PDA

View Full Version : Clady-Seymour

Superchop 7
09-27-2009, 09:33 PM
This is the story of how Raiders' new defensive end Richard Seymour pulled a guy's hair during today's game. To be specific, he pulled the hair of Broncos offensive tackle Ryan Clady, whose hair descended below the bottom of his helmet. Seymour got his team penalized 14 yards for the hair pull and two plays later Denver scored a TD to go ahead 20-3.

After the game I went over to Seymour in the locker room. Here is our dialogue.

Cohn: May I ask you a question? You were penalized for pulling a guy's hair. I've never in my life been aware of anything like that. Can I trouble you to tell me what happened?

Seymour: Did you see the game?

Cohn: I was there. Was it a mistake?

Seymour? It was no mistake.

Cohn: You were pissed?

Seymour: It wasn't no mistake, brother. Next question.

Cohn: Is there something wrong with the question? Why did you do it?

Seymour: You asked if it was a mistake and I told you no. Get out of here.

Cohn: Why do I get out of here? You don't like to talk about that.

Seymour: Get out of here.

Cohn: I'm not getting out of here.

At this point Raiders public relations guy Mike Taylor, who had heard none of the dialogue between Seymour and me, came over and said, "Lowell, would you remove yourself? If you stay here he's not talking."

It was clear to me Seymour would talk to the group of reporters who had gathered to interview to him. I stood quietly so they could ask their questions. It seemed to me Taylor would not let them ask because I was there. Taylor said Seymour later told him he would not talk if I was there - Seymour may have said that. But I honestly believed he would speak until Taylor made a big deal and transformed a disagreement between two men into a major event.

You may ask why I did not leave when Seymour said, "Get out of here." I do not like to be spoken to like that. I don't believe athletes have license to be rude. Taylor said I incited Seymour. I believe Seymour incited himself. I believe he was answerable for what he did on the field. Taylor said I am not welcome around the Raiders. We'll see about that.

Taylor later told me, "You did something wrong. I don't know what you did; you did something wrong. It wasn't cool. And that's where it is."

Taylor was in no position to know what I did as he was a latecomer to my conversation with Seymour. You've read the dialogue. Judge for yourselves.

By the way, I did leave. But Taylor still did not allow Seymour to talk to the other journalists. I apologize to my colleagues if I interrupted their work.

Later Taylor accosted me in the press box and berated me for about 10 minutes while I was attempting to write. He kept saying I had incited his player. He called me an unflattering name. I offered to tell him my side of the story but he didn't listen, kept talking about my incitement. At a certain point I felt he was harassing me so I put in my ear pieces and began listening to my taped interviews while he kept telling other journalists, who were trying to work, that I had incited Seymour.

I can tell you I never have experiences like these with teams other than the Raiders.

sc pressdemocrat

Shazam!
09-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Proof that wearing a Rayduuhs uniform turns you into a piece of trash.

Also, I think you need a new user title SC, unless you'd prefer Denver not to be 3-0.

Day1BroncoFan
09-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Seymour is a little punk that couldn't get passed Clady so he through a tantrum.

Didn't take him long to become a radiot.

Superchop 7
09-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Defensive stats (that would be ZERO in the sack department)

