PDA

View Full Version : The season isn't over yet.

Stargazer
12-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Denver: 6-7, 6-4 AFC Conference
@ Houston, @ SD, Vikings

SD: 8-5, 7-3 AFC Conference
Detroit, Denver, @ Raiders

Cleveland: 8-5, 6-4 AFC Conference
Buffalo, Cincinnati, SF

Buffalo: 7-6, 6-5 AFC Conference
@ Cleveland, NY Giants, @ Philadelphia

Tennessee: 7-6, 4-6 AFC Conference
@ KC, NY Jets, @ Indy

There are still 3 games left. Anything can happen for the last wild card spot. Maybe the division.
:salute:

omac
12-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Tennessee blew a game they should've won against SD. Detroit could beat SD, specially if Merriman doesn't suit up. SD's favored to beat all 3 of their last opponents, though, including Denver.

Denver and Houston are about even, with Denver being slightly better on offense, but Houston being better on defense. SD is much better than Denver because of the defensive situations of both teams. Minnesota's strength is against our weakness.

Doesn't look good for Denver, but I'll expect them to win anyway. :cheers:

silkamilkamonico
12-09-2007, 09:32 PM
@ Houston, @ SD, Vikings

Buffalo, Cincinnati, SF

@ KC, NY Jets, @ Indy

There are still 3 games left. Anything can happen for the last wild card spot. Maybe the division.

Cleveland needs 1 win and they hold tiebreaker over Denver.

Last wildcard is slim to none, and slim's packing up to leave town.

Don't forget Denver has to play Minnesota, who's arguably the hottest team in the NFL at the moment.

Stargazer
12-09-2007, 10:50 PM

Don't forget Denver has to play Minnesota, who's arguably the hottest team in the NFL at the moment.

Tiebreaker over Denver? If Cleveland loses to Buffalo, then Cincy. Wouldn't Denver hold the tiebreaker since Denver has a better conference record? Assuming Denver wins out.

Lonestar
12-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Tiebreaker over Denver? If Cleveland loses to Buffalo, then Cincy. Wouldn't Denver hold the tiebreaker since Denver has a better conference record? Assuming Denver wins out.

We all know what that means.. to ass u me

Lonestar
12-10-2007, 11:57 PM

Does anyone see us slowing down their rookie running back with without usung a shotgun to the knees.

Same goes for LT.

HOU knows all of our moves and has enough ex Bronocs to give them an incentive to win.

Win out aH hahahahaha

omac
12-11-2007, 12:28 AM
Does anyone see us slowing down their rookie running back with without usung a shotgun to the knees.

Same goes for LT.

HOU knows all of our moves and has enough ex Bronocs to give them an incentive to win.

Win out aH hahahahaha

Ah, spreading some sunshine, are we? :laugh: kidding :cheers:

Just because the odds are against us winning out, doesn't mean it can't happen.

Some chose KC to beat Denver, but I'm not sure a whole lot would've predicted the romp Denver gave KC. Kolby Smith has been playing real well, so I'm sure quite a few were expecting him to rush well against us, and that didn't happen.

AD is the most dominating RB in the league, yet the 49ers with their poor rush defense held him to 3 yards on 14 rushes. :eek: Ofcourse, Chester Taylor had a fine day. :D

Anything can happen.

We're well matched with the Texans; their run defense is better than ours, while our rushing offense is better than theirs. It can go either way.

With Minnesota, Peterson and Taylor should be able to do great havoc, even if we overplay the run. Their run D is the best. They are the worst in passing D, and that is our opening. The odds are against us, because it's more difficult to sustain a passing attack against a team that can win the time of possesion battle with their running, plus their pressure on defense, but that's the chance Denver has. Also, their passing game MAY not be consistent enough to punish our overplaying the run.

SD is a terrible matchup for Denver. Though Rivers hasn't been playing well most of the season, he'll have a much easier time picking off Denver when we overplay the run. If we're lucky, Meriman will not yet return from his injury. The passing offense of Denver has to be at it's sharpest, which will be difficult, since Cutler will probably not have much time before the defensive pressure breaks through the offensive line.

Lonestar
12-11-2007, 12:55 AM
Ah, spreading some sunshine, are we? :laugh: kidding :cheers:

Just because the odds are against us winning out, doesn't mean it can't happen.

Some chose KC to beat Denver, but I'm not sure a whole lot would've predicted the romp Denver gave KC. Kolby Smith has been playing real well, so I'm sure quite a few were expecting him to rush well against us, and that didn't happen.

AD is the most dominating RB in the league, yet the 49ers with their poor rush defense held him to 3 yards on 14 rushes. :eek: Ofcourse, Chester Taylor had a fine day. :D

Anything can happen.

We're well matched with the Texans; their run defense is better than ours, while our rushing offense is better than theirs. It can go either way.

With Minnesota, Peterson and Taylor should be able to do great havoc, even if we overplay the run. Their run D is the best. They are the worst in passing D, and that is our opening. The odds are against us, because it's more difficult to sustain a passing attack against a team that can win the time of possesion battle with their running, plus their pressure on defense, but that's the chance Denver has. Also, their passing game MAY not be consistent enough to punish our overplaying the run.

SD is a terrible matchup for Denver. Though Rivers hasn't been playing well most of the season, he'll have a much easier time picking off Denver when we overplay the run. If we're lucky, Meriman will not yet return from his injury. The passing offense of Denver has to be at it's sharpest, which will be difficult, since Cutler will probably not have much time before the defensive pressure breaks through the offensive line.

Yes anything can happen and it did against KC..

But the odds of winning out are poor.. Especailly with DEN being higher and then low every other week..

I look forward to 2008 when we should have a fine season depending on what SAN does..

You had fine post about the potential of each team.

Stargazer
12-11-2007, 02:12 AM
We all know what that means.. to ass u me

Yes, but that's the way it is and the only hope left for a playoff birth.:cool:

LoyalSoldier
12-11-2007, 02:16 AM
Actually thanks to the fact we didn't lose to KC we still have a shot at the division. If we win against SD and they lose one of the other two games it is still possible. If they lost to Oak we would win the division assuming we won out.

It is still hard to do and may not likely happen, but it isn't over till its over.

BaiLeY324
12-11-2007, 02:19 AM

Buffalo would also need to lose, and so would Tennessee.

Stargazer
12-11-2007, 02:44 AM
Buffalo would also need to lose, and so would Tennessee.

Yes, Buffalo needs to lose one game. Same with Tenn. I'll be a Chief fan this weekend.:D Need Buffalo to win this weekend, then lose at home to the Giants or @ Philly.

omac
12-11-2007, 06:21 AM

But the odds of winning out are poor.. Especailly with DEN being higher and then low every other week..

I look forward to 2008 when we should have a fine season depending on what SAN does..

Thanks man. :beer:

Nomad
12-11-2007, 10:47 AM

I see 2008 as being a better season than this year. The BRONCOS should of won more games instead of sitting here hoping all these other teams fold. An easy solution for next year is BRONCOS win games and quit relying on other teams to lose in order to get to the playoffs!

omac
12-11-2007, 11:21 AM
I see 2008 as being a better season than this year. The BRONCOS should of won more games instead of sitting here hoping all these other teams fold. An easy solution for next year is BRONCOS win games and quit relying on other teams to lose in order to get to the playoffs!

Any team that sustains this many injuries to key players during the season will have problems, not just with consistency, but with winning. Let's just hope 2008 is a relatively injury free season.

Nomad
12-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Any team that sustains this many injuries to key players during the season will have problems, not just with consistency, but with winning. Let's just hope 2008 is a relatively injury free season.

I understand the injury bug, but people keep focusing in desperation on what other teams could fall in order to get to the playoffs. We need to face the fact this isn't a playoff caliber team due to injuries and if it was we wouldn't need to rely on other teams to fold, the BRONCOS would have been winning games this year. Yes, I hope 2008 is injury free.

omac
12-11-2007, 01:37 PM
I understand the injury bug, but people keep focusing in desperation on what other teams could fall in order to get to the playoffs. We need to face the fact this isn't a playoff caliber team due to injuries and if it was we wouldn't need to rely on other teams to fold, the BRONCOS would have been winning games this year. Yes, I hope 2008 is injury free.

I agree with your point; I guess I'm hoping that somehow the Broncos can sneak into the playoffs so that that's an extra Broncos game to watch and enjoy. :cheers:

Fan in Exile
12-11-2007, 02:18 PM

I completely don't agree with you. I don't need to face that this isn't a playoff caliber team. I think we can make it into the playoffs, and be as good as many teams from the past. The wild card teams need help all the time.

