PDA

View Full Version : We're 2-0 and it's Raider's week -- It doesn't get much better than this...

Tned
09-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Ok, folks, it's Raider week. I know we don't have the "Shanahan will do anything to beat Al Davis" story line, but they are still the Raiders.

Having watched parts of both of the Raider games, they have shown some good and bad. Their defense has shown some flashes, and McFadden and Bush have been impressive at times. Russell has been inconsistant from what I have seen, but IMO, he is getting better each game he plays.

So, are you ready for some Foootball?? It's Raiiider week!!!

Nomad
09-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Hopefully McDaniels realizes what this game means to BRONCO fans. I would hate to have our first loss against the Raiders, but we won't!!

Day1BroncoFan
09-21-2009, 06:03 PM
Are you kidding? JaMarcan't looked horrible yesterday. He only completed 3 passes before the final drive and his rating is lower than last week.

Hope he doesn't have a career day against us.

Dreadnought
09-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Are you kidding? JaMarcan't looked horrible yesterday. He only completed 3 passes before the final drive and his rating is lower than last week.

He did last year in the second game, but that was against the Slowick mess and our imaginary 2008 safeties. From what I've seen of the Nolan defense if the guys mind their business we could shut that stiff out.

Day1BroncoFan
09-21-2009, 06:13 PM
He did last year in the second game, but that was against the Slowick mess and our imaginary 2008 safeties. From what I've seen of the Nolan defense if the guys mind their business we could shut that stiff out.

I'm thinking the same thing but you never know. Unless JaMarcan't has a stellar day or our offense totally crumbles we should be able to push them around and score more points than they do.

T.K.O.
09-21-2009, 06:15 PM
we will crush the raiders and send them spiraling into the black hole, only to come out the cosmic fog into another wasted season......
oh and ..........http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/ne/ap/20090810/18/3369121446-denver-broncos-quarterback-kyle-orton-listens-head-coach-josh-mcdaniels.jpg

"you must become one with winning kyle....visualize the scoreboard at the end of the game....broncos 38
raiders 9............"

"ahhhhhh i see it now... teacher"

OldschoolFreak
09-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Yeah but thy're not to be overlooked. The numbers don't look good--Russell in particular looks ATROCIOUS. But despite that, they're finding ways to be competitive and strike me as a dangerous, though not number generating team.

I watched the whole SD game week 1 and they should have won that game. The reversed call in the endzone was errantly overturned for a 4 point swing and they just ran out of gas at the end. But had they capitalized a bit better and not gotten hosed by the refs, they had the Chargers beat.

Then this week they get pummeled for some ridiculous offensive discrepancy of like 160 to 400 or something by the Chiefs and then string together one good possession on the last drive to get the W.

Do not overlook the faid!

honz
09-21-2009, 06:28 PM
We must stop the run. If we can force them to pass and become somewhat 1 dimensional, JaFatty will either hand the ball to one of our DBs or kill the Raiders with his ineptitude. We limit Run DMC and Bush to short gains on 1st and 2nd down, we will easily hold the Raiders to under 13 points and several 3 and outs. I don't see any way we lose this game if the O plays solid and has a turnover free day to go along with another solid defensive effort.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Raiders fans crying,
Broncos fans cheering,
All that you hear. . .
It's the most wonderful time of the yeaaaaaaaaaaar.

**** da raiders. We're gonna be 3-0!

Lonestar
09-21-2009, 06:32 PM
Classic trap game nice home win last week, crummy team next week at home then the real meat of the schedule.

Let's hope Josh will not allow them to look past a division away game.

T.K.O.
09-21-2009, 06:32 PM
Yeah but thy're not to be overlooked. The numbers don't look good--Russell in particular looks ATROCIOUS. But despite that, they're finding ways to be competitive and strike me as a dangerous, though not number generating team.

I watched the whole SD game week 1 and they should have won that game. The reversed call in the endzone was errantly overturned for a 4 point swing and they just ran out of gas at the end. But had they capitalized a bit better and not gotten hosed by the refs, they had the Chargers beat.

Then this week they get pummeled for some ridiculous offensive discrepancy of like 160 to 400 or something by the Chiefs and then string together one good possession on the last drive to get the W.

Do not overlook the faid!

hopefully this team is young enough to realize they cant overlook ANY team.
i do believe mcdaniels will impart to the guys that this is the most important game of the 1st qrtr season.
i see denvers D taking this one with alot of pride.....i realize we are not yet a great team but i do think the broncos can shut these guys down.and if they believe this broncos team has a shot at the playoffs(which i assure you everyone on the team does) they know they have to beat teams like the browns and raiders to "warm up" for the big dogs !:salute:

Kaylore
09-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Agree with the analysis except on Russell. Russell has NOT been improving, he's regressing and will continue to do so. Ask a Raider fan and even the biggest homer will admit this. McDaniels and Nolan scheme specifically to make QB do things he's not comfortable doing. I expect as long as we can stop the runs to he outside we should be able to pull it off.

