PDA

View Full Version : Cris Carter ?

frenchfan
12-06-2007, 07:47 AM
Well,

I've seen this on Yahoo!Sports/Cris Carter Mailbag :

Question :
"Why do the Denver Broncos have a losing record this year? Is this a rebuilding year and has Mike Shanahan taken on too much responsibility as both (VP of football operations) and coach?"
Russell Harrist
Denver

Cris' answer :
When you look at the National Football League during free agency, there aren't many guys who have succeeded in handling both the coaching and head of football operations responsibilities, and I think Shanahan is starting to tarnish his image. There's just too much detail that goes into both of those jobs for one guy to handle them successively.

The other thing really hurting the Broncos is the play of quarterback Jay Cutler. On some plays he makes great throws but on others it looks as if he's never played football. However, that's the reality of having a young quarterback. They're going to make some mistakes, so you have to be patient.

He was a great WR, but IMO he sucks... and he certainly has not watched Broncos games... If so, he would talk about D and special teams a lot more to explain Broncos struggle.
I know Jay is far from being perfect but IMO he's a good story of this year.

What do you think about Cris comments?
Do you believe like him that one reason of our bad season is about Jay?

:salute:

SR
12-06-2007, 08:04 AM
I think that's the most rediculous, uneducated comment I've heard about the Broncos all year. I agree about Shanahan, but as soon as he said that bit about Cutler I just discredited the whole article. What an idiot.

Nick
12-06-2007, 12:14 PM
All of his comments are bad... I can't stand listening to him on HBO

underrated29
12-06-2007, 12:23 PM
i saw him on...maybe the PFW football show, and they were discussing the trade of eli manning. They went on to say if you were the giants and you could trade eli, would you trade him for...and they listed some names like, rivers,rothlisbereger, and i think leinahrt, anyway carter said yes to all.

then they said cutler, and he immediatly said NO! followed by he hasnt done anything.

I like carter as a player, and maybe a role model, but as a talent evaluator/scout he is by far the most idiotic in his field.

Skinny
12-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Defensively we're ranked damn near last in about every major catagory (except Pass Defense) in the League lone enough the AFC. Our #1 reason for the losing record. Cutler's name should'nt even be mentioned ... his play has been above average IMO.

Just like Chrissy to throw the Q.B. under the bus ...

Astrass
12-06-2007, 12:47 PM
he followed up with:

However, that's the reality of having a young quarterback. They're going to make some mistakes, so you have to be patient.

which is correct. But I don't feel Jay's play is the main thing hurting us.

Lonestar
12-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Chris Carter is the cousin of the loser CB we brought in ultimately cut and sued to get back bonus money. Dale carter I think it was. It was bad move on mikeys part form the get go and Chris has never had anything good to say about DEN I suspect because of how his nimrod cousin was handled.

That said I agree 1500% on mikeys blotching of personnel matters..

Nomad
12-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Everything he said is true IMO, I'm not that much of a homer or that bias to realize this especially what he says about Shanahan! But he can't lay the blame soley on Cutler. It's the team as a whole who's been mediocre but Cutler sometimes makes Plummer look like a genius. Again he's a young QB so I expect the mistakes he'll make.

LoyalSoldier
12-06-2007, 01:02 PM
HA! Cutler's play in one of the few things that has been winning games for us.

Watchthemiddle
12-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Thats such a cop out type of answer by him. Thats the easy I have not really followed the Broncos much or watched them play they have a young QB answer.

Of course anyone who has not followed us will hang the woes on a young QB because thats easy. Little does he know, that Cutler has been one of the only bright spots this season.

omac
12-06-2007, 04:05 PM
In the Yahoo League weekly FF videos, the his picks and advice are the most boring, safe, general consensus ones. I don't recall him making a pick that goes against the grain. Of all the analysts there, his opinions are one of the least valuable, as well as least entertaining.

lex
12-06-2007, 08:34 PM
In the Yahoo League weekly FF videos, the his picks and advice are the most boring, safe, general consensus ones. I don't recall him making a pick that goes against the grain. Of all the analysts there, his opinions are one of the least valuable, as well as least entertaining.

Have you ever read Troy Aikmans crap in TSI? He is a bigger play it safe cheesedick than Cris Carter. I especially liked how Aikman a month or so into the season boldly went out on a limb and said Adrian Peterson is this years best rookie. No **** concussion face!

Hawgdriver
12-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Well,

I've seen this on Yahoo!Sports/Cris Carter Mailbag :

He was a great WR, but IMO he sucks... and he certainly has not watched Broncos games... If so, he would talk about D and special teams a lot more to explain Broncos struggle.
I know Jay is far from being perfect but IMO he's a good story of this year.

What do you think about Cris comments?
Do you believe like him that one reason of our bad season is about Jay?

Nice job calling him out, mon frere. After a while, you start to realize that many of these commentators really aren't the most insightful minds, they just have a name that people associate with the sport, and it gives them credibility.

omac
12-06-2007, 10:53 PM
Have you ever read Troy Aikmans crap in TSI? He is a bigger play it safe cheesedick than Cris Carter. I especially liked how Aikman a month or so into the season boldly went out on a limb and said Adrian Peterson is this years best rookie. No **** concussion face!

I don't know what site is TSI, but I'd believe you. And that's real cutting-edge of him, watching AD make an impact first before making his "prediction". :D Aikman seems to make very safe picks.

In the Yahoo FF leagues, there was an article I read before the season started, saying how the writer and the Yahoo staff were mistaken in their weak ranking of Peterson, just because he was a rookie. He stated that if he were to do it again, he'd rank Peterson pretty high based on his talent and potential. Now that was good advice, as I picked up Peterson early, while others chose RBs who didn't have close to the level of talent Peterson had. Now that was a writer who predicted how good AD would be, not just wait for his "forecast" after everyone else knew it.

The one thing I don't like from supposed analysts is when they play it safe; the other is when they're obviously biased.

Lonestar
12-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Chris Carter certainly is not the sharpest tool in the shed nor is Aikman he is about three concussions short of a full load.

frenchfan
12-07-2007, 02:42 AM
Everything he said is true IMO, I'm not that much of a homer or that bias to realize this especially what he says about Shanahan! But he can't lay the blame soley on Cutler. It's the team as a whole who's been mediocre but Cutler sometimes makes Plummer look like a genius. Again he's a young QB so I expect the mistakes he'll make.Nomad...

We all think too that Jay is not (yet) perfect... So yes, sometimes he makes Plummer looks like a genius, but he also makes plays that only John or Brett could make... We just keep in mind that he's a gunslinger as John & Brett... This kind of QB takes more risk and of course pay for that sometimes...
And even the best QB can make silly throws (I've seen Brady made some... Peyton too... BTW he has a good 6 Int record now :D ).

I think there are more things that hurted us than Cutler this year...
But I think that it was you meant, didn't you?

Sure, Jay still needs to improve, but his stats are pretty good (except about win/loss ratio). He shows that he can handles pressure and that he can rebounce from his mistakes... He had a very bad game against the Raiders, let's see what he will do against the Chiefs...

That said, I agree about what he said about Mikey... THough I think Mikey is a great coach, he's not perfect and he shouldn't run 2 jobs...
But hell... I still can't understand what he said about Cutler... All the football fans that have Jay wouldn't say that... Just my opinion (and I don't think I'm a homer... When we suck, we suck... We don't have to find excuses -injuries and so on- for this bad year, but solutions to solve the issues).

Nomad
12-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Nomad...

We all think too that Jay is not (yet) perfect... So yes, sometimes he makes Plummer looks like a genius, but he also makes plays that only John or Brett could make... We just keep in mind that he's a gunslinger as John & Brett... This kind of QB takes more risk and of course pay for that sometimes...
And even the best QB can make silly throws (I've seen Brady made some... Peyton too... BTW he has a good 6 Int record now :D ).

I think there are more things that hurted us than Cutler this year...
But I think that it was you meant, didn't you?

Sure, Jay still needs to improve, but his stats are pretty good (except about win/loss ratio). He shows that he can handles pressure and that he can rebounce from his mistakes... He had a very bad game against the Raiders, let's see what he will do against the Chiefs...

That said, I agree about what he said about Mikey... THough I think Mikey is a great coach, he's not perfect and he shouldn't run 2 jobs...
But hell... I still can't understand what he said about Cutler... All the football fans that have Jay wouldn't say that... Just my opinion (and I don't think I'm a homer... When we suck, we suck... We don't have to find excuses -injuries and so on- for this bad year, but solutions to solve the issues).

I think we agree! :salute: Does what I say mean I dislike Cutler or Shanahan? NO WAY! I couldn't imagine either one not with the BRONCOS. Yes, Cutler is going through growing pains but he is forgiven for being a rookie! As much as a I like Shanahan, he needs to do things differently. I believe he'll get a pass this year with injuries, deaths, and new players. I want whats best for the Denver BRONCOS and I hope the coaches and players feel the same!

arapaho2
12-07-2007, 08:54 PM
well if carter shaved those thick ass brows i might take him a little more serious......on second thought he'd still be an idiot so who cares what he has to say