PDA

View Full Version : Broncos move Harris up, sign underwood and bozeman

SBboundBRONCOS
12-05-2007, 04:37 PM
what do you guys think, we still have such a small DL not sure how much its gonna help

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=338&storyID=7598

Stand Ablaze
12-05-2007, 04:56 PM
It says they signed Bozeman to the practice squad, I thought you meant signed them to the team.

rcsodak
12-05-2007, 06:24 PM
So they're going away from Browncos to Falcos......

....nice. :rolleyes:

BaiLeY324
12-05-2007, 06:26 PM
I like Underwood coming out of college. Fast and can hit

Lonestar
12-05-2007, 09:27 PM
200 pound safety hope he is fast.

280 DT hope it is all muscle..

295 DT needs about 30 pounds to do the rick in Bates scheme..

Sounds like the Bottom of the barrelcos to me..

LoyalSoldier
12-06-2007, 01:34 AM
Hey the way the D-Line is playing I'll take anyone who doesn't do as bad.

Retired_Member_001
12-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Our defensive line is just getting worse and worse.

:tsk:

If we kept Gerrard Warren and Sam Adams, with Marcus Thomas and Alvin McKinnley providing depth, we would have some strength at the DT position.

BaiLeY324
12-06-2007, 02:47 PM

If we kept Gerrard Warren and Sam Adams, with Marcus Thomas and Alvin McKinnley providing depth, we would have some strength at the DT position.

Adams was ridiculously bad. Although I agree with you about Gerard

Fan in Exile
12-06-2007, 02:52 PM
200 pound safety hope he is fast.

280 DT hope it is all muscle..

295 DT needs about 30 pounds to do the rick in Bates scheme..

Sounds like the Bottom of the barrelcos to me..

I know the story has Harris listed at 285 pounds, but the roster has him at 305 so I hope that the extra twenty pounds are real, and that they help. I mean there's always hope right?

AFGAHNI_BATTLE_DONKEY
12-06-2007, 05:56 PM

no we wouldnt.

dont joke around here.

Retired_Member_001
12-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Adams was ridiculously bad. Although I agree with you about Gerard

I didn't say we would have Pro Bowl defensive tackles.

I said we would have some strength at the position, at the moment we have next to no strength at the position.

Lonestar
12-07-2007, 11:37 PM
I know the story has Harris listed at 285 pounds, but the roster has him at 305 so I hope that the extra twenty pounds are real, and that they help. I mean there's always hope right?

I think if he were that big they would have brought him befeore bringing in like8 DE's do you not?

TXBRONC
12-07-2007, 11:46 PM
I think if he were that big they would have brought him befeore bringing in like8 DE's do you not?

A couple of our defensive linemen have experience as both defensive ends and defensive tackles. Peterson and McKinley have played both positions.

Lonestar
12-07-2007, 11:53 PM
A couple of our defensive linemen have experience as both defensive ends and defensive tackles. Peterson and McKinley have played both positions.

Yep and Bates is still trying to find an Adams type in there somewhere. As it stands right now this DT area sucks the whole DL is nothing to right home about. I hope he can develop these guys with late season playing time or find someone to fill the holes during the off season..

omac
12-08-2007, 06:23 AM
Still wondering why there was no interest in Grady Jackson; don't know if he's playing well at Jacksonville, but I do remember seeing him literaly bulldoze over the line to get to the QB (or was that the RB?). He's a big guy.

broncofanatic1987
12-08-2007, 08:01 AM
I'm hoping the reason Adams was released is because the coaches are confident that Harris is ready to play on game day. If that's the case, maybe defensive tackle isn't going to be a major need in the draft. If Harris puts on another 20 to 30 lbs by next season, he'll be in the range that Bates likes for his tackles.

Dean
12-09-2007, 12:13 AM
Gaining 30 pounds for someone who has already been lifting in just one year while still being able to retain his agility is highly unlikely. That is very unlikely short of HGH, testosterone, and its precursorsand that is a big no-no.

He is listed at 305 now. He might get to a solid 315 or 320 while retaining his movement, with a great deal of work might be possible. The problem (beyond hindering your play) with weight gain in fat is that it comes off in training camp and throughout the season.

He has been given an opportunity. Let's see what he does with it.

Simple Jaded
12-09-2007, 02:14 AM
Sounds more like the Falcogatorcos.

The Broncos need to find a new trick...Or at least hire a defensive coach with ties to better DLman......

Lonestar
12-09-2007, 03:32 AM
Sounds more like the Falcogatorcos.

The Broncos need to find a new trick...Or at least hire a defensive coach with ties to better DLman.......

Amen your preaching to the choir..

topscribe
12-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Gaining 30 pounds for someone who has already been lifting in just one year while still being able to retain his agility is highly unlikely. That is very unlikely short of HGH, testosterone, and its precursorsand that is a big no-no.

He is listed at 305 now. He might get to a solid 315 or 320 while retaining his movement, with a great deal of work might be possible. The problem (beyond hindering your play) with weight gain in fat is that it comes off in training camp and throughout the season.

There are plently of 330 lb. linemen who have never made it because they
get pushed around and pancaked. As you know, Dean, weight is part of the
equation, but only part of it. I would rather have a quick 305 lb. DT who
can get position and leverage and knows how to use his hands than a 350 lb.
monster who knows nothing but to try to bull his way into the backfield,
which does not work in the NFL.

I'm not refering to any individuals . . . Sam Adams was not that way, if
anybody is thinking that. I'm giving a generic example.

Anyway, time will tell regarding how Harris . . . and Thomas, for that matter
. . . will fair at their position. Controversy raged as to which one was the
best DL on that National Championship team, which is encouraging. It would
really be a pleasure to see that controversy crop up again here.

We'll see. :coffee:

-----

topscribe
12-09-2007, 03:57 PM
I didn't say we would have Pro Bowl defensive tackles.

I said we would have some strength at the position, at the moment we have next to no strength at the position.

I wasn't a big fan of Warren's, at least this year.

But I do think the timing was bad in getting rid of him.

-----

Retired_Member_001
12-09-2007, 05:06 PM
I wasn't a big fan of Warren's, at least this year.

But I do think the timing was bad in getting rid of him.

-----

I completely agree.

However Warren would probably be the best defensive tackle on this team if he was still here.

broncofanatic1987
12-09-2007, 07:42 PM

In the span of about six months, Harris put on 20 lbs. He went through training camp and presumably has been busting his butt in practice for the last 14 weeks. I think over the course of the next 8 to 9 months, it's quite possible for him to put on another 20 to 30 lbs, if the coaches want him to do that. I'm not going to presume to know that the added weight would significantly affect his athleticism. It depends on his body frame and whether or not it can support the added weight without slowing him down too much. They might not want him gain weight, but Bates does typically prefer big and tall defensive tackles. Whether he gains the weight or not, I hope he proves to be good enough to take defensive tackle away as a priority for the draft.