PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is wrong with our fans?

Dman444
09-20-2009, 04:41 PM
WTF are we doing booing Orton after every incompletion?

It's ridiculous.

nbenallo33
09-20-2009, 04:45 PM
i know they are ******* retarted.. .would they rather have him throw a pick like cutler

honz
09-20-2009, 04:46 PM
LOL. Seriously. He had just led a nice drive into FG range and was about to get nauled by two Browns...smart thing was to throw it away.

shank
09-20-2009, 04:46 PM
i'm a little disappointed in them. we're supposed to be a smarter fanbase than that.

broncophan
09-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Terrible!!!!!!!!!!!...fans should know better...

Not to stir up anything......but it wasn't long ago when fans were booing another qb when the team was 7-4...........and our defense was playing outstanding......keeping us in games.............I'm just sayin'..........

gobroncsnv
09-20-2009, 04:53 PM
Maybe they're booing Harris... lot of pressure coming in from the right side. Orton's doing the smart thing by getting rid of the ball, or throwing what he reads as the hotter of the options on the routes that are called.
He's thrown a few nice deep balls today, led Stokes quite nicely on a couple of catch and runs... Orton's playing a good game today. But a lot of the boo-ers don't know how to watch the game, just see the qb throwing the ball where the receiver ain't, and don't account for what else happens on the play. I'll take incomplete vs int everytime.

RunYouOver
09-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Really, Really embarrassing

Benetto
09-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Im not the biggest Orton fan myself...but that is absolutely ridiculous..

Northman
09-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Yea, im not able to watch the game but i guess it was more exciting when we were down 30 points and losing.

Tned
09-20-2009, 05:15 PM
There has been a lot of booing the last 3-4 years by Denver fans of their own players. I'm not a fan of fans booing their team.

milehigh
09-20-2009, 06:14 PM
The one thing I will say is don't generalize I am guessing not everyone was booing Orton, just some impatient fans. I wasn't booing Orton when I went to the blue and white scrimmage at Mile High because I know this offense is complicated and a big work in progress.

EDIT: In fact the same people booing Orton and Prater at the scrimmage were yelling at Kenny McKingley calling him Knowshon Moreno. I had to inform them that he hadn't even signed yet and wasn't there. Not all Bronco fans are as passionate and knowledgeable as the people that post on this site keep that in mind.

Slick
09-20-2009, 06:22 PM
i'm a little disappointed in them. we're supposed to be a smarter fanbase than that.

It's the transplants.

milehigh
09-20-2009, 06:28 PM
It's the transplants.

And a lot of people with deep pockets that aren't even big bronco fans just have nothing else to do.

I went to the Raider/Bronco game last year and on a 4th down (which ended up being our only touchdown that game) I was up and cheering, this couple behind me told me to sit down. I waited untill after Hillis scored and I turned around more disappointed than upset and said, "If you wanted to sit and watch the game you could of stayed at home! I came to cheer on my favorite team!"

sneakers
09-20-2009, 06:57 PM
I was booing the wide reciever for not catching the ball

AlWilsonizKING
09-20-2009, 06:58 PM
And a lot of people with deep pockets that aren't even big bronco fans just have nothing else to do.

I went to the Raider/Bronco game last year and on a 4th down (which ended up being our only touchdown that game) I was up and cheering, this couple behind me told me to sit down. I waited untill after Hillis scored and I turned around more disappointed than upset and said, "If you wanted to sit and watch the game you could of stayed at home! I came to cheer on my favorite team!"

Yeah I usually get "the glares" when I start stomping and yelling to get the D pumped. I usually tell people...that's why they built the stands they way they did....ROCKY MOUNTIAN THUNDER PEOPLE!

PEACE!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-20-2009, 07:01 PM

Those booing are the ones upset with Cutler not being here anymore, the firing of Shanahan, etc., etc., etc.:tsk: They are making themselves look very stupid. I can see a major improvement on the defense, special teams, and each week the offense improves. Gary Miller ask Kyle why the offense looked so much better in the second half, and Kyle said that there were many adjustments made at halftime - it is one thing to talk about making adjustments at halftime, vs following thru on those adjustments.

CrazyHorse
09-20-2009, 07:01 PM
They still miss Cutler. He beat the Superbowl Champs.

Slick
09-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Yeah I usually get "the glares" when I start stomping and yelling to get the D pumped. I usually tell people...that's why they built the stands they way they did....ROCKY MOUNTIAN THUNDER PEOPLE!

PEACE!!!

Remember the way the old place used to shake? Loved it.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-20-2009, 07:03 PM
They still miss Cutler. He beat the Superbowl Champs.

All by himself??????? He only threw for 236 yards. They are talking about the game now, and they said the major difference in the Pit/Chi game was that Polamalu was not on the field.

Yorkshire_Bronco
09-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Kinda defies the term 'supporter' but hey if the Colts don't shut out Miami. Our D :defense: has the lowest points against :beer:

And I'm happy for Kyle to continue to play it safe.
:salute: :salute: :salute:

Tned
09-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Those booing are the ones upset with Cutler not being here anymore, the firing of Shanahan, etc., etc., etc.:tsk: They are making themselves look very stupid. I can see a major improvement on the defense, special teams, and each week the offense improves. Gary Miller ask Kyle why the offense looked so much better in the second half, and Kyle said that there were many adjustments made at halftime - it is one thing to talk about making adjustments at halftime, vs following thru on those adjustments.

Who were the fans booing last year? What about the fans booing in '05 and '06?

I think it is a bit of an oversimplification to say it is just fans that are upset about Cutler and Shanahan.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Who were the fans booing last year? What about the fans booing in '05 and '06?

I think it is a bit of an oversimplification to say it is just fans that are upset about Cutler and Shanahan.

Not really - I hear many things daily on sports talk shows - the ones booing now are for the reasons I stated, and it is mainly because Cutler is not here now.

Tned
09-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Not really - I hear many things daily on sports talk shows - the ones booing now are for the reasons I stated, and it is mainly because Cutler is not here now.

So, considering that booing has become almost routine at Invesco over the last few years, you don't think it had anything to do with the fact that through much of the game Orton had a 40% completion rate?

claymore
09-20-2009, 07:15 PM
I think its from the absolute boredome and our own QB looking like a a POS.

CrazyHorse
09-20-2009, 07:18 PM
I think its from the absolute boredome and our own QB looking like a a POS.

But Clay were 2-0. You should be happy.

Northman
09-20-2009, 07:20 PM

Your not? My god some of you are idiots.

claymore
09-20-2009, 07:20 PM

I was happy last year, and thought we were a better team/

Defense....... Shit......... I think the defense is in a different universe.

CrazyHorse
09-20-2009, 07:21 PM

I'm very happy!

claymore
09-20-2009, 07:22 PM

And some of you............. believe. Nothing wrong with that.

Northman
09-20-2009, 07:25 PM
And some of you............. believe. Nothing wrong with that.

All i can say is if you dont believe or dont like it why are you here? Seriously? Why troll a Bronco board when people are trying to enjoy a 2-0 start? Are you really happy to have stooped so low? Im truly shocked by you man.

NameUsedBefore
09-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Well, it could have been because up until that point the offense had been anemic.

gregbroncs
09-20-2009, 07:29 PM
I think its from the absolute boredome and our own QB looking like a a POS.Not quite. Though 2 games he has not thrown a single interception and had some really nice passes today.

The fans booing those incompletions were stupid. That was Orton's only responsible play. If Cutler had been here those are almost guaranteed INT's.

I'm not thrilled with Orton's play but don't kid yourself about Cutler's decision making while under pressure. There was no receiver's open and Orton made the smart play that I never saw Cutler make.

SR
09-20-2009, 07:31 PM
All i can say is if you dont believe or dont like it why are you here? Seriously? Why troll a Bronco board when people are trying to enjoy a 2-0 start? Are you really happy to have stooped so low? Im truly shocked by you man.

He has gone off the DEEP end. He is so blinded by the offseason moves and drama that his hatred for what happened overshadows his being a fan of the Broncos. It's really sad.

Northman
09-20-2009, 07:34 PM
He has gone off the DEEP end. He is so blinded by the offseason moves and drama that his hatred for what happened overshadows his being a fan of the Broncos. It's really sad.

Very disappointing. He's a good guy but man.

Tned
09-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Well, it could have been because up until that point the offense had been anemic.

I get disgusted at fans booing. I was disgusted when they boo'd Plummer, I was pissed when they boo'd Cutler, and am ashamed when they are boo'ing Orton.

I just don't believe fans should boo their team. Their job is to encourage their team, and make it hard for the opposing offense to function.

That said, I think if you want to come up with a reason why people boo'd, you nailed it.

Tned
09-20-2009, 07:39 PM

Hey, I'm sitting here with a shit eating grin on my face with this 2-0 start, the defensive dominance that has carried the offense. I don't think a script could have been written much better than a 2-0 start going into Oak, where we will hopefully hit the tough part of our schedule with a 3-0 start.

My goal still is to win the division and get in the playoffs.

That said, I understand some of the angry people, because there have been a number of people trolling the message board for months and months now, attacking anyone that didn't gush over McDaniels, that didn't attack Cutler and didn't gush over Orton.

When you have people getting nasty and trolling for so many months, then some people are going to take the same approach in the other direction.

Northman
09-20-2009, 07:44 PM
That said, I understand some of the angry people, because there have been a number of people trolling the message board for months and months now, attacking anyone that didn't gush over McDaniels, that didn't attack Cutler and didn't gush over Orton.

When you have people getting nasty and trolling for so many months, then some people are going to take the same approach in the other direction.

Getting into debates over offseason moves is one thing but not trolling. Trolling the boards when the team is 2-0 and winning is classless. I disagree with you hear 100%.

Tned
09-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Getting into debates over offseason moves is one thing but not trolling. Trolling the boards when the team is 2-0 and winning is classless. I disagree with you hear 100%.

There was some nasty trolling going on all offseason. I'm not defending anything, but at the same time I can understand why some people are bitter. A lot of our fans on both sides of the debates have failed to keep class in their posting styles.

SR
09-20-2009, 07:58 PM
There was some nasty trolling going on all offseason. I'm not defending anything, but at the same time I can understand why some people are bitter. A lot of our fans on both sides of the debates have failed to keep class in their posting styles.

For clay, I think it's more of a pride thing about his hatred for McD and Orton.

BroncoWave
09-20-2009, 08:00 PM
For clay, I think it's more of a pride thing about his hatred for McD and Orton.

Yep, he rooted himself so deep in his McD sucks/Orton sucks stance in the offseason he's rather be proven right than admit that he was wrong and enjoy the early season success.

SR
09-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Yep, he rooted himself so deep in his McD sucks/Orton sucks stance in the offseason he's rather be proven right than admit that he was wrong and enjoy the early season success.

Bingo.

Tned
09-20-2009, 08:08 PM

Well, I don't have a dog in this fight (kind of punnish considering my avvy), as I neither hate nor love McD. I am on record for thinking he has made some mistakes (which Bowlen has also said, so we don't need to debate that), but also done some great things getting this team ready, through camp and such.

McDaniels is the coach of 'my' team.
Orton is the QB of 'my' team.

I'm going to root for both of them, hope we go to the playoffs in this year, and that McDaniels continues the success the Broncos have had the last 25 years, but I will also point out mistakes that are made by them, as well as other players on the team.

I am a fan, but try not to be blinded by my fandom, either in terms of ignoring negatives or thinking every one of our players and coaches is the best in the league.

Superchop 7
09-20-2009, 08:11 PM
They were boo-ing because they could see that he had open receivers but didn't bother to look.

gregbroncs
09-20-2009, 08:20 PM
They were boo-ing because they could see that he had open receivers but didn't bother to look.didn't bother to look with 3 browns pretty much unblocked baring down on him. :confused:

Then they are even more ridiculous than I thought. Because from the TV angle he had no time to look for open receiver's because his 1st read was not open.

