PDA

View Full Version : Doom & Buck Show week 2

Denver Native (Carol)
09-21-2009, 10:48 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mark_cooper/doom-buck-show-week-2/

September 21st, 2009 - 8:59am by mark_cooper

First, congrats have to go out to Shannon Sharpe and his induction into the Ring of Fame. Probably the best tight-end to ever play the game. Congrats Shannon!! Nice work buddy and……….parachuting onto the field……….what are you crazy? :o) That was a classic.

Second, to Mr. Bowlen for hosting such a nice Alumni Weekend event. First class all the way. That speaks volumes about him and the organization. I’m proud to say I played for him. Most teams across the league don’t have an event like that and Mr. Bowlen doesn’t have to put it on, but he does and the camaraderie and the spirit continues in Broncomania land, promise. Lots of old stories and laughs were shared and we have an opportunity to see guys we haven’t seen in years, sometimes. Wonderful event. Thank you Mr. Bowlen.

GAMETIME: DOOM: four sacks + one forced fumble, Buck toting the rock for 76 yards and Moreno for 75 yards. No turnovers and Orton throwing to everybody and their brother all over the field….eight different receivers. Kinda reminds you of the Patriots, huh? By the way, that’s not a bad thing, because offenses that work get copied and improved every year in high school, college and the pros.

Hmmm, improvement??? You bet. that’s what we like to see and with games like that, we have improvement with a new offense and on D….YES…..a D that is holding down the running game of the opponent. Boy, I liked what I saw.

Total net yards of 449 to 200? That tells the story along with the efficiencies we had versus Cleveland and turnovers and TOP……….Monodono?? TIME OF POSSESSION, where you at. :o) Tell me, what caught your eye and what your favorite play of the game was??

Superchop 7
09-22-2009, 04:31 PM
It was Cleveland.

They haven't scored a TD in 9 games.

Keep some perspective.

silkamilkamonico
09-23-2009, 02:29 PM
It was Cleveland.

They haven't scored a TD in 9 games.

Keep some perspective.

Quinn scored a TD against Minnesota week 1. Not sure where you're getting your info.

9 games ago, Cleveland scored 1 offensive TD. Rushing.

10 games ago, Cleveland scored 3 offensive TD's, including 2 passing TD's in Brady Quinn's first NFL start in which turned out to be a career day against the vaunted Denver Broncos we didn't wanna lose.

It hurts to have to admit that Denver is already better now than they've been since Jake Plunger was their QB, doesn't it?

Dortoh
09-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Quinn scored a TD against Minnesota week 1. Not sure where you're getting your info.

9 games ago, Cleveland scored 1 offensive TD. Rushing.

10 games ago, Cleveland scored 3 offensive TD's, including 2 passing TD's in Brady Quinn's first NFL start in which turned out to be a career day against the vaunted Denver Broncos we didn't wanna lose.

It hurts to have to admit that Denver is already better now than they've been since Jake Plunger was their QB, doesn't it?

While I'm really happy with what I've seen so far the guy is right.....It was the Browns and they suck period.

Kaylore
09-23-2009, 03:22 PM
While I'm really happy with what I've seen so far the guy is right.....It was the Browns and they suck period.

True, but they sucked last year and they almost beat us. We made Quinn look good and this game he looked like who he is. They are a Hillis gift at the twenty yard line away from leaving the game with one field goal. And you can't complain about three TD margin of victory. I think if we "sucked" as much as people thought we wouldn't have won by that margin.

silkamilkamonico
09-23-2009, 09:03 PM

I still don't think that changes what's going on with this team. We domionated the Browns in every category. We gave them every oppurtunity to stay in the game, and they just broke. Denver's pressure throughout the course of the game on both sides just broke them. The game was much more one sided then last years.

We also played them much more tough than Minnesota did, and lot of people on their bandwagon.

I really like our defense. I don't know if they can sustain what their doing, and I'm sure they will prolly be ugly games, but the defense makes plays. We haven't seen a defense like this for 4 years.

drewloc
09-23-2009, 09:31 PM
I really like our defense. I don't know if they can sustain what their doing, and I'm sure they will prolly be ugly games, but the defense makes plays. We haven't seen a defense like this for 4 years.

Spot on right here Silk, I feel so much better about our D today than I did at any point last year. :salute: