PDA

View Full Version : knowshon added to injury list after friday practice

T.K.O.
09-25-2009, 04:59 PM
Moreno added to Broncos injury report
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 25, 2009 5:31 PM ET
Randy Moss wasn't the only surprising late addition to the injury report Friday.

The Broncos added No. 12 overall pick Knowshon Moreno as questionable with a groin injury after he missed practice Friday. Brandon Stokley (thigh) is also questionable after spotty participation throughout the week.

Moreno had 19 touches for Denver in their win over Cleveland and practiced Wednesday and Thursday, so his inclusion on the injury report is rather unexpected.

Correll Buckhalter has been splitting work with Moreno to this point. If the rookie is out, look for LaMont Jordan and Peyton Hillis to get more carries against Oakland.

T.K.O.
09-25-2009, 05:01 PM
might not be so bad if hillis can get rollin' we could use a 250 pounder against that line !

frauschieze
09-25-2009, 05:03 PM
A GROIN injury? Not again......

Denver Native (Carol)
09-25-2009, 05:05 PM
I am sure it is a wait and see by game time. There have been players on the injury list, which are listed as questionable, and they play.

TXBRONC
09-25-2009, 05:08 PM
A GROIN injury? Not again......

I don't what to make this. McDaniels is taking the same approach is injury report that Belichick takes. Up until late season I think Tom Brady was injury list with bum shoulder for like three or four straight years.

Day1BroncoFan
09-25-2009, 05:10 PM
If this is a real injury I have to start wondering about Moreno's durability. Hopefully it's a ploy.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-25-2009, 05:32 PM
email just received:

INJURY REPORT
Denver Broncos at Oakland Raiders -- Sept. 27, 2009

Denver Broncos

Out: LB/FB Spencer Larsen (Shoulder)

Questionable: RB Knowshon Moreno (Groin); DL Le Kevin Smith (Knee); WR Brandon Stokley (Thigh)

Probable: S Josh Barrett (Shoulder); WR Jabar Gaffney (Finger); LB Mario Haggan (Knee); G Ben Hamilton (Hamstring); G Chris Kuper (Ankle); QB Kyle Orton (Right Finger)

Oakland Raiders

Out: G Robert Gallery (Fibula); WR Nick Miller (Shin); WR Chaz Schilens (Foot)

Doubtful: S Hiram Eugene (Calf)

Probable: CB Nnamdi Asomugha (Wrist); WR Johnnie Lee Higgins (Shoulder); LB Kirk Morrison (Elbow); DE Richard Seymour (Knee)

Definition of Categories
Out = Definitely will not play
Doubtful = At least 75% chance will not play
Questionable = 50-50 chance will not play
Probable = Virtual certainty will be available for normal duty

Dortoh
09-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Schefter is saying thigh injury happened late in practice thursday or some such thing.

BroncoSojia
09-25-2009, 06:13 PM
Schefter is saying thigh injury happened late in practice thursday or some such thing.

What did he say about his chances of playing this sunday?

honz
09-25-2009, 06:19 PM
I blame Tuten. Overtime was right, Moreno is a bust.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-25-2009, 06:46 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/09/25/knowshon-stokley-miss-friday-practice/

There were some surprises on the Broncos’ injury report Friday. Rookie running back Knowshon Moreno did not participate in the Friday practice because of a groin injury. Veteran receiver Brandon Stokley also didn’t practice Friday because of a thigh injury.

Stokley also didn’t practice Wednesday because of his thigh injury but he returned on a limited basis Thursday. Moreno was not previously listed on the injury report so he apparently suffered the groin injury during practice Thursday.

Both Moreno and Stokley are listed as questionable for the game Sunday at Oakland. Stokley’s gimpy status could mean veteran receiver Brandon Lloyd will be activated Sunday for the first time since signing with the Broncos.

On the encouraging side of the injury report, left guard Ben Hamilton returned to practice after missing Thursday with a hamstring injury. Hamilton is listed as probable for the Raiders’ game.

claymore
09-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Insert negative comment here/

DenBronx
09-25-2009, 07:18 PM
is there anyway our first rounders can actually start making an impact on this team? this dudes made of glass. :tsk:

T.K.O.
09-25-2009, 08:08 PM
its all part of mcD's evil plan ,we will wear them down with hillis for the 1st half then surprise them with a fresh moreno in the 2nd.......;)

Superchop 7
09-26-2009, 12:38 AM
He was working on his "Icky Shuffle" dance.

Give him a break.

Athletes who sustain a groin strain will want to incorporate a stretching program as part of their rehabilitation. Some simple stretches can help ease the symptoms of a groin strain. Furthermore, stretching can be a useful part of preventing groin injuries from occurring.
As a general rule, the stretches should not hurt. There should be a gentle pulling sensation of the muscle, but this should not be painful.

The first stretch is the squatting adductor stretch:

Squat to the ground with your arms between your legs.

Allow your knees to move outwards.

Stretch your legs apart by pushing out with your elbows.

