PDA

View Full Version : The Mandalorian Discussion Thread

BroncoWave
12-15-2019, 08:50 AM
This show keeps getting buried among movie talk in the Star Wars thread, so I'm starting a new one.

Things this thread is about:

The Mandalorian
Baby Yoda
Baby Yoda memes

Things this thread is not about:

Star Wars movies (unless they make a Mandalorian movie)
Feminist agendas
Disney ruining Star Wars

BroncoWave
12-15-2019, 08:52 AM
Finally got around to watching Chapter 6 last night. Damn that was a good one. The last couple might have hit a bit of a lull but this one had me gripped the whole way through.

Northman
12-15-2019, 09:05 AM
I havent been disappointed with any of the episodes.

BroncoWave
12-15-2019, 09:08 AM
I havent been disappointed with any of the episodes.

Same. Even the slower ones have still been great.

Valar Morghulis
12-15-2019, 09:54 AM
We don’t have Disney+ yet...... but I will be subscribing in April when it hits our shores

MOtorboat
12-15-2019, 10:14 AM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/671/703/fec.gif

MOtorboat
12-15-2019, 10:25 AM
So, I actually thought episode 6 was not one of the great ones. But when I say that, I don’t mean I dislike it at all. It drove the plot in two ways, it proved Mando is a bad ass even compared to other bounty hunters (which I think they actually did a poor job of highlighting early on) and told us LBY is smarter than we first may have thought. It also shows us that Mando is also learning the latter, and that LBY is more of a teammate in this than a dependent.

One problem (actual problem) I had with the episode is that none of these bounty hunters knew that the entire universe is now looking for Mando and LBY? Was that explained and I missed it? Were they not in the guild, because I swore they said they were at the beginning?

Northman
12-15-2019, 11:41 AM
It was explained but only after the bounty droid discovered the video recording in the archives.

Poet
12-15-2019, 12:07 PM
Bro, I am so ******* hype for that last episode. Baby Yoda was about

BroncoWave
12-15-2019, 04:17 PM
The only thing I didn't totally love in this one was that they redid the exact same scene where someone has a gun pointed at baby Yoda and they get shot right before they pull the trigger. Was cool the first time, now he just seems unrealistically lucky to still be alive.

Poet
12-15-2019, 04:18 PM
The only thing I didn't totally love in this one was that they redid the exact same scene where someone has a gun pointed at baby Yoda and they get shot right before they pull the trigger. Was cool the first time, now he just seems unrealistically lucky to still be alive.

Except he was about to:

MOtorboat
12-15-2019, 04:18 PM

Gonna give someone a heart attack!

MOtorboat
12-15-2019, 04:19 PM
It was explained but only after the bounty droid discovered the video recording in the archives.

But why didn’t they know before that? The whole universe knew, but he managed to find the one set of bounties that had no clue?

BroncoWave
12-15-2019, 04:20 PM
Except he was about to:

Yeah I would have loved that scene way more if baby Yoda had wasted that robot himself.

Poet
12-15-2019, 04:45 PM
Yeah I would have loved that scene way more if baby Yoda had wasted that robot himself.

I feel you. We know he's uber powerful. Or we are at least led to believe that.

Poet
12-15-2019, 04:46 PM
But why didn’t they know before that? The whole universe knew, but he managed to find the one set of bounties that had no clue?

The way it was presented to me makes me think that the news is spreading. We also know from episode five that it's not a given that you see a Mandolorian and that it would be our beloved Mando.

BroncoWave
12-15-2019, 06:23 PM
The way it was presented to me makes me think that the news is spreading. We also know from episode five that it's not a given that you see a Mandolorian and that it would be our beloved Mando.

This is kinda the way I see it as well. News that is spreading moreso than something that everyone already knows. It's a big galaxy.

Poet
12-15-2019, 06:30 PM
This is kinda the way I see it as well. News that is spreading moreso than something that everyone already knows. It's a big galaxy.

It could have been presented better. IDK, it's so advanced but they don't have anything comparable to the internet.

Northman
12-15-2019, 10:36 PM

Im with you there.

MOtorboat
12-15-2019, 11:05 PM
Im with you there.

...and they just happened to be his buddies...

Poet
12-16-2019, 12:50 AM
...and they just happened to be his buddies...

