PDA

View Full Version : I love Orton.

LoyalSoldier
09-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Ok as promised. I thought Orton played a good game. He looked more on point and although he had a few more incomplete passes than I would have liked, overall he had a solid game.

So here you go, no negative posts about Orton from me for the rest of the week. Keep on improving Orton.

Tned
09-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Lots of incompletions, some might have been throw aways, or might have been bad throws, hard to say. But, he didn't turn the ball over, and made enough plays to get the win.

broncobryce
09-20-2009, 06:35 PM
I thought some of those were receivers and him not being on the same page. As everybody plays together more, things will only get better. And our running game is starting to come together.

Shutdown
09-20-2009, 06:55 PM
I thought some of those were receivers and him not being on the same page. As everybody plays together more, things will only get better. And our running game is starting to come together.

Exactamundo!

Him and the receivers were not on the same page a few times. Really the fault falls on both of them.

Moreno really looked good. The O-line needs to create more holes for the kid. Seems Buckhalter got some good holes and really took advantage of them.

Overall GREAT GAME! I am extremely impressed with McD and the rest of the staff. I guess they are not as dumb as everyone was saying...

Loyal, way to own up. I think Orton will really give us a great shot at having a nice season. I'm impressed.

One last note....

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!! 4 sacks!! Way to go :defense:

DenBronx
09-20-2009, 06:59 PM
doom had 4 sacks? dayhum!!!

T.K.O.
09-20-2009, 07:01 PM
i think orton will find his groove with the O.....however this wasnt the week
he seemed like he was reading the playbook and not the field....made very few adjustment for what was actually happening on the field.
again the offense has to (and should) improve over the next few weeks.
i just hope we are good enough to beat the raiders and give dallas a run for the money.....then we will have a shot at the PLAYOFFS !....PLAYOFFS.....:D

CrazyHorse
09-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Kyle Orton is the shiznit! I think I need to buy and Orton Jersey.

T.K.O.
09-20-2009, 07:59 PM

you dont have one already? get with the program;)
he's the only undefeated bronco qb in history....what are you waiting for?

Benetto
09-20-2009, 08:02 PM
I will admit...I am VERY happy he has a lot of pass attempts with out a pick..Anyone know the actual number..Something like 200??

Anyways, Great play so far Pyle..Keep it up.

Today's play calling kinda reminded me of when Shanahan would dumb down the offense for Plummer to succeed...Hey, whatever it takes to win, right...

Superchop 7
09-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Too busy "boo-ing" to notice.

T.K.O.
09-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Too busy "boo-ing" to notice.

you keep boo-ing and the broncos will keep winning......its all good !:beer:

Shazam!
09-20-2009, 08:23 PM

No way they'll allow 27 points to Cleveland. No way.
They scored 20 against the Vikings who have a better defense than we do.

I told ya!

Go :defense:

Tned
09-20-2009, 08:50 PM
Today's play calling kinda reminded me of when Shanahan would dumb down the offense for Plummer to succeed...Hey, whatever it takes to win, right...

I don't think it was so much dumbed down, as much as an example of the short, mistake free "ball control" passing offense that NE has used for years. As Orton (or whoever) gets more comfortable, we will likely see more shots down field, and less incompletions, but it likely won't change much.

titan
09-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Just got back from the game. I know his completion percentage was not good but I thought this was Orton's best performance as a Bronco so far. Orton showed me in this game he can complete passes down the field (and not just little dink passes that the New England style offense is known for). He also showed surprising mobility - avoiding a rush by a Cleveland defender in the red zone (he did miss a chance at a td on that play, though, on his worst throw of the day)

I think some of the misfires were Orton just throwing the ball away - playing a conservative, safe game.

rcsodak
09-20-2009, 09:16 PM
Ok as promised. I thought Orton played a good game. He looked more on point and although he had a few more incomplete passes than I would have liked, overall he had a solid game.

So here you go, no negative posts about Orton from me for the rest of the week. Keep on improving Orton.

Oh, I get it...

....so WHEN he has a bad game (they all do), you'll revert back to your Kyle-bashing and post a thread as such? And then an "I love Orton" thread when he does good again?

Now you're just getting ridiculous, LS. I've come to expect better. :tsk:

honz
09-20-2009, 09:47 PM
I don't think it was so much dumbed down, as much as an example of the short, mistake free "ball control" passing offense that NE has used for years. As Orton (or whoever) gets more comfortable, we will likely see more shots down field, and less incompletions, but it likely won't change much.

Agreed. I think it was a fairly conservative gameplan, but not really dumbed down. Orton was making pre-snap reads and adjustments on almost every play out there today it seemed. McD said in his presser that we "weren't going to make the big mistake" and we succeeded in that. When it was all said and done, Orton had 263 yards on 17 completions. His completion % was poor, but many of those were on throw aways and simple mis-communication with his receivers...now whether that is his fault or not, hard to say.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Orton played OK.

gobroncsnv
09-20-2009, 10:10 PM
Saw Stokes and a few others had balls hit them right in the hands... I can't fault Orton completely for his low percentage. Receivers gotta catch the ones that are like that. I was happy to see a few shots down the field as well. We'll see what it's like when the, um, glove comes off.

LoyalSoldier
09-20-2009, 10:40 PM
Oh, I get it...

....so WHEN he has a bad game (they all do), you'll revert back to your Kyle-bashing and post a thread as such? And then an "I love Orton" thread when he does good again?

Now you're just getting ridiculous, LS. I've come to expect better. :tsk:

So it is not ok to praise him when he does well and to bash him when he plays poorly? Sorry for um.....using the quality of his play as a basis for....well my opinion? I mean when I was young my Dad praised me for doing the right thing and scolded me for doing something I shouldn't. I guess my dad was stupid then. :lol:

I don't know about anyone else, but you are the one who sounds ridiculous.

Lonestar
09-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Agreed. I think it was a fairly conservative gameplan, but not really dumbed down. Orton was making pre-snap reads and adjustments on almost every play out there today it seemed. McD said in his presser that we "weren't going to make the big mistake" and we succeeded in that. When it was all said and done, Orton had 263 yards on 17 completions. His completion % was poor, but many of those were on throw aways and simple mis-communication with his receivers...now whether that is his fault or not, hard to say.

I was flying home today and did not get to see any of it but the Hi lights on NFL channel..

but I was listening to the game on the drive from the airport h
the announcers made the comment about KO getting the game plan and that was NOT throwing deep and keeping everything high percentage completions that is how the offense has been run in NE for years..

Like the WCO used to be called long hand offs to RB's and TE's this is just expanding it out to WR's in the spread..

Time of possession is the key keeps the D fresh and if we go to no huddle their D, especially in DEN will die a fast sure death..

Elevation inc
09-21-2009, 02:42 AM
orton managed the game effectively, and secured the win. depsite some irritation i have still....i find it quite hard to be upset about anything right now after i just saw our defense ranked number 1 in scoring defense...lol...who would have thunk it....lol

and i still dont love kyle, but his play has improved from last week....and improvement is a good thing....

Dreadnought
09-21-2009, 09:21 AM
orton managed the game effectively, and secured the win. depsite some irritation i have still....i find it quite hard to be upset about anything right now after i just saw our defense ranked number 1 in scoring defense...lol...who would have thunk it....lol

and i still dont love kyle, but his play has improved from last week....and improvement is a good thing....

I was happy to see some attempts, especially successful attempts, over 15 yards. Once those happened we started to move the ball. Even better, this generated game film of Orton successfully hitting intermediate passes, which makes game planning against us more difficult down the road and that will help open running lanes and loosen up the short passing game. Its all interrelated.

I'm not sold on Orton, but if this Nolan defense performs anything like what we've seen so far we can win some ball games.

And that begs the question...just how bad was Bob Slowick, anyway :lol:

claymore
09-21-2009, 09:27 AM
I was happy to see some attempts, especially successful attempts, over 15 yards. Once those happened we started to move the ball. Even better, this generated game film of Orton successfully hitting intermediate passes, which makes game planning against us more difficult down the road and that will help open running lanes and loosen up the short passing game. Its all interrelated.

I'm not sold on Orton, but if this Nolan defense performs anything like what we've seen so far we can win some ball games.

And that begs the question...just how bad was Bob Slowick, anyway :lol:

If Nolan turns our Defense into a top 5 defense, Nolan may not be here next year.

Bob was Bad Dread.....

broncofaninfla
09-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Orton played OK.

I agree. Nothing great, far too many incompletions but showed a slight improvement from what we have seen to date. With that being said I still feel the QB position is one of, if not, the weakest postion currently on our team.

claymore
09-21-2009, 09:30 AM
I agree. Nothing great, far too many incompletions but showed a slight improvement from what we have seen to date. With that being said I still feel the QB position is one of, if not, the weakest postion currently on our team.

Caution, anything but rainbows and sunshine gets you labled as a Troll.

broncofaninfla
09-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Caution, anything but rainbows and sunshine gets you labled as a Troll.

LOL! It's hard to belive it's a sin to want better play from the QB postion from what we have been subjected to to date. I'm happy we won again BUT I want to keep on winning. In order for that to happen the passing game has to improve.

T.K.O.
09-21-2009, 10:57 AM
LOL! It's hard to belive it's a sin to want better play from the QB postion from what we have been subjected to to date. I'm happy we won again BUT I want to keep on winning. In order for that to happen the passing game has to improve.

and it will !...really an injured qb fresh out of camp with a new team and scheme is not usually the "peak":D

just ask the guy who was here last year....

rcsodak
09-21-2009, 11:57 PM
So it is not ok to praise him when he does well and to bash him when he plays poorly? Sorry for um.....using the quality of his play as a basis for....well my opinion? I mean when I was young my Dad praised me for doing the right thing and scolded me for doing something I shouldn't. I guess my dad was stupid then. :lol:

I don't know about anyone else, but you are the one who sounds ridiculous.

I think we BOTH know what I'm talking about LS....

...the silly ass threads.

But hey, whatever....

...I'll be looking forward to your next 'anti' thread down the road.... :coffee:

Kaylore
09-22-2009, 01:42 AM
Orton played great. He was awesome on third down, didn't take a sack and didn't turn the ball over. People that whine about the incompletions need to look at the receivers. Most would agree Sharpe is a pretty smart guy and he even pointed out they weren't getting open or adjusting their routes to the blitzes. There was a lot of mis-communication out there because the offense is so new.

Orton is the least of our problems. If he starts turning the ball over then we should look at him, but as long as he keeps winning and doesn't make plays to hurt the team he should keep on keeping on.

LoyalSoldier
09-22-2009, 01:51 AM
I think we BOTH know what I'm talking about LS....

...the silly ass threads.

But hey, whatever....

...I'll be looking forward to your next 'anti' thread down the road.... :coffee:

No I think the problem is your preconception of me isn't being met in this thread so you feel as if you have to try to poke me into saying something that validates your stereotype. Sorry I am not playing your game.

So far just about everyone else who has been critical of me doesn't seem to mind that I am giving Orton his props after roasting his butt last week. Why is it you are unhappy? It is almost like you want me to just be a biased Orton hater. That this throws a monkey wrench in your plans.

Not once all of last week did I say anything like "Bench Orton" or "Man he sucks". Instead I said his level of play was inferior and he needs to pick it up if he wants to keep his job. Well this game was a step in the right direction.

EMB6903
10-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Ive been a huge hater on Kyle Orton since hes arrived in Denver and I will finally admit Im wrong on him, he can ball.

He has yet again proven me wrong with the way he played today...35/48 for 330 yards 2td's 1 int and very clutch down the stretch converting on several third downs along with moving the chains in OT.. 5 games played and he has yet to commit a meaningful turnover.

Elevation inc
10-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Ive been a huge hater on Kyle Orton since hes arrived in Denver and I will finally admit Im wrong on him, he can ball.

He has yet again proven me wrong with the way he played today...35/48 for 330 yards 2td's 1 int and very clutch down the stretch converting on several third downs along with moving the chains in OT.. 5 games played and he has yet to commit a meaningful turnover.

yeah and that was a seventh ranked defense we just faced, mad props to him....dude is growing quick when he realizes he has a OL....