Dman444
09-26-2009, 12:57 AM
This was one of the knocks for Moreno coming out of college, he is not very durable. unfortunately we've already seen this. He's been hurt in every game he's played in and he's also getting hurt in practice.

Let's hope this changes.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-26-2009, 01:10 AM
Durability was never an issue for him in college.

honz
09-26-2009, 12:46 PM
This was one of the knocks for Moreno coming out of college, he is not very durable. unfortunately we've already seen this. He's been hurt in every game he's played in and he's also getting hurt in practice.

Let's hope this changes.
Wrong about not being durable in college. He has not shown he can stay healthy yet in the Pros, but lets hope it's just a string of bad luck. None of his injuries have been overly serious.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-26-2009, 03:07 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/09/25/stokleys-injury-could-mean-more-work-for-marshall/

Wide receiver Brandon Stokley missed Friday’s practice because of a thigh injury that limited him this week.

If Stokley doesn’t play Sunday in Oakland, and he will have to improve significantly Saturday to be on the field for the game, that could push Brandon Marshall into the line lineup all the more.

Folks have wondered why Marshall spent so much time on the sideline, especially in the second quarter, of the Broncos’ win over the Browns last weekend. McDaniels has maintained everybody on the roster is going to be involved so sometimes players are going to have to stand and watch others play.

But if Stokley is not in the lineup, that pushes Marshall up the chart a little. Especially in the three wide look where Eddie Royal would be far more suited to play for Stokley in the slot or even Jabar Gaffney as well.

That could put Marshall in one of those outside slots in passing situations.

rcsodak
09-27-2009, 11:13 AM
I don't what to make this. McDaniels is taking the same approach is injury report that Belichick takes. Up until late season I think Tom Brady was injury list with bum shoulder for like three or four straight years.

And your point is.......?

Maybe they should be more like Tannenbaum and the OTHER ex-pat coach, and NOT list?

NFL says they HAVE to disclose injury. Belichik hated the rule, and took it to the limit just to be an ass. Something tells me a rookie head coach, whether under his tutelage or not, is going to play it a little more guided.

rcsodak
09-27-2009, 11:17 AM
He was working on his "Icky Shuffle" dance.

Give him a break.

Athletes who sustain a groin strain will want to incorporate a stretching program as part of their rehabilitation. Some simple stretches can help ease the symptoms of a groin strain. Furthermore, stretching can be a useful part of preventing groin injuries from occurring.
As a general rule, the stretches should not hurt. There should be a gentle pulling sensation of the muscle, but this should not be painful.

The first stretch is the squatting adductor stretch:

Squat to the ground with your arms between your legs.

Allow your knees to move outwards.

Stretch your legs apart by pushing out with your elbows.

Where's your quote marks? :confused:

Nomad
09-27-2009, 11:18 AM
And your point is.......?

Maybe they should be more like Tannenbaum and the OTHER ex-pat coach, and NOT list?

NFL says they HAVE to disclose injury. Belichik hated the rule, and took it to the limit just to be an ass. Something tells me a rookie head coach, whether under his tutelage or not, is going to play it a little more guided.

I have always been an advocate for coaches having the option of giving their starting line-ups and injury reports. I don't see why they have to give an injury report. They could say, "he may or may not play".:whoknows:

rcsodak
09-27-2009, 11:18 AM

Let's hope this changes.

:confused:

....'esplain yooself, loosy.

rcsodak
09-27-2009, 11:20 AM
I have always been an advocate for coaches having the option of giving their starting line-ups and injury reports. I don't see why they have to give an injury report. They could say, "he may or may not play".:whoknows:

Fantasy Footballers disagree with you...

...as do the bookies in 'Vegas. ;)

Nomad
09-27-2009, 11:21 AM
Fantasy Footballers disagree with you...

...as do the bookies in 'Vegas. ;)

eff Fantasy Football and Vegas!!;) It's all about my team winning and strategy!

gobroncsnv
09-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Meanwhile, back to Moreno... I think he could throw out a hearty "HOW YA LIKE ME NOW!!!!" Kid had a GREAT game, got his first paydirt, I was REALLY hoping he'd get his first 100 yd game, but not to be today. McD was smart to get him out of there. The 100's will come in time.
Go Buckhalter!

Bronco Warrior
09-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Guess so much for a groin strain huh! The rookie shined! Little better cutback vision and he will bust alot more long ones!

Kaylore
09-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Much ado about nothing.

Bronco Warrior
09-28-2009, 11:38 AM

Let's hope this changes.

Funny! He never missed a snap in college due to injury. So your statement is False!:throwrock:

T.K.O.
09-28-2009, 11:57 AM
moreno looked very good at times ,but he definately needs to realize when your knockin on the goal line,(in the pro's) there is no time to stop and think....just pick your spot and hit it with all you got ! thats my motto...

TXBRONC
09-28-2009, 12:34 PM
moreno looked very good at times ,but he definately needs to realize when your knockin on the goal line,(in the pro's) there is no time to stop and think....just pick your spot and hit it with all you got ! thats my motto...

I'm not sure what you mean T.K.O.