PDA

View Full Version : In a full rebuild who is untouchable?

Jsteve01
11-04-2019, 05:02 PM
Defense

For me any rotational player on a rookie deal who wouldn't Garner a higher pick than where they were drafted. Simmons has to stay
Von can't be moved after this season
Chubb
Jones
Purcell
Alexander Johnson
Hollins

Offense again same standard. I don't move a good rotational player on a value deal unless the return is mind blowing

Lindsay
Freeman
Eisner
Sutton
Fumagali
Fant

Ok who am I missing?

dogfish
11-04-2019, 05:45 PM
no one is untouchable. . . but we won't-- and shouldn't-- do a scorched earth "full" rebuild. . . to the list of guys i'm not looking to move i would add these. . . on defense, dre'mont jones, demarcus walker, devante bausby, devontae harris, shelby harris, and probably will parks. . . on offense, andy janovich, tim patrick, connor mcgovern, eli wilkinson, juwann winfree, drew lock, and maybe allen if he continues to show something. . . and brandon mcmanus, diontae spencer, joe jones and casey kreiter on special teams. . .

Poet
11-04-2019, 08:15 PM
The guys on rookie contracts.

Von Miller needs to be traded. Wolfe's deal is up, it sucks we didn't trade him already. CHJ should have been gone as well.

Scorch the earth and be at 2-4 wins as opposed to 5-8 just for the sake of it. Build up picks, develop the youngsters, and get real about rebuilding.

Jsteve01
11-04-2019, 08:18 PM
pretty sure this would be about the worst year ever to trade von Miller. Probably not even as bad as when he was coming off of a knee injury. He's got a high cap hit, and his numbers are down. This is not the year to move him unless somebody moved heaven and Earth. I'm in agreement on most of the guys. But I don't think you move guys just to move them if they're on good deals. Again I'd like to see what Shelby is going to Garner. The best thing for us is playing these guys out of position lowers their free agency values as well. So it shall be us who benefits because he played nose for the first half of the season.

Poet
11-04-2019, 08:20 PM
pretty sure this would be about the worst year ever to trade von Miller. Probably not even as bad as when he was coming off of a knee injury. He's got a high cap hit, and his numbers are down. This is not the year to move him unless somebody moved heaven and Earth. I'm an agreement on most of the guys. But I don't think you move guys just to move them if they're on good deals. Again I'd like to see what Shelby is going to Garner. The best thing for us is playing these guys out of position lowers their free agency values as well. So it shall be hairless benefits us because he played nose for the first half of the season.

To be fair, I didn't expect that he was going to be washed up. That being said, he's overpaid and declining. Von's not on a good deal. Just get the draft picks and the GM who won't squander them.

Northman
11-04-2019, 09:13 PM
Hate to day it Kinger is right. Considering the cost Von simply isnt paying off in that dept. Obviously Denver isnt going to trade him but he isnt playing near what he is getting paid right now.

dogfish
11-04-2019, 11:50 PM
pretty sure this would be about the worst year ever to trade von Miller. Probably not even as bad as when he was coming off of a knee injury. He's got a high cap hit, and his numbers are down. This is not the year to move him unless somebody moved heaven and Earth. I'm in agreement on most of the guys. But I don't think you move guys just to move them if they're on good deals. Again I'd like to see what Shelby is going to Garner. The best thing for us is playing these guys out of position lowers their free agency values as well. So it shall be us who benefits because he played nose for the first half of the season.

no, really. . . this is the perfect time to take a 20-million-whatever cap hit in return for our best defensive player-- the late 1st to mid 2nd we'll get back will totally justify that math. . .

not to mention the obvious added bonus of sabotaging coach fangio like he was nancy kerrigan. . .

Poet
11-05-2019, 12:25 AM
no, really. . . this is the perfect time to take a 20-million-whatever cap hit in return for our best defensive player-- the late 1st to mid 2nd we'll get back will totally justify that math. . .

not to mention the obvious added bonus of sabotaging coach fangio like he was nancy kerrigan. . .

Because when Von's value continues to deteriorate it'll be even better to take a big hit. Sabotage Fangio? Because Von's being doing a whole lot this season? He has four sacks. Four. Fangio will get Chubb back next year. The fact that we didn't get a lot of production under Fangio when we had to 'elite' pass rushers is concerning, too.

Poet
11-05-2019, 12:26 AM
To be fair to Dogfish's point, we'd probably just take that money when it's off the books and sign Winston with it.

Elevation inc
11-05-2019, 03:23 AM
Defense

For me any rotational player on a rookie deal who wouldn't Garner a higher pick than where they were drafted. Simmons has to stay
Chubb
Jones
Purcell
Alexander Johnson
Hollins

Offense again same standard. I don't move a good rotational player on a value deal unless the return is mind blowing

Lindsay
Freeman
Eisner
Sutton
Fumagali
Fant

Ok who am I missing?

Offense

QB-Lock and depending on the next 2 games maybe Allen as the number 2 guy. He would be cost effective if he shows he can be serviceable there.
FB- Jano
RB- Lindsay, Freeman
WR-Sutton, Patrick (Hamilton and Winfree need to make some moves after the bye or they can say bye bye.....)
TE- Fant
OL- Risner, McGovern, Wilkinson

Defense

NT-Purcell
DE- Shelby Harris, Jones, Wolfe if its cost effective and he is willing, Walker (he came on this season before getting hurt)
OLB- Von ,Chubb, Reed
ILB- Johnson, Davis
S- Jackson, Simmons
CB- Bausby, Dawson, Devontae Harris (also would love Chris Harris back if it makes sense) (not sure what to make of the Callahan Situation they should probably shut him down to and look towards next year)

Special teams-

K- McManus but begrudgingly only because its so damn hard to find a accurate kicker and dude is money for the most part under 50 lol.....
P-None
KR-None
PR- None

Oh and the special teams coach can go to lol

I would use FA to look at TE (Not a big fan of the 202 draft class), OL depth, special teams players. Use the draft to address OT, CB if Harris Leaves, MLB or DL Depth and get some BPA talent for special teams and safety, a good punter to.....

Elevation inc
11-05-2019, 03:42 AM
Hate to day it Kinger is right. Considering the cost Von simply isnt paying off in that dept. Obviously Denver isnt going to trade him but he isnt playing near what he is getting paid right now.

Something sure seems up with him at times. He is grading well and getting pressure but the sacks just aren't there. He was pretty upbeat after the W though, so maybe he is just tired of the losing as well....these players are human and I know when my job sucks sometimes its hard to perform at my best...I also Believe he is trying to adjust to not rushing as much...he is being asked to do a lot more versatility wise, maybe its just transition for him....

Simple Jaded
11-05-2019, 05:20 AM
They can’t be selling at this point, they’re going to be about 8-8 and will need whatever talent is worth keeping.

Simple Jaded
11-05-2019, 05:22 AM
Defense

Chubb
Jones
Purcell
Alexander Johnson
Hollins

Lindsay
Freeman
Eisner
Sutton
Fumagali
Fant

Ok who am I missing?

Fumagali?

Elevation inc
11-05-2019, 05:23 AM
They can’t be selling at this point, they’re going to be about 8-8 and will need whatever talent is worth keeping.

not so sure on 8-8 I think we only win 3 or 4 max going forward. However I do agree a fire sale isn't what we probably need. We need to keep as much talent as possible like you said

Simple Jaded
11-05-2019, 05:26 AM
not so sure on 8-8 I think we only win 3 or 4 max going forward. However I do agree a fire sale isn't what we probably need. We need to keep as much talent as possible like you said

By 8-8 I mean .500-ish, 7/8/9 wins ... it’s happening.

This team needs to be 3-13 or you can kiss those sig players goodbye.

Simple Jaded
11-05-2019, 05:55 AM
Defense

Chubb
Jones
Purcell
Alexander Johnson
Hollins

Lindsay
Freeman
Eisner
Sutton
Fumagali
Fant

Ok who am I missing?

Put DeMarcus Walker in there too, Stevarino.

Elevation inc
11-05-2019, 07:23 AM
By 8-8 I mean .500-ish, 7/8/9 wins ... it’s happening.

This team needs to be 3-13 or you can kiss those sig players goodbye.

I think we win 3 more games to go 6-10 and end up with the 9th or 10th pick. Some of my guys will be there.

Simple Jaded
11-05-2019, 07:47 AM
I think we win 3 more games to go 6-10 and end up with the 9th or 10th pick. Some of my guys will be there.

Agreed on the guys that’ll be there at 9 or 10, but the way this season is going the tie-breakers would push Denver well into the teens, imo.

