PDA

View Full Version : So how bout that D

SBboundBRONCOS
12-09-2007, 07:37 PM
so from the looks of it our D did an outstanding job although it was against the chefs . . . . . . but thats all i got is stats. How did they really look. were we playing good, was a safety always in the box on did our CBs actually get some help for a change.

how were the new players if they played at all. please let me know guys :salute:

topscribe
12-09-2007, 08:18 PM
so from the looks of it our D did an outstanding job although it was against the chefs . . . . . . but thats all i got is stats. How did they really look. were we playing good, was a safety always in the box on did our CBs actually get some help for a change.

how were the new players if they played at all. please let me know guys :salute:

Selvin Young, Brandon Marshall, and Tony Scheffler played like superstars.
Meyers, Kuper, Pears gave up ZERO sacks, playing beside verterans Holland
and Lepsis. Dumervil got THREE (3) sacks and caused a fumble, and Thomas
collapsed the pocket all day. Winborn had three tackles on STs and accounted
himself well, playing on defense. Abdullah was a beast. Martinez had a
clutch reception, in there for Stokely, who was hurting some. And Crowder
was a presence all day.

And Cutler was 20-27 for 244 yds, 4 TDs, and 0 INTs. His QB rating was 141.0.

Those are most of the young guys.

Finally, the Broncos were on the TOP side of a blowout. :nixon:

Sorry. I know you asked about defense. But this was TOTAL domination.

-----

omac
12-09-2007, 09:51 PM
I was concerned about the defense early on in one drive of KC. Because of a penalty, they had 1st and 5 ... 2 good defensive plays and they were 3rd and 5, then Elvis offsides gives them 1st down. On this drive, the defense was playing some real good 1st and 2nd downs, but on 3rd downs, they were giving up significant yardage, so that the Chiefs would go for it and convert 4th downs. On one play, the Chiefs were 4th and 13 and still went for it, and got it. Later, horizontal pass towards a receiver(?) to the sideline that should've been stopped for moderate gain ended up being a TD. On this drive, the Broncos couldn't stop the Chargers even when they were given several chances to do so.

Aside from that, though, the defense played excellent.

TXBRONC
12-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Hey does anyone know what happened to D.J.? I noticed he wasn't on the field the last two or three defensive series of the game.

omac
12-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Hey does anyone know what happened to D.J.? I noticed he wasn't on the field the last two or three defensive series of the game.

Yikes, not another injury?!?!? What is it with injuries this season? :ack:

TXBRONC
12-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Yikes, not another injury?!?!? What is it with injuries this season? :ack:

I hope he isn't.

topscribe
12-09-2007, 10:16 PM
I hope he isn't.

I doubt it. D.J. wasn't mentioned in any of the postgame interviews or by the
announcers at all. It would seem to me that, since the Broncos were so far
ahead, maybe they just wanted to get a good look at Winborn on defense.

-----

Broncos Mtnman
12-09-2007, 10:33 PM
All I got to say is....

... a defense that has been near the bottom of the league against the run yielded only 16 yards on 17 rushes.

THAT'S FOR THE WHOLE GAME!!

:beer:

topscribe
12-09-2007, 10:34 PM
All I got to say is....

... a defense that has been near the bottom of the league against the run yielded only 16 yards on 17 rushes.

THAT'S FOR THE WHOLE GAME!!

:beer:

Looks like an there's article in it for you, Mtnman . . . :woot:

-----