PDA

View Full Version : Brian Dawkins - TIME FOR WAR!!

topscribe
09-24-2009, 08:56 PM
One man wrecking crew!

5JizfUAyL_4

Are you glad we got him, or what??

-----

Requiem / The Dagda
09-24-2009, 09:05 PM
His speeches jack me the **** up every time. This guy is all about passion. 250 ******* percent every time he steps on the field. There is nobody in the NFL who brings it harder. Maybe Ray Lewis, but he's killed people so I expect that sort of swagger.

jrelway
09-24-2009, 09:07 PM
hope we see some safety blitzes from dawkins. as immobile as jamarcus is, we could have a field day.

honz
09-24-2009, 09:09 PM
hope we see some safety blitzes from dawkins. as immobile as jamarcus is, we could have a field day.

We'll have to be careful blitzing smaller guys. JaFatty may crush them if he happens to fall on top of them.

shank
09-24-2009, 09:12 PM
:chub:

gobroncsnv
09-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Couldn't have been better week to put this one on... Good job, Top.

I REALLY liked Lynch, but I think Dawkins is an upgrade! We ratcheted up a whole extra level. EXPONENTIALLY better than the Lost Boys who played for us last year. If our pass rush can keep up the pressure, we'll have us some picks.

GREAT secondary we have!

topscribe
09-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Couldn't have been better week to put this one on... Good job, Top.

I REALLY liked Lynch, but I think Dawkins is an upgrade! We ratcheted up a whole extra level. EXPONENTIALLY better than the Lost Boys who played for us last year. If our pass rush can keep up the pressure, we'll have us some picks.

GREAT secondary we have!

Much as I liked Lynch, B-Dawk is Lynch on steroids!! (Figuratively, of course)

-----

Dman444
09-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Much as I liked Lynch, B-Dawk is Lynch on steroids!! (Figuratively, of course)

-----

I loved Lynch, but it's true, B-Dawk is so much more intense. I can't believe the Eagles just let him walk.

BroncoWave
09-25-2009, 01:20 AM
All the Eagles fans I know are so furious that he's gone. They have all told me that they will give him a huge standing ovation when we play them in week 16.

Dirk
09-25-2009, 05:29 AM
Neat vid...thanks for finding and posting it Top!

claymore
09-25-2009, 06:47 AM
All the Eagles fans I know are so furious that he's gone. They have all told me that they will give him a huge standing ovation when we play them in week 16.

Thats what happened when Lynch came to Tampa. It was awesome seeing a Bronco cheered by other fans. :D

TXBRONC
09-25-2009, 10:02 AM
I looking foward to the defense unleashing him on Rivers. :elefant:

Reidman
09-25-2009, 12:48 PM
I love the passion he brings. Not too many play for love of the game anymore...you get the feeling he'd still be knockin heads off even if he wasn't getting paid...

Last two games he seems to always be around the ball/play....awesome!

T.K.O.
09-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Last two games he seems to always be around the ball/play....awesome!

its funny how alot of people were talking about his age when we picked him up....he plays faster and harder than alot of 25 yr olds who are good enough to play in the nfl.
i dont see him slowing down for a couple more years....if then:defense:

Zweems56
09-25-2009, 03:00 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qe5B8W8ZyR4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qe5B8W8ZyR4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Better song too, imho.

Zweems56
09-25-2009, 03:11 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3khF1NmIWeQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3khF1NmIWeQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Also this shit is hilarious and awesome.

dogfish
09-25-2009, 03:58 PM
chuck norris calls brian dawkins "sir"

brian dawkins is so awesome he got top to post a video with a hip hop track

brian dawkins is twice the player john lynch was

TXBRONC
09-25-2009, 04:42 PM

That something special when you can get a wrinkling old guy to play hip hop. :lol:

Sorry Top. :fear:

