG hole in their ship...

"LET'S GO PENS" :salute:

weazel
03-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Good luck tonight Med as we cruise into town to play your red-hot Canes! We've won 4 in a row, so it should be interesting. Maybe Ronnie Francis will suit up, but I don't know for which team! :lol:

I hope that we aren't looking past you guys as we have a HUGE game tomorrow night at New Jersey; if we win it we can pretty much sink 'em for getting first place-if not sink 'em at the least put a BIG hole in their ship...

"LET'S GO PENS" :salute:

New Jersey is done. They over played Brodeur and he is looking very worn.

underrated29
03-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Avs got....Blues? Kings? someone tonight and we MUST freaking win! we have dropped so many points since the break.

We are like 1-4 or 1-5. All or most were just let downs late in the game too. Sacco better have the guys minds right for tonight!

Playoff hockey has officially begun for the avs.