PDA

View Full Version : Android question

Rick
12-26-2019, 09:53 AM
Wife and I recently switched from iPhone to Samsung.

One thing that the wife misses is that when she would go into email, text, etc, unless she actually marked something as read the new message count would still show on the icon.

It doesn't do this on the Samsung, as soon as you open the mail the new message count goes away on the icon.

I actually prefer this but she really dislikes this.

Is there a way for her to make icons display all unread on the icon until all unread have been addressed?

Shazam!
12-26-2019, 09:55 AM
Is that the stock email app

Rick
12-26-2019, 10:29 AM
I think so but pretty sure its also text message app.

Shazam!
12-26-2019, 10:32 AM
Notification Settings in whatever App, mssg or email should be there. I havr an LG i coukd screemshot if u need

Davii
12-26-2019, 12:16 PM
Wife and I recently switched from iPhone to Samsung.

One thing that the wife misses is that when she would go into email, text, etc, unless she actually marked something as read the new message count would still show on the icon.

It doesn't do this on the Samsung, as soon as you open the mail the new message count goes away on the icon.

I actually prefer this but she really dislikes this.

Is there a way for her to make icons display all unread on the icon until all unread have been addressed?

I'm a little unsure what she's asking. Is she saying she wants individual emails she has read marked as unread?

She can mark as unread each time she opens. She can also download different mail apps, such as outlook, etc. And even sync her iCloud mail to the phone.

Let me know what exactly she's looking for and I'll try and help out.

BroncoWave
12-26-2019, 12:19 PM
I'm a little unsure what she's asking. Is she saying she wants individual emails she has read marked as unread?

She can mark as unread each time she opens. She can also download different mail apps, such as outlook, etc. And even sync her iCloud mail to the phone.

Let me know what exactly she's looking for and I'll try and help out.

I think she wants the little badge that shows up on top of the icon on your home screen that shows how many notifications that app has to not go away when you open the app but don't read all the messages.

Rick
12-26-2019, 12:20 PM
She wants it that when she clicks to open something, like text messenger app, and reads a message and then closes the app, the icon still shows that she has unread messages.

Davii
12-26-2019, 12:56 PM
She wants it that when she clicks to open something, like text messenger app, and reads a message and then closes the app, the icon still shows that she has unread messages.

Interesting, mine does that. If I have 3 unread and only open one of them it still shows new on the icon.

I've got the note 10 and I use Google Messages instead of Samsung's version.

Rick
12-26-2019, 01:11 PM
Interesting, mine does that. If I have 3 unread and only open one of them it still shows new on the icon.

I've got the note 10 and I use Google Messages instead of Samsung's version.

Ill have her check into that, she uses default app.

Shazam!
12-26-2019, 01:13 PM
I think theres a Selextion Keep as New in notification settings

Davii
12-26-2019, 01:28 PM

I think this is true as well. Can you give Rick the steps to get there?

Shazam!
12-26-2019, 01:30 PM

I think this is true as well. Can you give Rick the steps to get there?

I would think itd the same in whatever the app is, either text or email

App-Settings-Notification or Alert Settings