Eh, not everyone knows. In episode five that one chick said there were some rumors. That's it. And it wasn't certain that Mando was the one.

MOtorboat
12-16-2019, 12:58 AM
Eh, not everyone knows. In episode five that one chick said there were some rumors. That's it. And it wasn't certain that Mando was the one.

Look. I love this. It's brilliant. And I'm fully willing to suspend some belief. But I'm not buying that everyone he comes in contact with just happens to not know the hot gossip!

Poet
12-16-2019, 01:00 AM
Look. I love this. It's brilliant. And I'm fully willing to suspend some belief. But I'm not buying that everyone he comes in contact with just happens to not know the hot gossip!

It's a big universe fam. There's no internet in this shit.

Timmy!
12-16-2019, 02:00 AM
I hope baby Yoda is killed and eaten by wolves.

Valar Morghulis
12-16-2019, 02:02 AM

He would rise from the wolf turds and exact revenge

Timmy!
12-16-2019, 02:03 AM
He would rise from the wolf turds and exact revenge

Now that's a good series.

#shitmonster

Poet
12-16-2019, 11:19 AM
Baby Yoda is beloved. Have more respect for the beliefs of billions of Baby Yoda fans.

chazoe60
12-16-2019, 11:21 AM
Loved the Bill Burr cameo. Is it technically a cameo if he's a main character in one full episode or is cameo just a one or two line thing? I'm so full of questions, because I know so little.

MOtorboat
12-16-2019, 11:22 AM

This makes me love him more.

Thanks, Timmy!

BroncoWave
12-16-2019, 11:23 AM
Loved the Bill Burr cameo. Is it technically a cameo if he's a main character in one full episode or is cameo just a one or two line thing? I'm so full of questions, because I know so little.

I'd say it's fair to call it a cameo if it's just for one episode, although it seems like we might not have seen the last of that crew.

Buff
12-16-2019, 11:47 AM
Do you guys ever feel stupid for getting really invested in breaking down children's movies?

BroncoWave
12-16-2019, 11:49 AM
Do you guys ever feel stupid for getting really invested in breaking down children's movies?

Do you ever feel stupid getting really invested in breaking down grown men throwing around a ball?

MOtorboat
12-16-2019, 11:51 AM

**** loser.

Buff
12-16-2019, 11:53 AM
Do you ever feel stupid getting really invested in breaking down grown men throwing around a ball?

Yes! I feel ridiculous for being emotionally invested in a children's game.

Northman
12-16-2019, 11:53 AM

I say that every time you have a meltdown about the children's movie taking place in the White House.

BroncoWave
12-16-2019, 11:54 AM
Yes! I feel ridiculous for being emotionally invested in a child's game.

But you are, so you don't get to make fun of people who do the same shit with movies. GFY.

Poet
12-16-2019, 11:55 AM

I've spent the past decade talking to a guy with no muscles named Buff, while naming myself King.

So no.

underrated29
12-16-2019, 11:59 AM
So I think the episodes are too short. It almost feels like a bunch of side missions one does when playing an RPG game. I still really like the show. It is great!! Just wish they were a bit longer or had a bit more to them.

MOtorboat
12-16-2019, 12:00 PM
We have won UR! We will get you someday, Buff!

Northman
12-16-2019, 12:04 PM
So I think the episodes are too short. It almost feels like a bunch of side missions one does when playing an RPG game. I still really like the show. It is great!! Just wish they were a bit longer or had a bit more to them.

I do agree with this as i think the episodes would be a bit better if they were around 40 minutes to an hour long. I would have liked to see them a little more fleshed out.

underrated29
12-16-2019, 12:06 PM
Question as I keep looking for him and do not see him.

When or where do you think we will see John Favrau Or however the hell he spells his name? He is in all of his movies, even as a subtle nothing character (Iron man, avengers. One of the main characters in couples retreat)

Shazam!
12-16-2019, 12:09 PM

Star Wars wasnt for kids.

MOtorboat
12-16-2019, 12:13 PM
Star Wars wasnt for kids.

George Lucas has repeatedly said they were intended for kids.

Northman
12-16-2019, 12:18 PM
Just got an email saying a new episode will show up this Weds. Yes!

MOtorboat
12-16-2019, 12:19 PM
Just got an email saying a new episode will show up this Weds. Yes!

Getting in before the movie release, I imagine.

