PDA

View Full Version : Mason's Morsels 12/6: Stokley sits out; Walker Limited

Stand Ablaze
12-05-2007, 05:54 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason/2007/12/05/wait-and-see-for-stokley-hall-young-return-to-full-practice/

Brandon Stokley, sat out Wednesday after injuring his left knee Sunday at Oakland. This is the second knee problem for Stokley in two weeks,

“I got kicked on the inside of my leg and my whole leg kind of whipped out,” Stokley said of the latest injury, “I kept playing through it. It was bothering me a little bit off and on, but in that situation, you’ve just got to play through it.”

But he couldn’t practice through it Wednesday,
“I didn’t even try,” Stokley said. “I’m just going to see how it does. Maybe try it tomorrow. But I just rested it today.”

Until Stokley tests the knee, he won’t have much of an idea about his status for the Chiefs game.

Hall, meanwhile, said he felt “a little pain” in his first practice since suffering the left-high-ankle sprain against Chicago on Nov. 25, but didn’t feel any lingering soreness by the time he returned to the locker room about 15 minutes after he completed his extra post-practice work on kickoff returns.

When asked whether he’d be able to play Sunday, he was resolute in his reply.

“Definitely. I’m back,” he said. “I don’t care about that ankle. I’m not worried about it. I’m going to do what I’ve got to do.”

In addition to Hall, seven other Broncos were listed on the injury report but made it through the entire two-hour practice at Broncos headquarters: John Engelberger (shoulder), Glenn Martinez (ankle), Isaac Snell (thigh), Javon Walker (knee), Nate Webster (ribs), Jamie Winborn (hamstring) and Young, who hurt his forearm Sunday at Oakland.

omac
12-05-2007, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the report, Stand Ablaze. :salute:

I don't like players forcing themselves to play through injury; I know these players have a lot of pride and want to win, but I wouldn't want any of them to aggravate their injuries. I'd rather see them healed up for next season. I want the Broncos to win, but not at the expense of the individual players careers.

Broncos Mtnman
12-06-2007, 12:13 AM
Well, if Stokely can't play, we should be seeing alot more of Walker.

TXBRONC
12-06-2007, 12:16 AM
I hope that they'll all be able to go Sunday. We especially need Hall, Stokley, and Young to be healthy enough to play.

omac
12-06-2007, 12:31 AM
I hope that they'll all be able to go Sunday. We especially need Hall, Stokley, and Young to be healthy enough to play.

Yeah, but if they're playing injured, they may not be very effective.

I'm really starting to wonder if some aspect of their training routine is causing them to be more prone to injuries.

TXBRONC
12-06-2007, 07:58 AM
Yeah, but if they're playing injured, they may not be very effective.

I'm really starting to wonder if some aspect of their training routine is causing them to be more prone to injuries.

No I don't think a lack of quality training routine is the problem. I think has more to do with rigors of being in the NFL.

SR
12-06-2007, 08:10 AM

Why the heck would you wonder that? It's not like this happens every year.

Stand Ablaze
12-06-2007, 05:31 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason/2007/12/06/ferguson-nicked-up-walker-limited/

Safety Nick Ferguson described himself as “nicked up” on Thursday after missing a second consecutive day of practice.

“You just kind of wait to see what Sunday’s outcome is going to be,” he said.

“He’s sore,” Head Coach Mike Shanahan added. “I’d say that he’s closer to doubtful than questionable, but there was improvement today, so you never know.”

Ferguson wasn’t with his teammates on the practice field, but he did stay active while his teammates worked Thursday, saying that he was able to jog around in spite of the knee injury he suffered.

“Yeah, I do all that stuff,” Ferguson said. “I stay in shape. You’ve got to stay in shape. You never know.”

Joining Ferguson on the sidelines for a second consecutive day was wide receiver Brandon Stokley, who continued to recuperate from a knee strain he suffered at Oakland.

Shanahan said he did not know whether Stokley’s recovery could be protracted.

“He couldn’t practice today and we’ll take a look at it tomorrow,” Shanahan said.

Wide receiver Javon Walker was also limited in practice on Thursday after going through the full range of work Wednesday afternoon.

“He was limited; (he’s) still a little bit sore,” Shanahan said. “Not at full speed, but we’ll wait and see with him as well.”

SR
12-07-2007, 02:18 AM
I sure hope Walker doesn't try to rush his comeback. Our season is pretty much lost and I'd hate to see him rush coming back and hurting his knee further. If I had to guess, I'd say he'll probably have it worked on some more in the offseason.