PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Country

Superchop 7
09-22-2009, 06:01 PM
For the record.

I like Josh the co-ordinator.....I dislike Josh the head coach.

The ascension of Joe Ellis is parallel to the demise of the Broncos integrity and "especially" honesty.

Nolan is doing a fantastic job with average talent.

Our draft was off course.

Cutler had every reason to be pissed.

Brandon had every reason to be pissed.

To say that you will look at everything to get better, then forget that Garcia is available is troubling.

Our play at the QB position needs improvement.

Very soon the bottom is going to fall out people, keep some perspective. Teams catch up to your schemes, we are lacking talent on the defense and our QB, despite a pluthera of talent on offense, is still lost out there.

I'm not intentionally being negative, I'm intentionally being honest.:salute:

Slick
09-22-2009, 06:07 PM
I can appreciate blatant honesty.

dogfish
09-22-2009, 06:08 PM
I can appreciate blatant honesty.

good, because there's something i've been meaning to tell you. . . . :lol:

Slick
09-22-2009, 06:12 PM
good, because there's something i've been meaning to tell you. . . . :lol:

Well, you haven't called in weeks so I kind of figured it out on my own. I was planning on trading you in for a newer model anyways.

Asian Sushi 7
09-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Orton zero INTs. He avoid big mistakes.

Andra very good. DJ play like belly full of sake.

Northman
09-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahaa

honz
09-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Broncos suck. Fire McDaniels. Bring in Spagnuolo.

Italianmobstr7
09-22-2009, 06:20 PM
I think our team will be just fine. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I swear after reading some posts on all the Broncos boards, you'd think we're 0-2 and not the other way around.

honz
09-22-2009, 06:22 PM
We should have drafted Orakpo and Maualooagoogoogaga. Both are sure fire HOF'ers. Moreno and Ayers = Bust.

honz
09-22-2009, 06:25 PM
We gave the Seahawks the #1 overall pick next year for a midget corner that couldn't cover Topscribe's grandmother. We'll be lucky to win a game this season.

Slick
09-22-2009, 06:27 PM
I disagree with you on Garcia, chop...not saying Orton's top flight, but Garcia was born to play west coast, and this isn't it.

We all probably think the draft was off course, especially when it's not on "our" course. Myself included here, and I'll refrain from judging Josh's skills as a head coach until we see what he's made of. What does he do when he faces adversity...injuries/losing big/ losing a close one...things like that.

I realize that some of us don't think he has the best people skills in the world, but let's also remember he had trouble with the two guys with the biggest egos on the entire team in Marshall and Cutler. He hasn't had trouble with any other player as far as I know.

You do raise some other interesting points.

roomemp
09-22-2009, 06:33 PM
I told all of you bums in the off season that Denver would not win 2 games.......Wait what :laugh:

Tned-Mobile
09-22-2009, 06:33 PM
We try and subscribe to a "we are all part of the Broncos community" philosophy and ask that people don't bash other message boards on BF. I know we can all get frustrated with things at times -- some people get frustrated with how we run things here.

In the end, we are part of a relatively small community, that being Broncos fans, and as such, as much as possible we should support each other, no matter where our online home is.

Ok, back to talking football.

dogfish
09-22-2009, 06:47 PM
oh shit, could it be. . . . ??

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9941/user2pic7871240173712.jpg (http://img22.imageshack.us/i/user2pic7871240173712.jpg/)

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5537/drphili.jpg (http://img24.imageshack.us/i/drphili.jpg/)

Tned is actually dr. phil!

:laugh:

Ziggy
09-22-2009, 06:49 PM
For the record.

The ascension of Joe Ellis is parallel to the demise of the Broncos integrity and "especially" honesty.

To say that you will look at everything to get better, then forget that Garcia is available is troubling.

Very soon the bottom is going to fall out people, keep some perspective. Teams catch up to your schemes, we are lacking talent on the defense and our QB, despite a pluthera of talent on offense, is still lost out there.

I love posts like this. Some fans can find a way to focus on the negative, no matter what the Broncos are doing on the field. Go ahead and wait for the bottom to fall out Chop. Whether you're right or wrong, the only thing you're doing is refusing to enjoy the Broncos current success. Have fun with that. I'll just go ahead and keep on loving the way this season has started.

Man, I love this team! Isn't it great to be a Broncos fan?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Guess I will throw my :2cents: in - I'm wearing ORANGE COLORED :glasses:

honz
09-22-2009, 06:54 PM
I love posts like this. Some fans can find a way to focus on the negative, no matter what the Broncos are doing on the field. Go ahead and wait for the bottom to fall out Chop. Whether you're right or wrong, the only thing you're doing is refusing to enjoy the Broncos current success. Have fun with that. I'll just go ahead and keep on loving the way this season has started.

Man, I love this team! Isn't it great to be a Broncos fan?

Seriously. If I ever got to the point where I was that bitter and negative about the Broncos I would just start rooting for Mark Sanchise and the Jets.

Tned
09-22-2009, 06:59 PM

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9941/user2pic7871240173712.jpg (http://img22.imageshack.us/i/user2pic7871240173712.jpg/)

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5537/drphili.jpg (http://img24.imageshack.us/i/drphili.jpg/)

I'm Danny Devito's younger brother.

LRtagger
09-22-2009, 07:40 PM
There is a huge difference between THINKING the bottom will fall out and HOPING it will fall out. Unfortunately it would seem some fans are more the latter than the former.

MOtorboat
09-22-2009, 07:47 PM
I disagree with many of the original opinions in the first post, but this Garcia shit has got to stop.

He got cut by the RAIDERS and 31 other teams aren't signing him for a reason...probably because he's done.

Orton hasn't thrown an interception yet, and sure, his completion percentage sucks, but guess what we just clobbered an NFL team 27-6 and were plus 2 in the turnover game in both games this season.

GEM
09-22-2009, 07:50 PM
I disagree with many of the original opinions in the first post, but this Garcia shit has got to stop.

He got cut by the RAIDERS and 31 other teams aren't signing him for a reason...probably because he's done.

Orton hasn't thrown an interception yet, and sure, his completion percentage sucks, but guess what we just clobbered an NFL team 27-6 and were plus 2 in the turnover game in both games this season.

Philly signed him. He knows their system and McNabb got hurt. I'm guessing that is the ONLY reason.

LRtagger
09-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Philly signed him. He knows their system and McNabb got hurt. I'm guessing that is the ONLY reason.

Yep and he still probably wont see the field...and he will probably get cut when McNabb gets back.

MOtorboat
09-22-2009, 07:55 PM

Good point. I forgot about that.

Kolb is going to get cut.

Hey, maybe we can pick him up...:rolleyes:

T.K.O.
09-22-2009, 07:55 PM
garcia signed with the eagles (granted it was due to injury) and we will probably see him start week 4.
we are gonna be a FORCE on D this year....just watch and Orton will get in a groove,hopefully starting this week.
i stick by my 10-6 prediction unless teams like the steelers and pats are no where near as good as they were supposed to be ,then i'm thinkin 12-4:salute:

Simple Jaded
09-22-2009, 08:05 PM
The fact that people are even bringing up QB's like Jeff Garcia is telling, Kyle Orton is going to be the starting QB for the Denver Broncos even past this season, imo, but even his biggest supporters seem to have a hard time believing it.

As for Garcia, his weaknesses are no different than Orton's.

The fact they "just win" is the best you can say for their ability, but if all you care about is NOT throwing Int's you could plug many NFL QB's into a team that has given up 6.5 points a game on defense and say they "just win", starting with Simms and Brandstater.......

