PDA

View Full Version : Kissing means more...

Kapaibro
09-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Why kissing means more to women

Men and women view kissing differently

If a picture is worth a 1,000 words, so may be a kiss - or certainly to a woman anyway, researchers say.

A New York State University team quizzed over 1,000 students, finding women place a big emphasis on kissing.

They use kissing as a way of assessing the recipient as a potential partner, and later to maintain intimacy and to check the status of a relationship.

But men placed less importance on it, using it to increase the likelihood of sex, Evolutionary Psychology reported.

The questionnaires revealed men were less discriminating when it came to deciding who to kiss or who to have sex with.

They were more willing to have sex with someone without kissing, to have sex with someone they are not attracted to and agree to have sex with someone they considered to be a bad kisser.

But kissing was more important as a bonding mechanism to women.

In long-term relationships females not only rate kissing as more important than men, but they indicated that kissing was important throughout a relationship.

Meanwhile, men placed less importance on kissing as the relationship progresses.

There was also a difference in the sort of kisses the two sexes preferred, with men liking wet, tongue kisses.

Lead researcher Dr Gordon Gallup said kissing had developed over time to become an essential part of the courtship process.

But he added: "While both sexes participate in the adaptive benefits of kissing, we found sex differences when considering the pursuit of short- versus long-term mating strategies."

Dr Glenn Wilson, an expert in relationships at London's Institute of Psychiatry, said: "Kissing is used by everyone as a bonding and testing mechanism.

"But the fact is women are more discriminatory than men. Men can just go out and spread their seed, but women have to take more responsibility because of the consequences and so they are likely to want to test more."

BBC link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6975794.stm)

I for one, know that a good kisser gets a lot further that a crap kisser. Guys, if the girl has a wet chin after you kiss her, that is BAD!!!!

anton...
09-03-2007, 10:56 AM
I for one, know that a good kisser gets a lot further that a crap kisser. Guys, if the girl has a wet chin after you kiss her, that is BAD!!!!

wet chin bad??

well thats news to me...

:protest:
________
AVANDIA LAWSUITS (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/avandia/)

Kapaibro
09-03-2007, 11:06 AM
wet chin bad??

well thats news to me...

:protest:

Very very bad!

Face sucker kissers are the worst!

anton...
09-03-2007, 11:09 AM
:huh:

im not one, dont worry...

infact...

when i was reading that...

i strugled to contemplate how one can get the chin wet...

do people actually do this??

kiss the chin??

:confused:
________
Washington medical marijuana (http://washington.dispensaries.org/)

Kapaibro
09-03-2007, 11:22 AM

im not one, dont worry...

infact...

when i was reading that...

i strugled to contemplate how one can get the chin wet...

do people actually do this??

kiss the chin??

Well if they think that kissing the mouth means including the entire area surrounding the mouth.

This one time, I was at a party, met this super hot guy, great coversation, and when we kissed........

Blech, he tried to inhale my entire lower face! I had a wet chin! Seriously, it killed it for me!

Den21vsBal19
09-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Guess the missus is the exception to the rule, then :sad:

anton...
09-03-2007, 11:26 AM

weird...

i never seen such a thing...

then again, ive never really watched other dudes kiss...

or have i??

let hope not...

i tend to make out with the forehead...

and chew on the nose a little...

:balloons:
________
Live sex (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Devilspawn
09-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Wifey is a pretty sloppy kisser, but it's a sexy slop. We do kiss a lot though.

xX-Bronco-Xx
09-03-2007, 12:18 PM
I kiss my hand because I'm a random guy like that.

:laugh:

Don't believe a word I said. :salute:

Jody
09-03-2007, 01:12 PM
The ' K I S S ' is the gateway to everything else.

It can't be too wet, it must be in sync, and it's the most important part of everything. ;)

Kapaibro
09-03-2007, 01:38 PM
The ' K I S S ' is the gateway to everything else.

It can't be too wet, it must be in sync, and it's the most important part of everything. ;)
The kiss is the first baseman.

If you're crap, you are out before you can think about 2nd base!

Javalon
09-03-2007, 03:29 PM
"Kissing means more..." to women.

Obviously. Why do you think guys like to see two women kissing each other? Because it MEANS more! But NOBODY likes to see two men kissing each other. :yuck:

But seriously, it all depends on the individuals. In general, it's probably true that kissing means less to the average guy than it does to the average woman. Guys just aren't brought up to be as sensitive as women, and sensitivity is actually discouraged in a high percentage of cases. And kissing is ultimately a sensitive, personal act.

Plus, guys have a divining rod between our legs that points us toward what we want without the need for kissing to make sure we have a viable partner. :kiss:

topscribe
09-03-2007, 03:31 PM

Obviously. Why do you think guys like to see two women kissing each other? Because it MEANS more! But NOBODY likes to see two men kissing each other. :yuck:

But seriously, it all depends on the individuals. In general, it's probably true that kissing means less to the average guy than it does to the average woman. Guys just aren't brought up to be as sensitive as women, and sensitivity is actually discouraged in a high percentage of cases. And kissing is ultimately a sensitive, personal act.

Plus, guys have a divining rod between our legs that points us toward what we want without the need for kissing to make sure we have a viable partner. :kiss:
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/smilies/rofl2.gif

-----

Kapaibro
09-03-2007, 03:33 PM

I've seen a few of those rods. They are not that divine. :coffee:

KCL
09-03-2007, 03:49 PM
I've seen a few of those rods. They are not that divine. :coffee:

Kap...I read divine but I was wondering if Jav meant a

diving rod?

I love kissing!!!! Just don't get to as much as I would like to....

Snapping Turtle
09-03-2007, 03:58 PM

You and me both!

:2thumbsdown:

*Atwater*
09-03-2007, 04:12 PM

:rofl: :D ........

TXBRONC
09-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Kap...I read divine but I was wondering if Jav meant a

diving rod?

:kiss::kiss::kiss: I hope that will hold you over for awhile. :D

Simple Jaded
09-03-2007, 04:32 PM
I could eat a peach for hours :cool:....

KCL
09-03-2007, 05:30 PM
:kiss::kiss: I hope that will hold you over for awhile. :D

ahhhhh....thats sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

KCLady likey!!!!!!!!

TXBRONC
09-03-2007, 06:03 PM
ahhhhh....thats sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

KCLady likey!!!!!!!!

Hey maybe we should do some of this a well. :dancing: :D

xX-Bronco-Xx
09-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Divining rod?!?!?!? :laser:

:elefant:

KCL
09-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Hey maybe we should do some of this a well. :dancing: :D

hey lets, I'm ready.........:dancing:

Jody
09-03-2007, 06:55 PM
hey lets, I'm ready.........:dancing:

Yet, THAT only comes after a good smooching scenario takes place and then some. :D

Or as Jav would call it....."Divine intervention". :D

And only then, does :dancing: occur!

KCL
09-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Yet, THAT only comes after a good smooching scenario takes place and then some. :D

Or as Jav would call it....."Divine intervention".

but we had our smooching already :dance:
we didnt have the "then some" tho...:tape:

Watchthemiddle
09-03-2007, 07:14 PM

Or as Jav would call it....."Divine intervention". :D

Thats the truth. Thats the only way you will see me :dancing:. I need mucho smooches first.

KCL
09-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Thats the truth. Thats the only way you will see me :dancing:. I need mucho smooches first.

or this......:beer:

Watchthemiddle
09-03-2007, 07:22 PM

You got that right KC, and you need a lot!!

KCL
09-03-2007, 07:25 PM
You got that right KC, and you need a lot!!

I do....:confused:

SR
09-03-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm a kisser...I love it...and so do the ladiez...and seeing as how I'm fixin to be on the prowl again...beware of the American Bisous!:wave:

Watchthemiddle
09-03-2007, 07:56 PM
I do....:confused:

no, I was saying YOU as in ME needs a lot of :beer: for :dancing:

Oh Nevermind!!!

KCL
09-03-2007, 08:03 PM
no, I was saying YOU as in ME needs a lot of :beer: for :dancing:

Oh Nevermind!!!

thanks for clearing that up.....you are a little......:screwy:

Jody
09-03-2007, 08:17 PM

Yep! Plus for all those worry worts out there.....

:beer: ----> is an excellent fertility medicine. :D

Relax. Enjoy. Loosen up a bit, right? ;)

Jody
09-03-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm a kisser...I love it...and so do the ladiez...and seeing as how I'm fixin to be on the prowl again...beware of the American Bisous!:wave:

Yeah, those French have NOTHING on us in the bisous department! ;)

Uh-oh...YOU on the PROWL? :scared:

SR
09-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Uh-oh...YOU on the PROWL? :scared:

Oh yes. On the prowl indeed...soon enough. :cool:

KCL
09-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Oh yes. On the prowl indeed...soon enough. :cool:

Watch out HW........;)

Jody
09-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Watch out HW........;)

You'll need a lot more American bisous KCLady, especially on that 12-step program of being in denial of being a Broncos Fan. :D

Ha Ha Ha

KCL
09-03-2007, 09:46 PM
You'll need a lot more American bisous KCLady, especially on that 12-step program of being in denial of being a Broncos Fan. :D

Ha Ha Ha

nah....SR is my little buddy and he would be prowling for much
younger women than you and I.....I think...:confused::D

TXBRONC
09-03-2007, 09:48 PM
nah....SR is my little buddy and he would be prowling for much
younger women than you and I.....I think...:confused::D

An attractive woman is an attractive woman age doesn't matter. :2thumbs:

dogfish
09-03-2007, 09:50 PM
in related news, scientists have discovered that the sky is still blue. . . .

TXBRONC
09-03-2007, 09:53 PM

:laugh: You truly have a gift for timing your humor DF.

SR
09-03-2007, 09:53 PM

And contrary to popular belief, it isn't falling.

KCL
09-03-2007, 09:59 PM

oh SHUT UP.......:rolleyes:

KCL
09-03-2007, 10:00 PM
An attractive woman is an attractive woman age doesn't matter. :2thumbs:

Thanks TX....I knew there had to be at least one gentlemen here!!!!:laugh:

TXBRONC
09-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Thanks TX....I knew there had to be at least one gentlemen here!!!!:laugh:

I try to be. :elefant:

Jody
09-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Somethings, experience counts, and age is secondary.
Just ask KCL! :D *slaps knee laughing*

Of course, since I've started using Oil of Olay, age is no longer an issue for me. It's a miracle!:D

And then soon I'll start my Animal Pak vitamins (recommended to me by WTM), and watch out hubby *growl* He won't care how old I am. :D

This thread is too much fun.

SR
09-03-2007, 10:18 PM
It's great being 22.

TXBRONC
09-03-2007, 10:26 PM
It's great being 22.

Well this is all I have to say to that. :eviltongue: :D

Jody
09-03-2007, 10:27 PM
It's great being 22.

Life just gets better and better with every year, SR. ;)

KCL
09-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Somethings, experience counts, and age is secondary.
Just ask KCL! :D *slaps knee laughing*

Of course, since I've started using Oil of Olay, age is no longer an issue for me. It's a miracle!:D

And then soon I'll start my Animal Pak vitamins (recommended to me by WTM), and watch out hubby *growl* He won't care how old I am. :D

This thread is too much fun.

I am happy for each year I have as I am older than my sis was when she
died....:(

Jody
09-03-2007, 10:35 PM
I am happy for each year I have as I am older than my sis was when she
died....:(

I remember you telling me about that KCL. No doubt you miss her terribly.

KCL
09-03-2007, 10:38 PM
I remember you telling me about that KCL. No doubt you miss her terribly.

I do but I don't want this thread to be about that......soooooooo

here goes....:kiss: :kiss: to anyone who wants that (males I mean) :dance:

BigBroncLove
09-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Yep! Plus for all those worry worts out there.....

:beer: ----> is an excellent fertility medicine.

Relax. Enjoy. Loosen up a bit, right?

Amen to that. Or should I say cheers? :beer: ;)

Everyone likes kissing, it just depends on the company of course :D that is unless someone just ate a garlic clove wrapped in onion.

Jody
09-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Amen to that. Or should I say cheers? :beer: ;)

Everyone likes kissing, it just depends on the company of course :D that is unless someone just ate a garlic clove wrapped in onion.