Apart from that I enjoy the thought that they could make the playoffs. I also enjoy talking about it. It isn't desperation it's fun. If they don't make it I can handle the disappointment.

More than that it would be good for the team to make the playoffs even if they lose the first game. It would be good experience.

I do however agree that I want 2008 to be injury free.

Nomad
12-11-2007, 02:44 PM
I completely don't agree with you. I don't need to face that this isn't a playoff caliber team. I think we can make it into the playoffs, and be as good as many teams from the past. The wild card teams need help all the time.

Apart from that I enjoy the thought that they could make the playoffs. I also enjoy talking about it. It isn't desperation it's fun. If they don't make it I can handle the disappointment.

More than that it would be good for the team to make the playoffs even if they lose the first game. It would be good experience.

I do however agree that I want 2008 to be injury free.

Nothing says you have to agree! But I hope the BRONCOS in the future will take care of business instead of hoping other teams fall 3 or 4 games so they can get to the playoffs. If this would be a 1 or 2 game scenerio and the BRONCOS had a winning record then it would be different. Asking for a miracle is a little desperate but if that's what is fun to you then rack your brain.

Fan in Exile
12-11-2007, 04:15 PM

You're the one who said that we need to face the fact, no we don't.

Nothing says you have to agree! But I hope the BRONCOS in the future will take care of business instead of hoping other teams fall 3 or 4 games so they can get to the playoffs. If this would be a 1 or 2 game scenerio and the BRONCOS had a winning record then it would be different. Asking for a miracle is a little desperate but if that's what is fun to you then rack your brain.

I'm a pastor, I don't see anything desperate in asking for miracles. Besides what we are talking about here is much less than a miracle. Sure it's improbable but the guys on the field can do it. The question is will they. It's much to early to give up hope.

Nomad
12-11-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm a pastor, I don't see anything desperate in asking for miracles.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match but throwing the pastor line is irrelevant. I'm a devoted Catholic and say my rosary once a week and i volunteer within the communtiy does that make you anymore of a Christian than I am, no. Miracles are for the good of mankind not a football team. And no this isn't a whose has more faith, but again the "I'm a pastor " doesn't make you any more a fan than I am.

Fan in Exile
12-11-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm not going to get into a pissing match but throwing the pastor line is irrelevant. I'm a devoted Catholic and say my rosary once a week and i volunteer within the communtiy does that make you anymore of a Christian than I am, no. Miracles are for the good of mankind not a football team. And no this isn't a whose has more faith, but again the "I'm a pastor " doesn't make you any more a fan than I am.

Nomad don't take yourself so seriously I never said I was a better Christian then you or anything like that, or that I was a better fan. I just put the pastor line in because you said hoping for a miracle was desperate. Just relax, I know I'm not better, just better looking.

Lonestar
12-11-2007, 05:39 PM

No offense but mikey got really lucky on three of the games they have won..

Yes I know that they did win them, but hardly inspiring confidence in them being a great team..IMO

If you are not able to crush weak teams then IMO you do not deserve to go to ANY playoffs..

This team should be damned good next year and will STILL need a lot of help getting past NE because unless they completely go into the toilet they are going to be the team to beat for the next few years.. The strong get stronger.. SAN if they get a real coach could be the same.. And SAN and OAK are a year or two away from being rebuilt..

But DEN unless their is some catastrophe has a real solid base of YOUNG talent..

Lonestar
12-11-2007, 05:47 PM

I agree with your point; I guess I'm hoping that somehow the Broncos can sneak into the playoffs so that that's an extra Broncos game to watch and enjoy. :cheers:

Outstanding and realistic post Nomad.

Omac I'd rather see an early exit and get better draft choices than limp into the play offs only to get our asses handed to us. NO one wants to be embarassed AGAIN do they. Risking injury to players that realistically have ZERO chance of getting to the big dance..

Heres to an injury free 2008 and really good/great/fantastic off season bringing in a quality DT, SS, and LB than can play all positions.. I'm not ready to give up on John Lynch till he wants to retire on his terms, but we need to get someone trained for his spot as he is one play away from said retirement..

omac
12-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Outstanding and realistic post Nomad.

Omac I'd rather see an early exit and get better draft choices than limp into the play offs only to get our asses handed to us. NO one wants to be embarassed AGAIN do they. Risking injury to players that realistically have ZERO chance of getting to the big dance..