Lonestar
09-25-2009, 04:57 PM

Do you suppose that being in coyer/mcslowitts scheme might also have something to do with John not quite being at dawkins level in a real D

dogfish
09-25-2009, 05:12 PM
Do you suppose that being in coyer/mcslowitts scheme might also have something to do with John not quite being at dawkins level in a real D

no, because lynch was a multiple pro bowler for one of the league's better defenses, under a legendary coordinator when he was in his prime, and even then he wasn't close to dawkins in his prime. . . lynch was a good player, for sure, but at the top of his game dawkins was one of THE very best safeties to put on pads. . . he belongs in the conversation with the best to ever play, he was the prototype for today's safety. . . guy basically revolutionized what was expected of the position. . .

he had the range and instincts to handle the deep zones in one-deep coverages and make plays from sideline to sideline, and the speed and athleticism to man up any tight end and a lot of wide receivers-- and he combined that with the toughness and physicality to come up in the box and play the run like an extra linebacker. . . plus he was a terror as a blitzer. . . dude could line up in the slot, in the box or over the top, he neutralized mismatches all over the field, and he was an intimidating hitter. . . even at 36, he can still lay the lumber. . .

he's possibly the most complete safety the game has seen. . . .

Reidman
09-25-2009, 07:27 PM
its funny how alot of people were talking about his age when we picked him up....he plays faster and harder than alot of 25 yr olds who are good enough to play in the nfl.
i dont see him slowing down for a couple more years....if then:defense:

Yeah, admittedly I was one of them. He has proved me way wrong so far...hope he stays healthy all season..

TXBRONC
09-25-2009, 08:34 PM
no, because lynch was a multiple pro bowler for one of the league's better defenses, under a legendary coordinator when he was in his prime, and even then he wasn't close to dawkins in his prime. . . lynch was a good player, for sure, but at the top of his game dawkins was one of THE very best safeties to put on pads. . . he belongs in the conversation with the best to ever play, he was the prototype for today's safety. . . guy basically revolutionized what was expected of the position. . .

he had the range and instincts to handle the deep zones in one-deep coverages and make plays from sideline to sideline, and the speed and athleticism to man up any tight end and a lot of wide receivers-- and he combined that with the toughness and physicality to come up in the box and play the run like an extra linebacker. . . plus he was a terror as a blitzer. . . dude could line up in the slot, in the box or over the top, he neutralized mismatches all over the field, and he was an intimidating hitter. . . even at 36, he can still lay the lumber. . .

he's possibly the most complete safety the game has seen. . . .

In other words, Lynch was a great player in prime but Dawkins was just that much better.

dogfish
09-25-2009, 09:10 PM
In other words, Lynch was a great player in prime but Dawkins was just that much better.

yep. . . lynch was one of the best safeties of his generation-- dawkins is one of the best of all time. . .

TXBRONC
09-25-2009, 09:25 PM
yep. . . lynch was one of the best safeties of his generation-- dawkins is one of the best of all time. . .

As I said earlier I'm really hoping to see him lay the lumber on Felicia Rivers.

dogfish
09-27-2009, 06:50 PM
another strong game for dawkins. . . . will anybody be surprised if this guy ends up in the pro bowl again?

frauschieze
09-27-2009, 07:03 PM
I am here to eat my crow. I knew Dawkins was going to be a great influence in the locker room, but I never figured he'd bring as much as he has on the field. Say hello to my next jersey purchase.

gobroncsnv
09-27-2009, 07:34 PM
How 'bout that jumpin' back in bounds to pick up the fumble? I LOVED that! The guys we had last year would have RAN from the ball.

Skinny
09-27-2009, 08:35 PM
. . . . will anybody be surprised if this guy ends up in the pro bowl again?Not at all. He's playing like he's the same age the # on his jersey.

TXBRONC
09-27-2009, 08:47 PM
another strong game for dawkins. . . . will anybody be surprised if this guy ends up in the pro bowl again?

Nope. :beer: