PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Manziel agrees to join Fan Controlled Football startup league

Denver Native (Carol)
12-30-2020, 06:09 PM
Johnny Manziel has agreed to resume his playing career with a startup league called Fan Controlled Football, he told ESPN this week.

The league, scheduled to begin play in February, will feature 7-on-7 games where fans set rosters, call plays and interact in a blend of traditional and esports environments.

"The more I heard about what this was going to be, the more I felt it was going to be something that was just very fun," Manziel said. "It's going to be very fan-oriented and something I could get behind without being extremely, extremely, extremely serious, the way that my football career has been in the past."

Manziel, 28, connected with FCF co-founder and CEO Sohrob Farudi through comedian Bob Menery, a mutual friend. Manziel last played football in April 2019 for the Alliance of American Football and also has played in The Spring League and the Canadian Football League since the Cleveland Browns released him in 2015.

rest - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30623209/johnny-manziel-agrees-join-fan-controlled-football-startup-league

FanInAZ
12-30-2020, 06:34 PM
Fans are going to be setting rosters and calling plays for live football games :pound: what could go wrong :pound: