PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 Power Rankings

CoachChaz
09-22-2009, 12:04 PM
32. Detroit (0-2) – They LOOK better…just haven’t put up the win yet

31. St. Louis (0-2) – And there were fans that wanted Spags to coach Denver?

30. Cleveland (0-2) – Not sure what to say. They all look like they’ve never played before

29. Tampa Bay (0-2) – Only Detroit has given up more points in 2 games.

28. Kansas City (0-2) – Losing to the Raiders cant be a good sign.

27. Oakland (1-1) – How many wins can they expect with Russell at QB?

26. Jacksonville (0-2) - Underachievers still underachieving

25. Miami (0-2) - Last year was an aberration.

24. Washington (1-1) – Will the offense score?

23. Carolina (0-2) – Delhomme’s elbow is cooked and teams will not fear the passing game

22. Cincinnati (1-1) – Showed they have the talent to play well. How often will it show up?

21. Seattle (1-1) – Lost a big opportunity to gain an advantage in the NFC West

20. Houston (1-1) – not a bad team when they play to their potential

19. Buffalo (1-1) – Looked good this week…still not good enough

18. Arizona (1-1) – Still no better than a .500 team

17. Green Bay (1-1) – Will Aaron Rodgers please step up and win a game for his team?

16. San Francisco (2-0) – If Gore can run 30 times every game, they’ll be fine. Took a big jump in winning 2 division games already

15. Denver (2-0) – Starting like they should have…we’ll see what happens from 10/4 through 11/26.

14. Dallas (1-1) – Dallas will NEVER win a big game with Romo under center

13. Tennessee (0-2) – Not a good start for a team predicted to make the playoffs. They'll still win more than they lose

12. Chicago (1-1) – Cutler rebounded after a miserable first week and Reed gave him 2 gifts.

11. New England (1-1) – Not the same NE team from the past 10 years. Dominance looks to be over

10. Indianapolis (2-0) – Not winning impressively, but still winning.

9. San Diego (1-1) – Rivers could only do so much…just want enough.

8. Baltimore (2-0) – Looking better than I gave them credit for. Flacco looks like a 5 year vet

7. Atlanta (2-0) – The schedule doesn’t get any easier

6. New Orleans (2-0) – Defenses beware.

5. NY Jets (2-0) – Ryan has this team believing and making believers of fans.

4. Pittsburgh (1-1) – A lot of bad breaks cost them the Chicago game. They’ll rebound nicely though

3. Philadelphia (1-1) – Turnovers killed them in the end and the defense couldn’t adjust.

2. NY Giants (2-0) – WR’s are stepping up and the team does what it needs to win

1. Minnesota (2-0) – Not dominating anyone yet, but they really haven’t had to.

Slick
09-22-2009, 12:08 PM
I can't say enough about that Jets team. I'm getting dish network from NY in this new apartment, and after seeing both of their games. Wow, I'm impressed.

claymore
09-22-2009, 12:09 PM
31. St. Louis (0-2) – And there were fans that wanted Spags to coach Denver?

30. Cleveland (0-2) – Not sure what to say. They all look like they’ve never played before

29. Tampa Bay (0-2) – Only Detroit has given up more points in 2 games.

Id still rather have Spags than raheem Morris. I feel bad for these guys down here. RM HC and Jim Bates DC.

Poet
09-22-2009, 12:17 PM
How can Cincinnati be that low? I'm not going to use the fluke play should be 2-0 argument, but if you watched the Cincy Green Bay game you would have seen the packers get crushed.

I think they should be where Buffalo is.

To me the Giants are the best team in the NFL right now. They've played against harder competition than the Vikings have.

claymore
09-22-2009, 12:19 PM
How can Cincinnati be that low? I'm not going to use the fluke play should be 2-0 argument, but if you watched the Cincy Green Bay game you would have seen the packers get crushed.

To me the Giants are the best team in the NFL right now. They've played against harder competition than the Vikings have.

Dont you dare come in here with an attitude.

Thnikkaman
09-22-2009, 12:19 PM
I think you have Minnesota, Philly and Pittsburgh a little too High. I'd put N.O. and the Jets ahead of them. Denver is spot on as well as Oakland.

Good job as usual. :salute:

Poet
09-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Dont you dare come in here with an attitude.

Bitch I'm still on the Broncosforums staff.

claymore
09-22-2009, 12:22 PM
Bitch I'm still on the Broncosforums staff.

You got some mayo on your cheek.

topscribe
09-22-2009, 12:23 PM

If anything, Cincy should be where SF is, IMO. They fought Denver toe-to-toe,
so I would not place them seven spots below Denver, especially after their
showing against GB, as you mentioned.

Of course, that is just my opinion, FWIW . . .

-----

Slick
09-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Dr. Z's got nothing on Coach. Thanks man. I enjoyed these last year as well.

Poet
09-22-2009, 12:27 PM
If anything, Cincy should be where SF is, IMO. They fought Denver toe-to-toe,
so I would not place them seven spots below Denver, especially after their
showing against GB, as you mentioned.

Of course, that is just my opinion, FWIW . . .

-----

I agree. I mean where they are isn't unreasonable. Cincinnati benefitted from the Packers LT getting hurt (odom had two sacks at that point), a few drops from Jennings, and a ball that bounced our way from OUR fumble for a first down.

That being said we also gave Green two free TDs from uncharacteristically bad throws from Palmer.

I also think that Oakland should be ranked -45th.

Dortoh
09-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Ratbirds are #1 on my list. They are going to destroy everyone in their path this year.

underrated29
09-22-2009, 12:30 PM
I dont know why people keep putting Miami so high. They are not good at all, exactly like you said. I think ATL also drops like a rock. Not down to the lower half of teams, but there schedule is a toughy.

As for the rankings, i wouldnt yet put us that high, or atleast above GB. I kinda feel that us, GB and Cincy, will all push hard.

The rest looks good for time of the year.

For the record, i got laughed at when i took the jets DST in Fantasy over the giants and ravens. I am still not sold on their offense, but defenses win championships.

Also i agree about the raves, they look really good right now, Awesome D, and Solid Offense, that is getting even better.

NightTrainLayne
09-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Coach's #2 team resides in Pennsylvania. . . That's why Cinci is rated so low. ;) It's Anti-Ohio bias.

Just kidding Coach.

Poet
09-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Ratbirds are #1 on my list. They are going to destroy everyone in their path this year.

They're going to split with Cincinnati and at best will split with Pittsburgh.

Asian Sushi 7
09-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Good ranking Coach.

Sushi think that Cleveland not bad as you say. Brady Quinn not play too good.........very very awkward.

ROR

Dortoh
09-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Wait a second can I get a ruling here.

Is it really a personal attack if true?

Ok I'm leaving now :)

Dreadnought
09-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Mostly I agree, with my only big difference being that I am totally unsold on Minnesota. They have played 2 of the 3 feeblest teams in the NFL so far and had to work up a sweat putting both away. Not struggled mind you, but both the Browns and Lions gave them a fight for a while

For 1 and 2 I'd go Ratbirds and New Orleans. And the Rams may actually suck worse than the Lions

Slick
09-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Who the eff are the ratbirds?

Day1BroncoFan
09-22-2009, 01:54 PM
Ravens I believe.

Slick
09-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Ravens I believe.

Oh, okay. I missed that moniker somewhere along the line. Had someone said, The Edgar Allen Poes,I could have figured it out. There's a boat load of teams that have bird affiliations.

Dreadnought
09-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Oh, okay. I missed that moniker somewhere along the line. Had someone said, The Edgar Allen Poes,I could have figured it out. There's a boat load of teams that have bird affiliations.

But only one that goes by that of the filthy disgusting Ratbird, or Raven. You know them, Jet Black shiny birds - they are often seen by the side of the road dining on flattened putrified Possums and gophers.

NightTrainLayne
09-22-2009, 02:30 PM
But only one that goes by that of the filthy disgusting Ratbird, or Raven. You know them, Jet Black shiny birds - they are often seen by the side of the road dining on flattened putrified Possums and gophers.

Hey now! O'Possum's are some good eats. Just ask Clay about O'Possum gravy.

claymore
09-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Hey now! O'Possum's are some good eats. Just ask Clay about O'Possum gravy.

Opossum gravy is my worst case economy plan. :werd:

Dreadnought
09-22-2009, 02:44 PM
Opossum gravy is my worst case economy plan. :werd:

Well here ya go then.

http://www.recipesforwildgame.com/opossum/opossum_recipes.htm

Back to the main point, New Orleans is the biggest wildcard to me. Sometime the super high octane offensive teams are the toughest to get a true read on. See 2008 Denver after 3 games if you have any questions :lol:

Slick
09-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Well here ya go then.

http://www.recipesforwildgame.com/opossum/opossum_recipes.htm

Back to the main point, New Orleans is the biggest wildcard to me. Sometime the super high octance offensive teams are the toughest to get a true read on. See 2008 Denver after 3 games if you have any questions :lol:

A buddy of mine from Monroe, La, was telling me that Mike Bell has been playing lights out for them, started in the pre-season. I agree, they're the wild card. If they get anything out of their defense, they'll be tough to deal with.

Dreadnought
09-22-2009, 02:52 PM
I watched them destroy the Eagles, and Bell looked great until hurt. The Saints D? Well they gave up a ton of yards to Kevin Kolb, but picked him 3 times. They only have to be adequate for that team to win the NFC.

CoachChaz
09-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Keep in mind, my power rankings are kind of a combination of where teams are now and where we can currently project them to be down the road. This is just where I see them at the moment. if you notice...it's changed quite a bit from my pre-season rankings and will most likely change at least a little bit every week from here until the Super Bowl. If any of us could predict all this right now...we'd have alot more money in our pockets.

Medford Bronco
09-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Dr. Z's got nothing on Coach. Thanks man. I enjoyed these last year as well.

Dr Z is a moron :lol:

Medford Bronco
09-22-2009, 03:20 PM
I watched them destroy the Eagles, and Bell looked great until hurt. The Saints D? Well they gave up a ton of yards to Kevin Kolb, but picked him 3 times. They only have to be adequate for that team to win the NFC.

I have to agree with you Dread. I am impressed with NO so far
and if their defense is just adequate they have a great shot at the NFC.

Kind of like the 97 and 98 Broncos. Great O and adequate D that created turnovers.

Dreadnought
09-22-2009, 03:46 PM
I have to agree with you Dread. I am impressed with NO so far
and if their defense is just adequate they have a great shot at the NFC.

Kind of like the 97 and 98 Broncos. Great O and adequate D that created turnovers.

'99 Rams works as a model too. I think that the old truisms that Championship teams must have strong running games or great defenses or Franchise QB's or what have you are simplistic and wrong. There have been an interesting assortment of philosophies over the past few Years that have been successful. Last year's Steelers had a crap O-line. 2000 Ratbirds had a crap QB. 2001, 03, 04 Patriots were not top notch running teams. 2006 Colts had a dismal run defense, and so on. There isn't one perfect formula

BroncoBJ
09-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Before the season started I predicted the Vikings and Jags to have the 2 best records. :lol:
The Jags really havn't played as I thought they would. :lol:

But I agree, the Vikings are balanced at every position across the field. But I'm not sure if they belong #1.

I agree with Denver being right in the middle of the pack. But what I dont' get from most people is that they talk about how impressive the Vikings are looking and how great they will be. But when they talk about us, they say that we havn't played anyone good and our 2-0 start is a fluke.

But the Vikings beat the Browns and Lions and thier a great team? :lol:
oh well. :elefant:

claymore
09-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Before the season started I predicted the Vikings and Jags to have the 2 best records. :lol:
The Jags really havn't played as I thought they would. :lol:

But I agree, the Vikings are balanced at every position across the field. But I'm not sure if they belong #1.

I agree with Denver being right in the middle of the pack. But what I dont' get from most people is that they talk about how impressive the Vikings are looking and how great they will be. But when they talk about us, they say that we havn't played anyone good and our 2-0 start is a fluke.

But the Vikings beat the Browns and Lions and thier a great team? :lol:
oh well. :elefant:

I think we have a better QB than the vikings too. :baghead:

Thnikkaman
09-22-2009, 03:54 PM
I think we have a better QB than the vikings too. :baghead:

Whoa!!!

Clamore_Respect++;

Poet
09-22-2009, 04:11 PM
'99 Rams works as a model too. I think that the old truisms that Championship teams must have strong running games or great defenses or Franchise QB's or what have you are simplistic and wrong. There have been an interesting assortment of philosophies over the past few Years that have been successful. Last year's Steelers had a crap O-line. 2000 Ratbirds had a crap QB. 2001, 03, 04 Patriots were not top notch running teams. 2006 Colts had a dismal run defense, and so on. There isn't one perfect formula

The Rams had a defense that was in the top ten in all major defensive categories. They could do anything on offense - that included run the ball with Marshall Faulk at will.

It's a strong general guideline. There are a few exceptions, but that's the general rule. Hell, even the Peyton Manning lead Colts didn't win the Superbowl until their defense woke up in the playoffs and played their asses off.

ursamajor
09-22-2009, 11:31 PM

Hehe I hope they are the 1st team that the Bears face in the playoffs. Bears own the Brees lead Aints.

T.K.O.
09-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Hehe I hope they are the 1st team that the Bears face in the playoffs. Bears own the Brees lead Aints.

uhhh.....i could almost see your hands tremble when you punched the keys on that little jewell.....the bears had better get ALOT better if they want any part of a team playing like the saints are right now.
i mean they look like the 99' rams and its only week 2.
jay cutler will be ok at qb but teams that put up 30-50 points are not his specialty;)

ursamajor
09-28-2009, 08:09 AM
uhhh.....i could almost see your hands tremble when you punched the keys on that little jewell.....the bears had better get ALOT better if they want any part of a team playing like the saints are right now.
i mean they look like the 99' rams and its only week 2.
jay cutler will be ok at qb but teams that put up 30-50 points are not his specialty;)

Hands are steady. Brees is Brees. Lovie knows his kryptonite.