No spoilers in here, guys, alright! I can’t see the movie until Monday.

chazoe60
12-16-2019, 12:25 PM
Getting in before the movie release, I imagine.

No spoilers in here, guys, alright! I can’t see the movie until Monday.

I'll PM you. :laugh::laugh:

MOtorboat
12-16-2019, 12:26 PM
I'll PM you. :laugh::laugh:

I’ll ******* drive to Rifle to kick your shin.

chazoe60
12-16-2019, 12:30 PM
I’ll ******* drive to Rifle to kick your shin.

You don't actually think you're deterring me do you?

MOtorboat
12-16-2019, 12:31 PM
You don't actually think you're deterring me do you?

Well, I hope it’s not an emergency now. Because I’m not opening any of your PMs until after I see the movie now. See what you’ve done?

chazoe60
12-16-2019, 12:31 PM
I can't remember who, I think it might have been Frey, PMed me SW spoilers because he was mad at me but he didn't know I had already seen the movie. Classic.

chazoe60
12-16-2019, 12:32 PM
Well, I hope it’s not an emergency now. Because I’m not opening any of your PMs until after I see the movie now. See what you’ve done?

If it's a real emergency I'll label it EMERGENCY! ;)

Northman
12-16-2019, 12:34 PM
He's sucking you in MO, dont fall for it.

NightTrainLayne
12-16-2019, 12:35 PM
He sure doesn't seem to care much for the Child the way he just leaves him alone in a dangerous universe with the entire bounty hunter's guild chasing after him. . .

You'd think he'd exercise a little more care and caution with something/someone so important.

chazoe60
12-16-2019, 12:37 PM
He sure doesn't seem to care much for the Child the way he just leaves him alone in a dangerous universe with the entire bounty hunter's guild chasing after him. . .

You'd think he'd exercise a little more care and caution with something/someone so important.

Yes, I always feel a great deal of anxiety with that. I keep telling my wife whenever we watch an episode that Mando needs to be more ******* careful. He's like the dad that leaves the car seat on the roof of the car.

Poet
12-16-2019, 12:39 PM

He's doing the best that he can, NTL. It's the best that he knows. Isn't that what (asking seriously here) most parents do?

NightTrainLayne
12-16-2019, 12:40 PM
Yes, I always feel a great deal of anxiety with that. I keep telling my wife whenever we watch an episode that Mando needs to be more ******* careful. He's like the dad that leaves the car seat on the roof of the car.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohzdSeMlBEkUkSSYg/giphy.gif

underrated29
12-16-2019, 12:40 PM
Well, we know that Yoda is that important. He does not.
He just knows its a 50 year old baby and he did not want it tortured and killed- he having a remnants of his own past.

The show has not told us how important Yoda is. We only know because we have seen star wars and because of the large bounty on Yoda and all the heat he is getting for having him.

MOtorboat
12-16-2019, 12:41 PM

I’m waiting for LBY to go all Force on someone besides a giant rhinoceros. It’s coming.

chazoe60
12-16-2019, 12:44 PM
I’m waiting for LBY to go all Force on someone besides a giant rhinoceros. It’s coming.
I think you bring up a good point in Mando's defense, whether it was your intent or not. Mando might be so lax as a guardian because he has afterall witnessed the lil fella lift a rhino with his mind.

Poet
Burg having his horns crushed off is so ******* funny to me.

BroncoWave

Yeah I need him to waste a bad guy soon. They really dick teased us with that robot.

MOtorboat
12-16-2019, 12:49 PM
I think you bring up a good point in Mando's defense, whether it was your intent or not. Mando might be so lax as a guardian because he has afterall witnessed the lil fella lift a rhino with his mind.

Against my argument, however: We’re clearly operating in an era and area of the galaxy where the Force is not well known.

NightTrainLayne
12-16-2019, 12:54 PM
He's doing the best that he can, NTL. It's the best that he knows. Isn't that what (asking seriously here) most parents do?

He doesn't even exercise the type of care you'd think he would with a normal bounty, much less something more important, like a parent would a child.

Poet
12-16-2019, 12:58 PM
He doesn't even exercise the type of care you'd think he would with a normal bounty, much less something more important, like a parent would a child.

