PDA

View Full Version : Solid piece on our upcoming games QB

Dortoh
09-25-2009, 11:34 AM
"Off-the-Marcus :laugh:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10119548/NFL-Truths:-Brady-will-always-hear-the-footsteps

JaMarcus Russell makes Ryan Leaf look like a Hall of Famer.

Do not get caught up in the hype that Russell's game-winning drive against the Chiefs is some sort of sign that he's a competent NFL quarterback. He's not.

Never in my life have I seen QB play as bad as I witnessed from Off-The-Marcus Russell. From his demeanor, body language and the way he trotted off the field after every Oakland three-and-out series, Russell looked nothing like an NFL quarterback last week.

Until his game-winning drive, Off-The-Marcus had completed three of 17 passes for 42 yards. He missed countless open receivers. He never once read a defense. Despite being as big as most left tackles, Off-The-Marcus never threatened to tuck the ball and run.

He got lucky at the end of the game. The Chiefs softened their defense and the refs bailed him out with a questionable late-hit call.

underrated29
09-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Yeah baby. Load the box to stuff the run. Then blitz the hell out that tubby bastage. Picks or sacks all night long for our defense. I think we might get 2 d tds.

honz
09-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Color me worried.

Dortoh
09-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Maybe its just Friday but "off-the-Marcus Russell" cracks me the **** up.

NameUsedBefore
09-25-2009, 12:01 PM
Russell really is a terrible QB; it's strange, though, because he had shown some progress last year. It's like he has dropped all knowledge of football and goes out there and just wings it completely. It could be on the assault and battery head coach or maybe just the shitville organization as a whole.

T.K.O.
09-25-2009, 12:04 PM
this is a game that could be a HUGE determining factor as to wether or not we make the playoffs....i know its week 3 but after last years collapse i have a new respect for early div. games.i think the team is painfully aware of this as well,so we should DESTROY the raiduhs.
i dont see anyway we lose if we bring 100%...they are the raiders and they still suck:salute:

SoCalImport
09-25-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm not so much worried about THEIR offense as I am about OURS.
The Raiders appear back playing very solid defense (as do we), so it'll likely be a low scoring game.
In fact I won't surprised at all if the defenses score more than the O.

T.K.O.
09-25-2009, 12:26 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bAWc333bx92L/520x.jpg
they're comin' to getcha.....

Slick
09-25-2009, 12:29 PM
With Slowick at the helm, Fatty would be destined for a hall of fame caliber day. I'm glad we're going in to this game with Nolan dialing up the plays.

TXBRONC
09-25-2009, 12:47 PM
I think he completed 7 passes for entire game that wont cut it for long in the NFL.

honz
09-25-2009, 02:11 PM
I think he completed 7 passes for entire game that wont cut it for long in the NFL.

He won the game though. He is a proven winner.

underrated29
09-25-2009, 02:17 PM
He won the game though. He is a proven winner.

Only in the buffet line.

T.K.O.
09-25-2009, 02:32 PM
and he's a fashion idol......61 million? thats like 2 mil a td when his contract is up !http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/jamarcus.jpg

Lonestar
09-25-2009, 02:59 PM
My only concern is it may take three men and small boy to bring down that tub o lard on a blitz. Not sure they will allow us to play 18 on defense. :D

T.K.O.
09-25-2009, 03:47 PM
My only concern is it may take three men and small boy to bring down that tub o lard on a blitz. Not sure they will allow us to play 18 on defense. :D

yeah but jamarcass has only completed 32% of his passes...and that was WITHOUT doom hanging on his shoulders.....:beer: