PDA

View Full Version : Sauerbrun in trouble?

Denver Native (Carol)
12-10-2007, 09:25 AM
http://dailycamera.com/news/2007/dec/10/broncos-sauerbrun-cited-assault/

Broncos' Sauerbrun cited in Cherry Creek assault

By Jeff Legwold and Marilyn Robinson, Rocky Mountain News
Originally published 06:44 a.m., December 10, 2007
Updated 06:44 a.m., December 10, 2007

Broncos punter Todd Sauerbrun, who was suspended for four games in the 2006 season for violating the NFL's steroids and other banned substances policy, could now face more league discipline.

Sauerbrun was cited for simple assault early Saturday for an incident outside a Cherry Creek restaurant, according to the Denver Police Department.

Broncos coach Mike Shanahan could not be reached Sunday night for official comment. Broncos spokesman Jim Saccomano said the team was aware of an incident but would have no comment.

Denver police spokesman John White said Sauerbrun was cited and taken to a detox facility before being released. He was not jailed.

The charge is a municipal ordinance violation, and Sauerbrun will be required to appear in Denver County Court in two weeks, White said.

Sources said Sunday night that Sauerbrun had called for a cab as he was leaving a Cherry Creek North restaurant, believed to be Ocean, at about 12:30 a.m., but he was asked to get out of the cab shortly after it arrived because of what was described as belligerent behavior.

The lounge at Ocean, according to the restaurant's Web site, is open until midnight Friday and Saturday.

The Broncos were investigating whether Sauerbrun struck the driver of the cab in the back of the head after being ordered out of the vehicle.

Sauerbrun played Sunday in the Broncos' 41-7 victory over the Chiefs but could not be reached following the game.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has instituted a tougher discipline policy this season and has said publicly he would be stricter on those he considered to be repeat offenders.

Sauerbrun could fall into that category since he was arrested for driving while impaired, speeding and driving without a license in December 2004 in Charlotte, N.C., while he was with the Carolina Panthers.

Sauerbrun pleaded guilty to the DWI charge and was placed on one year's probation and fined $100 just one week after the 2005 trade that brought him to the Broncos.

He has consistently called that arrest "embarrassing" and a "wake-up" call.

Sauerbrun played in all 16 games, in addition to two playoff games, for the Broncos in the 2005 season.

He was then suspended for the first four games last season for taking what he said was a tainted supplement after a workout.

The Broncos released him after he returned from the suspension, and he played two regular-season and three playoff games for the New England Patriots.

The Broncos then re-signed Sauerbrun in free agency earlier this year.
Comments

Retired_Member_001
12-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Sourbrun is an idiot, simple as.

I come back to my "What has Champ Bailey and Todd Sourbrun got in common joke?" Bailey wears 24# Sourbrun has an IQ of 24.

I doubt Sourbrun even has an IQ of 24. We should just cut the fat peice of lard and be done with him.

SR
12-10-2007, 10:31 AM
He's not fat....

topscribe
12-10-2007, 11:19 AM
This joker has got to go. :tsk:

-----

Mike
12-10-2007, 11:23 AM
He's not fat....

He's just big-boned.

SR
12-10-2007, 11:37 AM
He's just big-boned.

He's built like a brick shite house for a kicker...

Hawgdriver
12-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Ah, the punter's lot. No one wants to go drinking with the punter cos...well, he's a punter.

Seriously--where's the mutual support from the other Broncos? Yeah, the guy's an idiot, but they need to look out for each other.

underrated29
12-10-2007, 01:15 PM
i like him! Hes to valuable for us to let him go. he has got the big boot, and can punt the ball forever, giving us great field position.(if we could ever cover the kicks).

Plus like sr said,the man is huge! remember what he did to the pats! If he doesnt fall down making trying to make a tackle, he can really lay the wood.

Lonestar
12-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Lets see he was cited for abuse of a weight loss product way back.

He had a few drinks and called a cab.

Sounds like he was trying to do the right thing.