Was that a confession? :laugh: Nothing worse than strong onion or garlic breath either.

TXBRONC
09-03-2007, 10:54 PM
I do but I don't want this thread to be about that......soooooooo

here goes....:kiss: :kiss: to anyone who wants that (males I mean) :dance:

Am I the first in line? ;)

BigBroncLove
09-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Was that a confession? :laugh: Nothing worse than strong onion or garlic breath either.

Nope, but a super onion bagel with chive cream cheese sounds delishhhh right now :faint: :blah:

Broncomania96
09-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Nope, but a super onion bagel with chive cream cheese sounds delishhhh right now :faint: :blah:

Now im hungry :tsk: :elefant:

KCL
09-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Am I the first in line? ;)

I think your the only one in line :D

GEM
09-03-2007, 11:32 PM
I think as girls are growing up we watch movies and such of these "movie kisses," then we get older and actually get the kisses.....and are usually SOOOOOOO let down.

You guys should work on the kissing dept.....if some guys were better kissing and worked on the technique...they could probably have just about anything they want.

Kissing.....YUM!

dogfish
09-03-2007, 11:36 PM
I think as girls are growing up we watch movies and such of these "movie kisses," then we get older and actually get the kisses.....and are usually SOOOOOOO let down.

You guys should work on the kissing dept.....if some guys were better kissing and worked on the technique...they could probably have just about anything they want.

Kissing.....YUM!

sounds like you've been kissing the wrong guys. . . . ;)

BigBroncLove
09-03-2007, 11:38 PM

Kissing.....YUM!

Hey! Some of us are top notch kissers, thank you. That or at least we believe we are LOL. But us guys have been let down to, many a times. There are a lot of women who need a lot of help in the kissing department also...

For example, pointy tongue kissers, face eaters (When they engulf your whole lower face with their kiss), limp tongues, and the narrow mouth kiss where you feel like they are going to bite your tongue off at any moment.....

Plus the best kiss also has both people using their hands. Not for additional bases (for lack of better terminology) but for.... uhmm... stimulation I suppose is the best word. Rubbing the back of the neck, gripping the waist, arching the back, even grabbing the butt, let the guy (or girl) know you can concentrate on more then just kissing.

Just my :2cents:

GEM
09-03-2007, 11:44 PM
sounds like you've been kissing the wrong guys. . . . ;)

*giggles* Well, you're in Ohio....;)

I was married to a horrible kisser!! That's one thing on my list of absolute must haves in a guy....MUST BE a great kisser...not just good, GREAT!!

GEM
09-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Hey! Some of us are top notch kissers, thank you. That or at least we believe we are LOL. But us guys have been let down to, many a times. There are a lot of women who need a lot of help in the kissing department also...

For example, pointy tongue kissers, face eaters (When they engulf your whole lower face with their kiss), limp tongues, and the narrow mouth kiss where you feel like they are going to bite your tongue off at any moment.....

Plus the best kiss also has both people using their hands. Not for additional bases (for lack of better terminology) but for.... uhmm... stimulation I suppose is the best word. Rubbing the back of the neck, gripping the waist, arching the back, even grabbing the butt, let the guy (or girl) know you can concentrate on more then just kissing.

Just my :2cents:

Ok, not all guys!! ;)

For me, a great kisser is someone who uses their hands. Touching the face, the back of the neck....Ok....I'm stopping now. WOOOO! :laugh:

I'm a nibbler. Light bite to the lip. Seems to work wonders. HAHA!

Uncle Buck
09-03-2007, 11:48 PM
Why kissing means more to women

Men and women view kissing differently

If a picture is worth a 1,000 words, so may be a kiss - or certainly to a woman anyway, researchers say.

A New York State University team quizzed over 1,000 students, finding women place a big emphasis on kissing.

They use kissing as a way of assessing the recipient as a potential partner, and later to maintain intimacy and to check the status of a relationship.

But men placed less importance on it, using it to increase the likelihood of sex, Evolutionary Psychology reported.

The questionnaires revealed men were less discriminating when it came to deciding who to kiss or who to have sex with.

They were more willing to have sex with someone without kissing, to have sex with someone they are not attracted to and agree to have sex with someone they considered to be a bad kisser.

But kissing was more important as a bonding mechanism to women.

In long-term relationships females not only rate kissing as more important than men, but they indicated that kissing was important throughout a relationship.

Meanwhile, men placed less importance on kissing as the relationship progresses.

There was also a difference in the sort of kisses the two sexes preferred, with men liking wet, tongue kisses.

Lead researcher Dr Gordon Gallup said kissing had developed over time to become an essential part of the courtship process.

But he added: "While both sexes participate in the adaptive benefits of kissing, we found sex differences when considering the pursuit of short- versus long-term mating strategies."

Dr Glenn Wilson, an expert in relationships at London's Institute of Psychiatry, said: "Kissing is used by everyone as a bonding and testing mechanism.

"But the fact is women are more discriminatory than men. Men can just go out and spread their seed, but women have to take more responsibility because of the consequences and so they are likely to want to test more."

BBC link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6975794.stm)

Is this one of them chick treads?

:kiss:

Well, you know a man is serious when he brushes his teeth, then rinses with Listermint prior to kissin'

KCL
09-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Is this one of them chick treads?

:kiss:

Well, you know a man is serious when he brushes his teeth, then rinses with Listermint prior to kissin'

lol....thats a good sign I suppose....does brushing the teeth and rinsing make a man a better kisser????:confused:

I know it certainly can't hurt...;)

BigBroncLove
09-03-2007, 11:51 PM
Ok, not all guys!! ;)

For me, a great kisser is someone who uses their hands. Touching the face, the back of the neck....Ok....I'm stopping now. WOOOO! :laugh:

I'm a nibbler. Light bite to the lip. Seems to work wonders. HAHA!

Yeah, nibblers are good. A little playfulness is always good in kissing. Some light teeth action on the lower lip is a perfect addition. :beer:

Uncle Buck
09-03-2007, 11:57 PM
lol....thats a good sign I suppose....does brushing the teeth and rinsing make a man a better kisser????:confused:

I know it certainly can't hurt...;)

No, but it's a sign of respect? (Either that or heez skeered of germs)

Uncle Buck
09-04-2007, 12:06 AM

Kissing.....YUM!

