PDA

View Full Version : PItt vs NE Game Day Analysis

Medford Bronco
12-09-2007, 09:51 AM
Keys to the game for Pitt

NO TURNOVERS pitt, and that meas you Big Ben. This is not Cincy or the Dophins where you can throw pics and stil win.

Willie Parker must run for 100 yards and NOT FUMBLE. come on fast Willie

must get TDs in the red zone, not FGs. when playing an offense as great at NEs you must convert

Pressure Pressure Pressure, pleast Pitt go after Brady, do not have a Brain Cramp like Billick and Rex Timeout Ryan and
sit back at the end of the game and rush 3. Bring 4 and sometimes 6... Blitz hit Brady as hard as possible, (not hurting him our couse but just intimidation etc like Pitt can)

Must win the turnover battle. Be a plus one at least or even at the worst

Get a big play special teams, either a turnover by NE or a great punt return or kickoff return.

Get a lead and then do not be stupid like Kyle Boller and AJ Feeley were at the end of the games.
Take what the defense gives you, The Pats defense is suspect in the middle especially and you can move the ball on them. IMO

For NE you must run the football better than you have the last few weeks.

When you are pass happy then its very very hard to be tough when needed to run the ball. I know they have the talent to do this with Maroney and Faulk but will they get out of the pass happy stance, who knows

cause a turnover, Big Ben is capable of turning it over at times when pressured. Will R Seymour shake off his bad game from last week and pressure Big Ben?

Must cut off the intermediate routes that Balt and philly ran the last few weeks. I think they can but must step up.

FInally the most important thing, will NE stop the run better, if they dont they could possibly lose this game as Pitt is much better than Balt and Philly and their defense will pressure Brady and not let him have a day an a half to make reads to find, Moss, Welker and Watson with Faulk underneath

I know most here wont be watching but I will as its my local game.

I see this as a very close game and fun to watch :salute:

SR
12-09-2007, 09:58 AM
I've got NE on this one.

Nomad
12-09-2007, 01:46 PM
I'll be flipping between both games. I think NE wins in easy fashion!

Nomad
12-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Smith is getting embarrassed today, so much for guaranting a win.:laugh:

broncosfanscott
12-09-2007, 10:39 PM
So much for that guarantee and the Steelers being in consideration for one of the top teams.

Unless they lose to the Dolphins :laugh: or the Jets :laugh:, there week 17 game at the Giants will be an interesting game to watch.

WTE
12-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Pittsburgh played well in the 1st half but got shut down in the 2nd.

At one point Brady threw 33 times in a row. Incredible.