PDA

View Full Version : Movies you want to see get made

chazoe60
03-11-2020, 03:10 PM
Okay, post your movie wishlist here. I'll start.

I want to see a good film adaptation of Blood Meridian

Coen Brothers to adapt the screenplay and direct.
Deakins as cinematographer

Cast
Miles Teller as the Kid
Vince Vaughn as Judge Holden (Brawl in Cell Block 99 convinced me he's the man for this role)
Tom Hardy as Glanton
Ben Foster as Toadvine

This would be an epic movie

Dreadnought
03-11-2020, 05:44 PM
I want to see the epic journey of the Czech Legion made into a film. They were volunteers in the Russian Army in WW1 who got stranded in Russia by the Communist Revolution. They fought the Commies all the way from European Russia across the Trans-Siberian Railway to Vladivostock, took ship for America, crossed America to France, and re-entered WW1 against the Germans after circumnavigating the Globe

Hawgdriver
03-11-2020, 06:00 PM
I'd like a movie that captures the journey from pre-atomic speculation of splitting the atom to the Trinity test.

Maybe directed by Villenueve, idk. When you think about it, it's weird af. I can't even imagine something comparable in this era. Probably too late for Kubrick.

I don't know who would play Oppenheimer. I think Damon should do Feynmann.

OgT-Gw6Pjz4

MOtorboat
03-11-2020, 06:09 PM
A dark comedy about a serial killer who travels from small town to small town targeting hookers in the Eastern Bloc while driving a 1990s Volvo.

Poet
03-11-2020, 06:48 PM
Abe does miami

MOtorboat
03-11-2020, 07:06 PM
Abe does miami

90 minutes of a dude sitting in a hotel room ordering delivery?

Poet
03-11-2020, 07:07 PM
90 minutes of a dude sitting in a hotel room ordering delivery?

With diarrhea, a headache, and a sense of profound profoundness. The little arrogant shitbird!

MOtorboat
03-11-2020, 07:17 PM
With diarrhea, a headache, and a sense of profound profoundness. The little arrogant shitbird!

The intro is him grabbing luggage from the luggage conveyer while hopeful music plays. The camera pans around as he looks toward the car pick up and follows him Scorsese style as he calls a cab and takes a five minute ride to an airport hotel. Then, 85 minutes of a dude and a hotel room.

Poet
03-11-2020, 07:25 PM
The intro is him grabbing luggage from the luggage conveyer while hopeful music plays. The camera pans around as he looks toward the car pick up and follows him Scorsese style as he calls a cab and takes a five minute ride to an airport hotel. Then, 85 minutes of a dude and a hotel room.

At the end he gets a call, freaks out and screams "why won't you people just leave me the hell alone?"

MOtorboat
03-11-2020, 07:47 PM
At the end he gets a call, freaks out and screams "why won't you people just leave me the hell alone?"

Or, plot twist: This square is really trafficking massive amounts of drugs from Guatemala or Honduras. Wherever he is. But the only hint we get is several scenes with “delivery guys” and the final scene of the movie is a close up of his hands putting on a gold Rolex and walking out of the hotel room.

Northman
03-11-2020, 08:16 PM
A decent Aliens vs Predator movie.

Hawgdriver
03-12-2020, 01:26 AM
I was looking into a couple of intellectual properties that would be a good translate and I found they are already in production:

Warhammer 40k Eisenhorn (https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/warhammer-40000-series-eisenhorn-in-the-works-the-x-files-frank-spotnitz-1203270041/) based on Abnett's fiction
Wool trilogy (https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/hugh-howey-wool-amc-laotya-morgan-1202887310/) by Hugh Howey

Tell you what. One of the books that really hit me was Ray Bradbury's Dandelion Wine. I don't remember much about it except that it made me feel smells and taste colors. It was ultra vivid, like typeset LSD or something. I'm sure Bradbury was on something when he wrote that. Ok, maybe not. Buff said I was on something at one point, but I'm just imaginative I think.

I don't know how to turn stuff like that into a movie. The movies I like the most, it's just the way they make me feel--(unless it's Terminator 2) it has to transport me somewhere I never get to visit.

MasterShake
03-12-2020, 08:50 AM
For original movies, pretty much anything from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/WritingPrompts/

As far as a movie I'd like to see, I would LOVE if someone could do a proper At The Mountains of Madness (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At_the_Mountains_of_Madness) movie.