MOtorboat
09-22-2009, 08:07 PM
At what point is a win a win?

Orton isn't turning over the football, I could give two shits whether he's lighting up the statistics. He's keeping drives alive and he's won two football games.

WARHORSE
09-22-2009, 08:11 PM
For the record.

Let me bring you back to reality.

You ARE being intentionally negative.

You are NOT being intentionally honest.

Youre being intentionally negative cause you arent mentioning the positive. Youre bagging on McD cause you solely give Nolan credit for any success we've had on defense, and totally blame McD for what you perceive has an inept offense.

Why not blame McCoy?

Why not mention the fact that McD brought in the free agents that are making a huge difference on D?

Why havent you mentioned special teams coverage?

Honest means without deceit. Speaking half truths is deceitful.

In other words..................you dont even know what youre talkin about.

For the record:

I dont mean that in a negative way.

Just bein honest.:salute:

Tned
09-22-2009, 08:17 PM

Orton isn't turning over the football, I could give two shits whether he's lighting up the statistics. He's keeping drives alive and he's won two football games.

A win hasn't been a win since '03 when Plummer just 'won', but it wasn't good enough.

MOtorboat
09-22-2009, 08:18 PM
A win hasn't been a win since '03 when Plummer just 'won', but it wasn't good enough.

Pretty much.

Simple Jaded
09-22-2009, 08:34 PM

Keeps drives alive, how so?

In the Bengal game the Broncos had 3 drives out 12 of 7 plays or more, a game that included five 3-and-outs on offense.

In the Browns game the Broncos had 5 drives out of 11 of 7 plays or more.

What's interesting is that the Broncos scored all but 7 of their points so far on drives of 7 plays or under.......they've had four drives of 10+ plays that have ended with a punt, two missed FG's and a FG.......three of their four TD's came on drives of 3 plays or less, so to be honest, whether or not he keeps drives alive so far should only matter to those that care if he's lighting up the statistics.

The Broncos have had one sustained drive with any real results.......

MOtorboat
09-22-2009, 08:40 PM

In the Bengal game the Broncos had 3 drives out 12 of 7 plays or more, a game that included five 3-and-outs on offense.

What's interesting is that the Broncos scored all but 7 of their points so far on drives of 7 plays or under.......they've had four drives of 10+ plays that have ended with a punt, two missed FG's and a FG.......three of their four TD's came on drives of 3 plays or less, so to be honest, whether or not he keeps drives alive so far should only matter to those that care if he's lighting up the statistics.

Nah, you're right, those wins don't count.

My bad.

We just won a game 27-6...there have been 32 games in the NFL thus far. Four have been won by 21 or more.

Enjoy it.

T.K.O.
09-22-2009, 08:47 PM
yeah points shouldnt count if they dont require at least 10 plays....the league had better look into a "rule change" on this.....:mad:
and whats with "noodle arm" being 3rd in the league with passing plays over 25 yds....thats bull.....he cant even throw the ball 25 yds:confused:

T.K.O.
09-22-2009, 08:48 PM
did "hotcarl" get banned?

BroncoWave
09-22-2009, 09:00 PM
The fact that people are even bringing up QB's like Jeff Garcia is telling.

You're the only person bringing him up. :rolleyes:

BroncoWave
09-22-2009, 09:02 PM

Have you forgotten all the 3rd down drops we've had in the first 2 games? Funny how that's Orton's fault too. I was unaware he played WR.

MOtorboat
09-22-2009, 09:04 PM
You're the only person bringing him up. :rolleyes:

Nah, I'll give link this...it was the thread starter...I was just responding to the thread starter. Link was responding to me....but...the "we coulda had Garcia" crap is pretty much useless.

BroncoWave
09-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Nah, I'll give link this...it was the thread starter...I was just responding to the thread starter. Link was responding to me....but...the "we coulda had Garcia" crap is pretty much useless.

Oops my bad. I get link and chop confused because they both post the exact same crap over and over.

Shazam!
09-22-2009, 09:06 PM
This is bullshit and I hate this crap.

WTF more does the team have to do? With a new coach, scheme and players, an improved defense a fan couldn't be happier right now. Should they have lost?

This is the kind of 'fan' and I'll use that word losely, who is straddling both sides of the fence.

It's convenient and childish.

When Denver wins and plays good these 'fans' would bitch, cry moan about this or that no matter what they do.

When they lose, even in a max effort game instead of not even showing up (like we've been used to seeing the past few years) they lick their chops to say "I told you so!"

Even if the Broncos reach 3-0 (which would all but negate the 4-12 predictions flying around) they still won't be happy.

Even if they make the playoffs, they'll cry "If Cutler was here, they'd be a Super Bowl team."

It's pathetic and sickening. Sickening.

pnbronco
09-22-2009, 10:25 PM

You know this would explain a lot.....:lol:

I didn't think they would win the first game, so I'm happy. I thought it was great to be wrong.

I think they have improved a lot from the 1st to the 2nd game. It would appear that are addressing problems from one week to the next. The D has been a really pleasant surprise and that's from someone who wears orange colored glasses. I'm not sure if we will make it to the playoffs this year, but Sunday was nice and I have full intention of enjoying it.

ikillz0mbies
09-22-2009, 10:51 PM
The Denver Broncos will suck without Cutler and Shanahan. McDaniels is the worse coach to coach this team. Orton sucks. 2-0 record is such a fluke record. ***** this team and all you guys. I'm rooting for the Raiders...............

Thnikkaman
09-22-2009, 11:18 PM
For the record.

Good thing you aren't a Broncos fan.

Blatent honesty and all.

Thnikkaman
09-22-2009, 11:27 PM
The Denver Broncos will suck without Cutler and Shanahan. McDaniels is the worse coach to coach this team. Orton sucks. 2-0 record is such a fluke record. F*** this team and all you guys. I'm rooting for the Raiders...............

How close do you live to the Original In-N-Out?

MOtorboat
09-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Good thing you aren't a Broncos fan.

Blatent honesty and all.

I'm pretty sure Bailey, Dawkins and Williams aren't "average" talent.

Calling two hall-of-famers and Williams average is just utter stupidity...

ikillz0mbies
09-22-2009, 11:36 PM
How close do you live to the Original In-N-Out?

10-15 minutes.

Why do you ask?

Thnikkaman
09-22-2009, 11:37 PM
10-15 minutes.

Why do you ask?

My Dad lived in West Covina for quite some time actually. Just curious. Oh, can you send me two double double's animal style freeze dried.

shank
09-22-2009, 11:41 PM
i went to the in-n-out with your mom.

i still haven't been to the restaurant.

dogfish
09-22-2009, 11:43 PM
ba-dum-BUM!

ikillz0mbies
09-22-2009, 11:47 PM
The thing I don't get is how can fans still see anything negative thus far?

Two weeks into the season is the only thing to analyze and they have looked good. At the very least, exceeded expectations. Granted the wins were against the Bengals and Browns.

But c'mon. The way the defense has played. MUCH more aggressive than last season. Constant pressure on the QB and MUCH better man coverage. The zone defense is kind of iffy, but still.

And yes, the offense is shaky but has shown flashes. The Broncos offense haven't turned the ball over, which is a great thing. The less turnovers=less amount of other team's possessions. Orton may not have Herculean arm strength, but he is not passing to the other team. He is poised and confident in his throws. And yes, the running game does need work as well. But remember, there is less ZBS and more man. There is still no question that the Broncos o-line is the best in the league. The running game WILL get going throughout the season.

