PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Bye week 11/10/19

The Glue Factory
11-08-2019, 09:45 AM
All right. 9 down and 7 to go; the real season begins this week!

If this were last year I'd bank on a loss against the strong Bye even after a great practice on Wed. Let's see what Fangio and crew can pull out after a season turning win against the Browns.

Go Broncos!!!

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fusatbroncoswire.files.wordpress.c om%2F2018%2F11%2Fdenver-broncos.jpg%3Fw%3D1024%26h%3D576%26crop%3D1&f=1&nofb=1

PS it's a bit early but I don't get on the interwebs on Sundays.

Shazam!
11-08-2019, 10:00 AM
Bye is at a great time

chazoe60
11-08-2019, 10:05 AM
I bet Bolles still gets two holding penalties.

NightTrainLayne
11-08-2019, 11:48 AM
Damn it! Sneakers starts the Gameday Threads. Now you've jinxed us into a Bye-week loss.

smdh

FanInAZ
11-08-2019, 11:54 AM
Damn it! Sneakers starts the Gameday Threads. Now you've jinxed us into a Bye-week loss.

smdh

We'll be building the self-esteem of the high school team that crushes us 43-10 :nod:

Cugel
11-08-2019, 01:18 PM
I'm very optimistic about the Broncos winning the Bye-Week! It's true that Flacco is injured and on IR, but with no game on the schedule this week, he won't actually have to play.

And we all know that Joe is "in his prime!" So, I think even an injured Flacco can still take the Bye!

Alternatively, if Joe can't give the press conference this week, then it's down to Brandon Allen. OK, what's Brandon have to say?

"Obviously, Joe’s . . .big, [and] tall, can hang in the pocket, make throws. The incredibly obvious difference we have is I think I’m more mobile. I think I can escape the pocket and make plays outside the pocket. I think that’s just kind of like, the main difference there between the two of us. Basically Joe is slightly less mobile than an equestrian statue and I can move around a bit and even roll out to avoid the rush.” --- Brandon Allen

Amazing Hot Take de Jour!: Brandon is not an Equestrian Statue! Being able to run away from whoever Garrett Bolles is currently failing to block is a actually a good thing! Who'd a thunk it?

I think the Bye week has no chance if even Garrett Bolles can't sabotage it.

Timmy!
11-08-2019, 07:03 PM
Ctrl-C

Ctrl-V

#cugelpost

Cugel
11-09-2019, 04:11 AM
Thinking it over in my head this eve, I am even more firmly convinced that the Broncos will absolutely crush the bye week!

"Wednesday's press-conference went great. We had a great press conference this week!" Nail the Wednesday Presser, and the Bye-Week is in the bag Sunday, right? :third:

LawDog
11-09-2019, 09:05 PM
I think they can still win this...

Cugel
11-10-2019, 05:32 AM
Not one injury in practice this week to report! :heh: :2thumbs:

Nomad
11-10-2019, 10:59 AM
Go Broncos!

Nomad
11-10-2019, 11:01 AM
So, who is Goldilocks?

LawDog
11-10-2019, 10:19 PM
So, who is Goldilocks?

B Chubb in whiteface?

FanInAZ
11-11-2019, 01:59 AM
So, who is Goldilocks?

A career burglar who uses her good looks to convince her victims who catch her in the act that she made an "innocent mistake."

Poet
11-11-2019, 02:16 AM
Please lose out.

Nomad
11-11-2019, 10:22 AM
Please lose out.

Losing is for losers, King. Allen is gonna bring us glory.

Cugel
11-11-2019, 12:12 PM
Losing is for losers, King. Allen is gonna bring us glory.

And meanwhile, back in the land of reality, the Broncos are 10 point underdogs in MN next Sunday against a pretty good Vikings Team that so far this season has:

Walloped the Falcons, lost @GB by 5, crushed the Raiders, crushed the Bears, walloped the Giants, beat the Eagles by 18 and the Lions by 12, handled the Redskins by 10 and lost @KC by a FG before bouncing back last night to beat the Cowboys @Texas Stadium. 8-2 and heading for a first round bye in the playoffs.

Let's not get full of it after beating Cleveland. They are, after all, still the Browns, despite all the hype and it's not looking like Baker Mayfield is going to have a hall of fame career, yet despite beating the Bills @home this past week.

Nomad
11-11-2019, 12:19 PM
And meanwhile, back in the land of reality, the Broncos are 10 point underdogs in MN next Sunday against a pretty good Vikings Team that so far this season has:

Walloped the Falcons, lost @GB by 5, crushed the Raiders, crushed the Bears, walloped the Giants, beat the Eagles by 18 and the Lions by 12, handled the Redskins by 10 and lost @KC by a FG before bouncing back last night to beat the Cowboys @Texas Stadium. 8-2 and heading for a first round bye in the playoffs.

Let's not get full of it after beating Cleveland. They are, after all, still the Browns, despite all the hype and it's not looking like Baker Mayfield is going to have a hall of fame career, yet despite beating the Bills @home this past week.

Be a 'glass half full' guy for a change.

Shazam!
11-11-2019, 12:36 PM
I just wouldnt be shocked the Broncos figure ot out and keep it close at least.

underrated29
11-11-2019, 12:46 PM
I seriously doubt that. Davlin cook is the man. He is going to torch us for a lot and lot of points and yards. In addition to that the Minny defense is really really good. They are going to get at least 3 interceptions on us this game and probably a sack fumble too. The game that Allen was going to have against the browns is the game he will have against the vikings.
4/14 37 yards, 2 ints. 3 rushs 17 yards. 1 fumble.

:)

Magnificent Seven
11-11-2019, 01:58 PM
Personally, I feel we are having a slow bye week. Does anyone feel it?

Cugel
11-11-2019, 02:16 PM

I'll be a glass is completely full guy on the day Elway drafts a top 10 QB instead of screwing around with with stiffs like Joe Flacco, or 6th and 7th round scrub QBs like Brandon Freakin' Allen, who nobody on these boards knew who he was a month ago.

Every indication is that they are planning NOT to start Drew Lock this year except for 2 games at the end of the year that won't be nearly enough to determine whether he's the future franchise qB or now, and try and flog Joe Flacco off on the fanbase as the starter in 2020.

Cugel
11-11-2019, 02:17 PM
Personally, I feel we are having a slow bye week. Does anyone feel it?

We won't know till we see whether they have a great press conference on Wednesday!

Nomad
11-11-2019, 02:19 PM
I Have faith in drew Lock. Get him a LT.

BroncoWave
11-11-2019, 02:27 PM
I seriously doubt that. Davlin cook is the man. He is going to torch us for a lot and lot of points and yards. In addition to that the Minny defense is really really good. They are going to get at least 3 interceptions on us this game and probably a sack fumble too. The game that Allen was going to have against the browns is the game he will have against the vikings.
4/14 37 yards, 2 ints. 3 rushs 17 yards. 1 fumble.

:)

Minnesota is just such a weird, inconsistent team. They could beat us by 30 or lose to us. Just depends on which team shows up.

underrated29
11-11-2019, 03:06 PM
Minnesota is just such a weird, inconsistent team. They could beat us by 30 or lose to us. Just depends on which team shows up.

I dont know. Theyve lost twice only havent they?
I do not remember which teams, but I do know one of them my boy Dalvin was hurt in it (I have him in FF) or missed time or whatever. I think they are a pretty good team. What helps is us kubes is running the show. So we will know how to defend.

Nomad
11-11-2019, 03:11 PM
I do not remember which teams, but I do know one of them my boy Dalvin was hurt in it (I have him in FF) or missed time or whatever. I think they are a pretty good team. What helps is us kubes is running the show. So we will know how to defend.

Are you Yoda, now? :D

Hawgdriver
11-11-2019, 05:14 PM

I remember back when I'd read an occasional Cugel.

underrated29
11-11-2019, 05:41 PM
Are you Yoda, now? :D

I am very wise. I do not like ranch.

Cugel
11-12-2019, 09:14 AM

They lost twice on the road, @KC and @Green Bay. By 3 points. They haven't lost at home yet. Who knows though? Brandon Allen might have his career game in MN, just like Brock Osweiler did when he beat the Patriots in overtime in 2015.

That got him a $37 million contract from the Texans, because teams kept expecting that version of Brock Osweiler to show up again, but he sucked his way out of the NFL.

At best Brandon Allen is the same thing -- a guy who might have a couple of career moments, but who is definitely not the answer -- except to a Broncos trivia question 5 years from now: "can you name all the Broncos starting QBs during the 2019 season?"

"Um, that year they started Joe Flacco, so Flacco, Drew Lock and . . . . I'm forgetting somebody else...?"