PDA

View Full Version : B-Marsh has the 'thousand yard stare'

SR
12-09-2007, 01:24 AM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2007/dec/08/marshall-has-that-thousand-yard-stare/

Lonestar
12-09-2007, 03:35 AM
Marshall has that thousand-yard stare
By Jeff Legwold, Rocky Mountain News
Saturday, December 8, 2007

As Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall nudges closer to his first 1,000-yard season as a pro - he needs 86 yards - the team's dean of the 1,000-yard receiving season is hoping for more.

"It's truly up to him," said Rod Smith, who holds virtually all the team's receiving records, including having eight 1,000- yard seasons. "A thousand yards? In this league. that is truly one of those things - the four-digit mark is a big deal, it's always going to be a big deal.

"For him, the sky's the limit, I really think he should hit that, as long as he stays healthy. He's going to get better and he's got to want to get better, build on that."

Marshall leads the team in catches (65) by a margin of 26, in yards receiving (914) by a margin of 300 and is tied for the team lead in touchdown receptions, with four.

Marshall, in his second NFL season, had his only 1,000-yard season in college as a senior at Central Florida, finishing with 1,195 yards.

"The way I look at it, 16 games, that's not very much a game to hit 1,000," Marshall said. "If it was 1,500, then I'd be ready to say it was something. I know a thousand yards is definitely an accomplishment, but I'm hoping for bigger and better things."

Asked what those things would be, Marshall said, "You know, 1,300, 1,500, winning a lot of games, going to the playoffs, those type of things."

"I'm proud and happy for him, but it's about being healthy and being consistent," Smith said. "I'll tell him to dwell on it for a minute and then do what he has to do to make it better. You don't want to be a guy with a thousand yards one season and 300 the next, when you were healthy the whole year. You don't want to be that guy."

Nomad
12-09-2007, 08:22 AM
I hope the best for Marshall because he's going to be a great one. I only hope he remains a team player and doesn't let the fame and accomplishments get to his head and want a ridiculous payout or move to a different team if he doesn't get his way. I hope to see him stay humble like Rod Smith and always be a BRONCO because Cutler to Marshall will be words like Stockton to Malone and I look forward to many years seeing Cutler to Marshall. Today Marshall should be able to get the 86 yds he needs.

topscribe
12-09-2007, 12:22 PM
Through Marshall's development as a receiver, if Javon can regain his health,
the Broncos will have one of the elite receiving corps in the league. Just
consider: Walker, Marshall, Stokely, Scheffler.

Marshall is a budding superstar, and not just because he is a terrific receiver.
He is perhaps the finest blocker I have seen among receivers. He's the total
package, as they say.

All the likes of Moss and T.O. have that Marshall lacks are delusions of grandeur.

-----

BaiLeY324
12-09-2007, 12:27 PM
1,000 is nice, but 1,200 is great.

gobroncsnv
12-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Wins and rings are even better...

Requiem / The Dagda
12-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Yes, as Top mentioned - his blocking is perhaps more impressive than anything else. How many times have we seen him down field sealing off a big run or getting in someone's face and knocking them into the ground? There ain't many receivers like that, and he definitely takes pride in it. I would also agree that if Walker comes back healthy, we'd have a truly elite corps after witnessing what we have this season from a group of receivers and offense in general riddled with injuries. Get Cutler another receiver (just for fun!) and we'd be DOMINANT.

BaiLeY324
12-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Yes, as Top mentioned - his blocking is perhaps more impressive than anything else. How many times have we seen him down field sealing off a big run or getting in someone's face and knocking them into the ground? There ain't many receivers like that, and he definitely takes pride in it. I would also agree that if Walker comes back healthy, we'd have a truly elite corps after witnessing what we have this season from a group of receivers and offense in general riddled with injuries. Get Cutler another receiver (just for fun!) and we'd be DOMINANT.

And a line.....

broncosfanscott
12-09-2007, 10:34 PM
1,000 yards and there are 3 games left. :D

Stargazer
12-09-2007, 11:22 PM
I hope the best for Marshall because he's going to be a great one. I only hope he remains a team player and doesn't let the fame and accomplishments get to his head and want a ridiculous payout or move to a different team if he doesn't get his way. I hope to see him stay humble like Rod Smith and always be a BRONCO because Cutler to Marshall will be words like Stockton to Malone and I look forward to many years seeing Cutler to Marshall. Today Marshall should be able to get the 86 yds he needs.

If he continues to progress he will get the rediculous payout. And I don't mind to see Marshall show fire in his belly, which he does. I'm not saying TO mental, but Shannon Sharpe played with a ton of fire. I like it.