Face it. This is a brand new system, new scheme, new personnel, new players, etc. And for the Broncos to be 2-0 and show signs of mass improvement, I'll take that ANY DAMN DAY. Be happy with it. The Broncos hit are hitting the storm of their schedule after Oakland. And with the way DAL, PIT, and SD are playing, the Broncos CAN beat them.

Hell, what if the Broncos do beat DAL, PIT, and SD. What can the pessimists say now? What 'end-of-the-world' remark can be said if the Broncos beat those teams? A win against any of those teams will show improvement from last years atrocious breakdown.

There is light at the end of the tunnel folks. We may not get there at the speed of sound, but we'll get there.

Shazam!
09-22-2009, 11:53 PM
Face this- Last season the Broncos defense would've gave up 25+ easy to Cinci without a doubt in my mind.

ikillz0mbies
09-22-2009, 11:55 PM
My Dad lived in West Covina for quite some time actually. Just curious. Oh, can you send me two double double's animal style freeze dried.

I'll take a picture of me eating and dedicating it to you :D

ikillz0mbies
09-22-2009, 11:56 PM
Face this- Last season the Broncos defense would've gave up 25+ easy to Cinci without a doubt in my mind.

And that would be only the 1st quarter. And Bob Slowick would still think that's OK and make no adjustments at the half.

Thnikkaman
09-23-2009, 12:02 AM
I'll take a picture of me eating and dedicating it to you :D

That will work. I will get mine in April when I go to Vegas.

And I also want to complement you for your excellent use of sarcasm without the use of the Sarcasm tag.

ikillz0mbies
09-23-2009, 12:04 AM

And I also want to complement you for your excellent use of sarcasm without the use of the Sarcasm tag.

Who says it was sarcasm? I'll go there and eat. But I'll write "Thnikkaman" on the food carton. Then I'll have a strawberry milkshake to complete the dedication.

gobroncsnv
09-23-2009, 06:54 AM

We got the In n Out happening up here in Reno area also...

Thnikkaman
09-23-2009, 07:16 AM
I would make a killing if I could open up an In-N-Out franchise here in Iowa.

EastCoastBronco
09-23-2009, 07:27 AM

Yes you are. Your statement chooses to accept the honest fact that teams will get better and figure us out but refuses to acknowledge the honest fact that we are going to get better as well. Do you think we are going to just drop into neutral from here on out?
Don't pass off your negativity as "just being honest". Let's call a spade a spade and cut to the chase. You're a pessimist.

Dirk
09-23-2009, 07:32 AM
This kind of crap kills me! I am a fan of the game but first and foremost of the Broncos.

I have been going around the office telling my friends who are Pats, Texans and Cowboys fans that...

We are undefeated!!!
We are 1st in our division!!

I take what I can get when it comes! No matter if they win or lose, I don't bitch about it.

Shazam!
09-23-2009, 09:25 AM
You know what, The Broncos appear to be decent and the Defense good and all the people calling McDaniels McDumbass and other bullshit this terrible offseason cannot handle it. If the Broncos go 3-0, and it is likely they will, the prediction of 4-12 and 5-11 or worse have been terribly wrong (as I knew they would be) and they feel the need to justify their stupidity.

I root for the uniform no matter who is in it and won't condemn the personnel until I see them perform.

If the team surpises me with wins I am HAPPY about it.

T.K.O.
09-23-2009, 10:52 AM
For the record.

"Honestly, it didn't matter," said Dawkins, when asked about the preseason public perception of the team. "It doesn't matter what, outside this locker room, they're saying about this team. We make our own reality in work, the way we practice, the way we prepare, and the way we play on game day. So people can continue to talk about us in the negative. That's fine. We don't believe in that.":salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-23-2009, 11:04 AM
"Honestly, it didn't matter," said Dawkins, when asked about the preseason public perception of the team. "It doesn't matter what, outside this locker room, they're saying about this team. We make our own reality in work, the way we practice, the way we prepare, and the way we play on game day. So people can continue to talk about us in the negative. That's fine. We don't believe in that.":salute:

Great post, and I will only listen to people who should know - the players, the coaches, previous players such as Elway, and Shannon, who said yesterday in a phone conversation with Scott and Alfred, that, after seeing the Broncos play Sunday, he has changed his mind - he stated that the Broncos are a lot better than he thought they would be.

Superchop 7
09-23-2009, 11:40 AM
It has also been noted by many philosophers that pessimism is not a disposition as the term commonly connotes. Instead, it is a cogent philosophy that directly challenges the notion of progress and what may be considered the faith-based claims of optimism.

LRtagger
09-23-2009, 11:50 AM
I can't wait to see the threads after we lose a couple games

powderaddict
09-23-2009, 11:57 AM
It has also been noted by many philosophers that pessimism is not a disposition as the term commonly connotes. Instead, it is a cogent philosophy that directly challenges the notion of progress and what may be considered the faith-based claims of optimism.

Exactly, who doesn't love a wet blanket! :salute:

Kaylore
09-23-2009, 11:58 AM
For the record.

At least you had the decency to mention this at the beginning of your post so we knew how biased you were. In fact this is all you had to write. "I don't like him so I'm a hater."

Got it.

Yeah, yeah. "The organization is all lying! Cutler is the truth of all!":coffee:

Good job failing to mention that McDaniels hired Nolan. That McDaniels, not Nolan, hired the rest of the coaching staff. That McDaniels made the decision to move to a 3-4, and that McDaniels runs the practice routines and oversees each unit.

We won't know that for three years. Even if you end up being right it will be because you guessed right. As is, Moreno is starting to come on, Alphonso Smith looks great, McBath had an interception, Olsen had a good preseason as did McKinley. Baker, an undrafted FA is our second team NT. Ayers will take longer because he's changing positions AND scheme. Talk to me in 3 years.

False. Good players are discussed in trades all the time. It's part of pro ball. Elway was discussed and came to camp and worked hard. Brees was discussed and had a pro-bowl year with his club. Baseball stars are discussed all the time. Cutler just thought he was "above" all those guys.

:lol:The Broncos had every reason to be pissed. He's been arrested every year he's been in the league for slapping up a woman and usually something else like DUI (Ask Stallworth if DUI is a big deal or not) or driving without a licence or insurance while passing two vehicles on the shoulder on I-25. It's his fault no one wants to trade for him or pay him.

Garcia is a west coast offense and doesn't fit this team. He's never played in the "Erhardt-Perkins" offense and his skill set doesn't match up well in it. Notice he went to a west coast offensive team.

Not really. Orton has a 90 QB rating.
He has more passes of 20+ yards than Drew Brees, Jay Cutler, Peyton Manning, Joe Flacco, Ben Roethlisberger, Tony Romo, Matt Ryan and Matt Schaub.
He is one of five QB's in the NFL to not throw an interception. And of those only he and Favre has not fumbled the ball yet.

Our offense last year was 2nd in yardage but 16th in points.

So far it is 8th in yardage and 15th in points. I would like to point out that it is trending up and that if Prater makes his field goals we are ranked even higher.

Very soon the bottom is going to fall out people, keep some perspective. Teams catch up to your schemes, we are lacking talent on the defense and our QB, despite a pluthera of talent on offense, is still lost out there.First of all it's "plethora." Second of all, Shanahan left this mess for McDaniels to clean up: Horrid defense, horrid special teams, and an offense that was the worst at turning the ball over in the redzone in the league. Our defense and special team is way better and while I agree we are a work in progress, it is definitely in progress toward a well conditioned, smart, tough team. You can pine for the days of seeing Jamie Winborn grab a facemask on third and eighteen only breath life into a drive that would result in us getting embarrassed on national TV, or watching Jay Cutler roll out and throw picks into the Jets redzone on second down when we're leading. However I'll stick with the smart football team that comes prepared to face their opponent every week.

I'm not intentionally being negative, I'm intentionally being honest.
I think you really believe that's how things are, but you are wrong and making a lot of assumptions. You are just another of Denver's many fans who worship the QB position and are bitter you lost your "god" and now hate everything McDaniels does.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Kaylore, do you need a towel sir? A drink of water? Nice post.

Thnikkaman
09-23-2009, 12:07 PM
I can't wait to see the threads after we lose a couple games

I can't wait to see the threads at the end of the season when we finish better than 4-12 or 5-11.

How are your Bears doing?

EastCoastBronco
09-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Damn fine post Mr. Khan...

T.K.O.
09-23-2009, 12:19 PM
kaylore....."you go buoyee!"
accurate and sensible responses to each ridiculous theory ! touché

Shazam!
09-23-2009, 12:21 PM
At least you had the decency to mention this at the beginning of your post so we knew how biased you were. In fact this is all you had to write. "I don't like him so I'm a hater."

Got it.

Yeah, yeah. "The organization is all lying! Cutler is the truth of all!":coffee:

Good job failing to mention that McDaniels hired Nolan. That McDaniels, not Nolan, hired the rest of the coaching staff. That McDaniels made the decision to move to a 3-4, and that McDaniels runs the practice routines and oversees each unit.

We won't know that for three years. Even if you end up being right it will be because you guessed right. As is, Moreno is starting to come on, Alphonso Smith looks great, McBath had an interception, Olsen had a good preseason as did McKinley. Baker, an undrafted FA is our second team NT. Ayers will take longer because he's changing positions AND scheme. Talk to me in 3 years.

False. Good players are discussed in trades all the time. It's part of pro ball. Elway was discussed and came to camp and worked hard. Brees was discussed and had a pro-bowl year with his club. Baseball stars are discussed all the time. Cutler just thought he was "above" all those guys.

:lol:The Broncos had every reason to be pissed. He's been arrested every year he's been in the league for slapping up a woman and usually something else like DUI (Ask Stallworth if DUI is a big deal or not) or driving without a licence or insurance while passing two vehicles on the shoulder on I-25. It's his fault no one wants to trade for him or pay him.

Garcia is a west coast offense and doesn't fit this team. He's never played in the "Erhardt-Perkins" offense and his skill set doesn't match up well in it. Notice he went to a west coast offensive team.

He has more passes of 20+ yards than Drew Brees, Jay Cutler, Peyton Manning, Joe Flacco, Ben Roethlisberger, Tony Romo, Matt Ryan and Matt Schaub.
He is one of five QB's in the NFL to not throw an interception. And of those only he and Favre has not fumbled the ball yet.

So far it is 8th in yardage and 15th in points. I would like to point out that it is trending up and that if Prater makes his field goals we are ranked even higher.

First of all it's "plethora." Second of all, Shanahan left this mess for McDaniels to clean up: Horrid defense, horrid special teams, and an offense that was the worst at turning the ball over in the redzone in the league. Our defense and special team is way better and while I agree we are a work in progress, it is definitely in progress toward a well conditioned, smart, tough team. You can pine for the days of seeing Jamie Winborn grab a facemask on third and eighteen only breath life into a drive that would result in us getting embarrassed on national TV, or watching Jay Cutler roll out and throw picks into the Jets redzone on second down when we're leading. However I'll stick with the smart football team that comes prepared to face their opponent every week.

I think you really believe that's how things are, but you are wrong and making a lot of assumptions. You are just another of Denver's many fans who worship the QB position and are bitter you lost your "god" and now hate everything McDaniels does.

:nailedit:
:toiletflush:

Thnikkaman
09-23-2009, 12:25 PM

Got it.

First of all it's "plethora." Second of all, Shanahan left this mess for McDaniels to clean up: Horrid defense, horrid special teams, and an offense that was the worst at turning the ball over in the redzone in the league. Our defense and special team is way better and while I agree we are a work in progress, it is definitely in progress toward a well conditioned, smart, tough team. You can pine for the days of seeing Jamie Winborn grab a facemask on third and eighteen only breath life into a drive that would result in us getting embarrassed on national TV, or watching Jay Cutler roll out and throw picks into the Jets redzone on second down when we're leading. However I'll stick with the smart football team that comes prepared to face their opponent every week.

/thread

Lock it up mods.

LTC Pain
09-23-2009, 01:00 PM

Got it.

Kaylore pwns Superchop 7!!! :salute::listen::strongy::2thumbs::director::doh:: congrats::egg::yield::dead:

Lonestar
09-23-2009, 01:21 PM

Got it.

DING,

DING,

DING

We have a winner!!!!

claymore
09-23-2009, 01:25 PM
2 games folks.

Thnikkaman
09-23-2009, 01:35 PM
2 games folks.

Indeed. Good observation.

Sky is blue folks.
We need Oxygen to live folks.
Most humans walk on two feet folks.
etc...

claymore
09-23-2009, 01:40 PM
For the record.

Thanks for voicing your opinion. People here will bash it over and over, and argue against it with assumptions and opinions and regard them as fact. Hold strong.

If your right, you are right, If your wrong you can relish in a winning season and most likely a playoiff berth.

I hope we are both wrong.

Ravage!!!
09-23-2009, 01:53 PM
:laugh: gotta love how every "rah rah" post there is.. its /thread :lol:

Lonestar
09-23-2009, 01:54 PM
2 games folks.

hey I thought we would be 1-1 right now and 1-2 after OAK.. so I'm happy ..

why can't you be? did you expect us to be 0-2 now?

Dale Carnegie taught me in one of his classes .. "Better to be thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.."

Slick
09-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Yeah, take that, what he said...:rolleyes:

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Refute the post or salute it and move on.

claymore
09-23-2009, 01:56 PM
hey I thought we would be 1-1 right now and 1-2 after OAK.. so I'm happy ..

why can't you be? did you expect us to be 0-2 now?

Dale Carnegie taught me in one of his classes .. "Better to be thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.."

Yes I did! So I am happy. I just hate when a fan is left behind. This was a rough year for us, and it seems like everyone loves jumping on the guys that still dont believe.

T.K.O.
09-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Thanks for voicing your opinion. People here will bash it over and over, and argue against it with assumptions and opinions and regard them as fact. Hold strong.

If your right, you are right, If your wrong you can relish in a winning season and most likely a playoiff berth.

"Very soon the bottom is going to fall out people, "

this appears to be stated as "fact" ....why is it ok to make negative assumptions and state them as facts but when people come back with things like "our qb has a higher rating than 25 other qb's (which IS fact)they are getting too excited...its only 2 games?
actually i'm not in the mood for another cup 1/2 full.....1/2 empty arguement....nevermind.

claymore
09-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Yeah, take that, what he said...:rolleyes:

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Refute the post or salute it and move on.

/thread :D

claymore
09-23-2009, 02:00 PM
"Very soon the bottom is going to fall out people, "

this appears to be stated as "fact" ....why is it ok to make negative assumptions and state them as facts but when people come back with things like "our qb has a higher rating than 25 other qb's (which IS fact)they are getting too excited...its only 2 games?

He stated "Our QB play needs improvement". I think that is a fact.

We played 2 games agianst teams that are/were considered bottom feeders (non playoff teams King87). Cincinatti being the better of the 2. we bareley won the first game, and won the second one like we should have.

There is reason for excitement, but there is still reason for concern.

T.K.O.
09-23-2009, 02:11 PM
He stated "Our QB play needs improvement". I think that is a fact.

We played 2 games agianst teams that are/were considered bottom feeders (non playoff teams King87). Cincinatti being the better of the 2. we bareley won the first game, and won the second one like we should have.

There is reason for excitement, but there is still reason for concern.

i think everyone knows "our qb play needs improvement" (along with about 30 other teams...brees excluded)
so does our recieving,running attack,and most other positions on the team
that does not gaurentee that "the bottom is going to fall out"
and i have just as much right to say i think that's a load of crapola as anyone does to speak it as gospel.....
and i'm not saying my 10-6 prediction for the team is fact....just a fans perspective on a team that seems better prepared and more fired up than ive seen them in years !....good day to you ,sir:salute:

WARHORSE
09-23-2009, 02:14 PM

The thing is, if youre going to be 'frumpy' when we win and play well, what the heck are you going to do when we lose?

Seems to me like you could be spending your time doing something more productive...........like ______(insert hobby here)______.

The Broncos have played good, sound football to this point.

I for one am going to applaud the efforts of all the Broncos who strive towards spitting in the face of non believers while believing in themselves.

At this point, it seems like theyre all on board in the lockeroom.

That in and of itself is a tremendous victory considering what everyone is saying.

BRONCOS BABY!!!

Day1BroncoFan
09-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Some are waiting for the shoe to fall.

I am waiting for the shoe to lift.

I hope I am right and the rest are wrong.

The shoe hasn't fallen yet and it might not.

Kaylore
09-23-2009, 02:55 PM
2 games folks.

I don't see anyone booking Super Bowl or even playoff reservations yet. On the other hand if we were 0-2 you would be in here waving your finger telling us "I told you so." You can't have it both ways, Claymore. You keep saying yourself it's all about winning and we are and you still aren't happy.

If your wrong you can relish in a winning season and most likely a playoiff berth.

:lol: Oh no. You guys wish it was that simple, but it won't be. If we are better than the horrible team that you guys have insisted with absolutely 100% certainly we were going to be, you are going to get it, and there will be no end. After hearing in every thread and every post how everything McDaniels and Orton do is made of poo, from the draft ,to the play calling, to the trade, to starting Orton, to the suspension of Marshall; if you are wrong, do you honestly think everyone is going to just have a good laugh about it and walk away?

I've been posting on message boards many years. I've seen this happen before. Guys religiously defend their predictions to the point of fanaticism, and when they are proven wrong it gets ugly. It's why I always reserve judgment to be based on actual games (that matter) before I freak out. If you're wrong (and no offense but I hope you are, and ironically so do you) you aren't going to hear the end of it. No one will let you off that easily. Trust me. I personally will be content to revisit your predictions at the end of the year and let those speak for themselves. :doh:

T.K.O.
09-23-2009, 03:07 PM
"To err is human; to forgive is divine." - -- Alexander Pope

claymore
09-23-2009, 03:09 PM
The thing is, if youre going to be 'frumpy' when we win and play well, what the heck are you going to do when we lose?

Seems to me like you could be spending your time doing something more productive...........like ______(insert hobby here)______.

The Broncos have played good, sound football to this point.

I for one am going to applaud the efforts of all the Broncos who strive towards spitting in the face of non believers while believing in themselves.

At this point, it seems like theyre all on board in the lockeroom.

That in and of itself is a tremendous victory considering what everyone is saying.

BRONCOS BABY!!!

I don't see anyone booking Super Bowl or even playoff reservations yet. On the other hand if we were 0-2 you would be in here waving your finger telling us "I told you so." You can't have it both ways, Claymore. You keep saying yourself it's all about winning and we are and you still aren't happy.

:lol: Oh no. You guys wish it was that simple, but it won't be. If we are better than the horrible team that you guys have insisted with absolutely 100% certainly we were going to be, you are going to get it, and there will be no end. After hearing in every thread and every post how everything McDaniels and Orton do is made of poo, from the draft ,to the play calling, to the trade, to starting Orton, to the suspension of Marshall; if you are wrong, do you honestly think everyone is going to just have a good laugh about it and walk away?

I've been posting on message boards many years. I've seen this happen before. Guys religiously defend their predictions to the point of fanaticism, and when they are proven wrong it gets ugly. It's why I always reserve judgment to be based on actual games (that matter) before I freak out. If you're wrong (and no offense but I hope you are, and ironically so do you) you aren't going to hear the end of it. No one will let you off that easily. Trust me. I personally will be content to revisit your predictions at the end of the year and let those speak for themselves. :doh:

If we were 0-2 I wouldnt be here it all. I dont take Broncos losses very well. McD has given me something to be excited for.

So to say Im going to point my finger and say I told you so... Probably not going to happen.

I said we would win 3 games. So hopefully by the end of the Dallas game you can revisit that Kaylore.

I dont ever want the Broncos to do bad, Unfortunatley I love them.... Allot.... I hate the fact that poontang and Sports mean so gosh dang much to me, but they do. All they do is cost money, and dissapointment with the once in a while hell yeah.

T.K.O.
09-23-2009, 03:12 PM
. I hate the fact that poontang and Sports mean so gosh dang much to me, but they do. All they do is cost money, and dissapointment with the once in a while hell yeah.

hopefully one has given you a "hell yeah!" since 05':laugh:

Kaylore
09-23-2009, 03:13 PM
I appreciate your comments, Claymore. However I think I speak for everyone when I say no one wants to hear about you and "poontang." :look:

claymore
09-23-2009, 03:13 PM
hopefully one has given you a "hell yeah!" since 05':laugh:

Yeah, but it sure cost allot more!

Dortoh
09-23-2009, 03:21 PM

I can honestly say I hope to get it big time and hope to get thrown under the bus for my opinons of this offseason.......because that means my team is kicking ass and at the end of the day that is what its all about.

After 2 games it looks possible that I was way off the mark.........yet I'm not sold yet.

IMO the way you have defended McD and company you deserve to rub non-believers faces in it if you want assuming this season turns out well. That said we are a LONG way from knowing how this will turn out.

NightTrainLayne
09-23-2009, 03:24 PM
I can honestly say I hope to get it big time and hope to get thrown under the bus for my opinons of this offseason.......because that means my team is kicking ass and at the end of the day that is what its all about.

After 2 games it looks possible that I was way off the mark.........yet I'm not sold yet.

IMO the way you have defended McD and company you deserve to rub non-believers faces in it if you want assuming this season turns out well. That said we are a LONG way from knowing how this will turn out.

If I am right, I will only rub it in the face of two particular people.

Yes. . .you both know who you are. I hope you are both DREADING the crow STEW that I will be serving up. :laugh:

Everyone else, I will be very forgiving with. :D

Thnikkaman
09-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Yes I did! So I am happy. I just hate when a fan is left behind. This was a rough year for us, and it seems like everyone loves jumping on the guys that still dont believe.

That's the beauty of the 1st amendment. I can call him an ass and you can champion his cause.

As far as him being left behind, no. He isn't getting left behind. He is choosing to go in the other direction. You and I can both take the bashing of our opinions, it is fair that he does the same.

Kaylore
09-23-2009, 03:33 PM

Let's not re-imagine things. I've said from the beginning there were things I liked and that I didn't. The difference between me and you is that I said I wanted to see the team play first before I made a decision. You guys made up your mind about this team in March.

FWIW I think even when we play perfectly (which has yet to happen) eventually more talented teams will overwhelm us. I have also said repeatedly that McDaniels probably needs at least one more offseason of turnover to get things where he wants them to be. I am happy though because many of the things I hated most about this team are gone: Stupid plays, stupid players (Winborn), soft players, ugly special teams, Bob Slowick and his entire garbage defense, lack of defensive turnovers and an over-abundance of offensive turnovers. I want to see better redzone scoring - problem last season, and continue the trend of being tough to beat at home. We lost against some garbage teams at home last year and it's time we make it tough to play here again.

claymore
09-23-2009, 03:35 PM
That's the beauty of the 1st amendment. I can call him an ass and you can champion his cause.

As far as him being left behind, no. He isn't getting left behind. He is choosing to go in the other direction. You and I can both take the bashing of our opinions, it is fair that he does the same.

I just feel bad. I know how he feels. Regardless of the win loss columm this year, I do not think the Broncos handled things smoothly.

powderaddict
09-23-2009, 03:40 PM
I just feel bad. I know how he feels. Regardless of the win loss columm this year, I do not think the Broncos handled things smoothly.

Nor did many of their fans :salute:

claymore
09-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Nor did many of their fan :salute:

Yup It was a rough thing. I myself think/thought we traded our franchise away.

Slick
I thought Clay and Hotrod and a couple others were being insufferable douchebags during the off-season, but I never took that as them wishing us to fail.

Who gets pleasure in rubbing anyone's nose in something when they turn out to be wrong?

Wouldn't you rather give your dog a treat when he shits outside instead of swatting him on the ass when he shits on the carpet?

Dortoh
Let's not re-imagine things. I've said from the beginning there were things I liked and that I didn't. The difference between me and you is that I said I wanted to see the team play first before I made a decision. You guys made up your mind about this team in March.

FWIW I think even when we play perfectly (which has yet to happen) eventually more talented teams will overwhelm us. I have also said repeatedly that McDaniels probably needs at least one more offseason of turnover to get things where he wants them to be. I am happy though because many of the things I hated most about this team are gone: Stupid plays, stupid players (Winborn), soft players, ugly special teams, Bob Slowick and his entire garbage defense, lack of defensive turnovers and an over-abundance of offensive turnovers. I want to see better redzone scoring - problem last season, and continue the trend of being tough to beat at home. We lost against some garbage teams at home last year and it's time we make it tough to play here again.

I think that is more then fair to say. I guess it depends on if a person thinks its ok to talk about and predict about his/her team on a message board, at a local bar or with co-workers as the offseason drags on.

I just dont think there is anything wrong with trying to figure out the team and voice ones opinons as things happen. Sure if I were being asked to put $ on the team one way or the other it would be smart to wait until week 10 or so but to me thats not why I visit the boards. Its to voice my opinon and hear other opinons.

Again IMO nothing wrong with either way of doing things just personal opinons I guess.

As far as your list of of things that your happy to see gone. I agree 100% and hope they prove to still be gone once we hit better competition and face adversity as a team. I do think the type of personalitys and players McD has brought in so far make it quite likely this team will hand situations much better then in the past.

Dortoh
09-23-2009, 03:43 PM
I thought Clay and Hotrod and a couple others were being insufferable douchebags during the off-season, but I never took that as them wishing us to fail.

Who gets pleasure in rubbing anyone's nose in something when they turn out to be wrong?

Wouldn't you rather give your dog a treat when he shits outside instead of swatting him on the ass when he shits on the carpet?

Whoa there buddy just because the offseason is over doesnt take away my right to be an insufferable douchbag......just saying

WARHORSE
09-23-2009, 03:48 PM
One thing I can say for sure, it sure must suck when the team you say you love is winning and you cant enjoy it due to the fact that youre eating a crowcrap sandwich for predicting their demise.

No one is going to pass you a glass of water either.

Keep chewing.......it gets better.:D

claymore
09-23-2009, 03:50 PM
One thing I can say for sure, it sure must suck when the team you say you love is winning and you cant enjoy it due to the fact that youre eating a crowcrap sandwich for predicting their demise.

You were pretty unhappy about things for a time as well. I dont think I have seen anyone wish us to lose.

Dortoh
09-23-2009, 03:51 PM

Wow who is not enjoying the start of this season? That would infact suck

T.K.O.
09-23-2009, 03:54 PM

brutal....just plain brutal.... not just a crow sandwich but a.....:lol:

Northman
09-23-2009, 03:55 PM
The thing I don't get is how can fans still see anything negative thus far?

Two weeks into the season is the only thing to analyze and they have looked good. At the very least, exceeded expectations. Granted the wins were against the Bengals and Browns.

But c'mon. The way the defense has played. MUCH more aggressive than last season. Constant pressure on the QB and MUCH better man coverage. The zone defense is kind of iffy, but still.

And yes, the offense is shaky but has shown flashes. The Broncos offense haven't turned the ball over, which is a great thing. The less turnovers=less amount of other team's possessions. Orton may not have Herculean arm strength, but he is not passing to the other team. He is poised and confident in his throws. And yes, the running game does need work as well. But remember, there is less ZBS and more man. There is still no question that the Broncos o-line is the best in the league. The running game WILL get going throughout the season.

Face it. This is a brand new system, new scheme, new personnel, new players, etc. And for the Broncos to be 2-0 and show signs of mass improvement, I'll take that ANY DAMN DAY. Be happy with it. The Broncos hit are hitting the storm of their schedule after Oakland. And with the way DAL, PIT, and SD are playing, the Broncos CAN beat them.

Hell, what if the Broncos do beat DAL, PIT, and SD. What can the pessimists say now? What 'end-of-the-world' remark can be said if the Broncos beat those teams? A win against any of those teams will show improvement from last years atrocious breakdown.

There is light at the end of the tunnel folks. We may not get there at the speed of sound, but we'll get there.

Post of the year. End thread, close up shop.

Kaylore
09-23-2009, 03:56 PM
I think that is more then fair to say. I guess it depends on if a person thinks its ok to talk about and predict about his/her team on a message board, at a local bar or with co-workers as the offseason drags on.

I just dont think there is anything wrong with trying to figure out the team and voice ones opinons as things happen. Sure if I were being asked to put $ on the team one way or the other it would be smart to wait until week 10 or so but to me thats not why I visit the boards. Its to voice my opinon and hear other opinons.

Again IMO nothing wrong with either way of doing things just personal opinons I guess.

As far as your list of of things that your happy to see gone. I agree 100% and hope they prove to still be gone once we hit better competition and face adversity as a team. I do think the type of personalitys and players McD has brought in so far make it quite likely this team will hand situations much better then in the past.

You guys keep saying that, but this is more than general sports banter. I think predictions are fine. I think guessing who will play well or poorly at the beginning of the season is ok too. My problem is that this was much more than casual pre-season predictions between fans. This was the QB being traded and then suddenly "everything" was worse somehow and the coach was the anti-christ. Then not only were we "destined to be horrible" but people were emotionally furious about it like it was a foregone conclusion! I mean it was like everyone and their mom forgot you have to play the games! You guys ripped on everything the coach did and then when challenged for being a hater you guys hide behind that lame "What?! A guy can't have an opinion about his team? Like a fan has to like everything?!?!?" excuse.

No, a fan doesn't have to "like everything", but I don't think good fans hate on everything, especially if they haven't seen if it even freaking works or not yet. And yes, people predicting 12-4 seasons this early, are just as ridiculous. But really there are fewer of those than there are people predicting doom. Yes, Hotrod, you can hope for things and try and predict what you think is going to happen, but getting emotionally upset about something that hasn't happen yet is irrationally stupid at worst, and a waste of time at best.

Northman
09-23-2009, 03:59 PM
2 games folks.

And im happy, not depressed or sad like said thread starter. :coffee:

Dortoh
09-23-2009, 04:03 PM
You guys keep saying that, but this is more than general sports banter. I think predictions are fine. I think guessing who will play well or poorly at the beginning of the season is ok too. My problem is that this was much more than casual pre-season predictions between fans. This was the QB being traded and then suddenly "everything" was worse somehow and the coach was the anti-christ. Then not only were we "destined to be horrible" but people were emotionally furious about it like it was a foregone conclusion! I mean it was like everyone and their mom forgot you have to play the games! You guys ripped on everything the coach did and then when challenged for being a hater you guys hide behind that lame "What?! A guy can't have an opinion about his team? Like a fan has to like everything?!?!?" excuse.

No, a fan doesn't have to "like everything", but I don't think good fans hate on everything, especially if they haven't seen if it even freaking works or not yet. And yes, people predicting 12-4 seasons this early, are just as ridiculous. But really there are fewer of those than there are people predicting doom. Yes, Hotrod, you can hope for things and try and predict what you think is going to happen, but getting emotionally upset about something that hasn't happen yet is irrationally stupid at worst, and a waste of time at best.

I love you :smack::dance:

Slick
09-23-2009, 04:06 PM
I love you :smack::dance:

Kaylore's good isn't he? We're lucky to have him.

LRtagger
09-23-2009, 04:07 PM
I can't wait to see the threads at the end of the season when we finish better than 4-12 or 5-11.

How are your Bears doing?

Wait, wat?

I know its tough to keep up with every poster's perspective, but I am a McDaniels and Orton supporter.

My point was if this is how threads are after we win two games, I can't wait to see how they are after we lose a couple.

Northman
09-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Wait, wat?

I know its tough to keep up with every poster's perspective, but I am a McDaniels and Orton supporter.

My point was if this is how threads are after we win two games, I can't wait to see how they are after we lose a couple.

Funny how Slick brought up the "who really likes to rub someone's nose in it" point. If we lose a couple of games believe me, the trolls who are crying now will be spamming the shit out of the board saying "i told you so". They are just lying in wait. :lol:

Slick
09-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Wait, wat?

Pretty sad when you have to identify yourself as a supporter of this or that. I guess it's not enough to just be a Bronco fan.

Slick
09-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Funny how Slick brought up the "who really likes to rub someone's nose in it" point. If we lose a couple of games believe me, the trolls who are crying now will be spamming the shit out of the board saying "i told you so". They are just lying in wait. :lol:

who? Nature Boi? He's the only tool that would relish in that. I seriously doubt Clay, Hotrod, Link, or anyone else who's questioned moves openly would come here and do that.

Northman
09-23-2009, 04:14 PM
who? Nature Boi? He's the only tool that would relish in that. I seriously doubt Clay, Hotrod, Link, or anyone else who's questioned moves openly would come here and do that.

I know Hotrod wouldnt. But there is easily 3-4 guys i COULD name that would do it. But why spoil the fun? Its going to happen at some point in this season. When it does will you be there to straighten them out? I hope so. :lol:

Dortoh
09-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Kaylore's good isn't he? We're lucky to have him.

I've know Kaylore for along time and yes this site is very lucky to have him. We dont agree alot but he knows his shit and is without a doubt a great Bronco fan.

Northman
09-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Khan is da man. Simply put.

Slick
09-23-2009, 04:16 PM
I know Hotrod wouldnt. But there is easily 3-4 guys i COULD name that would do it. But why spoil the fun? Its going to happen at some point in this season. When it does will you be there to straighten them out? I hope so. :lol:

Nah, I'll just go read another thread. It really doesn't bother me that much.

WARHORSE
09-23-2009, 04:18 PM
You were pretty unhappy about things for a time as well. I dont think I have seen anyone wish us to lose.

Sure I was, but once Cutler was in another jersey, it was over.

Done.

I love the Broncos, and once the jersey color changes, life goes on.

Other than that, I have loved what Im hearing, seeing from McD.

And I never predict a Broncos loss, nor a bad season.......ever.

Im not trying to put you down, I just find it an unflattering position to be in........having been there a time or two myself, for different reasons. :D

WARHORSE
09-23-2009, 04:23 PM

Whew!

Must smell bad at times in there.

That must be some perspective indeed, and youre right on top of things.

;)

Thnikkaman
09-23-2009, 04:25 PM

I don't know if there was a way to handle things smoothly to be honest. I don't know that if I was in McDaniel's position how I would have handled the situation, and frankly its an argument that has been dredged up here many times.

Right now we are 2-0 against teams that have had similar fates as ours projected (aka bad seasons). We handled the Browns better than the Vikings did. We beat the Bengals, a team that the Packers lost to. Those two facts make me feel good about this team. Hell yes I'm going to be disappointed if we get blown out by the raiders. But I don't need to do that before it is warranted.

Any given Sunday, any team can win. I go into my Sunday's thinking that rather than thinking our team is absolute shite.

Thnikkaman
09-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Wait, wat?

Sorry. I get people confused when they have similar avatars. I saw girl in bikini and thought superchop.

Dortoh
09-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Sorry. I get people confused when they have similar avatars. I saw girl in bikini and thought superchop.

http://slicedbreadtwo.com/images/uploads/thats_racist.gif

pnbronco
09-23-2009, 05:52 PM

You know it was just a really tough off season. A lot of things happened one after another. Once camp started and I could see the good that going on there I tried to share that info and got cut down a lot for being too Miss Sunshine and that was the nice comments.

For the first time in years I saw a "team" coming together and working like one. Of course they are going to have a tough year, that schedule is brutal. More than once I was ready to leave the board for good because all the angry comments and just plain nasty posts. I come here for fun and to share info about my favorite team with other fans.

The one thing I will say is that I see respect back in the way the players speak about each other and Coach McD. IMO Coach McD done a amazing job so far given what a mess everything was just 6 weeks ago. So since it is Raider Week.....GO BRONCOS!!!!

T.K.O.
09-23-2009, 06:45 PM
You know it was just a really tough off season. A lot of things happened one after another. Once camp started and I could see the good that going on there I tried to share that info and got cut down a lot for being too Miss Sunshine and that was the nice comments.

For the first time in years I saw a "team" coming together and working like one. Of course they are going to have a tough year, that schedule is brutal. More than once I was ready to leave the board for good because all the angry comments and just plain nasty posts. I come here for fun and to share info about my favorite team with other fans.

The one thing I will say is that I see respect back in the way the players speak about each other and Coach McD. IMO Coach McD done a amazing job so far given what a mess everything was just 6 weeks ago. So since it is Raider Week.....GO BRONCOS!!!!

just like the team ....dont let the negative nelly's get you down....we need your posts and i for one find them to be some of the best reading on the board.
i really appreciate the info you bring.
most of the posters i see are staying positive and starting to believe the rebuilding process wont be as lengthy or as painful as first thought.
hell we might already be a better team than we were last year.remember the squeaky wheel...thing well some posters are just squeaky wheels.
just do what dawkins does...."Honestly, it didn't matter," said Dawkins, when asked about the preseason public perception of the team. "It doesn't matter what, outside this locker room, they're saying about this team. We make our own reality in work, the way we practice, the way we prepare, and the way we play on game day. So people can continue to talk about us in the negative. That's fine. We don't believe in that.":salute:

LRtagger
09-23-2009, 06:47 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I appreciated your camp reports and input :beer:

Lonestar
09-23-2009, 06:52 PM

good post but let me add Jason Elam saved alot of bacon in his career here and mostly because of redzone failures.. the past 5-7 years or so almost every post season me a culpa we got, was we failed in the red zone and we are 1 or 2 players away from the promised land..

the rest of your post was spot on..:salute:

Lonestar
09-23-2009, 07:06 PM

I would miss having you around, so talk to me before you do something like that..

we can start banning those folks that bother you..:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I really enjoyed your camp reports and while I was not there from those and some other reports I also saw "team" building everything I have heard from Josh has been about making the TEAM stronger..

and from what I have seen so far in the games I have seen we are a better TEAM than last year..

pnbronco
09-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Thanks guys. I just hope that posters remember that there are a lot of different posters here, all ages and both male and female. I get my feeling hurt too easy and I know that. I didn't leave because I care about many of you.

We are all Bronco fans and that's all that matters. I don't even go to the main site anymore because I get all the latest info from all of you. Again thanks for the kind words, I have had a really stressful week and those kind words are going a long way....:D

Kaylore
09-23-2009, 11:21 PM
I've know Kaylore for along time and yes this site is very lucky to have him. We dont agree alot but he knows his shit and is without a doubt a great Bronco fan.

I wouldn't say we don't agree a lot. You're my favorite poster in the War and Religion page purely for the crap you start. And watching you rip on the Chief Raider fans is worth a good thirty minutes of my day, every day. I think lately on the state of the team we haven't agreed, but that is one topic, though probably a more talked about one.

topscribe
09-23-2009, 11:33 PM
I wouldn't say we don't agree a lot. You're my favorite poster in the War and Religion page purely for the crap you start. And watching you rip on the Chief Raider fans is worth a good thirty minutes of my day, every day. I think lately on the state of the team we haven't agreed, but that is one topic, though probably a more talked about one.

Well, just think . . . if Hotrod knew what he was talking about, you would agree all the time. Now, that would be boring . . .

*is that Hotrod coming now? Um . . . forgot something . . . gotta go* :vroam:

-----

Simple Jaded
09-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Nah, you're right, those wins don't count.

My bad.

We just won a game 27-6...there have been 32 games in the NFL thus far. Four have been won by 21 or more.

Enjoy it.

I never said anything about not enjoying the win or the wins not counting, you said Orton (by himself) extends drives, I was just wondering what makes you say that.......I think it's cause you want to believe that Orton has played better than he really has, which is fine, that is what real fans do, trolls don't have that burden.......

yeah points shouldnt count if they dont require at least 10 plays....the league had better look into a "rule change" on this.....:mad:
and whats with "noodle arm" being 3rd in the league with passing plays over 25 yds....thats bull.....he cant even throw the ball 25 yds:confused:

I never said anything like, way to twist it into something that you think justifies your ridiculous indignation, MB was specifically talking about Orton's ability to extend drives, which makes one wonder what MB considers an extended drive.

And before we pimp Orton's 25+ yds rank, I wonder if we should check out where the Denver receivers rank in yac, I wonder if any of those 25+ pass plays even traveled 15 yds in the air past the LOS, his two longest plays against Cleveland were catch-and-runs by Stokley and Gaffney (same with the Bengals game), Gaffney's was a 10 yard out, IIRC, and Stokley's was a slant about 7-8 yards past the LOS.

Before we pimp statistics we need to understand them first, or at least understand that not everybody accepts them at face value, just because he's 3rd in the league it doesn't mean he's getting that ranking on vertical plays by virtue of his arm strength, yards after catch just might have a lot more to do with it than some are willing to consider.

It's the same thing as saying he has such good arm strength because he over-throws Eddie Royal, this may just be because Orton's timing and accuracy is as average as his arm strength.......

Denver Native (Carol)
09-25-2009, 06:04 PM
I never said anything about not enjoying the win or the wins not counting, you said Orton (by himself) extends drives, I was just wondering what makes you say that.......I think it's cause you want to believe that Orton has played better than he really has, which is fine, that is what real fans do, trolls don't have that burden.......

I never said anything like, way to twist it into something that you think justifies your ridiculous indignation, MB was specifically talking about Orton's ability to extend drives, which makes one wonder what MB considers an extended drive.

And before we pimp Orton's 25+ yds rank, I wonder if we should check out where the Denver receivers rank in yac, I wonder if any of those 25+ pass plays even traveled 15 yds in the air past the LOS, his two longest plays against Cleveland were catch-and-runs by Stokley and Gaffney (same with the Bengals game), Gaffney's was a 10 yard out, IIRC, and Stokley's was a slant about 7-8 yards past the LOS.

Before we pimp statistics we need to understand them first, or at least understand that not everybody accepts them at face value, just because he's 3rd in the league it doesn't mean he's getting that ranking on vertical plays by virtue of his arm strength, yards after catch just might have a lot more to do with it than some are willing to consider.

It's the same thing as saying he has such good arm strength because he over-throws Eddie Royal, this may just be because Orton's timing and accuracy is as average as his arm strength.......

Maybe we need to go back and check how many 5 yard passes Montana threw to Rice, who than ran 80 yards for a TD

Simple Jaded
09-25-2009, 06:18 PM
Maybe we need to go back and check how many 5 yard passes Montana threw to Rice, who than ran 80 yards for a TD

Maybe we should, that might put the entire 49er offense into perspective, the problem with that is, the Broncos receivers are a hell of a lot closer to Rice than Orton is to Montana.......

Denver Native (Carol)
09-25-2009, 06:39 PM
After 2 games - Orton ranks 11th, with a QB rating of 90.9, and Cutler ranks 26th, with a QB rating of 71.5

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byposition

There are some who would find fault with Orton if the Broncos went undefeated and won the SB :tsk:

claymore
09-25-2009, 06:45 PM
After 2 games - Orton ranks 11th, with a QB rating of 90.9, and Cutler ranks 26th, with a QB rating of 71.5

There are some who would find fault with Orton if the Broncos went undefeated and won the SB :tsk:

Same goes for Cutler. :tsk:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Same goes for Cutler. :tsk:

I could care less about him - he's not the QB of my team

Lancane
09-27-2009, 10:05 AM

Carol, Orton may have a 90.9 rating and only because he has zero interceptions, that is all. His completion percentage is horrid, especially for someone in a ball controlled offense like the 'Spread'. Cutler has a better completion percentage, heck even Cassell has a better percentage then Orton, who is barely over 50%, I believe it is 55.4 or near that. Quarterback rating is highly overrated because it can be deceptive. In a spread offense, usually the quarterbacks hold a steady 70.0 something completion percentage. Of course the only two successful quarterbacks in the Pro-Spread in the NFL are Warner and Brady!

Only one quarterback has won a championship in a spread offense, that would be Tom Brady, most other Pro-Spread teams have failed, give Arizona and it took HOF-esque quarterbacks to really make a difference with the scheme.

rcsodak
09-27-2009, 11:00 AM
For the record.

And we care, because????????

Many link your "being honest" to your "being negative". Just because they're in different hands, doesn't dilute the fact that they both belong to the same body.

And what the hell is "pluthera"? Something to do with afterbirth? :coffee:

Superchop 7
01-17-2011, 01:14 AM
And to think.....we are all back together again.