PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Marshall, 70+ catches, 1,000+ yards and more TD's!

Requiem / The Dagda
12-09-2007, 06:29 PM
What a player. :) :beer:

Retired_Member_001
12-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Brandon Marshall is having a tremendous year.

Just think, he will still get better.

LoyalSoldier
12-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Not bad for a 4th round draft pick. ;)

UnderArmour
12-09-2007, 07:15 PM

Speaking of 4th round picks, Elvis isn't doing too bad either.

LoyalSoldier
12-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Speaking of 4th round picks, Elvis isn't doing too bad either.

Seems like it is a good round for us.

Peerless
12-09-2007, 07:18 PM

Who is also in his second year!

Wow.

Skinny
12-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Hooray for BMarsh. The only thing that's gonna stop him from having a great career is injury or his own bad desisions. Here's to neither getting in the way ... :beer:

Watchthemiddle
12-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Beast!!!

What a tremendous football player!!

Stand Ablaze
12-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Brandon Marshall is a flatout beast, I loved that play where he was shaking and baking like 6 Chiefs.

dogfish
12-09-2007, 07:34 PM
the air marshall is pimptastic. . .

you guys mentioned dumervil, and a few other guys from that draft class played pretty well today too. . . the chef had a few nice plays, and chris kuper played his best professional game today. . . oh yea, that jay cutler guy is pretty good too. . . :smile:

best draft class of the shenanigans era!

broncosfanscott
12-09-2007, 09:53 PM
What a player. :) :beer:

That he is and it will be fun watching him and Cutler grow and work together for years to come. :D

For those who mentioned Dumervil, he is a stud and I wish I could clone him a few times. ;)

TXBRONC
12-09-2007, 10:02 PM
the air marshall is pimptastic. . .

you guys mentioned dumervil, and a few other guys from that draft class played pretty well today too. . . the chef had a few nice plays, and chris kuper played his best professional game today. . . oh yea, that jay cutler guy is pretty good too. . . :smile:

best draft class of the shenanigans era!

Speaking of Dumervil, I recall him saying that would get double digit sacks this year. I guess he was right.

LoyalSoldier
12-10-2007, 12:42 AM
Speaking of Dumervil, I recall him saying that would get double digit sacks this year. I guess he was right.

Right now he is tied at #7 and only a half sack back of all the other guys except Kerney. Among DL he is #5.

I think in the AFC he is #2 and only half a sack back from 1st. It would really stink if he didn't make the probowl, but of course the best players don't always go.

Stand Ablaze
12-10-2007, 01:23 AM
Right now he is tied at #7 and only a half sack back of all the other guys except Kerney. Among DL he is #5.

I think in the AFC he is #2 and only half a sack back from 1st. It would really stink if he didn't make the probowl, but of course the best players don't always go.

Yup, it's basically a popularity contest.

SR
12-10-2007, 01:26 AM
What a game for Marshall, the best of his short career. Congrats on his first of many milestones to come.

Stargazer
12-10-2007, 02:44 AM
Yup, it's basically a popularity contest.

He will not go this year. And I imply this year...

:salute:

Hawgdriver
12-10-2007, 01:05 PM
This offseason I read a lot of press about how Marshall was working harder than he ever had--harder than his combine prep, harder than his college prep. He has the desire to be the best WR in the league, and I think he can do it. He has a long way to go, but if he stays healthy and keeps his attitude about as brash as it is right now (and no more)--who knows? He's already the top WR out of the 2006 draft, and one of the best in recent years. Calvin who?

I'll say it again--last year during the Seattle game, everyone was saying how crappy the Seahawks' tackling was to let Marshall get 70 YAC--but that's just what he does. Makes defenders look sloppy. It's harder than it looks!

BEAST!! Keep feedin' him the ball, Shanny!

I don't know about you, but when Shanny called in the post that Marshall caught for a TD, it felt like he wanted Jay and Brandon to assert their will on the defense. I was impressed.

Last note: Jay--not so high next time! (the pass that B. Marsh got his feet cut out).

Lonestar
12-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Did not see the game but just some hi-lites..

