PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs and Broncos

KCL
12-07-2007, 12:36 AM
okay...I made a thread and poll at the other board hoping to get some
good feedback.I posted in GD and some clown there had to jack the thread and only commented with snide remarks about Tony and my avy that I use
there.I know most of you know what avy I use.

Maybe thats why I don't post there too often.Too many newbies over there
that don't know me and only disses because I am a Chiefs fan.

I am giving this game to the Broncos as we never win in Denver plus the
fact that this seasons Chiefs are horrible.

so here goes and I know you all here can be civil...well I am hoping you
all can....;)

Escobar
12-07-2007, 12:38 AM
Its going to come to which team wants to lose it....because any of the 2 can win it.

Broncos Mtnman
12-07-2007, 12:46 AM
I'm still holding out hope for a 4 game win streak that wins us the division (after SD loses to Tenn).

Broncos 34 - 10

Requiem / The Dagda
12-07-2007, 12:48 AM
A loss for a higher draft pick. Chiefs go crazy in Denver. 28-17.

Stand Ablaze
12-07-2007, 12:52 AM
lol @ the guy who jacked your thread.. dissing an avvy is pretty weak.

Anyways back to the game, I think the Broncos will pull out the win at home by 7 points or so. But the Chiefs have played rather weird this year, they beat the Raiders and the Chargers at their houses, then they lose to both of them when they're playing at home! Odd! :eek:

Hopefully that doesn't continue when they come play the Broncos as the away team. Sweep! :laugh:

Astrass
12-07-2007, 01:36 AM
I think the broncos have the upper hand here. We can stack the box this game since it seems the KC passing game is questionable. I think thats what we did in KC. But the way both teams have played this year, reality is anything can happen.

KCL
12-07-2007, 07:11 AM
lol @ the guy who jacked your thread.. dissing an avvy is pretty weak.

Anyways back to the game, I think the Broncos will pull out the win at home by 7 points or so. But the Chiefs have played rather weird this year, they beat the Raiders and the Chargers at their houses, then they lose to both of them when they're playing at home! Odd! :eek:

Hopefully that doesn't continue when they come play the Broncos as the away team. Sweep! :laugh:

You know I actually was thinking about what you just posted here.Could this be the season where the Chiefs break the losing streak as well and win
at Invesco?:confused:

Could be a sweep for Denver tho-I won't be surprised if we lose....:tsk:

SR
12-07-2007, 07:17 AM
The Avalanche will be the Flyers tonight, 5-2.

omac
12-07-2007, 07:31 AM
I think the broncos have the upper hand here. We can stack the box this game since it seems the KC passing game is questionable. I think thats what we did in KC. But the way both teams have played this year, reality is anything can happen.

You mean in the same way as Oakland's passing game was questionable ... before McCown threw 3 TDs against us .... McCOWN! :D :D :D

The Chiefs run defense is better than the Broncos; they don't have to stack the box, plus none of our RBs are really healthy, and I think Kolby Smith is.

The Broncos are a pretty beaten up team; they've been playing hard, but all the injuries since the start of the season, plus the long away games stretch has been taking it's toll.

They should've beaten the Bears, and they weren't prepared for the Raiders. I know they'll play hard against the Chiefs, but the Broncos are the walking wounded. They're overplaying to make up for weaknesses and injuries, and it looks like they're mentally fatigued from the effort. They'd have to get a 4th wind to finish the season strong.

I'll say the Broncos win, only because they have a lot of heart, and I won't give up on them easy, but this is definitely not an objective answer.

Nomad
12-07-2007, 08:56 AM
It depends what teams show up. The BRONCOS team that played KC and TENN or the BRONCOS team that showed up last week or against SD and DET. Same with the KC Chiefs, the team that played SD in SD or that defense that showed up for the INDY game, or we could see the team the BRONCOS played last time.