Elevation inc
11-05-2019, 07:52 AM
Agreed on the guys that’ll be there at 9 or 10, but the way this season is going the tie-breakers would push Denver well into the teens, imo.

That would suck, only Jackson might be in play there. If that's the case to We would be better trading back for a guy like wirfs or Adams later first at OT and getting extra draft capital for rd 2......Also I expect Gase not to last much longer in NY and that could ignite them on a run. They have to much talent to be where they are at. Cleveland has such a easy schedule going forward I expect them to make a run back as well.

I expect to beat Buffalo and Oakland, the third game who knows....we could end up 5-11 which would help our odds....

Simple Jaded
11-05-2019, 07:53 AM
That would suck, only Jackson might be in play there. If that's the case to We would be better trading back for a guy like wirfs or Adams later first at OT and getting extra draft capital for rd 2......Also I expect Gase not to last much longer in NY and that could ignite them on a run. They have to much talent to be where they are at. Cleveland has such a easy schedule going forward I expect them to make a run back as well.

I expect to beat Buffalo and Oakland, the third game who knows....we could end up 5-11 which would help our odds....
I think Diggs goes in teens, I don’t know much about the ILB (not a fan of OU defense).

Wirfs is trending to thr teens.

Elevation inc
11-05-2019, 08:18 AM
I think Diggs goes in teens, I don’t know much about the ILB (not a fan of OU defense).

Wirfs is trending to thr teens.

Adebo has struggled a bit which has pushed diggs up in my mind but the argument for diggs in the teens is sound. I'm not a huge fan of OK players either but he is a beast 3 down backer with great instincts with sideline to sideline ability and good cover skills at 243 lbs. Next to Johnson that could be special. Not sure ILB trumps CB or OT as needs with Johnson on the come up.....But BPA and BPA at positions of need are never bad philosophies.....

I expect Tua to go to Miami, and Herbert to go to Cincy or The Jets (Gase will be fired and new regimes can usually mean new Qb's) and even Washington is in play with a new regime, Haskins hasn't exactly showed much.....

Simple Jaded
11-05-2019, 09:31 AM
Adebo has struggled a bit which has pushed diggs up in my mind but the argument for diggs in the teens is sound. I'm not a huge fan of OK players either but he is a beast 3 down backer with great instincts with sideline to sideline ability and good cover skills at 243 lbs. Next to Johnson that could be special. Not sure ILB trumps CB or OT as needs with Johnson on the come up.....But BPA and BPA at positions of need are never bad philosophies.....

I expect Tua to go to Miami, and Herbert to go to Cincy or The Jets (Gase will be fired and new regimes can usually mean new Qb's) and even Washington is in play with a new regime, Haskins hasn't exactly showed much.....

I’m a fan of 3 down ILB’s, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Thomas 1st round and Adebo 2nd round? Then Jedrick Wills in the 3rd.

Elevation inc
11-05-2019, 09:41 AM
I’m a fan of 3 down ILB’s, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Thomas 1st round and Adebo 2nd round? Then Jedrick Wills in the 3rd.

I like all 3 of those guys. To be fair on Adebo you were one of the first to mention him here in your sig, but I think 2nd rd. May be to low for him honestly....I think he is still the 3rd best CB in the class. where that plays out draft position wise is anybody's guess....Talent wise though he is still a 1st rd CB in my eyes.

NightTerror218
11-05-2019, 12:42 PM
One of the biggest issues with this team is depth which fears its head of special teams.

Elway has focused so hard on character players in draft(team captains) that his later round draft picks flame out and suck on STs.

This team is a nut hair from being 6-3 and the entire season would be different. We are #4 in defense. This team needs tweaks and not a gut job. Biggest thing is OL needs over haul. We have 2 capable guards (1 is currently playing C). No tackles and need a true center. OL is only position group that needs to be Gutted. WR needs some depth. Traded away all the vets and now we only have 1 good WR.

Simple Jaded
11-05-2019, 08:56 PM
I like all 3 of those guys. To be fair on Adebo you were one of the first to mention him here in your sig, but I think 2nd rd. May be to low for him honestly....I think he is still the 3rd best CB in the class. where that plays out draft position wise is anybody's guess....Talent wise though he is still a 1st rd CB in my eyes.

He’s a redshirt soph so he may not even declare.

As for Wills, I like him as RG until the inevitable James injury, so another G is needed. Omar Ruiz and Cushenberry at C.