Sorry for this slight margin call, GEM, but in the old movies the *kiss* was emphasized because they could not show what followed next (other than panning to the ceiling or the bedroom window, etc.) So it would follow that movie kisses were developed to an art form—which in turn, either made your average hayseed moviegoer a bit on the intimidated side—or educated him into being a better kisser?!

I dunno. Me, I never learned to dance like Fred Astaire or Ginger Rogers. So what do I know? :confused:

Kapaibro
09-04-2007, 05:31 AM
It's great being 22.

24 was much better!

Kapaibro
09-04-2007, 05:33 AM
ZOMG!

The hot Australian (not anton...) that I hooked up with did the whole both hands on the side of my head kiss thingee that you see in the movies!

SWOONAGE!

Damn! That man was a superfine kisser!

I to am a nibbler!

KCL
09-04-2007, 05:59 AM
Good thread Kap and I am glad you had a good experience.

I would post how I like to kiss and be kissed but....:tape:

is there a Coc here?:laugh:

TXBRONC
09-04-2007, 07:08 AM
I think your the only one in line :D

Oh goodie that means more for me. :elefant:

Jody
09-04-2007, 07:18 AM
Good thread Kap and I am glad you had a good experience.

I would post how I like to kiss and be kissed but....:tape:

is there a Coc here?:laugh:

Yes, we do have to be a little on the cautious side and keep it pg-13. :D

TXBRONC
09-04-2007, 07:23 AM

I was married to a horrible kisser!! That's one thing on my list of absolute must haves in a guy....MUST BE a great kisser...not just good, GREAT!!

I'm a great kisser and I have references. :eyebrows:

Jody
09-04-2007, 07:24 AM
Sorry for this slight margin call, GEM, but in the old movies the *kiss* was emphasized because they could not show what followed next (other than panning to the ceiling or the bedroom window, etc.) So it would follow that movie kisses were developed to an art form—which in turn, either made your average hayseed moviegoer a bit on the intimidated side—or educated him into being a better kisser?!

I dunno. Me, I never learned to dance like Fred Astaire or Ginger Rogers. So what do I know? :confused:

And if you noticed, they panned away to an angle that you couldn't really see the kiss. And the kisses in those movies were a little less than desirable anyhow. They were comparable to a peck on the cheek, very tame. The couple would often lunge themselves at one another for a sanitary kiss. :D

The bedrooms were only allowed to show double beds, not a single bed a couple shared. So no wonder children grew up not considering their parents even had affection. What...the 1970's starting showing a full-sized bed?

And last, but not least.....

The women never made the first move. Sometimes they didn't even move. It was strictly the men. They may show a woman wanting to chase after her man who just left, but then a lift of an eyebrow and the hand drawn up to her lips to bite on on the edge of her finger to show she had self-control was the 'longing' that was shown on tv/movies, not to go after him.:D

Kapaibro
09-04-2007, 07:32 AM
A bad kisser is never a good person to come across!

The kiss must make you feel like you want more!

Kapaibro
09-04-2007, 09:44 AM
In the immortal words of Samantha Jones (Sex and the City)

“A bad kisser is a non-negotiable”

Uncle Buck
09-04-2007, 10:22 AM
And if you noticed, they panned away to an angle that you couldn't really see the kiss. And the kisses in those movies were a little less than desirable anyhow. They were comparable to a peck on the cheek, very tame. The couple would often lunge themselves at one another for a sanitary kiss. :D

The bedrooms were only allowed to show double beds, not a single bed a couple shared. So no wonder children grew up not considering their parents even had affection. What...the 1970's starting showing a full-sized bed?

And last, but not least.....

The women never made the first move. Sometimes they didn't even move. It was strictly the men. They may show a woman wanting to chase after her man who just left, but then a lift of an eyebrow and the hand drawn up to her lips to bite on on the edge of her finger to show she had self-control was the 'longing' that was shown on tv/movies, not to go after him.:D

All great observations, HW! I think the best woman-initiates-the-first-kiss scenario was a scene in "The English Patient" (my favorite film of the last 20 years, btw). "Katharine," somewhat scorned in the previous scene, enters his room during the evening, after attending a social affair which he has snubbed. It all starts with a stiff slap to his face, which clearly demonstrates her welled-up passion...

Wow, this could warrant a whole new thread on movie kisses! :laugh: (Now, how am I supposed to get any work done this morning??)

You could have your most *passionate* kiss

Most hungry osculation (is that a word?) exchange (“Fatal Attraction” comes to mind)

Most one-way kiss, just to show the guy has control over the leading lady, but she acts like she doesn’t like it, while you know they are going to be an item by the end of the movie. (Robert Mitchum was good in this category)

Silliest movie kiss (did Jerry Lewis or Steve Martin ever kiss anyone?)

Speaking of “never,” I don’t recall Robert De Niro ever kissing a dame. Was he ever a romantic lead??

Kapaibro
09-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Apparently one of the greatest kisses in modern cinema is the one between Samantha and Jake, at the end of Sixteen Candles.

"Make a wish Samantha"
"It already came true!"

Ooooooooooooooooo

Jake is super swoon-worthy!

TXBRONC
09-04-2007, 11:17 AM
One of the best cinema's kisses of all time is from the Quiet Man starting John Wayne and Mareen O' Hara. I kiss that good. :naughty:

Jody
09-04-2007, 03:19 PM
One of the best cinema's kisses of all time is from the Quiet Man starting John Wayne and Mareen O' Hara. I kiss that good. :naughty:

Nice smiley TX. I love ALL JOHN WAYNE movies. :D

KCL
09-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Yes, we do have to be a little on the cautious side and keep it pg-13. :D

yea PG-13....thats my thought pattern....:naughty:

not sure why I used that smilie...it scares me...:eek:

KCL
09-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Apparently one of the greatest kisses in modern cinema is the one between Samantha and Jake, at the end of Sixteen Candles.

"Make a wish Samantha"
"It already came true!"

Ooooooooooooooooo

Jake is super swoon-worthy!