Heres to an injury free 2008 and really good/great/fantastic off season bringing in a quality DT, SS, and LB than can play all positions.. I'm not ready to give up on John Lynch till he wants to retire on his terms, but we need to get someone trained for his spot as he is one play away from said retirement..

Right now, they are fielding the team the best team they can, with a whole lot of young players and even rookies playing major roles due to injuries or ineptness from veteran starters. I'd like them to experience the playoffs and try to win, because it will make them better for next season. The defense definitely has holes, but they overplay and sometimes they can get away with it. Nothing can be done about that until the offseason. The young offense has shown that they can be explossive when they have everything clicking.

Jrwiz, I know you'd rather we continue to lose games to get better draft possition. I'd rather we win games, even if we can't make the playoffs.

Now, whether the Broncos were a strong team with a chance at the superbowl, or a weak team that can't make the playoffs, i wouldn't want any player aggravating an injury. My concern for our players careers always outweight the season, no matter what's at stake.

DenBronx
12-13-2007, 06:35 PM
i think we need the browns to lose to the bills.

anyone think that the bills can win this one?

Stargazer
12-13-2007, 09:45 PM
I guess I'm hoping that somehow the Broncos can sneak into the playoffs so that that's an extra Broncos game to watch and enjoy. :cheers:

Pretty much my thoughts. I don't care if the Broncos get blown out by 100 points in the playoffs. It's another game to watch.

Stargazer
12-13-2007, 10:56 PM
It's over. HELLO offseason!

Stargazer
12-13-2007, 10:58 PM
:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

OH well.....

Medford Bronco
12-13-2007, 11:00 PM
this team was never that great at all this year

they teased us at times like last week and on the Monday night vs Tennessee

I see 6-10 coming

:tsk:

Nomad
12-13-2007, 11:00 PM
My apology Fan in Exhile, things were taken out of context! Hope is one of God's gift but this team has none especially after tonight.

I knew this game could go either way but I didn't think Shanahan and co would be this lethargic and basically suck! The Texans aren't a great team and they put a whippin on us. Sad to say but KC must really suck!

I can say tonight the season is over because I don't see Denver beating SD or Minn, but they can try.:tsk:

Medford Bronco
12-13-2007, 11:02 PM
My apology Fan in Exhile, things were taken out of context! Hope is one of God's gift but this team has none especially after tonight.

I knew this game could go either way but I didn't think Shanahan and co would be this lethargic and basically suck! The Texans aren't a great team and they put a whippin on us. Sad to say but KC must really suck!

I can say tonight the season is over because I don't see Denver beating SD or Minn, but they can try.:tsk:

as a Texan poster on the Bronco board said with Andre Johnson this team is not that bad and she is right. they are over 500 when he plays

Kubs has done a great job this year. He is winning with Sage Rosenfes for crying out loud. Props to him.

The last play fake reminded me of Plummer to Rod Smith on the one to Andre Johnson. Great work by the Texans

Culter was off tonight as well, was not that happy with some of his throws.

Nomad
12-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Sage is 5-1 in his last 6 games! And I never heard of him!

Medford Bronco
12-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Sage is 5-1 in his last 6 games! And I never heard of him!

He was with Miami and was very ordinary there

we should credit Kubiak for doing a great job in Houston

now if you were to pick who would your rather have

Mario williams

Reggie Bush or

Vince Young

No contest Williams in a landslide

Stargazer
12-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Kubs has done a great job this year. He is winning with Sage Rosenfes for crying out loud. Props to him.

The last play fake reminded me of Plummer to Rod Smith on the one to Andre Johnson. Great work by the Texans

Culter was off tonight as well, was not that happy with some of his throws.

Getting chewed up and spitted out on the ground, that play fake was wide open.

Though Cutler wasn't his best tonight, can Denver EVER count on the defense to make a difference or atleast keep the Broncos in the game where there is a possible chance. This is my rant. This is what pisses me off about the team.

Nomad
12-13-2007, 11:10 PM
He was with Miami and was very ordinary there

we should credit Kubiak for doing a great job in Houston

now if you were to pick who would your rather have

Mario williams

Reggie Bush or

Vince Young

No contest Williams in a landslide

I think Kubiak is doing a great job with Sage and made the right choice going with Williams in the draft. Williams is only going to grow more into a beast!:shocked::eek:

broncofanatic1987
12-13-2007, 11:15 PM
It's practically guaranteed that the Broncos will lose at least 9 games this year, probably 10.

The only question is, will 6-10 get us a top ten draft pick?

There is little incentive to even try to win the next two games. Shanahan didn't even seem to be trying to win the game tonight, judging by some of the play calling.

There is little reason to believe that they can beat the Chargers or the Vikings.

rcsodak
12-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Ummm....yes, it IS over.

6-10

:tsk:

Stargazer
12-13-2007, 11:22 PM
There is little reason to believe that they can beat the Chargers or the Vikings.

With our defense?:laugh:

Broncos pull within 13-17. There's a reason the NFL network kept showing the Broncos offense on the bench while the Texans had the ball. Cutler, Schef. It's because the defense flat out blows. And you could see it in their faces. They never give the Broncos offense that quick 3 and out. This would have been a totally different game if the defense had just given the offense more opportunites. Especially when the Broncos pulled within 4.

Medford Bronco
12-13-2007, 11:26 PM
With our defense?:laugh:

Broncos pull within 13-17. There's a reason the NFL network kept showing the Broncos offense on the bench while the Texans had the ball. Cutler, Schef. It's because the defense flat out blows. And you could see it in their faces. They never give the Broncos offense that quick 3 and out. This would have been a totally different game if the defense had just given the offense more opportunites. Especially when the Broncos pulled within 4.

you only get the 3 and out vs KC and a rookie QB and no running game because of LJ being hurt

BANJOPICKER1
12-13-2007, 11:53 PM
@ Houston, @ SD, Vikings

Buffalo, Cincinnati, SF

@ KC, NY Jets, @ Indy

Um,,ya think its done now??

UnderArmour
12-14-2007, 12:13 AM
Um,,ya think its done now??

Good news for Denver: If San Diego can't beat the Lions there is an outside chance they can't beat the Raiders either.

Bad news for Denver: No Effing way.

omac
12-14-2007, 12:25 AM
you only get the 3 and out vs KC and a rookie QB and no running game because of LJ being hurt

Specifically, you get the 3 and out against teams that can't pass well enough to make Denver pay for putting 8 in the box.

Stargazer
12-14-2007, 12:54 AM
Good news for Denver: If San Diego can't beat the Lions there is an outside chance they can't beat the Raiders either.

Bad news for Denver: No Effing way.

If the Chargers lose their remaining 3 games, and the Broncos win their final 2Denver makes the playoffs and wins the division.:shocked: Oh WTF, it's over.:cool:

Lonestar
12-14-2007, 01:27 AM
If the Chargers lose their remaining 3 games, and the Broncos win their final 2Denver makes the playoffs and wins the division.:shocked: Oh WTF, it's over.:cool:

Only IF Jay wears a orange sock on his left foor and blue on the right and wears the jock strap he did in the KC game.

Your right it is/was over much earlier in the year but no one wanted to hear it..

omac
12-14-2007, 01:39 AM
Only IF Jay wears a orange sock on his left foor and blue on the right and wears the jock strap he did in the KC game.

Your right it is/was over much earlier in the year but no one wanted to hear it..

Nope, we had to see if they could adjust despite the setbacks, and for a few games, they have. They get knocked down, then they get up again .... :D That's what I like about them most.

Tned
12-14-2007, 03:36 AM
It's over. HELLO offseason!

Yea, even those amongst us that know that 'anything' can happen in sports, and therefore you don't give up early, have to realize that we are essentially down 3 games to 1 in a best of 7 with two outs in the 9th, while down by 5 runs. While it is possibly to have an incridble rally ('86 Mets :D), we are really only hanging on to 'statistical' chances getting into the playoffs, not realistic ones.

Once again, the Broncos failed to follow up an impressive performance with even a good one. Frustrating season.

SR
12-14-2007, 03:40 AM
Very frustrating season, but for us optimists and realists, it's just a sport and there is always next year to look forward to. In the mean time, here's to hoping Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, and Elvis Dumervil can get some more good stats before season's end.:beer:

sneakers
12-14-2007, 05:37 AM
2 more games to go.....then we have to wait 9 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad:

SR
12-14-2007, 05:46 AM
2 more games to go.....then we have to wait 9 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad:

I don't. Hockey season lasts until June. :D