Plot Summary: The story is recalled in a first-person perspective by the geologist William Dyer, a professor at Arkham's Miskatonic University, in the hope to prevent an important and much publicized scientific expedition to Antarctica. Throughout the course of his explanation, Dyer relates how he led a group of scholars from Miskatonic University on a previous expedition to Antarctica, during which they discovered ancient ruins and a dangerous secret, beyond a range of mountains higher than the Himalayas.

A small advance group, led by Professor Lake, discovers the remains of fourteen prehistoric life-forms, previously unknown to science, and also unidentifiable as either plants or animals. Six of the specimens have been badly damaged, while another eight have been preserved in pristine condition. The specimens' stratum places them far too early on the geologic time scale for the features of the specimens to have evolved. Some fossils of Cambrian age show signs of the use of tools to carve a specimen for food.

That book covers lots of tropes that I love in a good story:

Mysterious setting on Earth in a "hidden in plain site" location in one of our last unexplored frontiers (Antartica)
Exploring ancient ruins that unlock keys to an unknown history
A rare adventure/horror setting
Creepy as hell as the story is revealed to you rather than told

For me this would be an epic 3+ hour movie for it to work, and I would love actors with gravitas to play the roles and the locations to be as real as possible with minimal CG effects. Make the "Elders" appear more like the shark in Jaws where you don't necessarily see them but know when they have a presence. It would be creepy enough to see the blind giant penguins or whatever that they used for cattle and food.

EDIT: I think movies like Prometheus tried to tap into some of these subjects but couldn't stick the landing. I did like the idea Ridley put forth about how we went to go meet "God" and god basically ripped our heads off and was trying to kill us the whole time lol.

chazoe60
03-12-2020, 08:54 AM
For original movies, pretty much anything from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/WritingPrompts/

As far as a movie I'd like to see, I would LOVE if someone could do a proper At The Mountains of Madness (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At_the_Mountains_of_Madness) movie.

Plot Summary: The story is recalled in a first-person perspective by the geologist William Dyer, a professor at Arkham's Miskatonic University, in the hope to prevent an important and much publicized scientific expedition to Antarctica. Throughout the course of his explanation, Dyer relates how he led a group of scholars from Miskatonic University on a previous expedition to Antarctica, during which they discovered ancient ruins and a dangerous secret, beyond a range of mountains higher than the Himalayas.

A small advance group, led by Professor Lake, discovers the remains of fourteen prehistoric life-forms, previously unknown to science, and also unidentifiable as either plants or animals. Six of the specimens have been badly damaged, while another eight have been preserved in pristine condition. The specimens' stratum places them far too early on the geologic time scale for the features of the specimens to have evolved. Some fossils of Cambrian age show signs of the use of tools to carve a specimen for food.

That book covers lots of tropes that I love in a good story:

Mysterious setting on Earth in a "hidden in plain site" location in one of our last unexplored frontiers (Antartica)
Exploring ancient ruins that unlock keys to an unknown history
A rare adventure/horror setting
Creepy as hell as the story is revealed to you rather than told

For me this would be an epic 3+ hour movie for it to work, and I would love actors with gravitas to play the roles and the locations to be as real as possible with minimal CG effects. Make the "Elders" appear more like the shark in Jaws where you don't necessarily see them but know when they have a presence. It would be creepy enough to see the blind giant penguins or whatever that they used for cattle and food.

Nice work Shake.

Couple of questions.
Do you have any particular actors in mind for any particular roles?

Also, what about two 2hr movies instead of one 3hr movie. Sometimes I like that. I think the recent It franchise nailed it. Of course that one is a little different than most because there is a definitive time break between the two.

MasterShake
03-12-2020, 09:19 AM
Nice work Shake.

Couple of questions.
Do you have any particular actors in mind for any particular roles?

Also, what about two 2hr movies instead of one 3hr movie. Sometimes I like that. I think the recent It franchise nailed it. Of course that one is a little different than most because there is a definitive time break between the two.

Movies split up would be fine as long as I got an ultimate edition BluRay eventually! Ideally I would like it to be a limited run TV series on HBO or something like the fantastic Watchmen series they just did, but we are talking movies here.

The only actor that springs to mind would be Gary Oldman as the main geologist William Dyer. Cilian Murphy (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0614165/), Damian Lewis (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0507073/), and other strong character actors can fill out the rest. We need gravitas for a movie like this! No A-List pretty boys.

Northman
03-12-2020, 09:22 AM
I know i posted this some years ago somewhere on here but i would like to see a 3rd film to the Cannonball Run franchise. Obviously Reynolds and Deluise wouldnt be back (as many others) but if i had to make a list of actors/actresses i would like to see paired up in the film it would probably play out like this.

Christian Bale
Ryan Reynolds

Margot Robbie
Mila Kunis

Peyton Manning
Bradley Cooper

Daniel Radcliffe
Mark Ruffalo

Jason Statham
Anna Kendrick

Byung Hun Lee
Idris Elba

Those are just some off the top of my head. I really enjoyed the movies when i was younger (even now i go back to them occasionally). But i miss the days of stuff like this (and The Gumball Rally).

chazoe60
03-12-2020, 09:36 AM
I typically do not like reboots but I would love a Flash Gordon reboot.

Denis Villeneuve to direct
Deakins as cinematographer obviously

Chris Pine as Flash
ScarJo as Dale
Daniel Day Lewis as Ming. I know this would never happen but holy shit how amazing would DDL be as Ming the Merciless?
Charlie Day as Dr. Hans Zarkov
Jared Leto as Prince Brian
Tom Hardy as Vultan. (ripped up Bane version of Hardy)
Alan Tudyk as Klytus

Northman
03-12-2020, 09:40 AM
Lewis would knock that out of the park.

MasterShake
03-12-2020, 10:18 AM
I typically do not like reboots but I would love a Flash Gordon reboot.

Denis Villeneuve to direct
Deakins as cinematographer obviously

Chris Pine as Flash
ScarJo as Dale
Daniel Day Lewis as Ming. I know this would never happen but holy shit how amazing would DDL be as Ming the Merciless?
Charlie Day as Dr. Hans Zarkov
Jared Leto as Prince Brian
Tom Hardy as Vultan. (ripped up Bane version of Hardy)
Alan Tudyk as Klytus

I'll watch anything Denis Villeneuve. I'm reading through Dune again because he is currently working on that movie, that is how much I love his work.

Poet
03-12-2020, 12:20 PM
Redwall. I loved those books as a child.

MasterShake
03-12-2020, 12:24 PM
Redwall. I loved those books as a child.

That the mouse warrior books or something? My son reads those right now.

Poet
03-12-2020, 12:50 PM
That the mouse warrior books or something? My son reads those right now.

Martin the Warrior. It's a world built as well as anything in fantasy fiction. When I was a youngster and motivated, I could read one of those a day, usually in three hours or under. I read each book at least once or twice. I remember I'd bring a blanket to the window seat, a snack, and would just read for hours. Then I would write my own short stories and try to create. Those were good times. Such good times that I treasure.

MOtorboat
03-12-2020, 01:01 PM
I would love to see a big budget Redwall. I think there’s a cartoon version of it out there.

Northman
03-12-2020, 02:11 PM
I actually wouldnt mind seeing a live action (like Jungle Book) of Riki Tiki Tavi. Im just not sure how much they could extend it as it was a pretty short cartoon but that would be kind of awesome as i always loved that cartoon and story.

chazoe60
03-20-2020, 03:36 PM
I always thought the story of a WW2 POW camp holding their own makeshift Olympics could be turned into a good movie.

https://www.history.com/news/the-olympics-held-behind-nazi-barbed-wire

The German camp commanders, perhaps recalling their country’s own athletic and propaganda triumph at the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin, agreed to the request although they prohibited the captives from staging fencing, archery, javelin and pole vault competitions for obvious security reasons.

dogfish
01-29-2023, 02:22 PM
One of my favorite writers is Christopher Moore. Years ago, Disney bought the rights to his first book, Practical Demon-keeping, with the intent to have Tim Burton direct the movie. Burton isn't with Disney anymore, so it will likely never happen, but damn I would love to see it.

slim
01-30-2023, 08:14 PM
Gilligan’s Island

Director: Todd Phillips
Gilligan: Joaquin Phoenix
Ginger: Isla Fisher
Mary Ann: Lady Gaga
The Professor: Russel Crowe
The Skipper: Brian Cox
Thurston Howell: John Michael Higgins
Mrs. Howell: Julianne Moore

Hawgdriver