Dirk
09-21-2009, 05:55 AM
Yeah, it's never good to see the fans booing. It is embarrassing for me as well. I don't care how bad the Broncos play. I may get mad, but I never boo.

Also, don't over analyze Clay. He is a very stout Broncos fan from what I can tell.

frenchfan
09-21-2009, 06:10 AM
All by himself??????? He only threw for 236 yards. They are talking about the game now, and they said the major difference in the Pit/Chi game was that Polamalu was not on the field.And that Steelers missed 2 FG ;)

Don't get me wrong... Jay had a very good game...

Back to the topic, I understand boo only when your players quit and don't play with heart... Orton is may be not as talented as Jay, not a great QB, but as long as he will be in Orange & Blue and he will give all that he has for our team, he'll get my support (though I could be disappointed from time to time)...
Look.. His 1st game wasn't really good (he was man enough to admit it BTW), but he seemed to have made a really decent job yesterday...

As a fan, after the 1st game I would have told him "Hey man, you can play better than that... Come on... show us what you can do" rather than booing him...

claymore
09-21-2009, 07:28 AM

Bingo.

Orton sucks.

claymore
09-21-2009, 07:50 AM
All i can say is if you dont believe or dont like it why are you here? Seriously? Why troll a Bronco board when people are trying to enjoy a 2-0 start? Are you really happy to have stooped so low? Im truly shocked by you man.I do not believe. Im not going to blindly support decisions that I think are poor. I do not see how I was trolling.

Your wishy washy get pissed attitude about anyone who differs from your opinion is just as irritating.

Not quite. Though 2 games he has not thrown a single interception and had some really nice passes today.

The fans booing those incompletions were stupid. That was Orton's only responsible play. If Cutler had been here those are almost guaranteed INT's.

I'm not thrilled with Orton's play but don't kid yourself about Cutler's decision making while under pressure. There was no receiver's open and Orton made the smart play that I never saw Cutler make.
Cutler has nothing to do with this team, why do we gotta bring him up everytime someone dislikes Orton?

Blinded? 1 luck win, and beating the Browns at home does not equal a good team. Our defense is leaps and bounds above what it was last year. But our offense is leaps and bounds worse than last year. If it aint Orton, its the Offensive Coordinator, or the HC.

Again, I disagree with the majority of the board. How is that disapointing?

I get disgusted at fans booing. I was disgusted when they boo'd Plummer, I was pissed when they boo'd Cutler, and am ashamed when they are boo'ing Orton.

I just don't believe fans should boo their team. Their job is to encourage their team, and make it hard for the opposing offense to function.

That said, I think if you want to come up with a reason why people boo'd, you nailed it.
Fans Booing is the only voice they have. We spend allot of money on this shit. Good teams dont get boo'ed.

Hey, I'm sitting here with a shit eating grin on my face with this 2-0 start, the defensive dominance that has carried the offense. I don't think a script could have been written much better than a 2-0 start going into Oak, where we will hopefully hit the tough part of our schedule with a 3-0 start.

My goal still is to win the division and get in the playoffs.

Wins are nice, but I will wait to smile till we beat a good team.

Whatever troll.

Orton sucks.

Hell Yeah

GEM
09-21-2009, 09:33 AM
Alright it's getting pretty personal in here. Clay is not a troll, my goodness. Just because he isn't ecstatic doesn't mean he isn't a fan. He's just as invested in this team as anyone else on this board, just because he doesn't agree with the direction the team has gone doesn't make him any less of a fan or more of a troll.

It's a MESSAGE BOARD, full of OPINIONS. Yours is no better than anyone else's and no ones opinions are right or wrong. Nothing has been proven yet. If we go 8-0 and beat some really good teams and Clay is still going on the pessimistic tirade, then come back.

NO ONE's job here is to attack another, call anyone silly little names because their opinion is different.

Enough of the in-fighting already.

NightTrainLayne
09-21-2009, 10:28 AM
I was at the game yesterday, and I was sorely dissappointed in a LOT of the "fans" there.

The most prominent booing after a 3rd down Orton incompletion was totally uncalled for. The receivers were all well covered, and we were in FG position. Orton threw it away vs. risking an INT in a close game.

He got rewarded with boos from the fans which sucked imo, and then with a Prater miss which really sucked and brought boos down on Prater. Which I also disagreed with.

When the team left the field for half-time they were resoundingly booed.

I was furious. I asked very loudly (as there were some boo-birds behind us), "what the Hell are they booing? We're up 10-6! We're winning the G-D game and the team is getting booed. Ridiculous!"

I don't like booing at all by "fans". I don't ever participate in it, but I can at least kind of understand it when a team is getting their asses kicked. But when they are winning? Go someplace else.

Then, on top of that we had folks behind us asking us to sit down ON A DEFENSIVE THIRD DOWN! Buff made me proud. He let the complainers know that he was going to stand and cheer on a defensive third down. That he understood someone having a problem with standing the whole game, but that on a defensive third down, he was going to stand, and that basically any fan worth their salt would at the very least understand that, if not stand up themselves.

I really don't recognize anymore the "fans" that go to Mile High. They certainly aren't the same breed that sold out the stadium for a couple decades before the team even had a winning season. They aren't the breed that stuck with the team through three devastating Super Bowl losses.

No. This is a new breed of "fan", and one that I'm not very proud of.

Go ahead. Call me the fan police. :rolleyes:

claymore
09-21-2009, 10:35 AM
I was at the game yesterday, and I was sorely dissappointed in a LOT of the "fans" there.

The most prominent booing after a 3rd down Orton incompletion was totally uncalled for. The receivers were all well covered, and we were in FG position. Orton threw it away vs. risking an INT in a close game.

He got rewarded with boos from the fans which sucked imo, and then with a Prater miss which really sucked and brought boos down on Prater. Which I also disagreed with.

When the team left the field for half-time they were resoundingly booed.

I was furious. I asked very loudly (as there were some boo-birds behind us), "what the Hell are they booing? We're up 10-6! We're winning the G-D game and the team is getting booed. Ridiculous!"

I don't like booing at all by "fans". I don't ever participate in it, but I can at least kind of understand it when a team is getting their asses kicked. But when they are winning? Go someplace else.

Then, on top of that we had folks behind us asking us to sit down ON A DEFENSIVE THIRD DOWN! Buff made me proud. He let the complainers know that he was going to stand and cheer on a defensive third down. That he understood someone having a problem with standing the whole game, but that on a defensive third down, he was going to stand, and that basically any fan worth their salt would at the very least understand that, if not stand up themselves.

I really don't recognize anymore the "fans" that go to Mile High. They certainly aren't the same breed that sold out the stadium for a couple decades before the team even had a winning season. They aren't the breed that stuck with the team through three devastating Super Bowl losses.

No. This is a new breed of "fan", and one that I'm not very proud of.

Go ahead. Call me the fan police. :rolleyes:

The sitting thing makes me sick.

shank
09-21-2009, 10:43 AM
They were boo-ing because they could see that he had open receivers but didn't bother to look.

shannon sharpe commented during the game that no one was getting open downfield.

Kaylore
09-21-2009, 11:17 AM
It was upsetting to me too. The Receivers weren't getting open. Quite frankly I was a bit disappointed with the routes because a lot of them had players running into the coverage.

Orton and McDaniels know how to win football games. Statistically you are most likely to win football games when you do the following things on offense.

1. Win the turnover battle. This more than any other stat determines the winner.

2. Field position. Did you know field position has more to do with getting points than offensive yardage? It's true. Starting field position more directly translates into points than people think. Bottling up Cribbs was amazing and something last years' squad would have failed at.

3. Converting third downs. This is another stat that more directly translates to points than yardage. We converted 53% of our third downs - many on third and long. Those were HUGE and a big reason their defense wore down.

4. No negative plays. This means limiting penalties and sacks. False starts and holding calls can kill a drive and any momentum you've built. This means you need your team to be smart and aware of the circumstances at hand.

People want gaudy passing numbers, but those aren't really worth anything. Racking up a ton of passing yards usually means your defense isn't playing well and/or you're playing from behind.

McDaniels and Orton know this and they will win a lot of games building a team that is smart, tough and believes in the system.

claymore
09-21-2009, 11:21 AM
It was upsetting to me too. The Receivers weren't getting open. Quite frankly I was a bit disappointed with the routes because a lot of them had players running into the coverage.

Orton and McDaniels know how to win football games. Statistically you are most likely to win football games when you do the following things on offense.

1. Win the turnover battle. This more than any other stat determines the winner.

2. Field position. Did you know field position has more to do with getting points than offensive yardage? It's true. Starting field position more directly translates into points than people think. Bottling up Cribbs was amazing and something last years' squad would have failed at.

3. Converting third downs. This is another stat that more directly translates to points than yardage. We converted 53% of our third downs - many on third and long. Those were HUGE and a big reason their defense wore down.
4. No negative plays. This means limiting penalties and sacks. False starts and holding calls can kill a drive and any momentum you've built. This means you need your team to be smart and aware of the circumstances at hand.

People want gaudy passing numbers, but those aren't really worth anything. Racking up a ton of passing yards usually means your defense isn't playing well and/or you're playing from behind.

McDaniels and Orton know this and they will win a lot of games building a team that is smart, tough and believes in the system.

That was my single biggest bitch about the Bengals game.

T.K.O.
09-21-2009, 11:56 AM
i think you see that all over the country....when the owners all got together and decided to build all the luxury seating,boxes etc... and they started charging 150.00 bucks for average seats,20.00 parking,$8 dollar beers etc....
they squeezed the pockets of the average fan so tight that you get more corp.types and people who are more interested in "being seen at the game" than "being apart of the game"
i mean thousands of "fans"? go to the stadium and watch the games on big screens? or hang out bs'n and having cocktails.
i dont care what people do at the game but to boo your own team while they are bustin' butt to bring home a win (at the home opener),you should be cheering them on....:salute:

shank
09-21-2009, 12:13 PM

it was a big problem... but you can't possibly put those all on orton. he had several passes dropped on 3rd downs that were passed the marker and were catchable balls. then there was the no-call on stokely on the first drive. the only third down that had me yelling at orton is when he took the sack that took us out of FG range.

his pocket awareness this game seemed way better than it did against cincy though. i think we'll see improvement each game from orton, and less and less bitching from claymore until we are all happy again.

T.K.O.
09-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Alright it's getting pretty personal in here. Clay is not a troll, my goodness. Just because he isn't ecstatic doesn't mean he isn't a fan. He's just as invested in this team as anyone else on this board, just because he doesn't agree with the direction the team has gone doesn't make him any less of a fan or more of a troll.

It's a MESSAGE BOARD, full of OPINIONS. Yours is no better than anyone else's and no ones opinions are right or wrong. Nothing has been proven yet. If we go 8-0 and beat some really good teams and Clay is still going on the pessimistic tirade, then come back.

NO ONE's job here is to attack another, call anyone silly little names because their opinion is different.

Enough of the in-fighting already.

i used to think clay was kind of a "negative nelly",but after giving him more time and reading his posts i think i see that he ,like myself and alot of other fans,just knows that our offense was getting pretty damned good the last couple years and just needed a good defense to give them a shot at greatness.
jay would have settled down and not felt like he had to make every other play a td shot....(to keep up with the other teams ).
the only place i really disagree with some posters is that ....whats done is done and when your going into battle you can't sit around and whine about not having "chuck norris" on your side ,you just have to rally the troops you have and get in there and fight with the guys who have your back,and i want to be a fan who has my teams back regardless of the odds and if we are stuck with peewee herman instead of chuck..? well i say go pee wee kick some norris ass !!!!!!!
did that make any sense?
anyway in conclusion ,i see that clay bleeds orange and blue like the rest of us and :salute: him.
hopefully we will all look back in january.....dare i say february....dare DARE! and laugh and say well that worked out pretty good after all !

Day1BroncoFan
09-21-2009, 12:21 PM
i used to think clay was kind of a "negative nelly",but after giving him more time and reading his posts i think i see that he ,like myself and alot of other fans,just knows that our offense was getting pretty damned good the last couple years and just needed a good defense to give them a shot at greatness.
jay would have settled down and not felt like he had to make every other play a td shot....(to keep up with the other teams ).
the only place i really disagree with some posters is that ....whats done is done and when your going into battle you can't sit around and whine about not having "chuck norris" on your side ,you just have to rally the troops you have and get in there and fight with the guys who have your back,and i want to be a fan who has my teams back regardless of the odds and if we are stuck with peewee herman instead of chuck..? well i say go pee wee kick some norris ass !!!!!!!
did that make any sense?
anyway in conclusion ,i see that clay bleeds orange and blue like the rest of us and :salute: him.
hopefully we will all look back in january.....dare i say february....dare DARE! and laugh and say well that worked out pretty good after all !

Chuck is looking for you now. He has ears everywhere you know.

claymore
09-21-2009, 12:27 PM
it was a big problem... but you can't possibly put those all on orton. he had several passes dropped on 3rd downs that were passed the marker and were catchable balls. then there was the no-call on stokely on the first drive. the only third down that had me yelling at orton is when he took the sack that took us out of FG range.

his pocket awareness this game seemed way better than it did against cincy though. i think we'll see improvement each game from orton, and less and less bitching from claymore until we are all happy again.

I cannot put it all on Orton, and I wont try. He looks to be getting better as does the play calling.

If Orton can continue to get better, I will be happy.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-21-2009, 12:28 PM
I boo'd him cause he didn't throw to Kenny McKinlay!

shank
09-21-2009, 12:37 PM
i boo'd dream for not knowing how to spell mckinley

Kaylore
09-21-2009, 12:51 PM

I agree that was unacceptable. Also the lack of running the ball. But Clay, will you at least concede that McDaniels "fixed" those things this week? I mean every game this team plays in they get better at something the needed work from the previous week. We came in with a horrible defense and special teams and McDaniels has worked on that. In the preseason it was a lack of turnovers and turning over the ball too much. That got fixed. Last week it was poor third down offense, not running the ball well and obviously not nearly enough touchdowns. Those all improved significantly.

And you said that the offense is leaps and bounds worse. In the worthless stat of yardage, we definitely are. In the stat of turning the ball over we are much better, and in points scored, you know, the only stat on offense that really matters we are 18th, which is two spots down from our 16th last season. So it's really only a bit worse, and some of that is our entire offense learning a new system, as well as guys like Marshall and Moreno missing a lot of reps in practice. And we are getting better.

Now I agree that beating the Browns isn't the greatest test, but certainly a bad team, that you insist we are, would not have beat them by three touchdowns. We probably aren't world beaters but we're getting better and McDaniels has done a good job fixing the major problems that made us lose a lot of games last year. And ultimately if you win, what does it matter?

claymore
09-21-2009, 01:19 PM
I agree that was unacceptable. Also the lack of running the ball. But Clay, will you at least concede that McDaniels "fixed" those things this week? I mean every game this team plays in they get better at something the needed work from the previous week. We came in with a horrible defense and special teams and McDaniels has worked on that. In the preseason it was a lack of turnovers and turning over the ball too much. That got fixed. Last week it was poor third down offense, not running the ball well and obviously not nearly enough touchdowns. Those all improved significantly.

And you said that the offense is leaps and bounds worse. In the worthless stat of yardage, we definitely are. In the stat of turning the ball over we are much better, and in points scored, you know, the only stat on offense that really matters we are 18th, which is two spots down from our 16th last season. So it's really only a bit worse, and some of that is our entire offense learning a new system, as well as guys like Marshall and Moreno missing a lot of reps in practice. And we are getting better.

Now I agree that beating the Browns isn't the greatest test, but certainly a bad team, that you insist we are, would not have beat them by three touchdowns. We probably aren't world beaters but we're getting better and McDaniels has done a good job fixing the major problems that made us lose a lot of games last year. And ultimately if you win, what does it matter?
I will concede that we looked a hell of allot better. The third down conversion percentage alone made me happier.

JMCD might be a hell of alot better than I gave him credit for, and what Ive always hoped he was.

Ive said all along I hoped I was wrong, and would full gladly admit it if I was.

SR
09-21-2009, 01:53 PM
I do not believe. Im not going to blindly support decisions that I think are poor. I do not see how I was trolling.

Your wishy washy get pissed attitude about anyone who differs from your opinion is just as irritating.

Cutler has nothing to do with this team, why do we gotta bring him up everytime someone dislikes Orton?

Blinded? 1 luck win, and beating the Browns at home does not equal a good team. Our defense is leaps and bounds above what it was last year. But our offense is leaps and bounds worse than last year. If it aint Orton, its the Offensive Coordinator, or the HC.

Again, I disagree with the majority of the board. How is that disapointing?

Fans Booing is the only voice they have. We spend allot of money on this shit. Good teams dont get boo'ed.

Wins are nice, but I will wait to smile till we beat a good team.

Whatever troll.

Hell Yeah

So basically, the team is only worthy in your eyes if it's "good".

claymore
09-21-2009, 02:01 PM
So basically, the team is only worthy in your eyes if it's "good".

Never said that. But Im not going to pretend to be happy about moves I thought were retarded.

Nor will I attack members personally for thinking that the moves were logical.

I hate when we lose. I cant stand it. I dont ever want to lose ever. I think mistakes were made, but the sevarity of those mistakes might not have been as bad as I thought.

shank
09-21-2009, 02:04 PM
Never said that. But Im not going to pretend to be happy about moves I thought were retarded.

Nor will I attack members personally for thinking that the moves were logical.

I hate when we lose. I cant stand it. I dont ever want to lose ever. I think mistakes were made, but the sevarity of those mistakes might not have been as bad as I thought.

when all is said and done, there's actually a chance that those mistakes could end up being improvements.:salute:

:beer: here's to clay being wrong:beer:

claymore
09-21-2009, 02:08 PM
when all is said and done, there's actually a chance that those mistakes could end up being improvements.:salute:

:beer: here's to clay being wrong:beer:

I hope so. I will laugh if thats the case. I care so much, the Friday the Cutler trade rumors started I got a Migraine. :mad:

Slick
09-21-2009, 02:11 PM
I hope so. I will laugh if thats the case. I care so much, the Friday the Cutler trade rumors started I got a Migraine. :mad:

i had a shitty feeling in my stomach that day as well, I wasn't sure if it was from the roadside tacos, or the fact that we were taking/making calls. I still wouldn't have done that deal, but I've tried to remain as positive as I could about it. ...like I have a say in personnel moves anyways.

claymore
09-21-2009, 02:14 PM
i had a shitty feeling in my stomach that day as well, I wasn't sure if it was from the roadside tacos, or the fact that we were taking/making calls. I still wouldn't have done that deal, but I've tried to remain as positive as I could about it. ...like I have a say in personnel moves anyways.

I would have done many things different. Atwater would have never played for the Jets, Sharpe would have never played for the Ravens, Elway would have stayed an extra year, and Cutler would still be a Bronco.

Plenty of stuff I dont like. I guess I just didnt have internet access to bitch to people who care as much as me. :welcome:

Slick
09-21-2009, 02:18 PM
I would have done many things different. Atwater would have never played for the Jets, Sharpe would have never played for the Ravens, Elway would have stayed an extra year, and Cutler would still be a Bronco.

Plenty of stuff I dont like. I guess I just didnt have internet access to bitch to people who care as much as me. :welcome:

Since you opened the door...Ray Lewis instead of Mobley, Ed Reed instead of Ashley Lelie, Vince Woolfork instead of DJ Williams. I thought if I screamed loud enough at the TV, the picks would change in my favor. :lol:

Okay, I sound like Jrwiz, I'll stop now.

claymore
09-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Since you opened the door...Ray Lewis instead of Mobley, Ed Reed instead of Ashley Lelie, Vince Woolfork instead of DJ Williams. I thought if I screamed loud enough at the TV, the picks would change in my favor. :lol:

Okay, I sound like Jrwiz, I'll stop now.

LMAO, I was screaming Steven Jackson for the DJ Williams pick!

shank
09-21-2009, 02:27 PM
i was definitely screaming for steven jackson... oh well. it's not like DJ didn't work out coughleliecough

Thnikkaman
09-21-2009, 02:29 PM
You weren't there man. You weren't there. And we only booed him after that first 3 and out. He was playing much better afterwards.

T.K.O.
09-21-2009, 03:08 PM
even if they were "smart" plays or throw aways....some of those passes ,i was like what is he looking at? he looked like jamarcus russell a couple times.....phew!
but then we won and i dont care what else happened:D:salute:

SmilinAssasSin27
09-21-2009, 05:21 PM
I do believe that at least SOME of the booing came from some non-calls of pass interference.

SmilinAssasSin27
09-21-2009, 05:22 PM

And Griese never woulda thrown that INT.........

sacmar
09-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Give the guy a chance.....easy for people to boo a guy doing something they can't. Being dissappointed is one thing but support our guys...that or suit up and hit try outs next year.

MOtorboat
09-21-2009, 08:16 PM
...I didn't think it was as bad as it may have sounded on TV...but Orton made some really bad decisions and got lucky that none of those mistakes were thrown at any defenders. He had a few open guys that could have been big gains.

What pissed me off as someone who hasn't been to a game in 10 years...WTF is with the sitting down? :noidea:

Frau and Buff got told to sit down on the first possession of the game on THIRD DOWN!

MOtorboat
09-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Remember the way the old place used to shake? Loved it.

It still does...just not as much...unless that's just the upper deck. Still a totally awesome experience. The people that sat behind us left after like the first quarter, so Joe and Thnikka just sat up there so we could spread out, so no one complained about me standing. I was trying like hell to get people to stand up, but nothing...

honz
09-21-2009, 08:40 PM
It still does...just not as much...unless that's just the upper deck. Still a totally awesome experience. The people that sat behind us left after like the first quarter, so Joe and Thnikka just sat up there so we could spread out, so no one complained about me standing. I was trying like hell to get people to stand up, but nothing...
:insert midget joke here: :heh:

MOtorboat
09-21-2009, 08:49 PM
:insert midget joke here: :heh:

Oh trust me, Joe, Nut and Thnikka made a lot of them at that point...and there were a lot of them all weekend.

Slick
09-22-2009, 10:27 AM

I've seen a couple games at the new place, and it did shake, but it wasn't the same.

That sitting down stuff is ridiculous. I remember going to see Carolina/NY Giants with my Dad in Skank of America stadium in Charlotte several years ago. Same thing. People were telling others to sit down, quit yelling, stuff like that. Wine and cheese at it's finest.

Another night at a Hornets/Spurs game maybe the same year, Dad got me company tickets. I'm a big Spurs fan and I was cheering my ass off for David Robinson, my favorite player of all time, the old couple in front of me asked me to quiet down. I said, no way, I'm not cussing, I'm not drunk, I'm cheering my team. As the game wore on, other fans started giving me shit, but all in good fun. The old couple in front of me even got riled up from time to time, joined in heckling me as a fan of the opposition. After the game, the husband told me "Thanks. We haven't had that much fun at a game all season."

It's almost like they forgot what it was like to just let it hang out, and be a fan.

BigDaddyBronco
09-22-2009, 10:44 AM
It's sad.

You go to a game to enjoy the atmosphere and cheer on your team with other fans.

If you want to watch the game in entirety and analyze every play. Watch it at home and Tivo it and watch it two more times.

It's absolutely pathetic that European Soccer fans know how to do this but Americans don't. Well, except for HS and college sports.

blamkin86
09-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Hi all, first post. Been watching on Twitter and came off the sidelines for this one.

No disrespect to anyone, but I've noticed some fans (of any sport) don't really have any experience with athletic or any other competition. When a WR drops a pass, they say "Oh man what a screw up" when the reality is the pass was behind them, or the corner made a great play and knocked the ball loose.

The reality is, even well below the quality of play in the NFL, football and other athletics are a lot harder than many folks on the sideline can comprehend. How many folks really knew how hard it was for the Colt's D to be on the field that long last night?

Not excusing the fan behavior, but maybe shedding a little light on the black/white fan base that just sees everything as either fantastic or a screwup.

The reality is that there are far more shades of gray playing any game - and understanding those shades are what makes the phenomenal plays really stand out.

Slick
09-22-2009, 11:10 AM
Hi all, first post. Been watching on Twitter and came off the sidelines for this one.

No disrespect to anyone, but I've noticed some fans (of any sport) don't really have any experience with athletic or any other competition. When a WR drops a pass, they say "Oh man what a screw up" when the reality is the pass was behind them, or the corner made a great play and knocked the ball loose.

The reality is, even well below the quality of play in the NFL, football and other athletics are a lot harder than many folks on the sideline can comprehend. How many folks really knew how hard it was for the Colt's D to be on the field that long last night?

Not excusing the fan behavior, but maybe shedding a little light on the black/white fan base that just sees everything as either fantastic or a screwup.

The reality is that there are far more shades of gray playing any game - and understanding those shades are what makes the phenomenal plays really stand out.

:welcome: Nice first post.

NightTrainLayne
09-22-2009, 11:22 AM

I think you are right in saying that a lot of the boos come from "fans" who really don't understand what it takes to play in the NFL, but there's more to it, and I'm not sure I can really put my finger on it exactly.

I believe in the first half (it's gotten foggy due to alcohol consumption :D ), Orton hit Stokely right on the hands with a perfect throw which would have been automatically a first down, and Stokely had a lot of green in front of him. I think that may be part of why he dropped it. . .he looked upfield too quickly.

Anyways, that drop killed a drive. . . .but there were no boos. A lot of groans and curses, but not the resounding boos that Orton, and later the entire offense was receiving.

Why?

I guess folks just like Stokely because he's been around a few years, and performed well. But Orton couldn't buy a break the other day until we were up a couple of scores.

The Stokely play would be a perfect one for an uniformed, unknowing fan to boo at. But there were no boos.

I think it's more of a lot of fans that got angry, and want to "prove" that they know more than the coach and are going to boo anything that Orton does poorly, and boo the offense overall when they lay an egg.

That's as close as I can come to explaining it considering that Stokely didn't get any boos when he dropped that ball.

Thnikkaman
09-22-2009, 11:26 AM
I was also drunk. I do remember saying Doom very loudly and was being asked why I was booing. If I wasn't standing during a Defensive play, its because I was catching my breath.

And next year, I'm just going to bring a bottle of scotch and nurse on that all game.

Tempus Fugit
09-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Every fan base has its share of complete idiots.

blamkin86
09-22-2009, 11:39 AM
I think it's more of a lot of fans that got angry, and want to "prove" that they know more than the coach and are going to boo anything that Orton does poorly, and boo the offense overall when they lay an egg.

That's as close as I can come to explaining it considering that Stokely didn't get any boos when he dropped that ball.

I think that's a great explanation.

Additionally, I think folks are weary from the last couple of year's losses and disappointments at critical game moments. Some of those were Jay's attempts to make *something* happen that turned out to be ill-advised. Others were just bad defense - of course this is all MHO.

Add that weariness to all the changes this year and a lot of folks are just ripe to chime in.

I guess maybe it boils down to, while a lot of fans called Cutler a cry baby and root against him, they wanted to get a better QB in trade.

I'm totally pulling for Kyle and the Broncos this year, and I do believe we'll gel and get better offensively. But the deep threat and sharp passes went to Chicago, me thinks.

GEM
09-22-2009, 11:43 AM

Additionally, I think folks are weary from the last couple of year's losses and disappointments at critical game moments. Some of those were Jay's attempts to make *something* happen that turned out to be ill-advised. Others were just bad defense - of course this is all MHO.

Add that weariness to all the changes this year and a lot of folks are just ripe to chime in.

I guess maybe it boils down to, while a lot of fans called Cutler a cry baby and root against him, they wanted to get a better QB in trade.

I'm totally pulling for Kyle and the Broncos this year, and I do believe we'll gel and get better offensively. But the deep threat and sharp passes went to Chicago, me thinks.

Welcome to the Forums. :salute:

Day1BroncoFan
09-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Don't they understand that booing the Broncos is being the 12th man for the opponents?

Stupid fans. :tsk:

NightTrainLayne
09-22-2009, 11:50 AM

Forgive me for not welcoming you in the original post. Welcome to the board. :salute:

frauschieze
09-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Frau and Buff got told to sit down on the first possession of the game on THIRD DOWN!

You know what was beautiful about that? By the end of the first quarter, that guy was on his feet as often as I was. Every good play I got high fives from him. Enthusiasm is infectious. So is a lack thereof. Which is precisely why I'll stand on 3rd downs, on crucial drives, at any big play, pretty much any time I want to.

If I wanted to sit and watch the game, I'd have stayed home.

Asian Sushi 7
09-22-2009, 12:30 PM
I have great time at game. I sit with really good fans.

Thnikkaman
09-22-2009, 12:44 PM

What do you think of the throwback socks? You should have been at the tailgate with us. We would have shown you some good clean fun.

BroncoNut
09-22-2009, 01:12 PM

you should have stopped by our tailgate.

Asian Sushi 7
09-22-2009, 01:13 PM

Oh no. Much too shy.

FanInAZ
09-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Oh no. Much too shy.

That and the fact that it would give us a chance to confirm what we already know. Your a Caucasian male, not an Asian female.

Asian Sushi 7
09-22-2009, 01:27 PM
That and the fact that it would give us a chance to confirm what we already know. Your a Caucasian male, not an Asian female.

I think you dont know what you are talking about.

Slick
09-22-2009, 01:31 PM
I think you dont know what you are talking about.

Very good Danielsan. One apostrophe away from a perfect sentence. Digital Jim will be so proud.

Asian Sushi 7
09-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Very good Danielsan. One apostrophe away from a perfect sentence. Digital Jim will be so proud.

Sushi trying so hard to conform to pressures.

claymore
09-22-2009, 01:39 PM

Get her/him FAZ!

Asian Sushi 7
09-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Get her/him FAZ!

you make me very angry little man.

pnbronco
09-22-2009, 01:42 PM

Great first post and welcome....:welcome:

I remember in Mile High I would start to head out before the end of the game so I could walk by the field on the way out. It was amazing the intensity and speed of the game, plus how big everyone was. It was such a different feel than being in my seat.

I don't understand booing your team. I do understand that the last several years have been frustrating and it was a rough, rough off season. What I don't understand is why take it out on the guy that had nothing to do with any of it. Kyle is just trying to do his job.

I warn all the people around me that I get really loud. I also jump up the energizer bunny often. Bummed that all of you came to town when I was gone, but it sounded like you had a good time, maybe next year.

FanInAZ
09-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Get her/him FAZ!

I'm actually finding it a sporting challenge to bait him/her into slipping up.

Slick
09-22-2009, 01:52 PM

We miss you around here nut. Hope you're doing well.

BroncoNut
09-22-2009, 01:54 PM
We miss you around here nut. Hope you're doing well.

what's up Slick? I pop in now and again. Probably don't post as much.

Slick
09-22-2009, 02:00 PM
what's up Slick? I pop in now and again. Probably don't post as much.

Doin' well. I took a couple months off from the Forums. Now, work is slow so I've been spending more time here than I probably should.

You really need to grace us with your presence little more often.

Day1BroncoFan
09-22-2009, 02:17 PM
Topic please or leave. :tsk:

BroncoNut
09-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Liar.

Persistent rebuff of your advance has made you bitter.

hmm..

What did you think of the game on Sunday?

BroncoNut
09-22-2009, 02:19 PM

I don't know what's wrong with the fans. Probably just a symptom of societal ills.

FanInAZ
09-22-2009, 02:19 PM

I'm sorry. I was the one that started this thread off topic. I'll refrain from any further posting in it.

NightTrainLayne
09-22-2009, 02:21 PM
I did a little cleaning in here. Let's keep it on topic guys and gals, especially since this isn't the lounge.

Day1BroncoFan
09-22-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm sorry. I was the one that started this thread off topic. I'll refrain from any further posting in it.

I haven't been true to topic either so I'm including myself.

:focus:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2009, 02:23 PM

Thank you:salute:

claymore
09-22-2009, 02:26 PM

I did a little cleaning in here. Let's keep it on topic guys and gals, especially since this isn't the lounge.

I haven't been true to topic either so I'm including myself.

:focus:

Thank you:salute:

Thanks guys. :salute:

ursamajor
09-22-2009, 02:42 PM
All by himself??????? He only threw for 236 yards. They are talking about the game now, and they said the major difference in the Pit/Chi game was that Polamalu was not on the field.

and 2/3 of the Bears starting LB corps (Urlacher, Tinoisamoa) wasn't on the field either.

It is part of the game.

Oh yeah, Jay has beaten the Steelers with Polamalu on the field before. I work with a lot of Steelers fans, who didn't use that excuse.

GEM
09-22-2009, 02:49 PM
and 2/3 of the Bears starting LB corps (Urlacher, Tinoisamoa) wasn't on the field either.

It is part of the game.

Oh yeah, Jay has beaten the Steelers with Polamalu on the field before. I work with a lot of Steelers fans, who didn't use that excuse.

Everytime I see that ref's face, I can't stop laughing.

claymore
09-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Everytime I see that ref's face, I can't stop laughing.

He looks like dick vermiel.

honz
09-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Cutler was okay, but certainly not dominant in the process of putting up 17 points. Got a little lucky with Pitt missing two field goals and allowing him to be the hero by leading them into FG range for the win.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2009, 02:55 PM

It is part of the game.

Don't tell me about it - that was not me saying it, it was said by one of the people sitting in with Dungy and them after the game.

pnbronco
09-22-2009, 03:28 PM
URSA thanks for the sig of the ref knocking off Jay's helmet, that's really funny. I feel like I missed a lot this Sunday.

I was going to try to get back to topic, but since I can't think of anything....:rolleyes:

I don't boo my team. If I get really frustrated with them I do something else. I've even left a game early but I don't boo.

Day1BroncoFan
09-22-2009, 03:36 PM
I might boo my team if they really stunk it up after the game but not during the game.

I would never boo just because I don't like a player or because someone blew one play. Blow more than one play, maybe. Depends on the situation.

On the other hand I will cheer the hell out of good plays and try to be an effective 12th man force at the appropriate times.

claymore
09-22-2009, 03:37 PM
good teams dont get boo'ed.

Day1BroncoFan
09-22-2009, 03:39 PM

There are no good teams then.

CoachChaz
09-22-2009, 03:39 PM

Tell that to Philly fans

claymore
09-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Tell that to Philly fans

They defy logic. They dont even like Santa.

MOtorboat
09-22-2009, 03:49 PM

Fail.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2009, 03:59 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/video/?id=62256@kcnc.dayport.com

Day1BroncoFan
09-22-2009, 04:05 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/video/?id=62256@kcnc.dayport.com

Great video.