PDA

View Full Version : Blackout Question?

DenverDude88
09-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Hey Broncos fans! I am a die Hard Broncos fan that lives on the East Coast so I have NFL Sunday Ticket! I heard the game is blacked out in Oakland. Does this mean I will not be able to watch the game? Please give me the good news!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Hey Broncos fans! I am a die Hard Broncos fan that lives on the East Coast so I have NFL Sunday Ticket! I heard the game is blacked out in Oakland. Does this mean I will not be able to watch the game? Please give me the good news!

I would guess it means it is only blacked out in the Oakland area. Here you go:

http://www.forbes.com/2009/09/25/nfl-football-television-business-sports-blackout.html

That's the count as the Detroit Lions and Oakland Raiders failed to sell out their home games in time to get on the tube locally. The NFL blackout rule mandates that a game must sell out within 72 hours of kickoff or it won't be televised within 75 miles of the stadium.

honz
09-26-2009, 08:20 PM

You should get the game. It is only blacked out in the Bay Area.

DenverDude88
09-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the quick responses! I am excited for the game tomorrow! You guys made my night! GO BRONCOS!!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the quick responses! I am excited for the game tomorrow! You guys made my night! GO BRONCOS!!!!

Yes - GO BRONCOS - and :welcome: to Broncos Forums

Tned
09-26-2009, 08:32 PM

As Carol said, the blackout is only in the Oakland area.

Prior to the last two years, the only time NFL Sunday ticket games were blacked out was if a local team was being played and a broadcast station in your area was playing the game.

At least around here, they haven't even done that in the last two seasons.

Lonestar
09-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Welcome to our little slice of heaven.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone.

vonnyz
09-27-2009, 06:32 PM
I have direct TV... Was expecting it to be blaked out here but it wasnt :)