I bought that movie....:D

Jody
09-04-2007, 03:34 PM
All great observations, HW! I think the best woman-initiates-the-first-kiss scenario was a scene in "The English Patient" (my favorite film of the last 20 years, btw). "Katharine," somewhat scorned in the previous scene, enters his room during the evening, after attending a social affair which he has snubbed. It all starts with a stiff slap to his face, which clearly demonstrates her welled-up passion...

Wow, this could warrant a whole new thread on movie kisses! :laugh: (Now, how am I supposed to get any work done this morning??)

You could have your most *passionate* kiss

Most hungry osculation (is that a word?) exchange (“Fatal Attraction” comes to mind)

Most one-way kiss, just to show the guy has control over the leading lady, but she acts like she doesn’t like it, while you know they are going to be an item by the end of the movie. (Robert Mitchum was good in this category)

Silliest movie kiss (did Jerry Lewis or Steve Martin ever kiss anyone?)

Speaking of “never,” I don’t recall Robert De Niro ever kissing a dame. Was he ever a romantic lead??

Most hungry kiss in cinema? I'd have to say 9 and 1/2 weeks with Kim Bassinger and Mickey Rourke. A little on the bizarre side half way through.

Definitely silliest movie kisses were Jerry Lewis - disgustingly silly.

Yes, Robert MItchum....tough guy always.

The English Patient? Excellent movie. Excellent cast: Ralph Fiennes, Juliette Binoche, Willem Dafoe and Kristin Scott Thomas (Katharine Clifton). :D These movies are far and too few between.

Kapaibro
09-04-2007, 03:47 PM
I bought that movie....:D

Jake Ryan is the ultimate crush!

I bought it when I was back in NZ!

TXBRONC
09-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Nice smiley TX. I love ALL JOHN WAYNE movies. :D

Me too, but The Quiet Man is my favorite. Oh and it has the best fight scene that I have ever watched.

cpr940
09-04-2007, 04:18 PM

The problem is that as far as I can tell, women have never told men exactly what makes a great kiss.

And guys don't discuss that with other guys.

So, lets here it, shall we?

dogfish
09-04-2007, 04:25 PM
yea PG-13....thats my thought pattern....:naughty:

suuuuuure it is, KCNaughtyLadyFan. . . . . :rolleyes:

dogfish
09-04-2007, 04:26 PM
The problem is that as far as I can tell, women have never told men exactly what makes a great kiss.

some things are just instinctive. . . .

:emancipator: <--- tned, we need the smug smilie!

cpr940
09-04-2007, 04:54 PM
some things are just instinctive. . . .

:emancipator: <--- tned, we need the smug smilie!

Not really. For men, kissing is just an extension of foreplay. Not tied to nay emotional connection.

But in order to know what a girl likes, they should tell us, instead of hoping we figure it out on our own.

That would be like trying to fly plane via learning by osmosis. Only, a plane is simple compared to women.

Watchthemiddle
09-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Not really. For men, kissing is just an extension of foreplay. Not tied to nay emotional connection.

But in order to know what a girl likes, they should tell us, instead of hoping we figure it out on our own.

That would be like trying to fly plane via learning by osmosis. Only, a plane is simple compared to women.

:amen:

GOod point cpr...

Women automatically think all guys know what they are doing.

But you know what...men think that about women as well.

Who is to say that all women are perfect kissers?

Why does it always need to be about the men messing things up and not the women?

cpr940
09-04-2007, 05:20 PM

GOod point cpr...

Why does it always need to be about the men messing things up and not the women?

SIGH

Because when we complain about the things that they don;t do to our satisfaction, we are vulgar.

Jody
09-04-2007, 05:57 PM
SIGH

Because when we complain about the things that they don;t do to our satisfaction, we are vulgar.

Well, that's because a lot of men are in a rut of talking in a vulgar manner with women in the room. Granted, some women reap what they sow, but most prefer to keep their dignity intact. It's definitely an illusion of sorts. Women have been brought up to equate vulgarity with whore-like behavior. Therefore, if you accept vulgarity in your company, you must be a whore.
That's not the whole story, but definitely the gist. "Give me dignity or give me death." If you can keep what occurs with your female companion to yourself, that's another huge plus for the man. If you want to be with a lady, then treat them like a lady. If you want to be with a lady who acts like an animal in appropriate places, then treat your lady like a lady in all public places and keep the animalism private and strictly between the two of you. If you want to be with a sailor, then date a sailor. :D No sarcasm, just honest.

Watchthemiddle
09-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Well, that's because a lot of men are in a rut of talking in a vulgar manner with women in the room. Granted, some women reap what they sow, but most prefer to keep their dignity intact. It's definitely an illusion of sorts. Women have been brought up to equate vulgarity with whore-like behavior. Therefore, if you accept vulgarity in your company, you must be a whore.
That's not the whole story, but definitely the gist. "Give me dignity or give me death." If you can keep what occurs with your female companion to yourself, that's another huge plus for the man. If you want to be with a lady, then treat them like a lady. If you want to be with a lady who acts like an animal in appropriate places, then treat your lady like a lady in all public places and keep the animalism private and strictly between the two of you. If you want to be with a sailor, then date a sailor. :D No sarcasm, just honest.

HW, that cracks me up.

But flip the quation. OR is that too hard to do in our times because when it comes to things like kissing and advancing a relationship ( not sure what I can say ) its mainly relied upon the male to do so?

Jody
09-04-2007, 06:02 PM

GOod point cpr...

I never thought of myself as naive, but never thought that men would look at the lady and think she knows more than he does. Although, we are living in different times where the rules are all blurred (women's lib-ugh).

I don't think all women are perfect kissers. I don't think all men are necessarily rotten kissers. On the contrary, I think men are more open to improving than women overall. There's a big plus for the men! :bounce:
And a little of this ----> :washing: ....never hurt a man in a woman's eyes yet either. :D

cpr940
09-04-2007, 06:13 PM

No, what I meant was, that in my experiences, when a woman wants an honest answer about these things, she berates you for 'always thinking about sex.' It's not a matter of using vulgar terms. Its that she shares something romantic and emotional and expects the same from guys, who by and large, might have those traits, but not to level of women.

