PDA

View Full Version : NFL Take: "I'm Not Saying The Broncos Put A Hit Out On Joe Flacco, But..."

Cugel
10-29-2019, 03:28 AM
NFL Take: "I'm Not Saying The Broncos Put A Hit Out On Joe Flacco, But..." (https://deadspin.com/im-not-saying-the-broncos-put-a-hit-out-on-joe-flacco-1839424308)

I just thought that was funny. The idea of the Browncos calling in Jeff Gillooly to whack Joe Flacco's neck and put him on IR after he mouthed off about Rick Scangarello's shitty play calling. No, it's obviously not true. But. . . .

Lauren Theisen
Yesterday 5:21PM
Illustration for article titled Im Not Saying The Broncos Put A Hit Out On Joe Flacco, But...
Photo: Michael Conroy (AP)

This is all pretty suspicious, no? After last week’s Denver Broncos loss, wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders said, among other criticisms, “We need to call better plays.” He then quickly disappeared off the team in a trade with San Francisco.

Now, after the Broncos lost again on Sunday in a heartbreaker to the Colts, and QB Joe Flacco publicly fumed about the 2-6 team’s cowardice in its late-game play calling, he’s found himself off the active roster as well. The team’s excuse seems to be that Flacco has a “herniated” “disc” in his “neck.” Yeah, maybe from a knife that Rich Scangarello plunged into it!

Ask yourself which is more likely: That the Denver Broncos franchise tried to silence dissent by whacking its QB and replacing him with an unknown 2016 sixth-rounder from Arkansas who’s never made an NFL start before? Or that a 34-year-old man who’s played over 170 games of pro football would suddenly start feeling pain in his neck? Think about it, sheeple, or at least humor me in this conspiracy. It’s only way to make this doomed Broncos season even remotely interesting.

Northman
10-29-2019, 08:12 AM
I believe it. Joe may be hurt as well but i have no doubt he was benched because of the comments.

SR
10-29-2019, 09:20 AM
I believe it. Joe may be hurt as well but i have no doubt he was benched because of the comments.

Which is why I made the comment that I did in the other thread about his neck "injury" being pretty convenient for the Broncos.

wayninja
10-29-2019, 09:51 AM
But what's the point of silencing critics in this way? The product on the field speaks for itself. There's nothing clandestine about what is going on here.

We saw Flacco on the sidelines with the neck stuff late in the game, so it's not like this was pulled out of thin air. I don't see how benching flacco helps this situation at all.

BroncoWave
10-29-2019, 10:09 AM
But what's the point of silencing critics in this way? The product on the field speaks for itself. There's nothing clandestine about what is going on here.

We saw Flacco on the sidelines with the neck stuff late in the game, so it's not like this was pulled out of thin air. I don't see how benching flacco helps this situation at all.

I don't think they are making this up, but I also don't think it would be a season ending injury if we were rolling along at 6-2 and Flacco were playing well. I think it's probably a short term injury that they can conveniently use to shelf him for the rest of the year.

underrated29
10-29-2019, 10:41 AM
What wave said.

This team has no problem coming out and saying we benched this guy cuz he mouthed off. They wouldnt try to hide behind it with a fake injury. That said, if we were 6-2, joe would be out a couple weeks. Not the year.

Cugel
10-29-2019, 11:17 AM
Depends on how injured his neck is actually. Peyton Manning didn't acknowledge that "I'm gonna need 4 neck surgeries!" He actually wanted to play (over and over) during the 2011 season. The Colts, realizing that they were losing every game without Manning and could draft Andrew Luck kept saying "No way Peyton. You just continue to sit." Jim Irsay decided it.

So, Flacco could be done with football for all we know. Yes he played in the game after his injury. With neck injuries that does NOT mean someone is "fine."

Soft-tissue injuries like from a car crash can take a couple of days or even weeks to fully manifest. YOu think you're OK right after the crash. The next day or even week you are in a world of hurt. Could be true with Flacco.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-29-2019, 11:19 AM
Ian Rapoport
‏Verified account @RapSheet
2h2 hours ago

#Broncos QB Joe Flacco is getting a second opinion from Dr. Jack Kelley today, but based on the initial read he could be out as long as 5-6 weeks, source said. Surgery is unlikely, and his career is not in jeopardy. However, Denver does have a roster decision to make.

Cugel
10-29-2019, 11:20 AM

The last thing Elway wants is for Flacco to sit and then they have to play Drew Lock. That was NOT Plan-A. Plan A was for Flacco to be awesome so Elway can say [smug mode] "I told you all he was in his prime!"

The last chance of that disappeared when Flacco couldn't go against the worst team on the Broncos 2019 schedule -- the Browns.

I think we can conclude it wasn't a hit job meant to make Elway look bad! :laugh:

BroncoWave
10-29-2019, 11:28 AM
You never want anyone to get hurt, but I don't think the Broncos are all that sad that this decision has been made for them now.

tripp
10-29-2019, 11:34 AM
This is just revenge for what that ****** did to us in the 2012 playoffs. You ended our playoff hopes, we ended your career!!!!

Cugel
10-29-2019, 05:31 PM
This is just revenge for what that ****** did to us in the 2012 playoffs. You ended our playoff hopes, we ended your career!!!!

Ya think maybe Joe ended his career by actually sucking? Reality Row, Dude!:

"The Broncos have a dumpster fire on offensive . You don't have to burn the defense to the ground, but you do the offense. Most of your OL, a QB, a TE, you've got a lot to do in the off-season." -- 92.5 Altitude Sports.

Poet
10-29-2019, 06:41 PM
When it rains it shall pour.
When it pours it is pain.
The status of our quo...
Of these things they need to change.
Broncos QB are a mixed lot when you delve into the lore
Quote the Elway, Flacco is Nevermore.

Cugel
10-29-2019, 08:27 PM
When it rains it shall pour.
When it pours it is pain.
The status of our quo...
Of these things they need to change.
Broncos QB are a mixed lot when you delve into the lore
Quote the Elway, Flacco is Nevermore.

Calm thyself Edgar Allen Stoner.

Poet
10-29-2019, 08:28 PM
Calm thyself Edgar Allen Stoner.

I guess I'm just not charming, witty, or funny.

Sorry, Cugel. I'm a piece of shit, and I deserve to be mocked. )=

ShaneFalco
10-29-2019, 08:29 PM
they shoulda released him last week