PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft to buy EA??

Shazam!
09-23-2009, 09:59 PM
Reputable sources like Reuters and gaming sites across the net like IGN and Kotaku are reporting rumors that Microsoft is set to acquire Electronic Arts.

Stocks responded with EA shares up 8% despite missing their profit mark and MS shares + 1.5 today.

I don't know if this will happen or if it can even happen, but it would be a major score for Microsoft and provide them with a near monopoly unseen since Nintendo's in the 80's.

This would have ripples all across the gaming world and all platforms would be affected.

It is only a rumor of course, but...

ikillz0mbies
09-23-2009, 10:28 PM
Holy hell...that would be a HUGE, HUGE gain for Microsoft. If true, what are you predictions on what could happen to the gaming world?

Thnikkaman
09-23-2009, 11:50 PM
I don't like this. Not one bit. I would imagine that this would have a problem getting approved by government.

MasterShake
09-23-2009, 11:58 PM
Would EA lose profits from Sony and Nintendo? Doesn't seem like a wise move considering they do mostly multi-platform stuff.

Shazam!
09-24-2009, 12:47 AM
If true, what are you predictions on what could happen to the gaming world?

I won't speculate the outcome of a rumor because as of now that's all it is, but it had to devlop from inside somewhere. For Wall St. to respond, it has to have some merit. Now if it happens... I'll get into that.

FanInAZ
09-24-2009, 01:20 AM
I won't speculate the outcome of a rumor because as of now that's all it is, but it had to develop from inside somewhere. For Wall St. to respond, it has to have some merit. Now if it happens... I'll get into that.

You assuming that everybody involved with Wall St are competent stock brokers. The fact is that their are a lot mom and pops playing the stocks with the help of brokers that are only interest in getting their commissions. Such mom and pops are notorious for trying "self-educate" themselves with info from alternative sources in order to get the edge on everyone else. This leads them many of them to guided by bad info and to over react to unfounded rumors.

Shazam!
09-24-2009, 01:35 AM
No, I didn't assume anything. Stocks responded to a rumor and EAs went up a bit. Just reporting what is known about this rumor, here.

CrazyHorse
09-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Ahh this was just a rumor and has proven untrue. If Microsoft did buy EA Sony would be dead in the Water. It wouldn't affect Nintendo that much though.