PDA

View Full Version : Moses Let Go By Error!! LOL!!!

DenBronx
09-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Thanks Oakland! Cardinals jump on Moses after Raiders reportedly cut him by mistake.

http://mvn.com/nfl-cardinals/2007/09/02/thanks-oakland-cardinals-jump-on-moses-after-raiders-reportedly-cut-him-by-mistake/

By Mark Wahlstrom | September 2nd, 2007
E-mail | Print | Share

In what has to be one of the strangest internet stories i’ve heard in some time, it is being reported all over the Internet and sports fan sites that due to an administrative mistake at the Raiders headquarters 3rd round pick Quentin Moses was mistakenly included in the Raiders cut list to the NFL.

This was the report on the KFFL fan site earlier today:

” Radio 680am just reported that Quentin Moses was let go in error. Apparently Don Johnson, an assistant coach on the defensive line had submitted a prioritized list of players he wanted to keep. Moses was inadvertently left off the list. He then sent a separate email to a guy named Jeff Birren who works in administration. Birren thought Moses was to be added to the release list, so he added the name and faxed it in to league offices in New York. The error was not discovered until after the move was official. Accidents happen. “

680 am would be KNBR, the big sports radio station in the Bay area that covers the MLB Giants and SF 49ers. I haven’t heard the reports, but the Cardinals fan sites are covered with similar postings so I’d say where there is smoke, there is fire. I’d suspect that if there is truth to the fact that some staffers at Raiders HQ made a mistake that the story will come out in the next few days as local media up there looks into it.

The bottom line is that with the injury to Chike Okeafor the Arizona Cardinals were desperate for a DE that could bring a pass rush and be a better fit for the hybrid 3-4 scheme they are trying to run this year. To have a prospect like Quentin Moses drop into their laps, and to fill the single biggest area of need on the defense, is an amazing stroke of good luck. Even if Moses isn’t an impact player and is merely “good” thats a substantial degree better for the Cardinals then what they had on final cut downs. It is going to be very interesting to see how Moses fits with the Cardinals and if the potential he showed at U of GA can be realized here in Arizona.

Like I said, even if he’s just average or good, we owe the guys from the black hole a big thank you for helping us plug our single biggest area of need, no matter how it happened that Quentin Moses turned up on waivers.

In further news the Cardinals added Jerheme Urban from the Dallas Cowboys as their sixth receiver and cut 7th round TE Ben Patrick. Urban was a solid special teamer with the Seahawks who signed with the Cowboys as a free agent in the off season, only to be let go after the final game despite catching four passes and returning a punt 95 yards for a touchdown. He seems to be the type of player the new staff likes, unselfish, capable on special teams and professional in his approach to the game.

Look for Ben Patrick to be signed to the practice squad if he clears waivers.

Not a bad couple of signings off the waivers to improve depth on the defense and further bolster the special teams going into the season. A pretty good day for the Card’s.

DenBronx
09-03-2007, 02:10 PM
Now that's some crazy, yet funny $hhhheeeeit!!!

in the words of the donald "your fired!"

Slick
09-03-2007, 02:11 PM
That takes the cake and the ice cream. :laugh:

BroncoBJ
09-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Thats hilarious. Damn Oakland. I think it would have been funny if they cut Russel. Hes not even signed but Oakland is a pathetic and funny franchise.

Skinny
09-03-2007, 02:15 PM
:whoo:

:rofl:

DenBronx
09-03-2007, 02:20 PM
i wonder what the GM was thinking for oakland when he found out? this move really shocked everyone, even all of the raider fans. at LEAST sign him to the practice squad! what a blooper....this has to go down as one of the most idiotic moves in history.

Tned
09-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Now that's some crazy, yet funny $hhhheeeeit!!!

in the words of the donald "your fired!"

Yea, if that really is what happened, that is a big time screwup.

DenBronx
09-03-2007, 02:26 PM
these guys are going crazy.....what a life to be a raider fan. :D

read this...

http://raiderforum.net/smf/index.php?topic=4135.0

Slick
09-03-2007, 02:35 PM
these guys are going crazy.....what a life to be a raider fan. :D

read this...

http://raiderforum.net/smf/index.php?topic=4135.0

Wow, They are freaking out. Hilarious. BTW kiddies if you haven't learned dirty words in high school yet, don't follow the link.:laugh:

NameUsedBefore
09-03-2007, 02:45 PM
I'm not gonna believe that yet, but even without it being a release by error, it was still an incredibly stupid thing to do. Defensive-line players don't pan out immediately and I can't imagine why the Raiders would release him. Moses was basically a late 2nd-round player; what a waste of a draft pick. I'd be fuming if Denver did something like that (the release of Kennedy already has me irked).

TXBRONC
09-03-2007, 02:47 PM
How do you make that kind error?

topscribe
09-03-2007, 02:54 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/smilies/rofl2.gif

-----

Slick
09-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Anybody look at their "smack" section while they were there?

:eek::shocked::laugh:

Retired_Member_001
09-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Only the Raiders...

:laugh:

omac
09-03-2007, 10:25 PM
Wow, this just can't be real. I'm sure they'd double or tripple check those lists. Someone should be suspicious if they cut their 3rd rounder; it just calls too much attention for this to be real. :eek:

BigBroncLove
09-03-2007, 10:52 PM
:caked: :balloons:

LOL, man sometimes it's like a higher power makes it even funner to be a Bronco fan.

Watchthemiddle
09-03-2007, 10:55 PM
ANyone wonder why Jamarcus is still holding out now??

Hey Silver_Black, where are you!!!!

:hahaha:

Bronco Bible
09-07-2007, 11:44 AM
:hahaha::hahaha:gotta love them faiders

silver_black
09-08-2007, 02:36 AM
ANyone wonder why Jamarcus is still holding out now??

Hey Silver_Black, where are you!!!!

:hahaha:

im here. just watching you guys pee all over yourselves in spazmonic glee over a fake story.
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/09/raiders-pft-rumors030807.html

hey, i like PFT but they reached and whiffed on this one and printed a semi-retraction.

btw, our defense is hardly a concern of ours if we let a rookie DE go who got beat by another rookie DE. sorry guys our D is still :first:

DenBronx
09-08-2007, 02:43 AM
im here. just watching you guys pee all over yourselves in spazmonic glee over a fake story.
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/09/raiders-pft-rumors030807.html

hey, i like PFT but they reached and whiffed on this one and printed a semi-retraction.

btw, our defense is hardly a concern of ours if we let a rookie DE go who got beat by another rookie DE. sorry guys our D is still :first:

Im sorry dude but a huge blunder like that and you will see people scrambling to cover it up. That had to of leaked somehow. I dont think a guy just makes that up. Raider personel was trying to cover it....

silver_black
09-08-2007, 02:47 AM
Im sorry dude but a huge blunder like that and you will see people scrambling to cover it up. That had to of leaked somehow. I dont think a guy just makes that up. Raider personel was trying to cover it....

nothing to be sorry about. its a bogus story. Moses was beat out by Jay Richardson handily and was cut because of the non-need at retaining too many DE's. get it yet?

somebody's better than you at a spot with limited vacancies and you're not gonna make the team. Now if he was on the donks theres a need for average DE. thats reality like it or not.

no cover up, just a giant assumption proven untrue. :rolleyes: