PDA

View Full Version : Most Hated Raider

Dreadnought
09-24-2009, 09:54 AM
This is a tough one, because so many Raiders have made my skin crawl over the many years of watching them. I tried to pick the worst of the worst. Some (Chester McGlockton) I left off because they gave good service to Denver, earning an exemption. Marcus Allen gets a personal exemption because he got screwed by Al Davis. So here's the list, please choose one

1 – Ken Stabler. My choice. Possibly the most overrated QB in NFL history not named Terry Bradshaw, and gravytrained a reputation pretty much based solely on his performance from 1974-76. Cultivated and maintained an image of being a longhaired dirtbag to perfection.

2 – Jack Tatum. One of the dirtiest players in NFL history

3 – Lester Hayes. Mr. Stickum. The guy seriously chapped my ass throughout his career

4 – Jim Plunkett

5 – Jeff George. To me he typifies the Raider character to perfection

6 – Ben Davidson. The second dirtiest Raider after Jack Tatum

7 – Sebastian Janikowski. Only the Raiders could have a kicker loathsome enough to make a list like this.

8 – Howie Long – media darling and team pretty boy

9 - Al Davis

10 – Other (please specify)

Day1BroncoFan
09-24-2009, 09:56 AM
other Fred bulitnakov or however you spell it. It seems he would always catch a pass and get the first down.

Him or Stabler.

EDIT:

I checked it out. The spelling is Biletnikoff.

Dirk
09-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Mine would have to be Tim Brown....seems like he always burned us. It was almost like he saved up just for us.

shank
09-24-2009, 10:52 AM
i chose janikowski because most of those other guys are before my time. and there's something uber douche-baggy about knocking people's side view mirrors off their cars.

MOtorboat
09-24-2009, 10:56 AM
I hate Howie Long. I hated him then. I hate him now. I hate his child who plays for the Rams. I cannot watch Fox Pregame. I hate Howie Long.

topscribe
09-24-2009, 10:57 AM
other Fred bulitnakov or however you spell it. It seems he would always catch a pass and get the first down.

Him or Stabler.

EDIT:

I checked it out. The spelling is Biletnikoff.

I think Biletnikoff is the one I hated most. Not because he was a despicable
character (he was actually a nice guy), but because he just turned the
Broncos' defense every which way but loose. :tsk: The guy was a player . . .

-----

nbenallo33
09-24-2009, 10:59 AM
gotta be Al Davis

Dortoh
09-24-2009, 11:03 AM
I finally went with Al after getting stuck on everyone on that list. He is their leader so he wins the tie breaker.

Thnikkaman
09-24-2009, 11:07 AM
I really want to say Bo Jackson, but I'm going to go with Warren Sapp. I don't remember some of the older Raiders, but I still hate him to this day. One of these days, I want to see TD punch him in the face on the NFL channel.

Dortoh
09-24-2009, 11:13 AM
Where does Romo stand in all this?

Day1BroncoFan
09-24-2009, 11:15 AM

-----

That's one of the reasons I disliked him so much is because he always seemed to get open somehow. We would have them on 3rd and long and suddenly Fred would get open and get a first down.

I thought "How could a nice guy like him play for a team like that".

NightTrainLayne
09-24-2009, 11:16 AM
For some reason it's Rich Gannon for me.

This is displacement of anger. In reality I am still pissed off to this day at the soft zone that Ray Rhodes utilized in that dreadful MNF game where Gannon torched us and set a completion record. But, Gannon still acts to this day like he did something special. . .nah, our play and our scheme were just THAT bad that night.

Skinny
09-24-2009, 11:18 AM
Tim 'Doo Doo' Brown.

Dortoh
09-24-2009, 11:19 AM
For some reason it's Rich Gannon for me.

This is displacement of anger. In reality I am still pissed off to this day at the soft zone that Ray Rhodes utilized in that dreadful MNF game where Gannon torched us and set a completion record. But, Gannon still acts to this day like he did something special. . .nah, our play and our scheme were just THAT bad that night.

Ah the famous 2-1-8 deep cover 3, corners off 15 yards, read and react thingy.

Oddly it never really caught on around the league.

Skinny
09-24-2009, 11:24 AM
P.S. There needs to be a 'all of the above' option.

NightTrainLayne
09-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Ah the famous 2-1-8 deep cover 3, corners off 15 yards, read and react thingy.

Oddly it never really caught on around the league.

Well, it's served Rhodes well, seeing as he is the "Senior" defensive assistant in Houston. His innovation and game-planning in Denver is probably directly attributed for his present career arc.

frauschieze
09-24-2009, 11:39 AM
My most hated Raider isn't a Raider anymore, but my hatred for this player knows no bounds:

Randy Moss

Grrrrrrrr........

OrangeHoof
09-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Definitely "Black" Jack Tatum, Mr. "They Call Me Assassin" who put Darryl Stingley in a wheelchair permanently then wouldn't even call him to express regret. Tatum perfected the technique of slamming a forearm to the ballcarrier's throat as he was falling to the turf. A Class A dirtbag and symbol of all that was wrong with the Raiders.

But why not John Madden? He was the one running that Den of Thieves back in the 70s and I have no doubt all those dirty tactics were done with his blessing. Just because he morphed into a warm, lovable grandpa on television doesn't mean he didn't teach all those goons the ropes.

Slick
09-24-2009, 12:30 PM
gotta be Al Davis

Al is my MVP. I hope the man never dies.

Day1BroncoFan
09-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Long live Al. May his reign over the radiots be long and dismal.

Midnight Blue
09-24-2009, 01:56 PM

-----

Biletnikoff wasn't really all that nice... my husband once played in a charity golf tournament with him and LaMonica and said you'd look a long ways to find two bigger d-bags. :listen:

Northman
09-24-2009, 02:03 PM
I most hated is also my most loved Raider. Howie Long. lol

Dortoh
09-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Someone should start a favorite Raider poll. My money is on Al Davis to win in a blow out

Day1BroncoFan
09-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Biletnikoff was the reason they changed the sticky stuff on the hands rule. I think he over did it.

underrated29
09-24-2009, 02:22 PM
What shaw said. Word for word.

And he is a fat drunk kicker. I hate him.

Dreadnought
09-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Definitely "Black" Jack Tatum, Mr. "They Call Me Assassin" who put Darryl Stingley in a wheelchair permanently then wouldn't even call him to express regret. Tatum perfected the technique of slamming a forearm to the ballcarrier's throat as he was falling to the turf. A Class A dirtbag and symbol of all that was wrong with the Raiders.

But why not John Madden? He was the one running that Den of Thieves back in the 70s and I have no doubt all those dirty tactics were done with his blessing. Just because he morphed into a warm, lovable grandpa on television doesn't mean he didn't teach all those goons the ropes.

Good call on Madden - I was restricted to only ten picks, which is a problem when you try to identify a list of turd raiders over five decades. I hated that fat slob

MileHighWrath
09-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Other:
1a: any and all that have worn the silver & bleak (impossible to make any distinctions)
1b: the retarded occupants of the black a-hole

topscribe
09-24-2009, 04:31 PM
Someone should start a favorite Raider poll. My money is on Al Davis to win in a blow out

The Corpse would have to be in the running for the annual award of the
Broncos' MVP for their games with Oakland.

They might do well even to consider him for the ROF. :lol:

-----

dogfish
09-25-2009, 07:00 PM
shit, pretty much all of 'em except jerry rice. . . .

Medford Bronco
09-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Jack Tatum. He ruined Daryl Stingleys life and did not have
the decency to apologize. John Madden had class and went to the hospital
but that POS Stingley never did.

Medford Bronco
09-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Mine would have to be Tim Brown....seems like he always burned us. It was almost like he saved up just for us.

I remember he signed an offer sheet to come to Denver in 94 I believe
and the Raiders matched it. :tsk:

We ended up with Anthony Miller who was good for one year
and then cut

Bronco Warrior
09-28-2009, 04:29 PM
The list makes my skin crawl just to look at! I chose to do an honorable mention because any one of those dirt-bags on the list could get my vote.
My entry for hated whiner from Jokeland is George Atkins. That guy is whining and bitching ever time Oakland is mentioned on a Top 10 countdown on NFL Network. Oakland was the greatest team every year and the only reason they don't have 20 Rings is because the league is out to get them and every other team and the refs cheated them out of it! I wish I was exagerating but Trust me I'm not! Also EVERY PLAYER FROM THE 70's teams he was on are being cheated out of the Hall of Fame!!!

Dreadnought
09-28-2009, 06:38 PM
The list makes my skin crawl just to look at! I chose to do an honorable mention because any one of those dirt-bags on the list could get my vote.
My entry for hated whiner from Jokeland is George Atkins. That guy is whining and bitching ever time Oakland is mentioned on a Top 10 countdown on NFL Network. Oakland was the greatest team every year and the only reason they don't have 20 Rings is because the league is out to get them and every other team and the refs cheated them out of it! I wish I was exagerating but Trust me I'm not! Also EVERY PLAYER FROM THE 70's teams he was on are being cheated out of the Hall of Fame!!!

Good call on Atkinson - I agree, he's always come across as a tool