I see this as a tight game and the Chiefs come to Invesco better prepared than at Arrowhead. It'll be two teams grinding it out and the BRONCOS will win but not in a convincing fashion.

Lonestar
12-07-2007, 01:33 PM
The chefs win finally at the new house..

Mainly because our team is at best the walking wounded. We beat them at home and they'll remember that.. Their DL and LBs as a group are better than ours are, as we speak..

broncosfanscott
12-07-2007, 08:55 PM
I see Denver winning this one, however I think it will be a close one with the final score:

Broncos 24 Chiefs 17

rcsodak
12-07-2007, 09:28 PM
This'll be the first game with big Sam gone, so it'll be interesting how they scheme the Dline.

Will we see a variation of the defense they played last year, and lots of useless blitzes?

Croyle is hurt. He's hardly practiced at all this week because of a sore back. Cold weather, and a hard surface, I don't see him lasting the entire game.

Champ on their rook and Fox on Gonzo, they won't get too much through the air, imho.

I see denver winning this....but then again, I thought denver would beat the faiduhs last week by 14+. :tsk:

TXBRONC
12-07-2007, 09:37 PM
This'll be the first game with big Sam gone, so it'll be interesting how they scheme the Dline.

Will we see a variation of the defense they played last year, and lots of useless blitzes?

Croyle is hurt. He's hardly practiced at all this week because of a sore back. Cold weather, and a hard surface, I don't see him lasting the entire game.

Champ on their rook and Fox on Gonzo, they won't get too much through the air, imho.

I see denver winning this....but then again, I thought denver would beat the faiduhs last week by 14+. :tsk:

Unfortunately this is a very inconsistent team this year.

kcvet
12-08-2007, 10:57 AM
right now we're in a fight with the faiders to see who finish's last !!! they beat us and you. maybe we should promote them back to the Raiders????? they really look tuff and seem to be putting it back together. im not sure if we'll win 2 of last 4.
you'll see our rookies at QB and RB tomorrow. myself im impressed with Kolby Smith. what a set a wheels. considering the problems the broncs have, I ain't got a clue who wins. I guess its which one wants it the most. in any event. we'll be home for Christmas !!!!

Lonestar
12-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Unfortunately this is a very inconsistent team this year.

I suspect that is mainly due to being so YOUNG, 3 rookies most of the year on the DL with many older players playing out of normal positions. For the most part rookies at WR, TE, RB and QB, so far this year. A really banged up OLINE and the leadership position from last year disappeared.

Think of this year as the learning curve and getting lots of kiddies experience for next year..

I have always stated this year would be so so to poor with next year being the major contention year..

TXBRONC
12-08-2007, 01:19 PM
I suspect that is mainly due to being so YOUNG, 3 rookies most of the year on the DL with many older players playing out of normal positions. For the most part rookies at WR, TE, RB and QB, so far this year. A really banged up OLINE and the leadership position from last year disappeared.

Think of this year as the learning curve and getting lots of kiddies experience for next year..

I have always stated this year would be so so to poor with next year being the major contention year..

I suspect it has more to do with injuries than anything else.

Az Snake
12-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Sorry KCLady, Broncos win !

Tony G. is a class act, has been having a good game recently, and is most likely a HOF candidate.

Tony could win the match-up on Bly if the ball gets to Tony.

But it will take more than Tony's usual valiant effort to beat the Broncos today.

If the Broncos keep the ball off the ground and no INTs,

The Broncos win big and SWEEP the Chiefs !

:aetsch:

KCL
12-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Sorry KCLady, Broncos win !

Tony G. is a class act, has been having a good game recently, and is most likely a HOF candidate.

Tony could win the match-up on Bly if the ball gets to Tony.

But it will take more than Tony's usual valiant effort to beat the Broncos today.

If the Broncos keep the ball off the ground and no INTs,

The Broncos win big and SWEEP the Chiefs !

