PDA

View Full Version : Shanahan leaving this offseason for Michigan???

The Hamburgler
12-06-2007, 08:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5BXpkaCJzk

watch the vid by PFT guys and comment.

dogfish
12-06-2007, 08:29 PM
not happening. . .

for some reason, it just chaps florio's ass to no end that shanahan has such ironclad job security. . . he's just flappin' his gums, though-- for whatever reason, he seems to desperately WANT shanahan to be "on the hot seat," but denver fans know better. . . .

broncosfanscott
12-06-2007, 10:12 PM
This is total BS. These guys have no clue what they are talking about. There is no way Shanahan is going to leave the Broncos and Bowlen isn't going to fire him. I mean he just signed a contract extension earlier in the season.

TXBRONC
12-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Yeah DF is right this guy is pulling this stuff right out of his butt.

omac
12-06-2007, 10:17 PM
They're not a very credible site anyway. They're more sensationalism than journalism, and its evident in their front page.

TXBRONC
12-06-2007, 10:26 PM
They're not a very credible site anyway. They're more sensationalism than journalism, and its evident in their front page.

The guy never even said anything about a source.

dogfish
12-06-2007, 11:00 PM

i actually like PFT, and they're frequently right on with their scoops-- that's one thing i do give them credit for, they're generally pretty up front about what they got from a source, and what they're just plain speculating on. . . this, obviously, falls into the latter category. . .

WAB
12-06-2007, 11:09 PM
Well, he was connected to Notre Dame a few years back...and Florida IIRC.

He'd make a great college coach, IMO. Totalitarion who has the respect of his players....like Saban minus the douchebaggery.

TXBRONC
12-06-2007, 11:11 PM

He'd make a great college coach, IMO. Totalitarion who has the respect of his players....like Saban minus the douchebaggery.

Wasn't douchebaggery the skill that Alabama coveted most in Saban when they hired him? :laugh:

lex
12-06-2007, 11:41 PM
Those guys are one step up from, "and boom goes the dynamite."

Lonestar
12-07-2007, 12:13 AM
we can only hope. Finally get someone decent to make some great draft choices..

Lonestar
12-07-2007, 12:14 AM
The guy never even said anything about a source.

Nice to see you back have you been on vacation or something?
Have not seen many of your post that past few days..

Mike
12-07-2007, 09:11 AM
I wouldn't be upset if it was true. He has been in Denver for a long time. Maybe a change of scenery is what Shanahan needs?

I still doubt it happens...but who knows?:whoknows:

Nomad
12-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Shanahan needs to deny the thought and move on for next year, if not then if Mich doesn't find a coach before the NFL season ends then this speculation will spread like wildfire and it will be like a few years ago with Florida and Notre Dame.

NameUsedBefore
12-07-2007, 09:35 AM
If Cutler wasn't here I might be moved to agree, but since he is I simply can't see Shanahan leaving just yet.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-07-2007, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't doubt this speculation for a minute. As WAB mentioned, he's been connected to several schools over the past few years. I don't think it's going to happen, but I don't see why Michigan wouldn't be interested.

Retired_Member_001
12-07-2007, 06:02 PM
I wouldn't doubt this speculation for a minute. As WAB mentioned, he's been connected to several schools over the past few years. I don't think it's going to happen, but I don't see why Michigan wouldn't be interested.

I agree.

I think it's possible they would be interested. However I do not see Shanahan leaving. I think he wants to see the Cutler to Marshall partnership develop.

Hawgdriver
12-07-2007, 06:20 PM

Can I nominate this post for an award of some kind? :laugh:

TXBRONC
12-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Nice to see you back have you been on vacation or something?
Have not seen many of your post that past few days..

No just busy.

saddletramp
12-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Does anyone here actually believe that Michigan could pay Shan anywhere near what he makes now? And, if they could or even would, Does anyone believe he would go from being a Professional Football Coach in the NFL to being a coach in the NCAA???? Even a DivisionI School with a great history???

Requiem / The Dagda
12-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Of course they could, college coaches make a crap load of money, some even way more than NFL coaches.

champbronc2
12-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Nothing but speculation.

Lonestar
12-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Does anyone here actually believe that Michigan could pay Shan anywhere near what he makes now? And, if they could or even would, Does anyone believe he would go from being a Professional Football Coach in the NFL to being a coach in the NCAA???? Even a DivisionI School with a great history???

It is not always about money.. Some times you just need to go home..

TXBRONC
12-07-2007, 11:12 PM
It is not always about money.. Some times you just need to go home..

Shanahan is from Illinois.

Lonestar
12-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Shanahan is from Illinois.
Glad to see your back.. Yes he went to Illinois state or something like that but I was referring to HOME as in college ball, it was where he got his start.. It is all in BIG 10 country.

TXBRONC
12-07-2007, 11:36 PM
Glad to see your back.. Yes he went to Illinois state or something like that but I was referring to HOME as in college ball, it was where he got his start.. It is all in BIG 10 country.

He attended Eastern Illinois University and played football there until he was injured. After graduated he served as an assistant coach at Northern Arizona University, the University of Oklahoma, was the offensive coordinator at alma mater, and then he coached at the University of Florida and the University of Minnesota.

Lonestar
12-07-2007, 11:56 PM
He attended Eastern Illinois University and played football there until he was injured. After graduated he served as an assistant coach at Northern Arizona University, the University of Oklahoma, was the offensive coordinator at alma mater, and then he coached at the University of Florida and the University of Minnesota.

I think you will find he also graduate assisted or something like that at his school after he was injured.

TXBRONC
12-08-2007, 12:02 AM
I think you will find he also graduate assisted or something like that at his school after he was injured.

Yeah after he was injured he took coaching right away because he was never going to be able to play again. I would bet his first experience at EIU was as intern.

Lonestar
12-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Yeah after he was injured he took coaching right away because he was never going to be able to play again. I would bet his first experience at EIU was as intern.

Where he got the bug. Not sure the correct term I heard graduate assistant.

Or understood it that way. He had had a scholarship and lost a kidney I think it was and could never play again because of the chance of dying after big hit.

TXBRONC
12-08-2007, 12:18 AM
Where he got the bug. Not sure the correct term I heard graduate assistant.

Or understood it that way. He had had a scholarship and lost a kidney I think it was and could never play again because of the chance of dying after big hit.

The hit severed one his kindey's in half, it nearly killed him.