Did he indeed hit the raiders fan that was driving the cab? well that is for the courts to decide..

SR
12-10-2007, 02:08 PM
I can't blame him if he did. Hell, I'd probably do the same thing with a few drinks in my system.

Nomad
12-10-2007, 02:15 PM

Did he indeed hit the raiders fan that was driving the cab? well that is for the courts to decide..

I would of hit the Raider fan too, especially the beating the BRONCOS received the Sunday before.

I wish Saurbran would have a little more support like some of the other cancers of this team! He did the right thing by taking a cab.

omac
12-10-2007, 02:17 PM

Maybe the cabbie mentioned something about kicking it to Hester .... :D

SR
12-10-2007, 02:43 PM
Maybe the cabbie mentioned something about kicking it to Hester .... :D

LOL!

Todd: I need to go to ____________________

Cabbie: You're that kicker guy from Denver right?

Todd: Yessiree Bob

Cabbie: WTH were you kicking it to Hester for you arse?

***Todd punches THROUGH the plexi glass between the front and back, knocking the cabbie clean out***

omac
12-10-2007, 02:44 PM
LOL!

Todd: I need to go to ____________________

Cabbie: You're that kicker guy from Denver right?

Todd: Yessiree Bob

Cabbie: WTH were you kicking it to Hester for you arse?

***Todd punches THROUGH the plexi glass between the front and back, knocking the cabbie clean out***

Funny thing is, that could've really happened. :D

Lonestar
12-10-2007, 02:49 PM
sounds like another Jake vs the moron story.. Some schmuck trying to make more than a tip.

Mike
12-10-2007, 03:04 PM
sounds like another Jake vs the moron story.. Some schmuck trying to make more than a tip.

More like..."Hey schmuck, get outta my cab. I lost $$$ on your *bleepin* debacle in Chicago."

Lonestar
12-10-2007, 05:47 PM
More like..."Hey schmuck, get outta my cab. I lost $$$ on your *bleeping* debacle in Chicago."

While being a celeb has its moments times like this makes me feel sorry for them..

I really want to believe that he was doing the right thing by trying to take a cab. Then to have someone try and jack you after you have had a toddy or two to many..

This cab drivers 15 minutes of fame..

topscribe
12-10-2007, 06:07 PM

You're right, of course. I may have been wrong with my knee-jerk reaction.

What better opportunity can one have than to sue someone with money and
eat at places cab drivers can't afford?

-----

BaiLeY324
12-10-2007, 07:14 PM
He's built like a brick shite house for a kicker...

Word, he's a punter hidden in a LBs body.

He's not fat at all

Lonestar
12-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Word, he's a punter hidden in a LBs body.

He's not fat at all

He is a pretty good sized guy with a lot more muscle tone that one expects from a kicker..

Most kickers come from the soccer side of sports.. I suspect he played football mostly and then on the side played soccer..

BANJOPICKER1
12-10-2007, 09:13 PM
i like him! Hes to valuable for us to let him go. he has got the big boot, and can punt the ball forever, giving us great field position.(if we could ever cover the kicks).

Plus like sr said,the man is huge! remember what he did to the pats! If he doesnt fall down making trying to make a tackle, he can really lay the wood.
I agree here,I think he is great,not so smart but great..I think during the Chicago game he was told where to kick,I do not think he decided all by his lonesome..I am happy to have him..He has the boot!:D

Den21vsBal19
12-10-2007, 09:26 PM
You've gotta wonder in this day & age :tsk:

sneakers
12-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Hahahahaha...someone should tell him he's a punter...a punter who makes 1.4 million dollars.

Lonestar
12-10-2007, 10:47 PM
I agree here,I think he is great,not so smart but great..I think during the Chicago game he was told where to kick,I do not think he decided all by his lonesome..I am happy to have him..He has the boot!:D

He was indeed told where to kick during the game. He said it all, on a Q & A on Broncos web page.. Ask Todd and that was one of the questions..