:aetsch:

No need to be sorry AZ...I fully expect a loss...I have high hopes and low
expectations...;)

Yea it will take more than Tony to make it happen.He had a good game last
week vs the Chargers but we still came up short...:tsk:

But I suppose anything can happen.Hey maybe Jared Allen will sack Cutler a
couple of times and score a touchdown...:laugh:

kcvet...is Thigpen starting in place of Huard who was starting in place
of Croyle? Guess I will go and find out!

Medford Bronco
12-09-2007, 10:09 AM
No need to be sorry AZ...I fully expect a loss...I have high hopes and low
expectations...;)

Yea it will take more than Tony to make it happen.He had a good game last
week vs the Chargers but we still came up short...:tsk:

But I suppose anything can happen.Hey maybe Jared Allen will sack Cutler a
couple of times and score a touchdown...:laugh:

kcvet...is Thigpen starting in place of Huard who was starting in place
of Croyle? Guess I will go and find out!

who is thigpen, didnt he play WR for the Steelers 10 years ago:laugh: JK KCL
boy he fell of the face of the earth after leaving Pitt LOL

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/ThigYa00.htm

| Rushing | Receiving |
+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+
| Year TM | G | Att Yards Y/A TD | Rec Yards Y/R TD |
| 1991 sdg | 4 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 0 0 0.0 0 |
| 1992 pit | 12 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 1 2 2.0 0 |
| 1993 pit | 12 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 9 154 17.1 3 |
| 1994 pit | 15 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 36 546 15.2 4 |
| 1995 pit | 16 | 1 1 1.0 0 | 85 1307 15.4 5 |
| 1996 pit | 6 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 12 244 20.3 2 |
| 1997 pit | 16 | 1 3 3.0 0 | 79 1398 17.7 7 |
| 1998 ten | 9 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 38 493 13.0 3 |
| 1999 ten | 10 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 38 648 17.1 4 |
| 2000 ten | 9 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 15 289 19.3 2 |
| TOTAL | 109 | 2 4 2.0 0 | 313 5081 16.2 30

KCL
12-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Yancey...when I read your post....I thought of Yancey...:laugh:
but no...wrong Thigpen but now Thigpen is on the Chiefs
injured reserve.

Tyler Thigpen (http://www.kcchiefs.com/player/tyler_thigpen/)

Medford Bronco
12-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Yancey...when I read your post....I thought of Yancey...:laugh:
but no...wrong Thigpen but now Thigpen is on the Chiefs
injured reserve.

Tyler Thigpen (http://www.kcchiefs.com/player/tyler_thigpen/)

he almost can be as cool as Dee Brown of the Celtics um I mean Chiefs :D jk

I gotta go, enjoy the game KCL and root for Meds upset pics ;)

kcvet
12-09-2007, 10:24 AM
whats the weather in Denver today???? anybody.

KCL
12-09-2007, 10:30 AM
he almost can be as cool as Dee Brown of the Celtics um I mean Chiefs :D jk

I gotta go, enjoy the game KCL and root for Meds upset pics ;)

Med talking about Dee Brown....that takes me back aways...:mad:

:laugh:

KCL
12-09-2007, 10:33 AM
whats the weather in Denver today???? anybody.

probably worse than in KC.

vet, who is starting at QB today?

KCL
12-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Here you go vet...

http://www.wunderground.com/US/CO/Denver.html

KCL
12-09-2007, 08:10 PM
well there you have it folks...I called the game!

Big win for the Broncos....ugly loss for the Chiefs!

And to think both teams lost to the Raiders the last
couple of weeks....:laugh:

omac
12-10-2007, 05:17 AM
I just voted the Broncos. :D

KCL
12-10-2007, 07:07 AM
I just voted the Broncos. :D

Good Choice Omac.....:laugh:

pnbronco
12-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Sorry KC, you can call it, but when it's your team it still hurts. You are all class and I always look forward to reading what you have to say. I still go to the "other" site but rarely post. This is the place to have people "hear" what you are trying to say. Have a great week..pn