Tned
09-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Agree with the analysis except on Russell. Russell has NOT been improving, he's regressing and will continue to do so. Ask a Raider fan and even the biggest homer will admit this. McDaniels and Nolan scheme specifically to make QB do things he's not comfortable doing. I expect as long as we can stop the runs to he outside we should be able to pull it off.

I'm downloading the Raiders "short cut" game from this weekend. I watched parts of the game week 1 and while he made some bad plays, he also made some good plays.

Admitedly, I haven't watched enough of the Raiders to make a good judgement on him.

Day1BroncoFan
09-21-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm downloading the Raiders "short cut" game from this weekend. I watched parts of the game week 1 and while he made some bad plays, he also made some good plays.

Admitedly, I haven't watched enough of the Raiders to make a good judgement on him.

The only really good plays he made were in the last drive. Before that 3-17 and his rating was lower than last week.

Notice there are no raider fans in here trying to defend and justify. Even OR has to admit he was atrocious in this game. I only hope he plays that bad next week against us. Even with the last drive he is 7-24 for 109 yards. :lol: :rofl:

Den21vsBal19
09-21-2009, 07:09 PM
The only really good plays he made were in the last drive. Before that 3-17 and his rating was lower than last week.

Notice there are no raider fans in here trying to defend and justify. Even OR has to admit he was atrocious in this game. I only hope he plays that bad next week against us. Even with the last drive he is 7-24 for 109 yards. :lol: :rofl:
Somethings just can't be defended ;)

Here's to a good result at the weekend :beer:

sanluis
09-21-2009, 07:28 PM
JMarc is the weak link for the Raiders. If they keep handing the ball to McFadden and Bush you guys will be in for a long night!

The Raiders D is the real deal. They will hurt people. We lost so many players during that game I lost count. Don't take them lightly.

PS ---- I hope both teams lose :D

honz
09-21-2009, 07:52 PM
JMarc is the weak link for the Raiders. If they keep handing the ball to McFadden and Bush you guys will be in for a long night!

The Raiders D is the real deal. They will hurt people. We lost so many players during that game I lost count. Don't take them lightly.

To be fair, our team isn't full of pansies. ;)

Zweems56
09-21-2009, 07:57 PM

The only reasonable solution for you would be a tie.

Overtime
09-21-2009, 09:20 PM

oh he's gonna have a career day alright, it's just the not kind of career day that neither he nor the Faiders wants.

I see a record # of INT's being thrown in 1 game, and the worst performance by an Oakland QB since Jeff George got sacked 7 times by Derrick Thomas on a balmy Sunday night in 1998 in Kansas City (which was also Gruden's pro debut as a head coach).

:laugh:

Shazam!
09-21-2009, 10:17 PM
The days of Denver getting dismantled and not showing up in games they should win are over IMO. They may get beaten by teams that are better but they'll beat teams they should beat.

If the Defense can continue to play like it has, they'll win. The offense has continued to slowly get better too.

...and that will make old ass Al even more angry, that even without Shanahan and Cutler, Denver is still kicking the shit out of his pathetic team.

**** duh Rayduhhz.

Broncos and the Under.

dogfish
09-21-2009, 11:02 PM
we're gonna beat that ass. . . .

EastCoastBronco
09-22-2009, 07:15 AM
Classic trap game nice home win last week, crummy team next week at home then the real meat of the schedule.

Let's hope Josh will not allow them to look past a division away game.

The biggest thing I have noticed so far (I know the season is young) is that we are winning games against teams that we are better than. How many time in the past 5 years have we gone into games against teams with less talent and worse records only to be upset by them because of a lack of preparation and lack of heart? I know we got lucky in Cincy but Sunday we didn't need luck. McDaniels and company seem to have figured out how to get these lads ready to fight on a weekly basis. Sometimes that's all you need.

Northman
09-22-2009, 07:17 AM
This will be a tough game and it will come down to field position and turnovers. So far the Broncos D has been pretty good at forcing some TO's so i hope McD doesnt get too impatient and start trying to air it out all the time. Ball control and field position and i think we can win.

broncofaninfla
09-22-2009, 07:24 AM

Russel threw a bunch of incompletions BUT so did Orton. I watched both games. Oakland shows flashes on offense but has a solid defense. They are like us in a lot of ways now.

Dirk
09-22-2009, 08:18 AM
I think the Broncos will come out with a win. The first week the Faiders looked like a team on the rise....and then Russell threw it all away for them.

The "experts" never saw Denver starting 2-0.....I guess they will be washing more egg off their face when we are 3-0!

broncofaninfla
09-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Raiders fans now have the right to be riled up (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/21/raiders-fans-now-have-the-right-to-be-riled-up/)

Posted by Mike Florio on September 21, 2009 10:47 PM ET
It figures that, after we spilled plenty of e-ink (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/15/last-word-on-the-louis-murphy-non-touchdown/) in defending the Week One decision to take away from the Oakland Raiders a second-quarter touchdown after receiver Louis Murphy, despite having possession and two feet down, lost the ball when hitting the ground, officials blew two similar calls in the next Sunday of action.