He travels quickly across the galaxy in an armored ship and hides the kid. He's not good at parenting. Doesn't mean he doesn't care. I've seen, with my own eyes, drug addicts and deeply disturbed people love their children even though they, the parent, are big **** ups. In episode five he couldn't take the kid with him during the mission. This time around he tried to hide the kid; it's not like the ship is fitted to care for a kidlet.

underrated29
12-16-2019, 01:24 PM
Against my argument, however: We’re clearly operating in an era and area of the galaxy where the Force is not well known.

Is it even known at all?
From the original first star wars it seemed like it was relatively unknown throughout.

Being that this is at minimum 500 years? Well shoot. I think we found a plot hole. If Yoda is 50 years old now. But in REturn of the Jedi Yoda is like 800 years old..We had a cameo of Bobba Fett in Episode two or three, yet Bobba Fett has a large role in Return of the Jedi. Do Mandalorian Bobba Fetts live to be 1,000+ years old. He would have to be older than Yoda?

Anyway- that aside it is likely no on really knows of the force outside a handful of people in the entire Star Wars Universe? Thats what I was getting at. If Yoda was among the first or firsts, likely very few know of the force yet, as no one has been able to harness it with their metachlorians flowing through their blood.

Poet
12-16-2019, 01:28 PM

Poet
12-16-2019, 01:29 PM

MOtorboat
12-16-2019, 01:33 PM
Is it even known at all?
From the original first star wars it seemed like it was relatively unknown throughout.

Being that this is at minimum 500 years? Well shoot. I think we found a plot hole. If Yoda is 50 years old now. But in REturn of the Jedi Yoda is like 800 years old..We had a cameo of Bobba Fett in Episode two or three, yet Bobba Fett has a large role in Return of the Jedi. Do Mandalorian Bobba Fetts live to be 1,000+ years old. He would have to be older than Yoda?

Anyway- that aside it is likely no on really knows of the force outside a handful of people in the entire Star Wars Universe? Thats what I was getting at. If Yoda was among the first or firsts, likely very few know of the force yet, as no one has been able to harness it with their metachlorians flowing through their blood.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

1. This isn’t Yoda. It’s either another member of his species or a clone.

2. This takes place in the ~25 years between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.

3. They show Mos Eisley and Tattooine in the fifth (?) episode.

4. Legends mythology says Bobba Fett survived the surlacc because of his armor. It’s speculated that he was among the Mandalorians at the hideout on the other desert planet.

underrated29
12-16-2019, 01:47 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa.

1. This isn’t Yoda. It’s either another member of his species or a clone.

2. This takes place in the ~25 years between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.

3. They show Mos Eisley and Tattooine in the fifth (?) episode.

4. Legends mythology says Bobba Fett survived the surlacc because of his armor. It’s speculated that he was among the Mandalorians at the hideout on the other desert planet.

Oh, ok good. I did not know those things.

MOtorboat
12-16-2019, 01:49 PM

This whole series was complete fan service, so I expect some casual fans are a little confused. The real problem here is George Lucas’ complete silence on what Yoda is, where he came from or even a name for his species. Hardcore fans (way more hardcore than me) don’t know any of those things, so of course it’s confusing to casual fans.

Shazam!
12-16-2019, 01:57 PM

This whole series was complete fan service, so I expect some casual fans are a little confused. The real problem here is George Lucas’ complete silence on what Yoda is, where he came from or even a name for his species. Hardcore fans (way more hardcore than me) don’t know any of those things, so of course it’s confusing to casual fans.

Yoda species was called the Whills i believe...

MOtorboat
12-16-2019, 02:01 PM
Yoda species was called the Whills i believe...

It’s not known.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Search?query=Yoda

Northman
12-16-2019, 02:07 PM

Guess you missed post on this. And I thought we were bros

Poet
12-16-2019, 07:02 PM
Guess you missed post on this. And I thought we were bros

No!!!! Mando and LBY are just metaphors for us!

MOtorboat
12-16-2019, 07:07 PM
Timmy! will be along shortly to explain how LBY would already be dead if he was a bounty hunter.

Poet
12-16-2019, 08:38 PM
Timmy! will be along shortly to explain how LBY would already be dead if he was a bounty hunter.

I rewatched the latest episode.

IT IS TOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Northman
12-16-2019, 08:39 PM
https://i.redd.it/rlp5tvnqvg241.jpg

Timmy!
12-16-2019, 08:48 PM

If who was a bounty hunter?

