PDA

View Full Version : Convos at the ole Office

Poet
10-27-2019, 06:22 PM
Elway - I want to get Shanahan!

Fans - WOOHOO! Shanny Jr!

Elway - Nah, the old one.

Some Fans - Yeah, we love that shit.

The more correct fans - No, get Shanny Jr.

Ellis - John, you're drunk. You can't get Shanny Sr.

Fans - **** you Ellis

The more correct fans - Thank you, Ellis.

Elway - you ******s get Fangio

....some time passes....

Fangio - DeeeEEeeEEeeEEEErp.

Shanny Jr. - Erhm....cough...I'm undefeated and a SB contender with a bunch of players you haven't heard of on offense, and my defense is sick.

Fangios - DeEeeeEEEeeEErp....

Shanny Jr. - Ummm....what is Scangarello doing to my offensive scheme?

Scangs - /sits in corner and sniffs glue while scribbing on Shanny Jr.'s playback...

Joe Flacco - I'm ******* retiiring, you pieces of shit.

Elevated Inc - **** YOU JOE!

Timmy!
10-27-2019, 06:27 PM
Elway - I want to get Shanahan!

Fans - WOOHOO! Shanny Jr!

Elway - Nah, the old one.

Some Fans - Yeah, we love that shit.

The more correct fans - No, get Shanny Jr.

Ellis - John, you're drunk. You can't get Shanny Sr.

Fans - **** you Ellis

The more correct fans - Thank you, Ellis.

Elway - you ******s get Fangio

....some time passes....

Fangio - DeeeEEeeEEeeEEEErp.

Shanny Jr. - Erhm....cough...I'm undefeated and a SB contender with a bunch of players you haven't heard of on offense, and my defense is sick.

Fangios - DeEeeeEEEeeEErp....

Shanny Jr. - Ummm....what is Scangarello doing to my offensive scheme?

Scangs - /sits in corner and sniffs glue while scribbing on Shanny Jr.'s playback...

Joe Flacco - I'm ******* retiiring, you pieces of shit.

Elevated Inc - **** YOU JOE!

*Also shanny Jr years in the past*

I have the Pats dead 2 rights in the superbowl. Our running game is killing them. Therefore, run 6 or so times in the 2nd half with a massive lead, because.....ummmmm.....errrrrrrrrr.......modern offense?? *crickets*

Coaches can evolve. Let's hope we see it?

Poet
10-27-2019, 06:29 PM
You fool, Shanny Jr. ran the ball a ton that year. The attack on the modern offense does not land.

Fangina blows. He's a glorified coordinator. Elway is one of the worst GM's in the history of all sports, and we're going to die tomorrow. :D

Cugel
10-27-2019, 06:46 PM
Elway wanted Vance Joseph bad. Nobody knows why. He just did. Kyle Shanahan blew away his interview. Elway had to think about it. But, he really, really wanted Vance Joseph because he was so awesome as a 1 year as Miami's DC for that amazing Dolphins' defense that was much better than the '85 Bears.

Ellis would have let him hire either Kyle Shanny or Vance. THat one is solely on Elway.

Poet
10-27-2019, 06:51 PM
Ellis is the only adult at the head of the ship.

Timmy!
10-27-2019, 07:05 PM
You fool, Shanny Jr. ran the ball a ton that year. The attack on the modern offense does not land.

Fangina blows. He's a glorified coordinator. Elway is one of the worst GM's in the history of all sports, and we're going to die tomorrow. :D

Lmao. I'm buying a Mcribb 2 honor this post

Poet
10-27-2019, 07:06 PM
Lmao. I'm buying a Mcribb 2 honor this post

It was the Fangina plus "we all goin' die," that did it.

Timmy!
10-27-2019, 07:07 PM
Elway wanted Vance Joseph bad. Nobody knows why. He just did. Kyle Shanahan blew away his interview. Elway had to think about it. But, he really, really wanted Vance Joseph because he was so awesome as a 1 year as Miami's DC for that amazing Dolphins' defense that was much better than the '85 Bears.

Ellis would have let him hire either Kyle Shanny or Vance. THat one is solely on Elway.

That's cute. Show your work.

Timmy!
10-27-2019, 07:07 PM
It was the Fangina plus "we all goin' die," that did it.

U have me pegged

Dapper Dan
10-27-2019, 10:09 PM
U have me pegged

I like where this is going.

Cugel
10-28-2019, 05:23 PM
Ellis is the only adult at the head of the ship.

Obviously that's not true. Ellis is the de-facto owner of a multi-billion $ company and he'd like to keep his job for a long as possible. He doesn't want to rock the boat or he'd have fired Elway by now.

If Pat Bowlen were still running things, he'd have fired Elway by now too.

Simple Jaded
10-28-2019, 06:03 PM
Obviously that's not true. Ellis is the de-facto owner of a multi-billion $ company and he'd like to keep his job for a long as possible. He doesn't want to rock the boat or he'd have fired Elway by now.

If Pat Bowlen were still running things, he'd have fired Elway by now too.

I don’t know that Bowlen would’ve fired Elway by now, it took him 7 years of garbage drafts and FA’s to finally dump Shanatan.

Ellis is a bag of douche, **** him.

Poet
10-28-2019, 06:11 PM
Ellis saved us from bringing back Shanahan Sr.

Ellis is the adult in the room.

Simple Jaded
10-28-2019, 06:18 PM
Ellis saved us from bringing back Shanahan Sr.

Ellis is the adult in the room.

Ellis molests collies.

Hawgdriver
10-28-2019, 11:17 PM
Ellis molests collies.

That's sordidly alliterative!

Poet
10-28-2019, 11:21 PM
Ellis is the guy who has to keep our drunken GM in check.

Cugel
10-29-2019, 03:49 AM
I don’t know that Bowlen would’ve fired Elway by now, it took him 7 years of garbage drafts and FA’s to finally dump Shanatan.

Ellis is a bag of douche, **** him.

Totally unfair! Shanahan won 2 SBs and totally turned the franchise around. And his record AFTER ELWAY was still vastly better than any Broncos coaches in the last 5 years.

He got fired despite winning 10, 10, 13, 7, 9, and 8 games his last six years as Broncos head coach and taking the team to the AFC Championship Game in 2005. He got fired for not consistently winning playoff games.

Today's Broncos can only dream of winning 6 games, the worst of Shanahan's records over his Broncos career. And the playoffs aren't even a thought. :coffee:

Simple Jaded
10-29-2019, 10:49 PM
Totally unfair! Shanahan won 2 SBs and totally turned the franchise around. And his record AFTER ELWAY was still vastly better than any Broncos coaches in the last 5 years.

He got fired despite winning 10, 10, 13, 7, 9, and 8 games his last six years as Broncos head coach and taking the team to the AFC Championship Game in 2005. He got fired for not consistently winning playoff games.

Today's Broncos can only dream of winning 6 games, the worst of Shanahan's records over his Broncos career. And the playoffs aren't even a thought. :coffee:

My points remain uncontested, try again.

Simple Jaded
10-29-2019, 10:51 PM
That's sordidly alliterative!

https://memes.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/2911a9d5-d275-4e0e-a2ff-7c45bc89e39d#SkcxucdKL5S.copy

Btw, I had to google what you said here.

Cugel
10-30-2019, 05:44 AM
My points remain uncontested, try again.

Apparently you don't get it. Bowlen didn't get 7 years of trash football from Shanahan. He didn't get any years of garbage at all. He got mediocre football because Shanatan didn't draft very good QBs so in a conference with Manning, Brady and Roethlisberger he couldn't win playoff games or got to SBs.

He still won 7 to 10 games every year and was competitive in the division.
This is vastly different. The current Broncos are much worse than anything Shanahan produced in his entire tenure.

Had Shanahan had 3 seasons in a row like this current team he'd have been fired in the early 2000's.

FanInAZ
10-30-2019, 04:58 PM
Apparently you don't get it. Bowlen didn't get 7 years of trash football from Shanahan. He didn't get any years of garbage at all. He got mediocre football because Shanatan didn't draft very good QBs so in a conference with Manning, Brady and Roethlisberger he couldn't win playoff games or got to SBs.

He still won 7 to 10 games every year and was competitive in the division.
This is vastly different. The current Broncos are much worse than anything Shanahan produced in his entire tenure.

Had Shanahan had 3 seasons in a row like this current team he'd have been fired in the early 2000's.

He might have been given a little more slack because of the SB wins, but he would most probably be getting fire when the bye week comes right after Cleveland, unless they can put a beat down on the Browns that would make it a bit harder to justify a firing at that time.

Davii
10-30-2019, 05:35 PM
Shanny Jr wasn't available when Fangs was hired. Shanny Jr was never coming here, he went where he wanted to go.

Poet
10-30-2019, 05:56 PM
Davii...it's just supposed to be a joke.

Grump grump grump.

Cugel
10-30-2019, 06:06 PM
Shanny Jr wasn't available when Fangs was hired. Shanny Jr was never coming here, he went where he wanted to go.

He interviewed here and would have signed here had John Elway made him an offer. He interviewed here first before he went to SF.

Elway was very impressed. So much so that he had to make a total re-evaluation of his decision to hire Vance. Then he concluded to just go ahead and make the decision he had already made -- and hire VJ.

If he had no interest in the Denver job he wouldn't have interviewed for it. He was interested. But, Elway would have had to make him a competitive offer with what SF offered.

Cugel
10-30-2019, 06:07 PM
He might have been given a little more slack because of the SB wins, but he would most probably be getting fire when the bye week comes right after Cleveland, unless they can put a beat down on the Browns that would make it a bit harder to justify a firing at that time.

There's no point in firing the GM during the season when he's not doing much, but after it you can evaluate how the players he signed performed. And fire him then.

Krugan
10-30-2019, 06:24 PM
There's no point in firing the GM during the season when he's not doing much, but after it you can evaluate how the players he signed performed. And fire him then.

When your team is a steaming pile of inconsistent, and there is no direction but sideways, firing a gm would send a message. So sure there is a reason to do it.

Hawgdriver
10-30-2019, 06:48 PM
Saw this article, thought "Broncos."

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/stupefied?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Davii
10-30-2019, 10:25 PM
Davii...it's just supposed to be a joke.

Grump grump grump.

Then put it in the lounge.

Poet
10-30-2019, 10:26 PM
Then put it in the lounge.

We've had joke threads in normal part like the preemptive "fire the new coach" ones, but okay. Sorry.

FanInAZ
10-31-2019, 06:55 PM

I'm pretty sure Shanny was the GM as well, so his firing actually opened up 2 job positions.