These conversations generally are private.

But when a girl I am dating asks me what I like, I tell her. That is going to include some bedroom things.

But, by and large, rather than tell me truth, which is that I am not telling them what they want to hear, they instead attack what I say. I feel that if you don't want the answer, then don't ask.

Society has made it very difficult for men to be honest. If we are, then we are selfish and callow. If we are not, then we are not representing ourselves to women properly and are accused of playing games.

So what's the viable alternative? To say nothing. Which labels us 'uncommunicative'.

Jody
09-04-2007, 06:14 PM
HW, that cracks me up.

But flip the quation. OR is that too hard to do in our times because when it comes to things like kissing and advancing a relationship ( not sure what I can say ) its mainly relied upon the male to do so?

I think I can visually flip that scenario around for a moment.

If I were a man (deepens voice), I'd have to REALLY be in the mood to "KISS" (we can let that be our four-letter word for everything else we are implying) to go through all those steps. Yet, if I were a man with a sense of humor and really wanted to "KISS", I'd probably think "Well, it's a necessary evil" or "A man's got to do what a man's got to do." Hopefully, the woman I'm looking at (while I pretend to be a man)is a little sensitive to me as well---I would insist on that. Afterall, it's a two-way street and she's not the only vehicle on the road. :bump2:

I know that may sound a little flip, but....it's also very true. If you are not valued, you are with the wrong person. I don't think woman should just expect that for themselves, but give it in return.

Now....I have a question for you men on the board.....

Do you think taking the time to be romantic (setting a scene, buying a gift, and all the other things women consider as foreplay-foreplay) is too much work?

cpr940
09-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Do you think taking the time to be romantic (setting a scene, buying a gift, and all the other things women consider as foreplay-foreplay) is too much work?

Not at all.

But expecting it everyday, or even beyond the means of a man's income gets to be tiring.

I also think women tend to overlook small gestures, like making her a cup of coffee every morning just the way she likes it, or washing her car without telling her just because it needs it. Not romantic to most women, but clearly, very thoughtful.

They either come to expect it or are not paying attention.

Jody
09-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Not at all.

But expecting it everyday, or even beyond the means of a man's income gets to be tiring.

I also think women tend to overlook small gestures, like making her a cup of coffee every morning just the way she likes it, or washing her car without telling her just because it needs it. Not romantic to most women, but clearly, very thoughtful.

There's nothing sexier to me than a man cooking (so I don't have to--give me a break). I agree, sometimes women expect too much dazzle, and not enough meaningful gestures that are affordable and feasible. Oh....those small gestures can be very romantic! Plus, it works the other way around too, and all too often women think of what their man can do for them and not enough about what they can do for their man. We should write a book!:D

Watchthemiddle
09-04-2007, 06:38 PM
I think I can visually flip that scenario around for a moment.

If I were a man (deepens voice), I'd have to REALLY be in the mood to "KISS" (we can let that be our four-letter word for everything else we are implying) to go through all those steps. Yet, if I were a man with a sense of humor and really wanted to "KISS", I'd probably think "Well, it's a necessary evil" or "A man's got to do what a man's got to do." Hopefully, the woman I'm looking at (while I pretend to be a man)is a little sensitive to me as well---I would insist on that. Afterall, it's a two-way street and she's not the only vehicle on the road. :bump2:

I know that may sound a little flip, but....it's also very true. If you are not valued, you are with the wrong person. I don't think woman should just expect that for themselves, but give it in return.

Now....I have a question for you men on the board.....

Okay so lets take this a step forward...ALL men want a KISS on the first date. How come women don't if kissing is all that important?

(I know the correct answer to this, just want to hear different viewpoints as well.)

TXBRONC
09-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Okay so lets take this a step forward...ALL men want a KISS on the first date. How come women don't if kissing is all that important?

(I know the correct answer to this, just want to hear different viewpoints as well.)

Don't kid yourself WTM, the second a guy thinks he's got it figured out the rules change. :ahhhhh: :D

Watchthemiddle
09-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Don't kid yourself WTM, the second a guy thinks he's got it figured out the rules change. :ahhhhh: :D

I know TX, I know!!

cpr940
09-04-2007, 06:56 PM
There's nothing sexier to me than a man cooking (so I don't have to--give me a break). I agree, sometimes women expect too much dazzle, and not enough meaningful gestures that are affordable and feasible. Oh....those small gestures can be very romantic! Plus, it works the other way around too, and all too often women think of what their man can do for them and not enough about what they can do for their man. We should write a book!:D

Always room for more books in the Deborah Tannen vein.

Jody
09-04-2007, 07:00 PM

Kissing is what the woman walks away with to fantasize about until the next meeting. It's part of the lead-in for better things to come. Then there is another answer to this that may confirm some men's thinking, but women also like to leave something for the men to think about until the next meeting. Some men may call it teasing, and it is in part, but it's also for that 'dignity' I mentioned earlier. It's a weeding out process of sorts. Each time the man returns, one eyebrow raises on the woman, and it's now the 'dating game'. This was the best and most uncomfortable part of dating for me. There's nothing worse than spacing off doing your work----daydreaming about the next date. It's practically torture.:whoknows:

Jody
09-04-2007, 07:04 PM

It depends on their mood part of the time. Much of the time, women wing-it, not unlike men.:D

KCL
09-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Jake Ryan is the ultimate crush!

I bought it when I was back in NZ!

that movie is great...the ending was grand!!!!!:D

KCL
09-04-2007, 07:18 PM
suuuuuure it is, KCNaughtyLadyFan. . . . . :rolleyes:

who me naughty.....:angel:

Calibroncogrl47
09-04-2007, 07:22 PM
:dancing:

:couch2:

:nurse:

:emptybath:

Lets See... I have the Music playing.. maybe some dancing.. a Couch..a Nurse outfit.. and a hottub..I think I'm ready for a romatic night.. with some of those dreamy kisses..lol

KCL
09-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Not at all.