Poet
12-16-2019, 08:53 PM

You, or Jackie Chan.

Timmy!
12-16-2019, 08:55 PM
You, or Jackie Chan.

So I have LBY?

Northman
12-16-2019, 08:56 PM
So I have LBY?

In your pants.

MOtorboat
12-16-2019, 09:35 PM

You.

Northman
12-18-2019, 04:34 PM
Yikes, the latest episode does not end well. Oh shit....

BroncoWave
12-18-2019, 07:21 PM
Damn, shit just got real. Also, I ****ing love Giancarlo Esposito. They have gotten some great guest stars for this.

BroncoWave
12-18-2019, 07:24 PM
https://twitter.com/kiev1969/status/1207335496566943744?s=19

BroncoWave
12-18-2019, 07:26 PM
https://twitter.com/Crypto_Destro/status/1207452794946502656?s=19

NightTrainLayne
12-18-2019, 10:34 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/a8vX5cxfzIYbS/source.gif

BroncoWave
12-18-2019, 10:38 PM
I can't believe there is only one episode left this season. Chapter 7 was so damn good. I want a whole season of Giancarlo Esposito.

BroncoWave
12-18-2019, 10:43 PM
https://twitter.com/starstrukk_kate/status/1207504773613838341?s=19

Tned
12-19-2019, 10:42 PM
I can't believe there is only one episode left this season. Chapter 7 was so damn good. I want a whole season of Giancarlo Esposito.

Rewatched 4 and 5 last night, because I had fallen asleep through a good portion of 4 and some of five, then we watched 6 and 7 and I now need to rewatch 7 as I fell asleep again.

I did see how it ended though. I was pretty dissapointed that they only did 8 episodes and most were only about a half hour.

Northman
12-27-2019, 04:48 PM
Watching episode 8 now. So far so good, so funny.

MOtorboat
12-27-2019, 04:59 PM
Watching episode 8 now. So far so good, so funny.

I haven’t looked it up. Is the stormtrooper at the beginning Jason Sudeikis?

Northman
12-27-2019, 05:04 PM
I haven’t looked it up. Is the stormtrooper at the beginning Jason Sudeikis?

Not sure, are you talking about one of the guys on the bikes?

Northman
12-27-2019, 05:31 PM
Great episode as usual. These last two have really knocked it out of the park.

MOtorboat
12-27-2019, 05:35 PM
Not sure, are you talking about one of the guys on the bikes?

Yeah. The one who has LBY on his hip. I’m relatively sure it’s Jason Sudeikis.

Northman
12-27-2019, 06:24 PM
Yeah. The one who has LBY on his hip. I’m relatively sure it’s Jason Sudeikis.

Not quite sure but that scene is hilarious.

MOtorboat
12-27-2019, 06:40 PM
Not quite sure but that scene is hilarious.

Also. STOP ******* HITTING LBY MOTHER******!

Tned
12-28-2019, 12:15 AM
Also. STOP ******* HITTING LBY MOTHER******!

That's what my wife was saying, without the ********, as she never curses. Well, there was this one time when she was pretty toasted and I brought up Nicholas Sparks and for the first time I heard her say ass hole.

Tned
12-28-2019, 12:18 AM
Jason Sudeikis punched Baby Yoda, and The Mandalorian fans punch back (https://www.cnet.com/news/jason-sudeikis-punched-baby-yoda-and-the-internet-does-not-approve/)

Devilspawn
12-28-2019, 09:52 PM
https://scontent.fewr1-6.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/80390970_122134142604745_7235929461693087744_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ohc=94z9KBZKpqMAQnuRWtCbUN6ZnssTylCPBXQacj4sJr 7Iwfv4Syj9iTu7Q&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-6.fna&oh=35733f352e324df667e73a57196e1c14&oe=5E658C3A

Northman
12-28-2019, 10:08 PM
https://scontent.fewr1-6.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/80390970_122134142604745_7235929461693087744_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ohc=94z9KBZKpqMAQnuRWtCbUN6ZnssTylCPBXQacj4sJr 7Iwfv4Syj9iTu7Q&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-6.fna&oh=35733f352e324df667e73a57196e1c14&oe=5E658C3A

OMG i never picked up on that. LMAO

Devilspawn
12-28-2019, 10:59 PM
OMG i never picked up on that. LMAO
Haha yeah a lot of people missed it. As soon as I heard it, I said "Apollo?" My best ad lib of the week lol.

