PDA

View Full Version : Mason's Morsels 12/7: Stokley Practices; Listed as Questionable

Stand Ablaze
12-07-2007, 05:10 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason/2007/12/07/stokley-practices-listed-as-questionable/

On the one hand, Brandon Stokley and Javon Walker are both listed as questionable for Sunday’s game. But both made it through the full practice on Friday afternoon — which for Stokley marked the first time this week that he’d manage to practice at all after suffering a strained left knee in last weekend’s 34-20 defeat at Oakland.

Both should be able to play Sunday “unless something happens,” Head Coach Mike Shanahan said as the Broncos wrapped up the 90-minute practice, which took place under dreary, gray skies with the threat of snow flurries.

“We’ll just have to wait and see, and see how (Walker and Stokley) are (Saturday),” Shanahan said.

Stokley said he felt “pretty good,” but added that he was affected by the injury when he attempted to cut Friday.

“A little bit,” Stokley acknowledged. “It does because when I cut certain ways, it does affect it a little bit, but hopefully that will improve.”

Stokley rested the knee on Wednesday but worked out on Thursday as a precursor to returning to the practice field a day later.

“I jogged a little bit (Thursday) on the treadmill and I felt good, so when I went out there today I was able to run some routes and felt pretty good out there,” Stokley said. “So hopefully it’ll just keep improving.”

The Broncos are counting on that — for both Stokley and Walker.

“Both should be ready to go if there’s no setback,” Shanahan said.

ALSO OF NOTE:

Safety Nick Ferguson was the only Bronco to sit out practice Friday and is listed as doubtful for Sunday’s game; he hasn’t missed a contest since suffering a season-ending knee injury 13 months ago … Every other player on the Broncos’ injury report is listed as probable and fully practiced Friday: Defensive end John Engelberger (shoulder), running backs Andre Hall (ankle) and Selvin Young (elbow), wide receiver Glenn Martinez (ankle), guard Isaac Snell (thigh) and linebackers Nate Webster (ribs) and Jamie Winborn (hamstring).

In Kansas City, offensive tackles Damion McIntosh and Kyle Turley were ruled out after missing a third straight day of practice. Will Svitek is listed as McIntosh’s backup at left tackle, while Turley is listed behind Chris Terry on the right side … Safety Greg Wesley (head/knee) and linebacker Donnie Edwards (hamstring) are listed as questionable, but both practiced fully Friday … Quarterback Tyler Thigpen, who suffered a knee injury in Wednesday’s practice, was placed on injured reserve.

The Hamburgler
12-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Doom better have a good game this week.