My hubby washes my car and takes care of it but thats because he
can't stand a dirty car...;)

KCL
09-04-2007, 07:24 PM

If I was single...not only would I want a kiss on the first date,I would
expect it....that is IF I wanted to be kissed by that man...

cpr940
09-04-2007, 07:41 PM
There's nothing worse than spacing off doing your work----daydreaming about the next date. It's practically torture.:whoknows:

Big difference here between men and women.

Either it never happens or men won't admit to it, but we generally don't space out thinking about the next date.

In fact, I have been dumped just for flat out telling the truth (true story):
"Did you think about me today?"
"I was so busy, I didn't even take a lunch. But I am thinking about you now."
"God, you're a pig. Is that all you ever think about?!?" (hangs up phone...never took another call from me again).

:rolleyes:

I could very easily have lied, and said yes. Or I could have been brutal about how every time she asked that, it made me feel like she thought the world was supposed to revolve around her. But that would have been cruel and unnecessary. So, I told the truth. And it got me dumped.

Again, and this is related to kissing and my original point, the whole way our brains think are different. What men think is good or right regarding romance, and physical affection is different. Therefore, I say it's ok, nay, required, to inform us of what you really like. We are generally pretty willing. But don't expect us to just magically know and then be mad when we don't just magically know.

cpr940
09-04-2007, 07:45 PM
My hubby washes my car and takes care of it but thats because he
can't stand a dirty car...;)

Ah, when your married it's different. It's mutual property and roles get more defined. When you are dating, it more nebulous. (Unless of course you are livingtogether and have basically begun to live as a married person).

I mean, just paying a remote mobile wash and detail company to go to her job and wash the car. On a whim, because she complained how dirty it was and how she needed to get it cleaned.

Either she said that with the intention of motivating me to do it, or she didn't notice. A thank you would have been all I needed.

Jody
09-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Big difference here between men and women.

Either it never happens or men won't admit to it, but we generally don't space out thinking about the next date.

In fact, I have been dumped just for flat out telling the truth (true story):
"Did you think about me today?"
"I was so busy, I didn't even take a lunch. But I am thinking about you now."
"God, you're a pig. Is that all you ever think about?!?" (hangs up phone...never took another call from me again).

:rolleyes:

I could very easily have lied, and said yes. Or I could have been brutal about how every time she asked that, it made me feel like she thought the world was supposed to revolve around her. But that would have been cruel and unnecessary. So, I told the truth. And it got me dumped.

Again, and this is related to kissing and my original point, the whole way our brains think are different. What men think is good or right regarding romance, and physical affection is different. Therefore, I say it's ok, nay, required, to inform you fo what you really like. We are generally pretty willing. But don't expect us to just magically know and then be mad when we don't just magically know.

Well, whenever a girl would ask such a question, she must be ready for all the possible answers, right? Your response sounded reasonable to me. By her question, alone, she sounds 'high maintenance'.

Oh....now, now....don't go mixing up how our brains think so differently. Most of the time, men and women prefer to end up at the same place basically, it's just getting there is varied from one another. And it's never worth analyzing something to a point it becomes this HUGE weight. And when you are just getting to know a woman, how in the world would you be expected to 'know' what she'd enjoy or like to have or do, etc.? When you've been with her for 2-3 years, you better know by then though.

This is funny....I love this thread. :D

Jody
09-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Ah, when your married it's different. It's mutual property and roles get more defined. When you are dating, it more nebulous. (Unless of course you are livingtogether and have basically begun to live as a married person).

I mean, just paying a remote mobile wash and detail company to go to her job and wash the car. On a whim, because she complained how dirty it was and how she needed to get it cleaned.

Either she said that with the intention of motivating me to do it, or she didn't notice. A thank you would have been all I needed.

Wow! Single ladies here....pay close attention. You could get spoiled with this one. Just the wrong lady, the right moves. ;)

cpr940
09-04-2007, 11:13 PM
When you've been with her for 2-3 years, you better know by then though.

Why? If I have learned anything, it is that men love routine. Women are constantly changing, like chameleons. Therefore, I can't be expected to know what they like when they seemingly do not know themselves. Hence, just tell me. I'll still respect you in the morning.

KCL
09-04-2007, 11:16 PM
I'll still respect you in the morning.

As they said in "Stripes"....

I'll respect you even more......;)

TXBRONC
09-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Why? If I have learned anything, it is that men love routine. Women are constantly changing, like chameleons. Therefore, I can't be expected to know what they like when they seemingly do not know themselves. Hence, just tell me. I'll still respect you in the morning.

Actually women are generally much better at inflection then men are and they also generally do a much better job of articulating their feelings.

cpr940
09-04-2007, 11:20 PM
As they said in "Stripes"....

I'll respect you even more......;)

Ah yes, one of my all time favorites.

We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts.
We're soldiers; but we're American soldiers. We've been kickin' ass for 200 years. We're 10 and 1.

KCL
09-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Actually women are generally much better at inflection then men are and they also generally do a much better job of articulating their feelings.

yes you are right....:D

cpr940
09-04-2007, 11:24 PM

Their feelings, yes.

Their thoughts? No.

Mostly because the two are more closely related in women than in men. How I feel generally has nothing to do with what I know or think. I may feel like crap, but I think I'd better be at work on time or get fired.

Uncle Buck
09-04-2007, 11:27 PM
Ah yes, one of my all time favorites.

We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts.
We're soldiers; but we're American soldiers. We've been kickin' ass for 200 years. We're 10 and 1.

The wit within these chambers never ceases to amaze me.

SR
09-05-2007, 01:14 AM
Well this is all I have to say to that. :eviltongue: :D

Don't hate! Come on over to Abilene and lets go drink! It'll be great.

SR
09-05-2007, 01:16 AM
Only, a plane is simple compared to women.

If you only knew the half of it! A monkey could fix a plane!

Ok...maybe not a monkey...but suffice to say that planes have NOTHING on women! I know!

SR
09-05-2007, 01:19 AM
No, what I meant was, that in my experiences, when a woman wants an honest answer about these things, she berates you for 'always thinking about sex.' It's not a matter of using vulgar terms. Its that she shares something romantic and emotional and expects the same from guys, who by and large, might have those traits, but not to level of women.

These conversations generally are private.

But when a girl I am dating asks me what I like, I tell her. That is going to include some bedroom things.