Poet
12-29-2019, 06:30 AM
It's goodie.

BroncoWave
12-31-2019, 07:41 PM
Finally got around to watching the finale. So good. Can't wait until season 2.

BroncoWave
01-17-2020, 07:15 AM
https://twitter.com/Jon_Favreau/status/1217993455487475712?s=19

Nomad
01-18-2020, 01:58 PM
When is Season 2?

MOtorboat
01-18-2020, 02:00 PM
When is Season 2?

November, I believe.

BroncoWave
09-02-2020, 11:41 AM
Finally something to look forward to in 2020. Let's go!

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1301158402161139712?s=19

Poet
09-02-2020, 02:01 PM
I need this level of cuteness and happiness back in my life.

Timmy!
09-02-2020, 05:11 PM
I still think baby Yoda is the most overrated Muppet ever.

BroncoWave
09-02-2020, 05:21 PM
I still think baby Yoda is the most overrated Muppet ever.

I still think you can go play in traffic.

Timmy!
09-02-2020, 05:25 PM
I still think you can go play in traffic.

He's like a rat dog. I just want to kick him over goalposts.

Poet
09-02-2020, 05:36 PM
He's like a rat dog. I just want to kick him over goalposts.

In our defense, you're incredibly stupid.

Timmy!
09-02-2020, 05:37 PM

I like the show, just not the Disney added plush toy.

Poet
09-02-2020, 05:40 PM

I think I'm going on another hiatus.

Shazam!
09-02-2020, 06:44 PM

I agree. I will have no part in it.

I MAY check out Obiwan if there is no Disney cutesy cash in. And it shouldn't be.

Northman
09-26-2020, 12:49 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/120294697_10158745237727276_2498897954257390620_n. jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=PZxIfCZXtYsAX8EVuuR&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=83c1e4216974d666f3a1d42fc2cc1870&oe=5F96504C

Timmy!
09-27-2020, 02:24 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/120294697_10158745237727276_2498897954257390620_n. jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=PZxIfCZXtYsAX8EVuuR&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=83c1e4216974d666f3a1d42fc2cc1870&oe=5F96504C

See, now that's much better.

FanInAZ
10-18-2020, 09:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtpUBG1HUM0

MOtorboat
11-27-2020, 04:06 AM
#grogu

MasterShake
11-30-2020, 11:13 AM
So cool to see in live action finally:

https://i.redd.it/fanx2a4pod261.jpg

NightTrainLayne
11-30-2020, 05:47 PM
So cool to see in live action finally:

https://i.redd.it/fanx2a4pod261.jpg

That was a really great episode. My boys were really excited to see that character show up.

MasterShake
11-30-2020, 05:53 PM
That was a really great episode. My boys were really excited to see that character show up.

I remember waaaay back in 2008 when the Clone Wars movie came out most fans hated her. Then she had one of the best character arcs in all of Star Wars.

underrated29
11-30-2020, 05:58 PM
I remember waaaay back in 2008 when the Clone Wars movie came out most fans hated her. Then she had one of the best character arcs in all of Star Wars.

The character or Rosario?

MasterShake
12-02-2020, 04:44 PM
The character or Rosario?

The character of Ashoka.

Northman
12-09-2020, 06:40 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/130249485_10164456948455142_4934791107171745591_n. jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=E2KYl25v32IAX8uDZ1j&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=8203cc2270dca2fe6ea87223c467794f&oe=5FF5D7D4

Northman
12-11-2020, 12:34 PM
Awe shit, they got Richard Brake involved in Mandalorian. Nice!

MOtorboat
12-18-2020, 03:44 AM
Oh. Man.

MOtorboat
12-18-2020, 03:49 AM
Also, stick out the credits, holy shit that was awesome.

The Book of Boba, December 2021. Those sneaky ********, leaving that for last...

NightTrainLayne
12-18-2020, 05:24 PM

The Book of Boba, December 2021. Those sneaky ********, leaving that for last...

Nuts. My boys joked about maybe there'd be some bloopers or something during the credits, but when the normal set art wasn't on there we turned it off. Oh well, we'll probably watch it again tonight.

MOtorboat
12-18-2020, 07:47 PM
Nuts. My boys joked about maybe there'd be some bloopers or something during the credits, but when the normal set art wasn't on there we turned it off. Oh well, we'll probably watch it again tonight.

I noticed there was still five minutes of time left, and I realized there was some sort of nugget at the end.

Slick
12-19-2020, 05:17 PM
Is season 2 still going?

Tned
12-19-2020, 05:19 PM

I didn't. We noticed no normal credit art, but just assumed it was because the season was over. Just went and watched.

We did watch a a round table with Favreau and the other directors and some actors in the extras stuff last night. That was some good stuff.

NightTrainLayne
12-19-2020, 11:03 PM
Is season 2 still going?

Last episode of season 2 dropped Friday A.M.

Slick
12-20-2020, 08:45 AM
Last episode of season 2 dropped Friday A.M.

Thanks. I’ve been waiting for the whole season to release so I can binge.

Hawgdriver
12-20-2020, 10:22 AM

Same here.

Devilspawn
12-20-2020, 12:00 PM

Smart move. Waiting a full week and then constantly refreshing my app at 3AM on the East Coast was torture. But it was a GREAT way to kick off a Friday.

Buff
12-21-2020, 12:28 PM
Smart move. Waiting a full week and then constantly refreshing my app at 3AM on the East Coast was torture. But it was a GREAT way to kick off a Friday.

:uh:

Hawgdriver
12-21-2020, 08:51 PM
:uh:

I can't really say (having not watched), but it must have been an exceptional season of video programming for such intense interest. I'm looking forward to it.

MOtorboat
12-21-2020, 09:27 PM
I can't really say (having not watched), but it must have been an exceptional season of video programming for such intense interest. I'm looking forward to it.

For that to be Buff’s loan post in like the last week, is just purposefully egregious.

Hawgdriver
12-21-2020, 10:17 PM
For that to be Buff’s loan post in like the last week, is just purposefully egregious.

Ah, yes. The purpose.

Northman
12-21-2020, 11:45 PM
Just realized that The Mandalorian is just the space version of Lone Wolf and Cub.

MOtorboat
12-22-2020, 02:50 AM
Ah, yes. The purpose.

Also the “loan.”

Hawgdriver
12-22-2020, 11:25 AM
Also the “loan.”

He will be the only one to pay it back with great interest.

BroncoWave
12-26-2020, 08:43 AM
Finally got caught up on it. What an ending. Managed to avoid any spoilers so just was just thoroughly enjoyable.

Northman
12-30-2020, 07:34 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/134101846_10221917700065865_2312552675953852057_o. jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=_E78tYMjJjUAX8dA4Lm&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=d5ad6d48921b5d3ba6d21de32bc74e65&oe=6012AB83

MasterShake
01-04-2021, 01:23 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/134101846_10221917700065865_2312552675953852057_o. jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=_E78tYMjJjUAX8dA4Lm&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=d5ad6d48921b5d3ba6d21de32bc74e65&oe=6012AB83

The funny thing is Disney seemed SO AFRAID to tie themselves in any way to any of Lucas' more recent work with the prequels, the Clone Wars cartoon, and even the Original movies in many ways and it turns out that all these people wanted that nostalgia! The best responded to Star Wars content in my circle of friends was Rogue One, The Mandalorian, and even Solo. The main thing in all of those movies? They weren't afraid to take bits of nostalgia and build new stories around them to add to the tapestry and world building. Instead we get a retread with The Force Awakens, whatever the **** they were trying to undo with The Last Jedi, and then the rushed apology that Rise of Skywalker seemed to be.

Turns out we don't want to see a disgruntled Luke for half a movie and the 5 minutes he got in Mandalorian did more for the characters legacy then 3 Disney sequels! Sometimes the easiest story is the best, you can still build around Luke not being jaded and make new paths for the new characters. I thought it was an interesting concept in the Last Jedi, but the fact that it really went no where exposed the lack of planning by Disney.