In both cases, the calls on the field were upheld via replay review, even though it appears to us that the touchdowns should have been wiped off the board, just like Murphy's was.

First, Texans receiver Jacoby Jones made an end-zone catch against the Titans that, based on our understanding of the rule that took away the Murphy touchdown, shouldn't have been a catch. (For the video, click here (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009092007/2009/REG2/texans@titans#tab:watch)and forward to 1:55.)

The quickly developing play, which sort of reminds us of Butch Johnson's arguable non-catch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ad3pDqFO4) in Super Bowl XII, involved Jones making the catch, going to the ground, and losing possession once hitting the ground.

Second, Panthers tight end Dante Rosario made a catch against the Falcons while going to the ground. He reached the ball over the goal line while falling, and then he lost possession just as he hit the turf.

The referee ignored the plain terms of the rule that took away Murphy's score, ruling instead that Rosario made the catch and then in a separate action reached the ball over the goal line.

But Rosario was going to the ground while he was catching the ball. So, under Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 1, Rosario was required to maintain possession after hitting the ground. And, as abundantly clear in the video (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d812c187e/Rosario-11-yd-TD-catch), he didn't.

So, yes, while Raiders fans were wrong to be upset last Monday night, they should be livid now.

Northman
09-22-2009, 08:47 AM
Why should they be livid? Calls are different every game. Welcome to the NFL Florio.

broncofaninfla
09-22-2009, 08:50 AM
The Raiders were cheated out a TD, they should be 2-0 and like us and like us thier QB throws a lot of incompletions. They also have a stingy defense like us. Now add the rivarly and the AFC west lead and this is going to be a VERY tough game. They have home field for this game and the fans will be fired up.

Overtime
09-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Raiders fans now have the right to be riled up (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/21/raiders-fans-now-have-the-right-to-be-riled-up/)

Posted by Mike Florio on September 21, 2009 10:47 PM ET
It figures that, after we spilled plenty of e-ink (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/15/last-word-on-the-louis-murphy-non-touchdown/) in defending the Week One decision to take away from the Oakland Raiders a second-quarter touchdown after receiver Louis Murphy, despite having possession and two feet down, lost the ball when hitting the ground, officials blew two similar calls in the next Sunday of action.

In both cases, the calls on the field were upheld via replay review, even though it appears to us that the touchdowns should have been wiped off the board, just like Murphy's was.

First, Texans receiver Jacoby Jones made an end-zone catch against the Titans that, based on our understanding of the rule that took away the Murphy touchdown, shouldn't have been a catch. (For the video, click here (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009092007/2009/REG2/texans@titans#tab:watch)and forward to 1:55.)

The quickly developing play, which sort of reminds us of Butch Johnson's arguable non-catch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ad3pDqFO4) in Super Bowl XII, involved Jones making the catch, going to the ground, and losing possession once hitting the ground.

Second, Panthers tight end Dante Rosario made a catch against the Falcons while going to the ground. He reached the ball over the goal line while falling, and then he lost possession just as he hit the turf.

The referee ignored the plain terms of the rule that took away Murphy's score, ruling instead that Rosario made the catch and then in a separate action reached the ball over the goal line.

But Rosario was going to the ground while he was catching the ball. So, under Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 1, Rosario was required to maintain possession after hitting the ground. And, as abundantly clear in the video (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d812c187e/Rosario-11-yd-TD-catch), he didn't.

So, yes, while Raiders fans were wrong to be upset last Monday night, they should be livid now.

so the Ed Hochule disgruntlation effect has spread to Jokeland now? :coffee:

they'll either A) get over it or B.) it'll ruin their season.

i vote for option B.)

:D

CoachChaz
09-22-2009, 09:29 AM
If you need proof that a team can succeed by simply buying into a coach and his system, look no firther than the New York Jets.

topscribe
09-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Russel threw a bunch of incompletions BUT so did Orton. I watched both games. Oakland shows flashes on offense but has a solid defense. They are like us in a lot of ways now.

But then, Russell didn't hit 8 out of 10 in the second half, either . . .

-----

Slick
09-22-2009, 09:42 AM
If you need proof that a team can succeed by simply buying into a coach and his system, look no firther than the New York Jets.

Northman and I were talking about that in another thread. Those guys are playing good football.

topscribe
09-22-2009, 09:45 AM

I tremble at what the Raiders might be if they got themselves a real QB. :shocked:

-----

broncofaninfla
09-22-2009, 10:01 AM
But then, Russell didn't hit 8 out of 10 in the second half, either . . .

-----

True but like Orton, Russel was good enough to win the game.