Sounds like he got two delay of game penalty's for being stupid after making the TD chances.. The last thing this team needs is a TO diversion. He is a great receiver but mikey better reign him in or it will be problems do the road.
If he really does want to be the best he should start acting like the GOAT and when he scores act like he has done it before and will do it again like Rice did..

omac
12-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Did not see the game but just some hi-lites..

Sounds like he got two delay of game penalty's for being stupid after making the TD chances.. The last thing this team needs is a TO diversion. He is a great receiver but mikey better reign him in or it will be problems do the road.
If he really does want to be the best he should start acting like the GOAT and when he scores act like he has done it before and will do it again like Rice did..

His celebration wasn't anything bad at all. It was a spur of the moment thing, it didn't taunt or degrade anyone, and really it was fun to watch, and even all the sportscasters agreed. It definitely wasn't worse than receivers jumping into the wall of fans. Unfortunately, the "snow" was considered a prop, so he was charged because of a technicality in the rule book.

Hawgdriver
12-10-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm sure Coach Shanahan will address it in the right way. For all of the hard work he's given the team and this city, he deserves to celebrate a little bit. I would actually like to see more of it, as long as there are no penalties and it's classy.

underrated29
12-10-2007, 04:05 PM
We havent seen a whoe lot of him yet but dont forget 4th rd marcus thomas, even though he is this years, and i am off subject.

Marshall is perfect in so many ways. 1. he idolizes boldin or fitz, cant remember which one, think its boldin though. Anyways thats a great player to model ones game after, instead of like a to or moss etc. 2. He NEVER runs out of bounds, ever. He would rather try to take it back in the middle to try and maybe even squeek out one more yard then give up. 3. He is having fun when doing all this. All smiles. When this happens he sees the competition as less then him, (not saying he doesnt respect the competition) just that he thinks that no matter what, he can get more yards even if he runs backwards or across the field. also the fun part for him, shows he wont ever get down, or lose focus and is ready to go everyplay.

Lonestar
12-10-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm sure Coach Shanahan will address it in the right way. For all of the hard work he's given the team and this city, he deserves to celebrate a little bit. I would actually like to see more of it, as long as there are no penalties and it's classy.

We havent seen a whoe lot of him yet but dont forget 4th rd marcus thomas, even though he is this years, and i am off subject.

Marshall is perfect in so many ways. 1. he idolizes boldin or fitz, cant remember which one, think its boldin though. Anyways thats a great player to model ones game after, instead of like a to or moss etc. 2. He NEVER runs out of bounds, ever. He would rather try to take it back in the middle to try and maybe even squeek out one more yard then give up. 3. He is having fun when doing all this. All smiles. When this happens he sees the competition as less then him, (not saying he doesnt respect the competition) just that he thinks that no matter what, he can get more yards even if he runs backwards or across the field. also the fun part for him, shows he wont ever get down, or lose focus and is ready to go everyplay.

With all the talk about calling him baby TO and all that in itself scared me..

Then to see the incident played and replayed reminded me of all the really stupid things that owens did and continues to do..

I did not see the game ANY ONE that could send me a DVD of it and the OAK game I'd reimburse their expenses to do so...

I am not against someone having fun out there but when it penalizes the team it should not be done period.. While it did not matter so much in this game there will be games where 5 yards let alone 15 could be the deciding factor..

Someone mentioned he is from Florida and he did it to show his folks at home the snow.. HE should have bought good video camera and sent them an you tube and saved the showboating for the Superbowl.

dogfish
12-10-2007, 06:06 PM

it's boldin, and they really do have some similarities-- boldin is a more polished route runner, but they are very comparable running after the catch and breaking tackles. . . i think they're the two most physical WRs in the league, and no one else is close. . .

which leads me to my other point. . . one thing you didn't mention about bmarsh is his blocking-- an area where he's been tremendously impressive this year. . . he has an obvious advantage with his size and strength, but ultimately blocking is about desire (rod smith and hines ward aren't big guys, but they're both lights out blockers)-- marshall clearly has that desire! you can tell from the look on his face and how he gets excited after throwing a good block. . . i love, LOVE to see that attitude in a wide receiver. . . those blocks on the outside are what open up the running lanes down the field and lead to big gainers, and they're something that's been largely missing from our offense the last few years. . . it's awesome to see a young guy get his hands dirty in an area where a lot of primadonna receivers won't give more than a token effort. . . says a lot about him IMO. . . .

omac
12-10-2007, 08:20 PM

Then to see the incident played and replayed reminded me of all the really stupid things that owens did and continues to do..

I did not see the game ANY ONE that could send me a DVD of it and the OAK game I'd reimburse their expenses to do so...

I am not against someone having fun out there but when it penalizes the team it should not be done period.. While it did not matter so much in this game there will be games where 5 yards let alone 15 could be the deciding factor..

Someone mentioned he is from Florida and he did it to show his folks at home the snow.. HE should have bought good video camera and sent them an you tube and saved the showboating for the Superbowl.

There is no celebration/attitude problem with Brandon Marshall; he didn't know what he did could cause a penalty, and even some of the sportscasters didn't know what the penalty was about until it was pointed out by someone. Very far cry from TO or Chad Johnson.

LoyalSoldier
12-10-2007, 08:22 PM
He only got one penalty for the celebration. The second time he waited to go over to the sidelines before he threw more snow. ;)

Stand Ablaze
12-10-2007, 08:47 PM

Most likely he didn't know he would get penalized, I mean if T.O doesn't get penalized for using popcorn as a prop during a national televised game, why would playing with snow be penalized?

And about the Florida thing, it was a joke. It's not like he doesn't have the money to send his family and friends over to denver to play with the snow. :hand:

DenBronx
12-10-2007, 09:21 PM
marshal is seriously becoming my favorite bronco. :smow:

BANJOPICKER1
12-10-2007, 09:27 PM
I had Dumervile and Marshal on my Fantasy team this year,,I lost but thats beside the point...I think they are going to be the leaders of our team for years to come..

Lonestar
12-10-2007, 10:51 PM
There is no celebration/attitude problem with Brandon Marshall; he didn't know what he did could cause a penalty, and even some of the sportscasters didn't know what the penalty was about until it was pointed out by someone. Very far cry from TO or Chad Johnson.

He only got one penalty for the celebration. The second time he waited to go over to the sidelines before he threw more snow. ;)

Most likely he didn't know he would get penalized, I mean if T.O doesn't get penalized for using popcorn as a prop during a national televised game, why would playing with snow be penalized?

And about the Florida thing, it was a joke. It's not like he doesn't have the money to send his family and friends over to denver to play with the snow. :hand:

Not being able to see the game and only seeing the Hi-lites both of which showed him with snow throwing and comment made by the announcers saying he was penalized twice for it had me worried.

Thanks for sharing..

TXBRONC
12-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Not being able to see the game and only seeing the Hi-lites both of which showed him with snow throwing and comment made by the announcers saying he was penalized twice for it had me worried.

Thanks for sharing..

The second time Marshall threw snow in the air it was while he was on the sideline, they can't penalize him for that.

Lonestar
12-10-2007, 11:08 PM
The second time Marshall threw snow in the air it was while he was on the sideline, they can't penalize him for that.

As I said I only saw the hi-lites and the announcers commented he was penalized twice for it. I'm sorry I did not get the game and the announcers are stupid..

I could not tell if he was on the sidelines from the shot I saw or in the end zone just him throwing snow up into the stands their was no frame of reference from the camera.

Hawgdriver
12-10-2007, 11:09 PM
which leads me to my other point. . . one thing you didn't mention about bmarsh is his blocking-- an area where he's been tremendously impressive this year. . . he has an obvious advantage with his size and strength, but ultimately blocking is about desire (rod smith and hines ward aren't big guys, but they're both lights out blockers)-- marshall clearly has that desire! you can tell from the look on his face and how he gets excited after throwing a good block. . . i love, LOVE to see that attitude in a wide receiver. . . those blocks on the outside are what open up the running lanes down the field and lead to big gainers, and they're something that's been largely missing from our offense the last few years. . . it's awesome to see a young guy get his hands dirty in an area where a lot of primadonna receivers won't give more than a token effort. . . says a lot about him IMO. . . .

How could I forget!!! ???

How many times have you seen running plays toward #15, and the guys he's on is lost in the oblivion of the edges of the screen? I actually noticed that this game or the one before--they are sending running plays his way quite often, cos they know they can count on him to seal off the tackler. Every time I see him on a running play, I'm thinkin' 'POWND!!'

TXBRONC
12-10-2007, 11:12 PM
As I said I only saw the hi-lites and the announcers commented he was penalized twice for it. I'm sorry I did not get the game and the announcers are stupid..

I could not tell if he was on the sidelines from the shot I saw or in the end zone just him throwing snow up into the stands their was no frame of reference from the camera.

I'm not criticizing you Jr.

Lonestar
12-10-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm not criticizing you Jr.

thanks for clarifying that..

pnbronco
12-11-2007, 07:03 AM
I heard on the radio tonight from Foxy was that Marshall has played defense, I think safety. So he is not afraid to hit or be hit. I understand your concern Jrwiz, esp with all the stuff that TO has done. Shany is not big on celebrations and I trust that he will let Marshall know that. No one knew that snow would be considered a prop and that's what the penalty was. When he tossed some snow the second time it was long after the play was over and he was walking to the bench, a kid thing. I think it was put best that the veterans need to teach him to act like Rice in all aspects of the game and no one will ever forget you.

Hawgdriver
12-11-2007, 11:02 AM
I realized last night why I'm so fired up about Marshall.

Growing up, from fourth grade onward through college, I would play football. I only played one year of high school football, but I would always play during lunch anyhow, even in high school. I would do my best to outcatch, outrun, and out-juke everyone else. I was pretty decent, and I always had this dream that I could be an NFL wide receiver. This wasn't one of those dreams that ever had a shot of becoming true, but it was a dream I savored nonetheless. I would do sprints after school, catch the ball in weird positions as I jumped on the trampoline (I would often land on my back, and the ball would come down as I sprung up), draw up dozens of conjured routes for lunch ball, and watch Steve Largent (while I lived in Seattle, '83-'89) and Jerry Rice (while I lived in N. Cal, '89-'93) do amazing things on the field. I never did make the NFL, but I've always enjoyed playing the sport, and I've always played the sport in one form or another. I'm sure it's the same for many of us.

The thing about B. Marsh is that that's the guy I wanted to be!

When I was playing ball from 4th grade to military intramurals, I always wanted to be the guy that everybody looks at and says, "damn, how'd he catch that?", or "damn, he made that dude look silly"

Yep, that's B. Marsh. If I ended up making that dream come true, I might be smilin' and celebratin' too. Just no more penalties, brah. But keep the celebrations comin'.

DenBronx
12-14-2007, 03:26 PM
marshal is now 6th in the league in recieving yards. only 3 yards shy of being in 5th by fitzgerald. no doubt that he is the future. he was being double and triple teamed at times too.

my favorite play last night was when it took like all 11 guys to bring him down.

Lonestar
12-14-2007, 04:16 PM
I heard on the radio tonight from Foxy was that Marshall has played defense, I think safety. So he is not afraid to hit or be hit. I understand your concern Jrwiz, esp with all the stuff that TO has done. Shany is not big on celebrations and I trust that he will let Marshall know that. No one knew that snow would be considered a prop and that's what the penalty was. When he tossed some snow the second time it was long after the play was over and he was walking to the bench, a kid thing. I think it was put best that the veterans need to teach him to act like Rice in all aspects of the game and no one will ever forget you.

I'd take Rod as an example also..

TXBRONC
12-14-2007, 06:13 PM
marshal is now 6th in the league in recieving yards. only 3 yards shy of being in 5th by fitzgerald. no doubt that he is the future. he was being double and triple teamed at times too.

my favorite play last night was when it took like all 11 guys to bring him down.

Mine from last night was the leaping catch over the middle.

What's interesting is that he has chance to hit the 100 catch mark.

Watchthemiddle
12-14-2007, 07:24 PM

That play was sick. I don't think he gained a yard, maybe even lost a yard but that stiff arm he threw to start the sequence was great.

My second favorite play by him last night was when the ref fell down and the camera caught Marshall with a big grin on his face...:laugh:

That was a good play too. He had guys drapped all over him it seemed all night and he still had 11 catches. I was hoping to see him go deep a time or two but I don't recall us ever throwing deep one time in that game.

broncosfanscott
12-14-2007, 09:42 PM

He has a good chance with 86 rec. and two games to go.

Hopefully he can end with 100 rec. and 1,300 yds. However, I would like to see him in the endzone more.

And to think this is only just the beginning. I have had friends of mine tell me how impressed they are of this kid.

TXBRONC
12-14-2007, 10:33 PM
He has a good chance with 86 rec. and two games to go.

Hopefully he can end with 100 rec. and 1,300 yds. However, I would like to see him in the end zone more.

And to think this is only just the beginning. I have had friends of mine tell me how impressed they are of this kid.

That would be nice if he had more touchdown receptions, but wide receivers historically in the Broncos offense don't put big numbers in touchdown receptions. Rod has only had two season where he put up double digit touchdown receptions. In 1997 he had 12 and in 2001 he had 11.

Watchthemiddle
12-14-2007, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by dogfish
which leads me to my other point. . . one thing you didn't mention about bmarsh is his blocking-- an area where he's been tremendously impressive this year. . . he has an obvious advantage with his size and strength, but ultimately blocking is about desire (rod smith and hines ward aren't big guys, but they're both lights out blockers)-- marshall clearly has that desire! you can tell from the look on his face and how he gets excited after throwing a good block. . . i love, LOVE to see that attitude in a wide receiver. . . those blocks on the outside are what open up the running lanes down the field and lead to big gainers, and they're something that's been largely missing from our offense the last few years. . . it's awesome to see a young guy get his hands dirty in an area where a lot of primadonna receivers won't give more than a token effort. . . says a lot about him IMO. .

He had a nice crack back block on Mario last night. One thing we have done well over the years as a team with the WR's is block down field.

DenBronx
12-14-2007, 11:05 PM
That play was sick. I don't think he gained a yard, maybe even lost a yard but that stiff arm he threw to start the sequence was great.

My second favorite play by him last night was when the ref fell down and the camera caught Marshall with a big grin on his face...:laugh:

haha yeah that was halarious. how can you not laugh when a ref trips over backwards right before a snap?? i kept thinking of that during work today and couldnt stop laughing when customers were in front of me...they must of thought i was weird for laughing at nothing. :lol:

also, not to make this a dj thread but did you see the hit he layed on their runningback? that guy was going north full speed ahead then then went west on a dime. he got JACKED UP!

Watchthemiddle
12-14-2007, 11:40 PM
haha yeah that was halarious. how can you not laugh when a ref trips over backwards right before a snap?? i kept thinking of that during work today and couldnt stop laughing when customers were in front of me...they must of thought i was weird for laughing at nothing. :lol:

also, not to make this a dj thread but did you see the hit he layed on their runningback? that guy was going north full speed ahead then then went west on a dime. he got JACKED UP!

:laugh:

I just laughed out loud here at work just thinking about it again.

I am not sure what happened on that play for our offense, but if I was Cutler and that happened directly in front of me I am sure I would have messed up the play.

Lonestar
12-15-2007, 01:43 AM

:laugh:

I just laughed out loud here at work just thinking about it again.

I am not sure what happened on that play for our offense, but if I was Cutler and that happened directly in front of me I am sure I would have messed up the play.

A de-cleater at its best..:salute:

Stargazer
12-15-2007, 02:42 AM
Not enough to garner pro bowl status, but a great 2nd year for Marshall.

Great to have him as a Bronco.

TXBRONC
12-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Not enough to garner pro bowl status, but a great 2nd year for Marshall.

Great to have him as a Bronco.

If he had double digit touchdow reception I wonder if that would make a difference.