Northman
01-04-2021, 07:48 PM
The funny thing is Disney seemed SO AFRAID to tie themselves in any way to any of Lucas' more recent work with the prequels, the Clone Wars cartoon, and even the Original movies in many ways and it turns out that all these people wanted that nostalgia! The best responded to Star Wars content in my circle of friends was Rogue One, The Mandalorian, and even Solo. The main thing in all of those movies? They weren't afraid to take bits of nostalgia and build new stories around them to add to the tapestry and world building. Instead we get a retread with The Force Awakens, whatever the **** they were trying to undo with The Last Jedi, and then the rushed apology that Rise of Skywalker seemed to be.

Turns out we don't want to see a disgruntled Luke for half a movie and the 5 minutes he got in Mandalorian did more for the characters legacy then 3 Disney sequels! Sometimes the easiest story is the best, you can still build around Luke not being jaded and make new paths for the new characters. I thought it was an interesting concept in the Last Jedi, but the fact that it really went no where exposed the lack of planning by Disney.

Yep, nailed it.

Northman
02-10-2021, 10:18 PM
You would think by now that celebrities in general would stay off social media especially when they cant control what they say.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/star-wars-the-mandalorian-gina-carano-exit-lucasfilm-controversy/

atwater27
02-10-2021, 10:40 PM
You would think by now that celebrities in general would stay off social media especially when they cant control what they say.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/star-wars-the-mandalorian-gina-carano-exit-lucasfilm-controversy/

What exactly did she say that was so bad? Am I missing something?

BroncoWave
02-10-2021, 10:41 PM
FFS she was an awesome character. Why do people have to go online and say shitty/conversational stuff? If I were a famous actor I wouldn't even run my own social media, I'd have my publicist do it.

Northman
02-10-2021, 10:46 PM
FFS she was an awesome character. Why do people have to go online and say shitty/conversational stuff? If I were a famous actor I wouldn't even run my own social media, I'd have my publicist do it.

Yeeeep.

I have my issues with cancel culture and think its incredibly stupid but in this day and age if you are famous and well known than its a really bad idea to have or be on social media if you cant watch what you say.

atwater27
02-10-2021, 10:47 PM

Sure, blame her and not the shitty company that cared more about what keyboard warriors think than ACTUAL fans.

atwater27
02-10-2021, 10:48 PM
Yeeeep.

I have my issues with cancel culture and think its incredibly stupid but in this day and age if you are famous and well known than its a really bad idea to have or be on social media if you cant watch what you say.

Fight this nonsense, don't cower to it.

Northman
02-10-2021, 10:50 PM

You wont win a war with it, the ball is already rolling heavily down the hill. Maybe 10 years from now it will come out of it but right now in this climate you just have to be smarter if you want to have a career being in the spotlight. Its not cowering, its just common sense at this point.

BroncoWave
02-10-2021, 10:53 PM

I'm not gonna cry over a celebrity being too dumb not to say controversial shit on Twitter given the current climate. You can hate it all day, but ultimately she has to take personal responsibility for her stupidity.

atwater27
02-11-2021, 04:23 PM
I'm not gonna cry over a celebrity being too dumb not to say controversial shit on Twitter given the current climate. You can hate it all day, but ultimately she has to take personal responsibility for her stupidity.
I’m sure you’d say that to her face.

BroncoWave
02-11-2021, 04:33 PM
I’m sure you’d say that to her face.

You'd say precisely zero of the inflammatory shit you post on these boards on a daily basis to anyone's face.

atwater27
02-11-2021, 04:34 PM
You'd say precisely zero of the inflammatory shit you post on these boards on a daily basis to anyone's face.id say it to yours and would even kindly offer to be your huckleberry

Northman
02-11-2021, 04:48 PM
Is the stuff posted on this board really worth wanting to fight each physically over? Lol

atwater27
02-11-2021, 04:51 PM
Is the stuff posted on this board really worth wanting to fight each physically over? Lol

Not at all. Not what I was saying. I was just letting people know that I would have zero hesitance saying anything to anyone’s face that I would say here if given the chance.

Hawgdriver
02-11-2021, 04:52 PM

:jack nicholson slow zoom in nodding gif:

BroncoJoe
02-11-2021, 06:26 PM
Let's try to not turn this thread into a political one, please.

Buff
02-12-2021, 11:00 AM
Let's try to not turn this thread into a political one, please.

Yes, I'd like to keep it focused on what nerds you all are like it was intended.

ShaneFalco
11-21-2021, 05:04 PM
end of this series

https://twitter.com/Uzuprime/status/1462192915556364291?s=20