T. Branch 8-2 0.0 0 0
T. Howard 7-1 0.0 0 0
K. Morrison 7-2 0.0 0 0
R. Brown 4-3 0.0 0 1
M. Huff 3-0 0.0 0 0
M. Mitchell 3-0 0.0 0 0
R. Seymour 3-0 0.0 0 0
N. Asomugha 2-0 0.0 0 0
G. Ellis 2-0 0.0 0 0
C. Johnson 2-0 0.0 0 0
D. Bryant 1-0 0.0 0 0
T. Kelly 1-2 0.0 0 0
S. Routt 1-0 0.0 0 0
T. Scott 1-1 0.0 0 0
G. Warren 1-0 0.0 0 0
Total First Downs 21 Total First Downs 9
By Rushing 9 By Rushing 4
By Passing 10 By Passing 4
By Penalty By Penalty
Third Down Efficiency 5/12 - 41% Third Down Efficiency 3/10 - 30%
Fourth Down Efficiency 1/2 - 50% Fourth Down Efficiency 1/2 - 50%
Total Net Yards 372 Total Net Yards 137
Total Rushing/Passing Plays (includes Sacks) 68 Total Rushing/Passing Plays (includes Sacks) 47
Average Gain per Offensive Play 5.5 Average Gain per Offensive Play 2.9
Net Yards Rushing 215 Net Yards Rushing 95
Total Rushing Plays 45 Total Rushing Plays 23
Average Gain per Rushing Play 4.8 Average Gain per Rushing Play 4.1
Tackled for a Loss (Number-Yards) 2--3 Tackled for a Loss (Number-Yards) 2--8
Net Yards Passing 157 Net Yards Passing 42
Times Sacked (Number-Yards) 0 - 0 Times Sacked (Number-Yards) 3 - 19
Gross Yards Passing 157 Gross Yards Passing 61
Pass Comp-Att-Int 13 - 23 - 0 Pass Comp-Att-Int 12 - 21 - 2
Average Gain per Passing Play (includes Sacks) 6.8 Average Gain per Passing Play (includes Sacks) 1.8
Kickoffs (Number-In End Zone-Touchbacks) 6 - 6 - 3 Kickoffs (Number-In End Zone-Touchbacks) 2 - 2 - 1
Punts (Number-Average) 2 - 40.5 Punts (Number-Average) 4 - 47.5
Blocked 0 Blocked 0
Net Punting Average 27.0 Net Punting Average 42.3
FGs Blocked - PATs Blocked 0 - 0 FGs Blocked - PATs Blocked 0 - 0
Total Return Yardage (excludes Kickoffs) 69 Total Return Yardage (excludes Kickoffs) 7
Punt Returns (Number-Yards) 2 - 21 Punt Returns (Number-Yards) 1 - 7
Kickoff Returns (Number-Yards) 1 - 25 Kickoff Returns (Number-Yards) 3 - 66
Interception Returns (Number-Yards) 2 - 48 Interception Returns (Number-Yards) 0 - 0
Penalties (Number-Yards) 5 - 30 Penalties (Number-Yards) 6 - 53
Fumbles (Number-Lost) 1 - 1 Fumbles (Number-Lost) 3 - 1
Touchdowns 2 Touchdowns 0
Rushing 1 Rushing 0
Passing 1 Passing 0
Interceptions 0 Interceptions 0
Kickoff Returns 0 Kickoff Returns 0
Fumble Returns 0 Fumble Returns 0
Punt Returns 0 Punt Returns 0
Extra Points (Made-Attempted) 2 - 2 Extra Points (Made-Attempted) 0 - 0
Kicking (Made-Attempted) 2 - 2 Kicking (Made-Attempted) 0 - 0
Two Point Conversions (Made-Attempted) 0 - 0 Two Point Conversions (Made-Attempted) 0 - 0
Field Goals (Made-Attempted) 3 - 3 Field Goals (Made-Attempted) 1 - 1
Red Zone Efficiency 2/6 - 33% Red Zone Efficiency 0/1 - 0%
Goal To Go Efficiency 1/3 - 33% Goal To Go Efficiency 0/0 - 0%
Safeties 0 Safeties 0
Final Score 23 Final Score 3
Time of Possession 36:15 Time of Possession 23:45
Scoring Summary1st Quarter
TD B.Marshall 2 yd. pass from K.Orton (M.Prater kick) (6-23, 2:46)
WATCH HIGHLIGHT
FG M.Prater 48 yd. Field Goal (4-4, 0:48)
2nd Quarter
FG S.Janikowski 48 yd. Field Goal (12-56, 8:23)
FG M.Prater 21 yd. Field Goal (11-76, 5:28)
3rd Quarter
TD K.Moreno 7 yd. run (M.Prater kick) (8-80, 4:03)
WATCH HIGHLIGHT
4th Quarter
FG M.Prater 24 yd. Field Goal (16-88, 8:08)

Game Center Feedback >

Featured Categories NFL Total Access
NFL Top Ten
Game Highlights
Can't-Miss Plays
Fantasy Files

Team Categories

SC NFL.COM

Superchop 7
09-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Denver Broncos offensive tackle Ryan Clady is on the cusp of NFL history. Currently riding the league’s longest consecutive game streak without allowing a full sack (18 games), Clady has a once-and-only opportunity to rewrite the NFL record books at his position and become immortalized in league annals.

If Clady can continue his sackless streak this week, he will be tied for the most consecutive games without giving up a sack to start an NFL career.

Another sackless effort in Week Four, and Clady will stand alone.

Like any good hero story, though, Clady’s has a villain. In order to finish the deed, the fleet-footed 325-pounder will have to prove his mettle this week against the one man who managed to tally a single statistic of significance against him in his career, a half-sack registered as a New England Patriot last year: Oakland Raiders defensive lineman Richard Seymour.

Seymour’s half-sack took place on October 20, 2008, as the Broncos traveled to Foxboro to face Seymour’s Pats. Then playing primarily in a 3-4 front, Seymour was able to get past both Clady and left guard Ben Hamilton coming from right end. The Broncos were embarassed in a 41-7 loss, and Clady’s perfect start was tarnished.

Denver Broncos offensive tackle Ryan Clady (Christian Murdock/Colorado Springs Gazette)
Now playing in the 4-3 after being traded to Oakland, Seymour has led a defensive line that has revitalized Oakland’s image and elevated them back into the status of, if not a good football team, then a competitive one. Playing at both tackle and end, Seymour tallied two sacks in the team’s opener against San Diego. His follow-up to that performance was another solid outing, this time in Kansas City, where he repeatedly demanded double-teams from Chiefs offensive linemen and allowed teammate Greg Ellis to tally two sacks of his own.

In other words, he and his teammates are playing some excellent football. The stage is set for a clash of 300-lb. titans. Seymour will line up early and often against Clady at right defensive end.

Will Clady find redemption this week for the lone blemish of his young career? The margin for error is extremely slim in the NFL — can he overcome this latest obstacle in his pursuit of the NFL record books?

Perhaps the significance of such an achievement isn’t clear at first, but it’s symbolic of a player’s complete domination and control at their position. It’s analogous to a rookie quarterback starting as many games without throwing an interception, or a defensive lineman registering a sack in at least as many games.

Perhaps those comparisons are aggrandizing, but by what other metric should we compare Clady’s near-record-setting start? Even if one is found, it doesn’t change the fact that, from the moment he entered the league in 2008, Clady has completely dominated beyond anyone’s realistic expectations, and shown to be a master at his craft.

If he can continue his mastery this week and next, the start to his career will be undeniably the greatest at his position in NFL history. Who knows where Clady takes it from there.

SC BRONCOSTALK

Superchop 7
09-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Congrats for the nfl record !!!!!!!!

kmonty
09-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Denver Broncos offensive tackle Ryan Clady is on the cusp of NFL history. .......

SC BRONCOSTALK

Hey, I spent an hour-plus writing that, mind dropping a link? Thanks,

http://broncotalk.net/2009/09/9749/broncos-buzz/ryan-clady-vs-richard-seymour-the-rematch/

How about Ryan Clady, eh? Richard Seymour is a little *****.

frauschieze
09-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Great article, kmonty!

GEM
09-27-2009, 10:13 PM
It did not surprise me in the least that it was Seymour pulling Clady's hair. He definitely earns the token "dirtiest player in the game." Had they been allowed to go at it....I'm thinking Clady would have handled him just like he had all game long. He earned an addition to the name "dirtiest bitch in the game."

GEM
09-27-2009, 10:14 PM
Hey, I spent an hour-plus writing that, mind dropping a link? Thanks,

http://broncotalk.net/2009/09/9749/broncos-buzz/ryan-clady-vs-richard-seymour-the-rematch/

How about Ryan Clady, eh? Richard Seymour is a little *****.

Fantastic article. Gotta love Clady!

frauschieze
09-27-2009, 10:15 PM
It did not surprise me in the least that it was Seymour pulling Clady's hair. He definitely earns the token "dirtiest player in the game." Had they been allowed to go at it....I'm thinking Clady would have handled him just like he had all game long. He earned an addition to the name "dirtiest bitch in the game."

That whole exchange was pleasing to me. Granted, it could have ended in dumb penalties, but seeing Kupe and Weigmann immediately striking back was pretty awesome. Not that Clady couldn't have taken Seymour on my himself. :D

gregbroncs
09-27-2009, 10:19 PM
I was laughing at the exchange when the ref said he penalized him for pulling his hair. My 1st reaction was laughing and saying what a *****.

dogfish
09-27-2009, 11:15 PM
seymour may be a good player, but he's also a weaselly little BITCH. . . . hair pulling? seriously, hair pulling?? way to act like a nine-year-old girl on the playground you overgrown POS. . . yea, he's a perfect fit for the faders all right. . . get used to being on the other end of ass-kickings like today you turd-- belichick and brady don't have your back anymore. . . . should chop that gigantic ego of his down a bit. . .

i remember him trying to start a fight with nails when we were stomping that ass in the '05 playoff game, and i've considered him a cheap punk ever since. . . when they called hair pulling, i figured it was probably him. . . .

WARHORSE
09-28-2009, 01:21 AM
Big stars who have their butts handed to them play after play can get like that.

That play, Clady was slappin him around. If it werent for the guy behind Clady that tripped him up, Peemore would never have gained the leverage over Clady. That is, standing over the dude with two fists full of hair at the back of his helmet, forcing his weight on him.

Wuss.

Lets just say, that was the ONLY time I heard his name all came since the intros.............

RATTURDS SUCK.

dogfish
09-28-2009, 01:26 AM
i don't give out this kind of praise lightly, but clady looks like a young orlando pace. . . .

:woot:

Nomad
09-28-2009, 06:34 AM
sad/pathetic to see Seymour resort to this!! Long hair and football don't mix IMO!! I know it was blocking but isn't it legal to tackle by the hair??

Dirk
09-28-2009, 06:46 AM
i don't give out this kind of praise lightly, but clady looks like a young orlando pace. . . .

:woot:

True, but let's hope he doesn't follow in his foot steps. With hold outs and poor play after a few years.

drewloc
09-28-2009, 06:48 AM
sad/pathetic to see Seymour resort to this!! Long hair and football don't mix IMO!! I know it was blocking but isn't it legal to tackle by the hair??

Yes it is legal to tackle, it is not legal to rip a guy down after the play by the hair, big difference.

Dirk
09-28-2009, 06:49 AM
It was a ***** of a move by Seymour to pull hair, but I can understand how frustrated he was.

After finally showing up in Oakland, he finds he landed on a team that is worse than he even imagined. A player like Seymour who was used to being in a winning environment landing in Faider land. Watching Ja'Mar'cant play, Wow, that's gotta sting enough to want to pull everyone's hair.

Tned
09-28-2009, 06:55 AM

It was after the play. Seymour was frustrated because he had been shutdown all day. After this play, when the whistle had blown, he gave Marshall a shot to the facemask and knocked his helmet off, and then, Clady was either knocked down, or went to pickup his helmet, and Seymour grabbed him by the hair and yanked.

It had nothing to do with blocking, it was after the play.

gobroncsnv
09-28-2009, 07:08 AM
Seymour has just become a poster-child for the Raiders... hair-pulling, dirty-playing loser...

broncofaninfla
09-28-2009, 08:32 AM
Seymor should be fine by the leauge for the ahir pulling and for his behavior to the press after the game.

TXBRONC
09-28-2009, 08:34 AM
seymour may be a good player, but he's also a weaselly little BITCH. . . . hair pulling? seriously, hair pulling?? way to act like a nine-year-old girl on the playground you overgrown POS. . . yea, he's a perfect fit for the faders all right. . . get used to being on the other end of ass-kickings like today you turd-- belichick and brady don't have your back anymore. . . . should chop that gigantic ego of his down a bit. . .

i remember him trying to start a fight with nails when we were stomping that ass in the '05 playoff game, and i've considered him a cheap punk ever since. . . when they called hair pulling, i figured it was probably him. . . .

He was throwing fit because Clady had owned all day long.

CrazyHorse
09-28-2009, 08:42 AM
I thought Clady was as dumb as a Rock? :confused:
If anything he sure as Hell's as immovable as one...

NightTrainLayne
09-28-2009, 08:50 AM
He was throwing fit because Clady had owned all day long.

I was watching the game at Hooters because it wasn't shown locally.

A poor Raiders fan was sitting behind me. When this happened he was like "WTF?"

I just leaned back matter-of-factly, and told him, "Seymour's just not used to being blocked. Clady is a beast." I think I saw a tear in the Raider fan's eye.

Patriots#1Fan
09-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Seymour is a little punk that couldn't get passed Clady so he through a tantrum.

Didn't take him long to become a radiot.

]OK, I just joined this forum for this one statement I'm going to make. First off I'll be honest I use to love Denver Broncs when Elway and Davis were the men to beat I have tapered off since . OK that being said I now turn my attention to "Day1BroncoFan" First off I fell I must inform you of two major mistakes you have made on here perhaps more than 2. First off as far as Seymour is concerned there is nothing little about Seymour PERIOD At Height: 6-6; Weight: 310; I wouldn't be heard calling him a punk either . When Big Dick was on the Pat's defense he was a respected, talented, team player.
Why we traded him is beyond me. We miss him as fans/ He is pissed he didn't want to go to Oakland/ Who would? Perhaps Clady's Dreads got caught on one of Richards 3 Super Bowl rings The dreads should be banned from the league there dangerous. Its a matter of time till someones dread get stuck in a players shoulder pads or some other place and get ripped out to the root. Why cant they just tuck it up under the helmet. "Ya mun look at me mun. I am the running Rastafarian man like no other see my hairs mun. They are so long and dreadful mun" Dread's are dead man !! Any how back to Seymour I feel bad for the guy cut him some slack I'm surprised he is even showing up in Oakland because he could have taken the year off. Moral to my little book here Get rid of the dreads in Pro Football they are a hazard. Ask a guy that has taken a dread bead in the eyeball.

:salute:
Sincerely
Just visiting
Rich
[/B]

NightTrainLayne
09-28-2009, 09:28 AM
]OK, I just joined this forum for this one statement I'm going to make.

Welcome to the forum.

Until the dread-locks are eliminated (and I tend to agree with you that long hair of any type should be), then it's still VERY poor sportsmanship, and down-right girly to pull other players hair. ESPECIALLY when the other player is absolutely taking it to you and beating you on every play. There's no defending it.

Dortoh
09-28-2009, 09:29 AM
]OK, I just joined this forum for this one statement I'm going to make. First off I'll be honest I use to love Denver Broncs when Elway and Davis were the men to beat I have tapered off since . OK that being said I now turn my attention to "Day1BroncoFan" First off I fell I must inform you of two major mistakes you have made on here perhaps more than 2. First off as far as Seymour is concerned there is nothing little about Seymour PERIOD At Height: 6-6; Weight: 310; I wouldn't be heard calling him a punk either . When Big Dick was on the Pat's defense he was a respected, talented, team player.
Why we traded him is beyond me. We miss him as fans/ He is pissed he didn't want to go to Oakland/ Who would? Perhaps Clady's Dreads got caught on one of Richards 3 Super Bowl rings The dreads should be banned from the league there dangerous. Its a matter of time till someones dread get stuck in a players shoulder pads or some other place and get ripped out to the root. Why cant they just tuck it up under the helmet. "Ya mun look at me mun. I am the running Rastafarian man like no other see my hairs mun. They are so long and dreadful mun" Dread's are dead man !! Any how back to Seymour I feel bad for the guy cut him some slack I'm surprised he is even showing up in Oakland because he could have taken the year off. Moral to my little book here Get rid of the dreads in Pro Football they are a hazard. Ask a guy that has taken a dread bead in the eyeball.

Sincerely
Just visiting
Rich
[/B]

Well written sir and welcome to the forums. Now back to facts your hero is a hair pulling little bitch. Seriously pulling hair really? WTF :laugh:

Then again if I were a media darling and got owned all day on my home turf I'd get alittle pissy myself. Of course I would not resort to pullin hair like a 8 year old school girl.

CoachChaz
09-28-2009, 09:31 AM
I wont disagree about Seymour as a respected player, but I will defend players that choose to have long hair, Dreads or braids. Long hair is a choice people make. Remember...they arent always ON the field and like anyone else...football players have personal "beauty" preferences as well. If a guy gets tackled by the hair...so be it. It's a risk he took. But when a play is over? Seriously?

frauschieze
09-28-2009, 09:35 AM
I wont disagree about Seymour as a respected player, but I will defend players that choose to have long hair, Dreads or braids. Long hair is a choice people make. Remember...they arent always ON the field and like anyone else...football players have personal "beauty" preferences as well. If a guy gets tackled by the hair...so be it. It's a risk he took. But when a play is over? Seriously?

Exactly the way I feel about it. After the whistle blows, it's the same as any other unsportsmanlike conduct and unnecessary roughness penalties.

Tned
09-28-2009, 09:43 AM
Exactly the way I feel about it. After the whistle blows, it's the same as any other unsportsmanlike conduct and unnecessary roughness penalties.

After the whistle, this is the key. Correct me if I am wrong, because I haven't gone back and looked. As I remember it, after the whistle had blown, Clady and Seymour were still pushing a bit, and then Seymour gave
Clady a shot to the facemask, ripping his helmet off. Then, and I can't remember how (bending over for helmet, tripped over someone), Clady went down, and Seymour yanked him by his hair, while he was on the ground.

Am I remembering that right, or not?

Patriots#1Fan
09-28-2009, 09:44 AM
I didn't say no dreads, All I said was put them up under the helmet. Yea I guess seymour might have been pissed off and acted out not being able to get past this Clady guy and then to think... "I got traded to the Raiders!!!" Thats enough to make any man snap like a dried piece of drift wood . Give him a chance his cooler side will prevail . What am I preaching his side here,he didn't join Denver WTF is wrong with me? Either way despite what he did he is a nice guy, He isn't a dirty player just angry now. He got pwned!!!!

Dortoh
09-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Clady can wear his shit however Clady wants. It it gets pulled by mistake in the heat of battle no foul IMO but after the play someone pulls his hair thats ******.

Again a grown man pulling another mans hair......LMMFAO

Tned
09-28-2009, 09:45 AM
I didn't say no dreads, All I said was put them up under the helmet. Yea I guess seymour might have been pissed off and acted out not being able to get past this Clady guy and then to think... "I got traded to the Raiders!!!" Thats enough to make any man snap like a dried piece of drift wood . Give him a chance his cooler side will prevail . What am I preaching his side here,he didn't join Denver WTF is wrong with me? Either way despite what he did he is a nice guy, He isn't a dirty player just angry now. He got pwned!!!!

Yes, it appeared to be frustration at Clady stonewalling him all day.

Dortoh
09-28-2009, 09:47 AM

I will admit this is the first time I've thought badly about Seymour and there is little doubt about his ability on the field.......unless of course its against Clady :)

Nickademus
09-28-2009, 09:52 AM
when I was a kid and we played pick up games in the park we had a penalty for moves like this we called it "***** like conduct" and it was five yards and a first down. my friend texted me right after this play and said "shouldnt ***** like conduct be a real penalty?"
always makes me laugh.

Day1BroncoFan
09-28-2009, 10:10 AM

Sincerely
Just visiting
Rich
[/B]

He's a punk and welcome to the forum. I agree about long hair. I sure as hell wouldn't have long hair.

GEM
09-28-2009, 10:13 AM
Respectable players don't earn the name "Dirtiest player in the game" by being a good guy. Dirty isn't a compliment.

gregbroncs
09-28-2009, 10:26 AM
I don't know much about this Seymore but any player that pulls the hair of their opponent after the play when the guy has his back turned because they can't hack it on the field is a *****. It's plain and simple. I don't care what excuse he uses or how he normally plays Seymore will now always be a ***** in my eyes. :rolleyes:

Dirk
09-28-2009, 10:27 AM
So much ado about this.

He pulled hair like a little school girl. Yes I would be crying in my beer and not wanting to play hard either if I got traded to the Faiders. But.....pulling hair is just ignorant.

TXBRONC
09-28-2009, 10:34 AM

Sincerely
Just visiting
Rich
[/B]

What Seymour did was go up behind Clady and yank on his hair. You really shouldn't criticize Clady considering the fact that the Patriots have players on their roster that wear dread lock.

Shazam!
09-28-2009, 10:41 AM
Gee. Another bandwagon jumper former Broncos fan.

Seymour is a piece of trash.

Superchop 7
09-28-2009, 10:42 AM
He could have seriously injured Clady.

I was screaming "ejection"!

What Seymour did was pathetic.

To Clady

To a reporter.

To his team.

To his family.

To the NFL.

Dortoh
09-28-2009, 10:44 AM
I dont think there is any doubt he will be fined but can he be suspended? That would be fun to watch every sport show have to talk about it.

Shazam!
09-28-2009, 10:45 AM
Another thing entirely, I think the NFL should've imposed hair regulations or something, that hair cannot exceed shoulder length and not cover up the nameplate of the player's jersey. I think these dreads and all that long hair is very unprofessional, and surprised they didn't address it somehow.

I hate the NY Yankees, but I do agree with their personal grooming policy and think teams and the NFL should establish somethign similar.

shank
09-28-2009, 10:49 AM
i hate the long hair too, but that's why i don't have it. i think it's hilarious when a player with long hair gets tackled by it, because it's a risk they are taking willingly. if we make them cut off their hair, then i won't get to lol when palmolive* gets ganked from 5 yards back when someone accidentally steps on his flowing locks.

but... after the play? seriously? i'm with dortoh... can you think of a more bitch move from a grown man that to pull hair?

GEM
09-28-2009, 11:01 AM
In some cases, the hair isn't just a hey that looks good. Some of these guys have it because of heritage.

I can understand telling them to tuck it back or deal with what happens because of it. But it's no one's place to tell them they can have it or not. This has nothing to do with the play we're talking about though. The hair pulling took place AFTER the play was over.

Patriots#1Fan
09-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Clady can wear his shit however Clady wants. It it gets pulled by mistake in the heat of battle no foul IMO but after the play someone pulls his hair thats ******.

Again a grown man pulling another mans hair......LMMFAO

Beats poking him in the eye! Wink Wink:eek:

CoachChaz
09-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Maybe if Seymour would have bit his nipples right after he pulled the hair it might have been seen more lovingly

Kaylore
09-28-2009, 11:30 AM
FYI: The Cowboys are the only team in the NFL to not register a sack. Odds of Clady continuing the streak this week are excellent.

Slick
09-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Another thing entirely, I think the NFL should've imposed hair regulations or something, that hair cannot exceed shoulder length and not cover up the nameplate of the player's jersey. I think these dreads and all that long hair is very unprofessional, and surprised they didn't address it somehow.

I hate the NY Yankees, but I do agree with their personal grooming policy and think teams and the NFL should establish somethign similar.

Edit

Dirk
09-28-2009, 11:36 AM
:tsk:

That's just gross...

Slick
09-28-2009, 11:36 AM
:tsk:

That's just gross...

Yeah, I agree.

Day1BroncoFan
09-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Talk about a turd in the punch bowl.

Slick
09-28-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm sorry guys. That post just rubbed me the wrong way. I'll take it down.

Superchop 7
09-28-2009, 01:34 PM
The Raiders legacy,

Just "pull their hair" baby.

(Could somebody please photoshop Seymours head on a cat)

broncobryce
09-28-2009, 02:10 PM

Sincerely
Just visiting
Rich
[/B]

Did I miss something or did you just refer to another man as Big Dick? :confused:

Nomad
09-28-2009, 04:51 PM

I didn't realize it was after the play I thought it was during and Seymour grabbed his hair as a way to fend him off. The NFL should have treated this similiar to a punch imo!! Like I said before long hair and football don't mix. And these guys can't bitch if players use their hair as a means of tackling or blocking!!

Tned
09-28-2009, 04:56 PM
I didn't realize it was after the play I thought it was during and Seymour grabbed his hair as a way to fend him off. The NFL should have treated this similiar to a punch imo!! Like I said before long hair and football don't mix. And these guys can't bitch if players use their hair as a means of tackling or blocking!!

It was after the whistle and they were still pawing at each other. Seymore gave him a shot to the facemask, ripping Clady's helmet off, then somehow Clady went to the ground (either to pick up the helmet, or tripped over someone behind him) and then Seymour yanked his head back by the hair.

GEM
09-28-2009, 05:21 PM
He should have been ejected from the game. Period.

weazel
09-28-2009, 05:56 PM
This is the story of how Raiders' new defensive end Richard Seymour pulled a guy's hair during today's game. To be specific, he pulled the hair of Broncos offensive tackle Ryan Clady, whose hair descended below the bottom of his helmet. Seymour got his team penalized 14 yards for the hair pull and two plays later Denver scored a TD to go ahead 20-3.

After the game I went over to Seymour in the locker room. Here is our dialogue.

Cohn: May I ask you a question? You were penalized for pulling a guy's hair. I've never in my life been aware of anything like that. Can I trouble you to tell me what happened?

Seymour: Did you see the game?

Cohn: I was there. Was it a mistake?

Seymour? It was no mistake.

Cohn: You were pissed?

Seymour: It wasn't no mistake, brother. Next question.

Cohn: Is there something wrong with the question? Why did you do it?

Seymour: You asked if it was a mistake and I told you no. Get out of here.

Cohn: Why do I get out of here? You don't like to talk about that.

Seymour: Get out of here.

Cohn: I'm not getting out of here.

At this point Raiders public relations guy Mike Taylor, who had heard none of the dialogue between Seymour and me, came over and said, "Lowell, would you remove yourself? If you stay here he's not talking."

It was clear to me Seymour would talk to the group of reporters who had gathered to interview to him. I stood quietly so they could ask their questions. It seemed to me Taylor would not let them ask because I was there. Taylor said Seymour later told him he would not talk if I was there - Seymour may have said that. But I honestly believed he would speak until Taylor made a big deal and transformed a disagreement between two men into a major event.

You may ask why I did not leave when Seymour said, "Get out of here." I do not like to be spoken to like that. I don't believe athletes have license to be rude. Taylor said I incited Seymour. I believe Seymour incited himself. I believe he was answerable for what he did on the field. Taylor said I am not welcome around the Raiders. We'll see about that.

Taylor later told me, "You did something wrong. I don't know what you did; you did something wrong. It wasn't cool. And that's where it is."

Taylor was in no position to know what I did as he was a latecomer to my conversation with Seymour. You've read the dialogue. Judge for yourselves.

By the way, I did leave. But Taylor still did not allow Seymour to talk to the other journalists. I apologize to my colleagues if I interrupted their work.

Later Taylor accosted me in the press box and berated me for about 10 minutes while I was attempting to write. He kept saying I had incited his player. He called me an unflattering name. I offered to tell him my side of the story but he didn't listen, kept talking about my incitement. At a certain point I felt he was harassing me so I put in my ear pieces and began listening to my taped interviews while he kept telling other journalists, who were trying to work, that I had incited Seymour.

I can tell you I never have experiences like these with teams other than the Raiders.

sc pressdemocrat

LMAO...

I think the reason seymour took so long to report to the raiders was because he wasn't fully transformed into a disgusting ***** yet... and we all know, you can't play for the raiders until you are a 100% disgusting *****.

Looks like the transformation is finished, good job seymour.

Tned
09-28-2009, 06:09 PM
My memory was a little faulty. The helmet didn't come off until he was on the ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-N-COI6hhc

R-N-COI6hhc

Day1BroncoFan
09-28-2009, 06:23 PM
It's even more discusting than yesterday.

What a PUNK

NameUsedBefore
09-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Going to the dirty tricks bag is the number one sign that you are getting your ass kicked.

DenBronx
09-30-2009, 12:05 AM
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...s-no-mistake/1

Raiders DE Richard Seymour said Sunday that the unnecessary roughness penalty he drew for pulling the hair of Broncos lineman Ryan Clady was "no mistake."

Officials flagged Seymour for the 15-yard penalty in the third quarter when he failed to let go of Clady's dreadlocks. The Broncos went on to score a touchdown on the drive in their 23-3 win in Oakland.

After the game, Seymour told Lowell Cohn of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat that he intentionally pulled Clady's hair.

"It was no mistake," Seymour told Cohn.

Pressed about the incident, Seymour said, "It wasn't no mistake, brother. Next question."

Seymour and Cohn then got into an argument that ended with the Raiders demanding the reporter vacate Seymour's locker and the player refusing to answer questions. -- Sean Leahy

gobroncsnv
09-30-2009, 07:09 AM
He's probably hoping the league suspends him, so he doesn't have to face further embarassment on the field... Too bad, Seymour, you're a Raider prototype now... Your winning days are behind you.

TXBRONC
09-30-2009, 07:19 AM
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...s-no-mistake/1

Raiders DE Richard Seymour said Sunday that the unnecessary roughness penalty he drew for pulling the hair of Broncos lineman Ryan Clady was "no mistake."

Officials flagged Seymour for the 15-yard penalty in the third quarter when he failed to let go of Clady's dreadlocks. The Broncos went on to score a touchdown on the drive in their 23-3 win in Oakland.

After the game, Seymour told Lowell Cohn of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat that he intentionally pulled Clady's hair.

"It was no mistake," Seymour told Cohn.

Pressed about the incident, Seymour said, "It wasn't no mistake, brother. Next question."

Seymour and Cohn then got into an argument that ended with the Raiders demanding the reporter vacate Seymour's locker and the player refusing to answer questions. -- Sean Leahy

I guess Seymour really is a jerk.

DenBronx
09-30-2009, 11:42 AM
I guess Seymour really is a jerk.

I never knew he was like that.

GEM
09-30-2009, 11:54 AM
It was no mistake. I got my ass handled all day long, couldn't handle it so I resorted to the tactics of a 5 yr old throwing a temper tantrum.

Rot in Oakland, ya POS.

dogfish
09-30-2009, 12:09 PM
I never knew he was like that.

always has been. . . .

TXBRONC
09-30-2009, 08:41 PM
always has been. . . .

I guess he better used to Clady kicking ass all over the field.

dogfish
09-30-2009, 09:09 PM
I guess he better used to Clady kicking ass all over the field.

him and a lot of other guys. . . . :D

TXBRONC
09-30-2009, 09:26 PM
him and a lot of other guys. . . . :D

Ya got that freakin right. :beer:

dogfish
10-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Seymour fined for pulling hair
Posted by Mike Florio on October 2, 2009 6:58 PM ET

Last week, Raiders defensive tackle Richard Seymour didn't want to answer questions regarding his pulling of the hair of Broncos tackle Ryan Clady.

But the right to remain silent doesn't matter when the act is caught on tape. According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Seymour has been fined $7,500.

The move came after a play had ended, during the Week Three game between Denver and Oakland.

rcsodak
10-02-2009, 10:32 PM

sc pressdemocrat

Reading the comments after this dude's article, you wonder if he isn't the instigator in the 'interview'.

Hey chop, how about including the link to the article...hate for someone to think you wrote this. :D

LRtagger
10-03-2009, 07:30 AM
only $7,500?? WTF is that bullshit

SoCalImport
10-03-2009, 08:35 AM
only $7,500?? WTF is that bullshit

Pretty weak sauce, IMHO. Then again, all the dreds are still attached.