But, by and large, rather than tell me truth, which is that I am not telling them what they want to hear, they instead attack what I say. I feel that if you don't want the answer, then don't ask.

Society has made it very difficult for men to be honest. If we are, then we are selfish and callow. If we are not, then we are not representing ourselves to women properly and are accused of playing games.

So what's the viable alternative? To say nothing. Which labels us 'uncommunicative'.

I, much like you, have no problem voicing my opinion. I've never been one to say what people want to hear just for the sake of pleasing them. Brutal honesty is a strength, and a downfall, for me. Ask me a question, expect the answer, not some fluffed up version of what I think you want to hear.

Ask me what I think you could do better....be prepared...because women are FAR from perfect...even in the sack...

SR
09-05-2007, 01:20 AM

Watching the movie "Hitch" gave me hope. :laugh:

SR
09-05-2007, 01:21 AM
who me naughty.....:angel:

EHEM! No comment.

SR
09-05-2007, 01:25 AM

Jesus Jones...don't even f-ing get me started on that.

It seems like every week the kitchen is rearranged. When I wake up in the morning I make my coffee, get in the shower, get out, pour my coffee, eat cereal while the coffee cools enough to the temperature of my liking, and I read the news. EVERY MORNING! LIKE CLOCKWORK!

What happens when the wife gets bored on the weekends and I'm not home? The bowls get moved. My sugar and creamer get moved. The f-ing knives on the counter and the spice rack change places every flipping week!

It drives me insane! Can you tell?

BTW, based on this thread alone, you're one of my new favorites.

TXBRONC
09-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Don't hate! Come on over to Abilene and lets go drink! It'll be great.

No hate intended I was just kidding around. :D

While appreciate the offer, I will have to pass because of my work schedule.

Kapaibro
09-05-2007, 10:20 AM
Jesus Jones...don't even f-ing get me started on that.

It seems like every week the kitchen is rearranged. When I wake up in the morning I make my coffee, get in the shower, get out, pour my coffee, eat cereal while the coffee cools enough to the temperature of my liking, and I read the news. EVERY MORNING! LIKE CLOCKWORK!

What happens when the wife gets bored on the weekends and I'm not home? The bowls get moved. My sugar and creamer get moved. The f-ing knives on the counter and the spice rack change places every flipping week!

It drives me insane! Can you tell?

BTW, based on this thread alone, you're one of my new favorites.
Hahaha!

My stepfather hates going away cos my mother has a tendency to paint, or re-arrange furniture!

Dr Velcro
09-05-2007, 12:13 PM
"Nesting"...

This is called "nesting" in women.

Women often feel the need to move things around in order to refresh.

In order to obtain, if you will...a good mojo :cool:.

Just a part of being the human animal & the mating process..

Kissing? Females connect emotional intimacy to physical intimacy, most males do not.

Most...not all...females have to be emotionally connected to the person they sleep with...or connect shortly after... whereas most (again not all) men aren't hard-wired this way. Men are there to breed, breed, breed...spread the seed as much as possible.

TXBRONC
09-05-2007, 01:21 PM
"Nesting"...

This is called "nesting" in women.

Women often feel the need to move things around in order to refresh.

In order to obtain, if you will...a good mojo :cool:.

Just a part of being the human animal & the mating process..

Kissing? Females connect emotional intimacy to physical intimacy, most males do not.

Most...not all...females have to be emotionally connected to the person they sleep with...or connect shortly after... whereas most (again not all) men aren't hard-wired this way. Men are there to breed, breed, breed...spread the seed as much as possible.

Maybe your screen name should be Dr. Ruth instead of Dr. Velcro. ;)

Dr Velcro
09-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Maybe your screen name should be Dr. Ruth instead of Dr. Velcro. ;)

Indeed.....:cool:

melissAnn
09-05-2007, 03:37 PM
I must be some sort of freak of nature cause half the stuff mentioned in this thread doesn't apply to me lol
I like kissing don't get me wrong- but geeze really all this fuss? How do you guys even remember everything you do during a kiss- couldn't have been that great if you were taking stock the whole time lmao. I never have dated a man and then kissed him and had it be horrible... I've been married a long time but can only remember one bad kiss my whole life. Maybe I just don't place as much importance on kissing? Maybe I am more focused on whats coming next rather than if his form is correct or not haha I don't know... I just enjoy whats happening...

I also don't get the romance/house hold chore connection. My husband does stuff for me all the time around the house... its not romantic in the least- its just what he does as half of a marriage *shrug* if he does something extra for me- thats great... but it isn't romantic in my eyes nor will it get me wanting to 'kiss'... on a whole i'm not huge on romance tho I guess- I like to be taken to dinner- or get a flower once in a while... but romance to me makes an emotional connection... not a sexual/physical one (explained further below)

I also have a pretty separate view on emotional intimacy and physical intimacy... emotional intimacy is much more important to me and is not really connected to physical intimacy. I like to have physical intimacy (I'm talking sex here)- its fun, its satisfying... it relieves stress there's tons of reasons to revel in it... but I do not do it to get emotional intimacy... which is where so many women go wrong. To me emotional intimacy is something separate... yes it is a connection that can make the physical part more enjoyable.. etc emotional intimacy to me is talking, communication, for me personally words mean a lot- but everyone is different on this- I also like touch- not sexual touch but just touch- holding hands, wrestling around, hugs etc that creates an emotional connection for me.
I think this is where things can get messed up in relationships cause a woman wants emotional intimacy and tries to get physically close (touching, hugging, holding hands etc)- and the man takes that as an ok for sex... the women after a while gets the 'all he wants is sex' attitude, stops trying to get close to him and things go down hill from there. On the flip side the woman can't express/doesn't know what she needs so thinks she can get emotional intimacy from sex and then doesn't understand why it isn't fulfilling... the man is kinda like- why can't we just have some freaking fun- why does sex have to be so serious etc... funny thing if the woman is getting the emotional intimacy she needs she will want to have sex more and if the man is getting enough sex he will want to be emotional intimate lol
thats 11 years of marriage at work folks lol

Anyway- all I'm saying is I don' fit a lot of the generalizations about how woman are/how they act/think being made in this thread. Great discussion tho :D