PDA

View Full Version : Reboot it all

Poet
10-17-2019, 09:34 PM
He's not going to rebuild fully. He's not going to ever find a real head coaching candidate. The TE he took in the FIRST ROUND just dropped another ball. He doesn't understand modern NFL QBing. Even his drafts that look good on paper aren't panning out.

He's had a great run. Arguably a great and legendary run. He convinced Manning to come here. But those days are over.

When you can't beat a team without it's star QB, and their bad defense is crushing you, and your season is on the line, it's over. The problem is we're not even halfway through the season, and we've sucked since the SB.

It's time for a hard reset. The defenses for John are over. In recent history, it really feels like when he does something, on paper it looks great...then fizzles out.

Simple Jaded
10-17-2019, 09:39 PM
He ain’t lyin.

Elevation inc
10-18-2019, 12:45 AM
I want to burn it down to the ground and start from scratch starting with our piss ant of a QB.....

Valar Morghulis
10-18-2019, 05:16 AM
But we beat the chargers and titans..... just messin

I might be a sick weirdo, but I am not ready to give up on fangio the fud just yet.

I would give both fangio and elway another draft and another season

Elevation inc
10-18-2019, 05:33 AM
But we beat the chargers and titans..... just messin

I might be a sick weirdo, but I am not ready to give up on fangio the fud just yet.

I would give both fangio and elway another draft and another season

I want our staff to stay....We keep turning over....no staff is going to want to come here just like No good FA's want to come either.....plus the majority of the issues have been with the players execution and pettiness the last 4 years. You can certainly fault Elway and his draft and FA decisions, but I don't have issue with his 2 most recent classes. You can also put some blame on the coaches, but it falls more at who hired them and the players given to them to work with....Fangio was universally applauded.....there is a reason for that....he just needs some time....Vance got 2 years(and no one in the league but Elway thought he was ready)....we cant sack fangio after 1 year. Hell a lot of people wanted taylor or Kliff who are both doing worse than Fangio.

reports are surfacing, Most league wide GM's feel that our horrendous drafting prior to 2018, our Constant staff turnover and our lack of focus on player development with this win from now on BS is why were here...they are not wrong.....Its not so much Vance or Fangio or Kubiak its who we obtain(players) for the coach and the culture of trying to taking aging and mediocre vets these last couple years to make-up for said horrendous drafting.......Combine that with a unwillingness to develop players which happens during true rebuilds to re-instill a solid culture and foundation and its no wonder were stuck where we are....

Many league wide feel we finally made a attempt to address the QB position the right way by going the vet route and drafting a top talent in the draft. I wish the vet was Keenum still at this point because he was cheaper, we know he sucks, but it would be so easy to move on to Lock from him.....now Does Elway have the stones to make the call with Flacco and start a rebuild? doubtful.....

Northman
10-18-2019, 07:04 AM
https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000248352945-71sgew-t500x500.jpg

BroncoWave
10-18-2019, 07:07 AM
Elway right now:

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/2q97YCXcLOlkoR2jKKEMQ-wkG9k=/0x0:900x500/1200x800/filters:focal(378x178:522x322)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/49493993/this-is-fine.0.jpg

Mike
10-18-2019, 09:00 AM
That was such a disheartening loss on so many levels. I don't even know what to point out as the problem. I had high hopes with Fangio, but he looks as lost as radio on the sidelines. The OC can't seem to figure anything out. Phucko is as bad as Orton. The OL is atrocious, I thought our new OL coach was supposed to make a difference, but RT and LT have gotten worse.

All blame needs to be placed on Elway though. Loved him for his playing years, appreciate him for brining in Manning and Phillips. But outside of that, he has been swings and misses over and over. What I saw on the field last night was the final straw. Bronco fans should never accept a showing like that.

The Glue Factory
10-18-2019, 09:20 AM
Ellis did veto the Shanahan/Cousins deal Elway had worked up after year one of the last coaching eyesore. Perhaps Ellis needs to be fired?

If only he could be. :s:

Hawgdriver
10-18-2019, 10:21 AM
Ellis did veto the Shanahan/Cousins deal Elway had worked up after year one of the last coaching eyesore. Perhaps Ellis needs to be fired?

If only he could be. :s:

Précisément.

Hawgdriver
10-18-2019, 10:38 AM
It'd be different if everything outside of Manning pointed to another result. But after ten years of this nonsense, we see the pattern plain and simple.

broncofaninfla
10-18-2019, 12:32 PM
I'm not out for Elways head just yet but this team needs major help, especially on offense. Flacco is nothing more than Orton 2.0, no fire or passion for a team that desperatley needs a spark. Since we're stuck with the OL for the season they might as well go with Lock or even Allen, anybody who's even remotely mobile. Flacco has the scrambling skills of Bernie Kosar which won't work behind this putrid OL. Past Risner we have a bunch of people starting who would be back ups on most NFL rosters. Scags is clearly in over his head as well. If they opt not to fire him right now at least bring in an "adviser" like Mike Shanahan and teach him or take over.

Poet
10-18-2019, 02:30 PM
The Gods demand blood.

Valar Morghulis
10-18-2019, 02:40 PM
The Gods demand blood.

Maybe wave’s sister wife is menstruating soon

MOtorboat
10-18-2019, 03:05 PM
#TankforTua
#HurlforHerbert

SmilinAssasSin27
10-18-2019, 03:29 PM
Remember when people thought Flacco was an upgrade? Remember when some said that oline didn't need to be an area of focus?

Good times.

Nomad
10-18-2019, 03:52 PM
#TankforTua
#HurlforHerbert

#Getandrewthomas2020.
#tankforlawrence2021

BroncoWave
10-18-2019, 03:59 PM
#TankforTua
#HurlforHerbert

2 wins will be too many for Tua.

MOtorboat
10-18-2019, 04:01 PM

Yeah, I know.

:sad:

The Glue Factory
10-18-2019, 04:12 PM

Losing out will be too many for Tua

Poet
10-18-2019, 04:52 PM
Remember when people thought Flacco was an upgrade? Remember when some said that oline didn't need to be an area of focus?

Good times.

I don't think anyone said offensive line didn't need work.

Nice to see you Smiln. Hope you're well.

Poet
10-18-2019, 04:53 PM
#TankforTua
#HurlforHerbert

Assume we're in a top five pick. Considering the huge cost even move from third to first, let alone the fourth of fifth position, would you pull that trigger?

I probably would.

Valar Morghulis
10-18-2019, 04:57 PM
Tua won't cut it in the NFL - there i said it

Poet
10-18-2019, 05:00 PM
Tua won't cut it in the NFL - there i said it

Cut blocking is for lineman. Passing is for quarterbacking. Silly Brit.

Valar Morghulis
10-18-2019, 05:02 PM
Cut blocking is for lineman. Passing is for quarterbacking. Silly Brit.

He can't pass water

Poet
10-18-2019, 05:03 PM
He can't pass water

But he can walk on it.

Bitch?

Yeah!

I don't even know what I'm saying at this point. I blindly agree with Mo when it comes to prospects.

Hawgdriver
10-18-2019, 06:48 PM
MO was high on Browning...:noidea:

Poet
10-18-2019, 06:56 PM
MO was high on Browning...:noidea:

Everyone misses. It's about the ratios, really. I know a poster vaunted as the best draft mind on here that went back and forth with me over a FA signing we had. I was proven correct. Point being, I know that poster knows more about the draft than I.

I also believe in Mo categorically.

Shazam!
10-18-2019, 06:58 PM

Good times.

Only MAYBE because Munchak was expected to magically fix the OLine but apprently its more about talent void there.

I would imagine he'd be up for playcalling duties should Skank get dismissed.

Hawgdriver
10-18-2019, 06:59 PM
Everyone misses. It's about the ratios, really. I know a poster vaunted as the best draft mind on here that went back and forth with me over a FA signing we had. I was proven correct. Point being, I know that poster knows more about the draft than I.

I also believe in Mo categorically.

I trust MO, MOstly.

Nomad
10-18-2019, 07:04 PM
Just curious.....is browning playing in the NFL? I liked him as the Huskies QB.

Hawgdriver
10-18-2019, 07:40 PM
Just curious.....is browning playing in the NFL? I liked him as the Huskies QB.

I think he was competing with Sloter for the #3 spot on the Vike's roster.

Nomad
10-18-2019, 07:42 PM
I think he was competing with Sloter for the #3 spot on the Vike's roster.

Browning is a good kid. I hope he is successful in his endeavors.

Davii
10-18-2019, 08:33 PM
#TankforTua
#HurlforHerbert

#BangforBurrow?

Poet
10-18-2019, 08:37 PM
#BangforBurrow?

I'm on board.

atwater27
10-18-2019, 09:00 PM

Magnificent Seven
10-19-2019, 01:04 PM
There's a rumor going round about QB Cam Newton. Broncos are considering about trading for QB Cam Newton. It is everywhere on social medias.

Shazam!
10-19-2019, 01:06 PM
There's a rumor going round about QB Cam Newton. Broncos are considering about trading for QB Cam Newton. It is everywhere on social medias.

I think that was started as 'Broncos *should* trade for Cam'

That dude is broken

Northman
10-19-2019, 01:12 PM

Ive seen it and its hilarious. Newton is very bad, so bad his backup is playing better and leading the team to actual wins.

Nomad
10-19-2019, 01:18 PM
I haven't heard about that. Who's playing QB for the Panthers?

Shazam!
10-19-2019, 01:19 PM
I haven't heard about that. Who's playing QB for the Panthers?

Kyle Allen. I think he was like a 6th round pick?

My bad he was undrafted

MOtorboat
10-19-2019, 01:19 PM
#BlowforBurrow

LawDog
10-19-2019, 03:43 PM
I think that was started as 'Broncos *should* trade for Cam'

That dude is broken

Greg Olsen was on the DP show last week, while being a good “team player”, still wouldn’t commit to Newton getting his job back when healthy, seemed like the Panthers players have moved on from scam newton.

Poet
10-19-2019, 03:44 PM
Cam Newton five years ago? Sure. Cam Newton now? No sir.

Simple Jaded
10-19-2019, 03:50 PM
Even I don’t want Cam Newton.

Poet
10-19-2019, 03:52 PM

Wayninja, this is your sig baby.

MOtorboat
10-19-2019, 05:21 PM

Island of one, it is.

Come at me.

MOtorboat
10-19-2019, 05:23 PM
But let me be clear, I don’t think Elway is ever hiring someone who would run an offense that would fully utilize (a healthy) Newton.

Northman
10-19-2019, 05:30 PM
Better bring some Dave Matthews to that Island MO. It will get boring fast there by your lonesome. Lol

MOtorboat
10-19-2019, 05:35 PM
Better bring some Dave Matthews to that Island MO. It will get boring fast there by your lonesome. Lol

Healthy, he’s a top 5 quarterback and athletically a freak of nature. I think people would be crazy not to want him. Again, this is predicated on health, though.

BroncoWave
10-19-2019, 05:38 PM
I will join you on that island, Mo. I'd take Cam.

UnderArmour
10-19-2019, 05:53 PM
It will be interesting to see how the Panthers decide to handle Cam. I highly doubt he gets traded before the deadline, but it is absolutely an offseason move the Broncos might want to look at.

Given that the Broncos managed to dump Case Keenum, it's also possible they can find a buyer for Sleepy Joe Flacco too. Wish there was a way to trade him now, but the financials don't work out anymore, and barring a last minute injury to a QB, there's no one in contention that would remotely consider him.

Northman
10-19-2019, 05:55 PM
I have and always felt he is massively overrated. Ill pass.

UnderArmour
10-19-2019, 05:56 PM

Maybe you'll pass, but the Denver Broncos sure as hell won't with the current LT and QB situation... (I'll show myself out)

Northman
10-19-2019, 05:57 PM
Maybe you'll pass, but the Denver Broncos sure as hell won't with the current LT and QB situation.

And we would still be a mediocre team. Lol

BroncoWave
10-19-2019, 06:02 PM

Lol he'd be our third best QB in franchise history by a mile.

Northman
10-19-2019, 06:04 PM

No he wouldnt, thats hilarious. Lmao

Shazam!
10-19-2019, 06:40 PM

Healthy, he’s a top 5 quarterback and athletically a freak of nature. I think people would be crazy not to want him. Again, this is predicated on health, though.

He will never be 'that' Cam Newton from 2015 ever again.

atwater27
10-19-2019, 08:26 PM
Healthy, he’s a top 5 quarterback and athletically a freak of nature. I think people would be crazy not to want him. Again, this is predicated on health, though. He’s not even top 15.
Dude, he might be the most inaccurate QB in NFL history. He misses more wide open targets than a battalion of stormtroopers.

atwater27
10-19-2019, 08:30 PM

A mile? A mile is how far off Cam throws from a wide open receiver at least once a game.

Poet
10-19-2019, 08:31 PM
Just blow it all up.

BroncoWave
10-19-2019, 08:32 PM
Which other Bronco QB was a league MVP and led a team to a Super Bowl? Am I forgetting someone?

atwater27
10-19-2019, 08:39 PM
Which other Bronco QB was a league MVP and led a team to a Super Bowl? Am I forgetting someone?
That Cam Newton died at Super Bowl 50. Along with the Denver Broncos.

Simple Jaded
10-19-2019, 09:59 PM

After everything he’s done for you?

Smdh

Valar Morghulis
10-20-2019, 02:17 AM
I will join you on that island, Mo. I'd take Cam.

I’m there, sipping a cocktail, loving life

Poet
10-20-2019, 02:22 AM
Taking Cam doesn't scream rebuild to me, though. Then again, it almost plays out like a drama...Newton, down on his luck, goes to the team that shook his pride in the SB. If he turned it around here, it would be legend.

Valar Morghulis
10-20-2019, 02:34 AM
Taking Cam doesn't scream rebuild to me, though. Then again, it almost plays out like a drama...Newton, down on his luck, goes to the team that shook his pride in the SB. If he turned it around here, it would be legend.

He doesn't scream rebuild to me either - but i love the story.

Trade for Cam and Trent Williams - get 10 years out of both of them. Then sign TJ Ward, Wes Welker, Talib and Ware........oh the glory days, the memories!

MOtorboat
10-20-2019, 03:41 AM
He doesn’t have to be 2015 Cam Newton to make a team better.

Look, my obvious preference is draft and play a rookie. Immediately. Find out what you got, and if he ain’t got it, do it again. If it’s Lock, if it’s some other dude in the next two years, I’m fine with that, just do it.

But - and this is the big ass but - Elway clearly doesn’t believe in that strategy. So, if we’re insistent on the veteran approach and “groom” - I use quotation marks because we all know that backup quarterbacks do not get in-season reps which makes the “he needs to sit” nonsense even more of a farce - a young quarterback, Cam Newton is absolutely the best possibility out there.

2017 Cam Newton completed 60% of his passes. He threw for 3300 yards and a 22/16 TD/INT, with 700+ rushing yards and 6 TDs. So, let’s say we can get a Cam Newton who throws for 3500 yards, goes 25/12 and rushes for 500 yards. That’s a top level quarterback in the right system, and it could, philosophically use Lindsay like McCaffrey. In fact, if I’m comping Lindsay’s potential, it’s McCaffrey easily as the closest comp league-wide.

That’s all predicated on finding an offensive coordinator with a god damn clue as to how to use an innovative scheme, and not this 1995 West Coast nonsense we’re running now. What I’d be afraid of is trading for Newton and sticking him in this shitty offense where he’s running Walsh’s 1988 49ers offense, but with all the intuition of a monkey humping a football like the current offense.

Also, this is all a pipe dream because Elway ****** the pooch and reorganized Flacco’s contract in a manner that almost guarantees him as the starter this year and the next. Fun times.

aberdien
10-20-2019, 11:40 AM
Trade for Cam Newton so this season isn't a total borefest.

Nomad
10-20-2019, 11:43 AM
Trade for Cam Newton so this season isn't a total borefest.

No. I'm on the 'suck for Andrew Thomas train'. I'm usually against tanking, but Broncos are desperate for a stud LT.

Cugel
10-20-2019, 01:58 PM
Assume we're in a top five pick. Considering the huge cost even move from third to first, let alone the fourth of fifth position, would you pull that trigger?

I probably would.

As of this week the Broncos would have the #5 pick of next year's draft. Given the schedule, with road games @Buffalo, @Indy, @Minnesota @Texans @Chiefs, they are likely to improve on that position.

Given how utterly lifeless they are I don't know whether I would pick them to win at home versus the Raiders, Chargers, or Browns. Would they be favored over the Lions? The Lions are looking pretty good against the Vikings today. Either of those teams should be capable of beating the Broncos.

Maybe they win 1 of those winnable games?

3-13 would definitely get them around a top 5 but not a top #1 pick.

Cugel
10-20-2019, 02:04 PM
No. I'm on the 'suck for Andrew Thomas train'. I'm usually against tanking, but Broncos are desperate for a stud LT.

They need a QB a lot more and if one of the top 3 QB prospects are available they should go get one of them.

Elway won't do that because he's incompetent, but that's exactly what every team that wants to have a future does.

Not some 2nd round QB like Drew Lock who was not a top rated prospect and who was picked by Elway to be the next Brock Osweiler. That's what his role was supposed to be. Learn under Flacco for the next 3 seasons while they "win now" then slide into Flacco's place when his contract expires in 2022.

That schedule got accelerated to immediately by the destruction of Joe Flacco on Thursday night, but that doesn't mean Drew Lock is a top prospect.

There's about an 80% chance that Drew Lock will not be the Broncos franchise QB 5 years from now, and that the Broncos will have to move up in the draft and take one of the top QBs.

The only question is whether Elway resigns after this season (probably not), and whether he succumbs to fan pressure and drafts a QB in 2020 (probably not). :tsk:

Nomad
10-20-2019, 02:08 PM
They need a QB a lot more and if one of the top 3 QB prospects are available they should go get one of them.

Elway won't do that because he's incompetent, but that's exactly what every team that wants to have a future does.

Not some 2nd round QB like Drew Lock who was not a top rated prospect and who was picked by Elway to be the next Brock Osweiler. That's what his role was supposed to be. Learn under Flacco for the next 3 seasons while they "win now" then slide into Flacco's place when his contract expires in 2022.

That schedule got accelerated to immediately by the destruction of Joe Flacco on Thursday night, but that doesn't mean Drew Lock is a top prospect.

There's about an 80% chance that Drew Lock will not be the Broncos franchise QB 5 years from now, and that the Broncos will have to move up in the draft and take one of the top QBs.

The only question is whether Elway resigns after this season (probably not), and whether he succumbs to fan pressure and drafts a QB in 2020 (probably not). :tsk:

Post a pic of yourself in the pic thread. I want to see the face of a football genius.

Simple Jaded
10-20-2019, 03:35 PM
Newton fits this system better than an Air Coryell, plus the Thelma and/or Louise get-up would be worth the price of admission.

Nomad
10-20-2019, 03:39 PM
Dont ignore me, Cugel. Either post a pic, or change your avi to the tiger. BTW.....Andrew Thomas!

Nomad
10-20-2019, 03:40 PM
Newton fits this system better than an Air Coryell, plus the Thelma and/or Louise get-up would be worth the price of admission.

What are you trying to say?

spikerman
10-20-2019, 03:52 PM

I’m not really sure what this system is supposed to be. I just know that it seems allergic to points.

Cugel
10-20-2019, 03:56 PM
Solving the “where to draft a QB” debate once and for all
By James Merilatt
(https://1043thefan.com/2084080/solving-the-where-to-draft-a-qb-debate-once-and-for-all/?)October 17, 2019 at 1:45 pm Total QBs Picked in rounds 2-4 Since 2009: 41
Number of QBs with a Winning Record: 8
Percentage of QBs with a Winning Record: 20%

Stars of the Group
Russell Wilson (2012 | No. 75) = 80-37-1
Jimmy Garoppolo (2014 | No. 62) = 13-2

Flops of the Group
DeShone Kizer (2017 | No. 52) = 0-15
Cody Kessler (2016 | No. 93) = 2-10

The Mike Glennon /Mitch Trubisky Doctrine,” promotes taking a quarterback in the first round, so long as it’s not with a pick in the 20s.

Total QBs Picked Since 2009: 28
Number of QBs with a Winning Record: 12
Percentage of QBs with a Winning Record: 43%

Stars of the Group
Patrick Mahomes (2017 | No. 10) = 17-6
Jared Goff (2016 | No. 1) = 27-17

Flops of the Group
Blake Bortles (2014 | No. 3) = 24-49
Blaine Gabbert (2011 | No. 10) = 13-35

Simple Jaded
10-20-2019, 06:13 PM
I’m not really sure what this system is supposed to be. I just know that it seems allergic to points.

Y’all act like points are so great.

Simple Jaded
10-20-2019, 06:14 PM
What are you trying to say?

Thelma and Louise were gangsta.

Nomad
10-20-2019, 06:16 PM
Thelma and Louise were gangsta.

:laugh:

Poet
10-20-2019, 07:00 PM
Y’all act like points are so great.

Man...we've fallen so low.

Davii
10-20-2019, 09:48 PM

That outfit was pretty nice. My grandmother would've really liked it.

nevcraw
10-20-2019, 11:26 PM
Blow it up.. no wait. Trade for the guy who used to be cam newton. Y’all have lost your mind. He sucks and he’s a selfish diva. Worse leader than Flacco.
Fangio is a good coach. He’s hamstrung with a horrible OL, zero depth, and a qb who likes to string out his wr’s and has less of a pulse than a man who died in the early 1300’s. Biggest mistake was pretending we had a shot. That is all...

Hawgdriver
10-20-2019, 11:28 PM
Biggest mistake was pretending we had a shot.

Good point.

Poet
10-21-2019, 12:50 AM
Blow it up.. no wait. Trade for the guy who used to be cam newton. Y’all have lost your mind. He sucks and he’s a selfish diva. Worse leader than Flacco.
Fangio is a good coach. He’s hamstrung with a horrible OL, zero depth, and a qb who likes to string out his wr’s and has less of a pulse than a man who died in the early 1300’s. Biggest mistake was pretending we had a shot. That is all...

Fangio is not a good coach. He's done nothing to suggest he is a good HC. Moreover, he found an idiot to be his OC. His STs unit coach isn't great, either. The best thing he's done is let the guys who proved they could play (who got a shot through injury to starters) keep on going. But that's not exactly rocket science, either. This so called mad genius can't do anything to stop the Kansas City Chiefs...WITHOUT Mahomes. Thank God we ran into the Jaguars and the Chargers, otherwise we'd have no wins.

Elevation inc
10-21-2019, 01:09 AM
Fangio has potential to be a good coach, more so then Joseph, because he has held some players accountable that needed to get checked and he has made some adjustments......however his ST coach and OC are not doing well and he needs to reign that crap in. He has no problem calling those sides of the ball out and the more he gets comfortable the better it will be.....we cant keep swapping out staffs though. None of this years crop are doing that well. We messed up with VJ which the NFL world universally thought was bad. That isn't the case about Fangio, its just going to take time and commitment to player development and true rebuilding.

Rumors in NFL circles is that this is the first year since 2015 there has been more focus in developing younger players, and that's Fangio's doing.....previously there was a tendency to ignore player development under the previous 2 staffs....if we get some mor players in the draft free up some cash and make some key FA acquisitions we can be right back in the mix next year, I truly believe that.

The reality is many of the players we have need to go and move on, This team just isn't as talented as some hoped or thought, we have some key players and building blocks but our depth is horrible and we have guys in some positions who just don't need to be there anymore........We need to play our young QB's and go through those growing pains, it is what it is.....

Elevation inc
10-21-2019, 01:12 AM

This

Poet
10-21-2019, 01:15 AM
Fangio has potential to be a good coach, more so then Joseph, because he has held some players accountable that needed to get checked and he has made some adjustments......however his ST coach and OC are not doing well and he needs to reign that crap in. He has no problem calling those sides of the ball out and the more he gets comfortable the better it will be.....we cant keep swapping out staffs though. None of this years crop are doing that well. We messed up with VJ which the NFL world universally thought was bad. That isn't the case about Fangio, its just going to take time and commitment to player development and true rebuilding.

Rumors in NFL circles is that this is the first year since 2015 there has been more focus in developing younger players, and that's Fangio's doing.....previously there was a tendency to ignore player development under the previous 2 staffs....if we get some mor players in the draft free up some cash and make some key FA acquisitions we can be right back in the mix next year, I truly believe that.

The reality is many of the players we have need to go and move on, This team just isn't as talented as some hoped or thought, we have some key players and building blocks but our depth is horrible and we have guys in some positions who just don't need to be there anymore........We need to play our young QB's and go through those growing pains, it is what it is.....

Fangio will retard Lock's development for two reasons. One, he's not an offensive coach, so that asset isn't available to Lock. Two, he thought Scangs was a worthy OC, so he clearly isn't a judge of talent. Unless there's a surefire can't miss OC available and we bag it, he's going to **** it up again most likely.

Valar Morghulis
10-21-2019, 01:24 AM
Everyone thought scangs was a good hire, including you

He was young, worked with Kyle S, ran the system as mcvey, got a lot out of very little with the 49ers back up qbs

The bengals and the cardinals both hired young offensive coaches and both are terrible too

It’s ok to be mad because we are fans but we need to stay rational and objective

Elevation inc
10-21-2019, 01:25 AM
Fangio will retard Lock's development for two reasons. One, he's not an offensive coach, so that asset isn't available to Lock. Two, he thought Scangs was a worthy OC, so he clearly isn't a judge of talent. Unless there's a surefire can't miss OC available and we bag it, he's going to **** it up again most likely.

I'm not sure what's up with Scags.....I didn't see that coming for sure....but he is our 3rd 3 OC that was well respected in NFL circles, even if he is new to the job...perhaps the players and QB are truly the issue....I wont say your wrong, but for me....I'm just not there on Fangio yet. Your also not wrong in the fact we need a QB coach or OC that will be key to developing Lock.....That is another key component to our rebuild.....

Elevation inc
10-21-2019, 01:33 AM
Solving the “where to draft a QB” debate once and for all
By James Merilatt
(https://1043thefan.com/2084080/solving-the-where-to-draft-a-qb-debate-once-and-for-all/?)October 17, 2019 at 1:45 pm Total QBs Picked in rounds 2-4 Since 2009: 41
Number of QBs with a Winning Record: 8
Percentage of QBs with a Winning Record: 20%

Stars of the Group
Russell Wilson (2012 | No. 75) = 80-37-1
Jimmy Garoppolo (2014 | No. 62) = 13-2

Flops of the Group
DeShone Kizer (2017 | No. 52) = 0-15
Cody Kessler (2016 | No. 93) = 2-10

The Mike Glennon /Mitch Trubisky Doctrine,” promotes taking a quarterback in the first round, so long as it’s not with a pick in the 20s.

Total QBs Picked Since 2009: 28
Number of QBs with a Winning Record: 12
Percentage of QBs with a Winning Record: 43%

Stars of the Group
Patrick Mahomes (2017 | No. 10) = 17-6
Jared Goff (2016 | No. 1) = 27-17

Flops of the Group
Blake Bortles (2014 | No. 3) = 24-49
Blaine Gabbert (2011 | No. 10) = 13-35

Just because we got Lock in Rd 2 by nature of how the draft fell does not mean he is or will be a bust......he should get at least 2 years here before we decide to move on.....we cant afford to waste a pick at QB in the top ten, without knowing what he is or rebuilding our OL the right way....

Poet
10-21-2019, 01:41 AM
Everyone thought scangs was a good hire, including you

He was young, worked with Kyle S, ran the system as mcvey, got a lot out of very little with the 49ers back up qbs

The bengals and the cardinals both hired young offensive coaches and both are terrible too

It’s ok to be mad because we are fans but we need to stay rational and objective

I thought I was getting contemporary innovation, not listless reconfiguration.

The Cardinals are 3-3, have energy, and Kyler Murray is having a fine rookie season, on a team that wasn't selling itself as a contender.

I am rational and objective in my own eyes. And that's because I'm fairly I'm correct! But that doesn't mean any presupposition is correct! As such, I can only say that your post is appreciate and duly noted!

Elevation inc
10-21-2019, 01:46 AM
I thought I was getting contemporary innovation, not listless reconfiguration.

The Cardinals are 3-3, have energy, and Kyler Murray is having a fine rookie season, on a team that wasn't selling itself as a contender.

I am rational and objective in my own eyes. And that's because I'm fairly I'm correct! But that doesn't mean any presupposition is correct! As such, I can only say that your post is appreciate and duly noted!

We should have kept Keenum, worked in Lock after benching Keenum and sold a rebuild.....we all would be a lot more happy right now.....:lol:

Poet
10-21-2019, 02:33 AM
We should have kept Keenum, worked in Lock after benching Keenum and sold a rebuild.....we all would be a lot more happy right now.....:lol:

We never should have signed Keenum. It was one of the worst free agent signings in NFL history. A guy barely fit to be a backup QB paid solid QB starter money. JE really does owe us an apology for that one.

Valar Morghulis
10-21-2019, 07:18 AM
I thought I was getting contemporary innovation!

That’s my point. We all did.

If we had future vision I doubt we would have even interviewed him. But we didn’t

Same with fangio.... great hire on paper.

Retrospectively critiquing apparently good decisions is not helpful

VJ was a terrible hire at the time. Everyone could see that. This year is not that.

Davii
10-21-2019, 07:52 AM
we need to stay rational and objective

Lol

tripp
10-21-2019, 02:08 PM
Just use this year's 7+ draft picks to draft all O-lineman, we have to be able to hit on one of them.

arapaho2
10-21-2019, 02:32 PM
1. I think Fangio will become a great long time broncos coach, some rookie mistakes but hes growing

2. im not sold on scrangrello at all, we see game after game where we just struggle to do anything and a big part of that is play selection
on the other hand, we stuck him with a horrible oline, a supposed answer to our RT woes has been milking getting kicked for weeks, which means we cant simply slide bolles some help because wilks sucks at blocking even worse than bolles
the we compound that with a statue...the ultimate pocket sloth QB in flacco, who although I don't blame previous loses on him...completely sucked on Thursday, he couldn't escape a paper bag, cannot step into the pocket, has zero pocket awareness, and apparently cannot read a defense for shit

what plays can scrangs call to make that look good??

3. im all for playing Allen while we pull Lock off IR, whats the worst thing that can happen?...our offense cant suck much worse, who cares at this point, at least we might get a little QB pocket movement, a rushing first down or two
and after a couple weeks we can watch Lock...we should know whether we drafting a qb again or fixing this lousy line

SR
10-21-2019, 02:36 PM
I don't have time for the Broncos right now. The World Series starts tomorrow and the Avs are 7-0-1.

nevcraw
10-21-2019, 02:41 PM
Fangio has done nothing to convince me he’s a shitty coach. In fact he has shown a lot of the right demeanor and thinking to be a good coach. It’s just not going to be overnight. I’m still optimistic with him and of course our OL coach. Coach’s need to build their team. I’m in for giving him 3 years 3 drafts and 3 FA off seasons.
Skangs doesn’t seem to be calling it right but we have no clue if it’s him or Flacco or talent or all of the above. Ready or not lock has to play this year.
We re going to suck until the qb problem is solved. End of Story.

CoachChaz
10-21-2019, 02:58 PM
I don't have time for the Broncos right now. The World Series starts tomorrow and the Avs are 7-0-1.

That's why I'm in full blown NBA mode. At least the Sixers should win

Nomad
10-21-2019, 03:01 PM

You're an Astro fan now?

SR
10-21-2019, 03:19 PM
You're an Astro fan now?

I had a big baseball hiatus for many years. As a kid in AZ I started following the D-Backs when they started up, but I grew up in a family that was all Reds (see: Adopted Bronco). After I left for the military I stopped following baseball and grew to dislike it. Once I moved here in 2015 I started casually watching the Astros, went to a few games (the first game I went to was against Mo's Royals in the playoffs), and just gradually became a legitimate fan during the 2016 season. I've really, really grown to love the game again.

Poet
10-21-2019, 04:21 PM
That’s my point. We all did.

If we had future vision I doubt we would have even interviewed him. But we didn’t

Same with fangio.... great hire on paper.

Retrospectively critiquing apparently good decisions is not helpful

VJ was a terrible hire at the time. Everyone could see that. This year is not that.

People liked the hire because it was defense and an older guy.

Cugel
10-21-2019, 06:59 PM
Just because we got Lock in Rd 2 by nature of how the draft fell does not mean he is or will be a bust......he should get at least 2 years here before we decide to move on.....we cant afford to waste a pick at QB in the top ten, without knowing what he is or rebuilding our OL the right way....

That is guaranteed to be Elway's position as well. If I were you, that would immediately make me doubt the logic of my entire position.

Because what you said is EXACTLY what Elway is going to do.

And all you have to do is take a look at Elway's history with drafting, especially drafting QBs to realize that if Elway totally agrees with you, your chances of being correct are small.

The logic is simple: "We picked this guy Lock and we have to develop him and see what we have before we sacrifice the use of a top 10 pick and maybe a lot of other draft capital to grab one of the top 3 highly touted prospects."

IT's DEAD WRONG!

The difference between a 2nd round QB and a top of the First Round QB is a BIG difference.

I quoted the statistics from that article that show that you have about a 40% chance with a 1st round QB, it's actually much higher if we're talking about a top 3 QB. The first or second QB taken in the draft has a very good chance of succeeding because they were the most obviously good college QBs.

Tua, Herbert and Fromm are so good even casual college football fans like me have heard and seen them. Maybe despite being a top 2 or 3 pick they won't succeed in the NFL, that happens (Jamarcus Russell) but your chances are better.

MUCH better. So much better that if you have a chance to grab one of the top 3 QB prospects you simply CANNOT spend another three years on the 20% chance that Drew Lock is your long term franchise QB.

YOu have to take that top QB in the draft and then you have two guys. If they both hit, then you have a Jimmy Garapolo situation where you can trade one. You have a high quality backup if one gets hurt and you miss a few games -- like what has happened to a LOT of teams in the NFL this season -- not least the Saints.

You might have notice what happened when Drew Brees went down. Teddy Bridgewater came in and they keep rolling because he's provided quality play.

I don't care what Drew Lock shows this season. I want the Broncos to draft Tua, Fromm or Herbert. Anyway. PEriod.

You can't pass on top QB talent when you aren't sure you have a top QB talent on your team.

That's the mistake Elway has made the last 3 years when he kept insisting that they had their starting QB already, while passing on drafting Pat Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, Dak Prescott, Derek Carr, or Jimmy Garapolo. Any of whom they could have drafted.

Others they passed on the chance to move up and get include Sam Darnold.

Davii
10-21-2019, 11:45 PM
Just use this year's 7+ draft picks to draft all O-lineman, we have to be able to hit on one of them.

Do we though? Do we?

Davii
10-21-2019, 11:49 PM

You can't pass on top QB talent when you aren't sure you have a top QB

:lol: :lol: :lol: My :lol: limit is less than the interceptions he threw tonight. The Jets are one of a few teams worse than we are.

Word diarrhea

Poet
10-21-2019, 11:53 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: My :lol: limit is less than the interceptions he threw tonight. The Jets are one of a few teams worse than we are.

Word diarrhea

Yeah, he was awful today. But he's been pretty good as a rookie, and got smacked by Belichick. So what? I've seen a lot of Qb's get ****** on by the Patriots.

Davii
10-21-2019, 11:56 PM
Yeah, he was awful today. But he's been pretty good as a rookie, and got smacked by Belichick. So what? I've seen a lot of Qb's get ****** on by the Patriots.

Dude, it wasn't schematic, e.t.c. it was mechanics, completely. Back foot throws, panic tosses, and so forth.

Not saying he can't do better but I'd feel a lot better about that had he baited into tight coverage, confusing coverages, etc. They were man all but one play deep into the 4th quarter.

Poet
10-22-2019, 12:22 AM
Dude, it wasn't schematic, e.t.c. it was mechanics, completely. Back foot throws, panic tosses, and so forth.

Not saying he can't do better but I'd feel a lot better about that had he baited into tight coverage, confusing coverages, etc. They were man all but one play deep into the 4th quarter.

And that stands in contrast to most of his other games. He was seeing ghosts out there.

Elevation inc
10-22-2019, 02:41 AM
That is guaranteed to be Elway's position as well. If I were you, that would immediately make me doubt the logic of my entire position.

Because what you said is EXACTLY what Elway is going to do.

And all you have to do is take a look at Elway's history with drafting, especially drafting QBs to realize that if Elway totally agrees with you, your chances of being correct are small.

The logic is simple: "We picked this guy Lock and we have to develop him and see what we have before we sacrifice the use of a top 10 pick and maybe a lot of other draft capital to grab one of the top 3 highly touted prospects."

IT's DEAD WRONG!

The difference between a 2nd round QB and a top of the First Round QB is a BIG difference.

I quoted the statistics from that article that show that you have about a 40% chance with a 1st round QB, it's actually much higher if we're talking about a top 3 QB. The first or second QB taken in the draft has a very good chance of succeeding because they were the most obviously good college QBs.

Tua, Herbert and Fromm are so good even casual college football fans like me have heard and seen them. Maybe despite being a top 2 or 3 pick they won't succeed in the NFL, that happens (Jamarcus Russell) but your chances are better.

MUCH better. So much better that if you have a chance to grab one of the top 3 QB prospects you simply CANNOT spend another three years on the 20% chance that Drew Lock is your long term franchise QB.

YOu have to take that top QB in the draft and then you have two guys. If they both hit, then you have a Jimmy Garapolo situation where you can trade one. You have a high quality backup if one gets hurt and you miss a few games -- like what has happened to a LOT of teams in the NFL this season -- not least the Saints.

You might have notice what happened when Drew Brees went down. Teddy Bridgewater came in and they keep rolling because he's provided quality play.

I don't care what Drew Lock shows this season. I want the Broncos to draft Tua, Fromm or Herbert. Anyway. PEriod.

You can't pass on top QB talent when you aren't sure you have a top QB talent on your team.

That's the mistake Elway has made the last 3 years when he kept insisting that they had their starting QB already, while passing on drafting Pat Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, Dak Prescott, Derek Carr, or Jimmy Garapolo. Any of whom they could have drafted.

Lol, I want a franchise QB as much as anyone, but you crack me up with your condescending I know everything posts....I will take a OL in the top of the draft this year before I take one of the 3 QB's you mentioned (don't really give 2 shits what you think of that either lol). I think Lock is our Guy and we should develop and play him as such, and surround him with some actual talent on the OL, and allow our weapons to be properly utilized.......I don't give a shit we got him in rd 2 because that's how the draft fell. Daniel jones isn't looking to great right now, Haskins cant see the field and beat out Keenum, Rosen is a bust, Mayfield is looking very very avg this year, Darnold has some big issues as well. The most hilarious thing is that right now the 2 best QB's performing are Jackson and Allen, who were shit talked on so much and decried when drafted. Throw in Murray who is surviving as a rookie, but only because he is running for his life......and lately 1st rd doesn't guarantee shit.

Davii
10-22-2019, 08:50 AM
And that stands in contrast to most of his other games. He was seeing ghosts out there.

He wasn't seeing ghosts his first two picks. Maybe by the 3rd quarter.... he (like Flacco) couldn't recognize pressure, no line shifts, no hot reads, nada.

He's young and can learn, Flacco isn't, but that was terrible. Absolutely terrible and isn't a good sign.

Hopefully he gets better, only time will tell.

Poet
10-22-2019, 08:52 AM
It’s one game in a promising career. Against the Patriots. You’re making too much of that game.

The Glue Factory
10-22-2019, 08:54 AM
...lately 1st rd doesn't guarantee shit.

Lately? Need I mention Leaf and PFM?

Elevation inc
10-22-2019, 09:09 AM
It’s one game in a promising career. Against the Patriots. You’re making too much of that game.

Your right about 1 game, but it was about the worst performance by a QB this season and that's saying something....I like Darnold though I think he will be a good QB overall, he is why the Jets shocked Dallas....He has growing to do but the potential for that franchise is there. That being said he struggled in a big way with his mechanics last night...not sure why, he said himself he was seeing ghosts....I think he is in his head a bit with his mono and supposed damage to the spleen or something....I actually thought they had a chance to shock the patriots after what I saw in the Dallas Game....next game will be pretty telling for them...

Elevation inc
10-22-2019, 09:10 AM
Lately? Need I mention Leaf and PFM?

Your not wrong.....Jut using the 2 most recent years for Cugel's benefit, and in doing so 1st rd. doesn't guarantee you crappola.....:lol:

Elevation inc
10-22-2019, 09:28 AM

I prefer to listen to the draft community about those prospects then casual college football fans. No guarantee any of Those Qb's will be better than lock at this point. Lock has experience now in a NFL offense at this point and they don't....so who knows. I certainly don't want to bank my franchise on a 40% success rate for 1st rd. QB's, to ignore big holes on my roster and stop developing the guy I invested in who was a 1st rd talent.

A Franchise needs a QB, LT, Pass rusher, and CB to even begin to enter the competing stage for the SB. Going into next year we don't have a LT or possibly the Top CB talent so why ignore those holes to address a position we might have already addressed for a possibility at a 40% success rate for 1st rd qb's. When Lock was 1st rd. talent that fell much like Rodgers did due to the needs of other teams. Your logic isn't making much sense, where we do agree is that Elway might not be the guy to make the right call on going to lock and developing him, that remains to be seen however and its stil lto early to judge.

Its no surprise were struggling. our QB isn't playing well, our LT is a joke, our RT is a joke playing out of position, Making the Tackle position obsolete. We lost Chubb, so Von is getting double and triple teamed when he has a chance to rush and Malik reed is still learning the game...and Chris harris has played pretty poorly this year. So we lack a shutdown CB as well

Go back to the top 4 needs to even think of competing for a SB and then look at our team....is it any wonder why were screwed? I can tell you its not because we drafted Lock in rd 2 vs rd 1

Poet
10-22-2019, 09:36 AM
I think Cugel is making the point that QBs might bust a lot, but round one yields the highest crop of successes. That’s a fair point. Lock has round one talent though. So I’m not worried on that regard.

slim
10-22-2019, 09:45 AM

I enjoy the irony in this post.

Poet
10-22-2019, 09:53 AM

A good young QB getting owned by the Dynastic Patriots vs. the doddering old fool we have at head coach.

If that’s the irony you appreciate the surely you appreciate the same irony from beloved Davii in making so much out of a single game.

Elway save us.

SR
10-22-2019, 09:57 AM
I'm going to wear a Broncos shirt in public on Sunday as long as there's no World Series game.

Hawgdriver
10-22-2019, 09:57 AM

I don't.

Poet
10-22-2019, 09:58 AM
I don't.

So in two seasons when I end up being right again, it’s going to NOT be fun. )=

Hawgdriver
10-22-2019, 09:59 AM
I'm not sure what is happening in this thread anymore. I am going to close my eyes and make the bad men go away.

slim
10-22-2019, 10:02 AM
I don't.

I think you do

Poet
10-22-2019, 10:03 AM
I'm not sure what is happening in this thread anymore. I am going to close my eyes and make the bad men go away.

I hate old people and want to start euthanatizing anyone over 60.

It’s just good policy.

slim
A good young QB getting owned by the Dynastic Patriots vs. the doddering old fool we have at head coach.

If that’s the irony you appreciate the surely you appreciate the same irony from beloved Davii in making so much out of a single game.

Elway save us.

I will not argue with you. We need each other now more than ever

slim

It’s just good policy.

That gives me 11 more years. Perfect.

Poet
10-22-2019, 10:04 AM
I think you do

I miss Beef and our NBA talks.

Poet
That gives me 11 more years. Perfect.

I’m over halfway dead!!!!! Woooohooooo!

slim
I miss Beef and our NBA talks.

Beef is funny. I miss him too.

Poet
10-22-2019, 10:05 AM
I will not argue with you. We need each other now more than ever

**** yeah! Our bond is special.

Krugan
10-22-2019, 10:05 AM

Elway save us.

whats with you and coach age? I mean that Dynasty is coached by an old guy, i mean 68 isnt young....

Poet
10-22-2019, 10:06 AM
whats with you and coach age? I mean that Dynasty is coached by an old guy, i mean 68 isnt young....

Belichick is actually a lich.

Krugan
10-22-2019, 10:07 AM

Still old, despite being re-animated.

Poet
10-22-2019, 10:11 AM
Still old, despite being re-animated.

They are in a different category.

Davii

Good thing you said over, otherwise I was going to question your math skills

Poet
Good thing you said over, otherwise I was going to question your math skills

You should probably question them anyway.

Davii
10-22-2019, 10:14 AM
You should probably question them anyway.

Nah, we're good. I'm past the halfway mark as well! Yesterday's McRib didn't help!

The Glue Factory
10-22-2019, 10:51 AM

It's scary that he once worked for the Broncos.

BroncoJoe
10-22-2019, 11:01 AM

It’s just good policy.

Poet
10-22-2019, 11:08 AM

Joe you’re in your forties calm down.

Cugel
10-22-2019, 11:25 AM

Word diarrhea

Dude had a bad game. The Jets suck because the Jets always suck. Do you really think Sam Darnold sucks?

Or that the Broncos wouldn't be massively better with Sam Darnold instead of Joe Flacco? Bwa-hahahahahaha! :hat:

Davii
10-22-2019, 11:45 AM
Dude had a bad game. The Jets suck because the Jets always suck. Do you really think Sam Darnold sucks?

Or that the Broncos wouldn't be massively better with Sam Darnold instead of Joe Flacco? Bwa-hahahahahaha! :hat:

He sure played worse than Flacco last night. I don't want Flacco on this team, but keep spinning word diarrhea yarns to make yourself feel smart and important.

Valar Morghulis
10-22-2019, 01:19 PM
Kellen Moore For HC

Blow it all up!!!

LawDog
10-22-2019, 03:06 PM

You were like a car that depreciated 20% straight off the lot...

Poet
10-22-2019, 04:49 PM
Kellen Moore For HC

Blow it all up!!!

You’ll blow me when it’s all said and done!

Yeah!!!

Cugel
10-22-2019, 07:48 PM
He sure played worse than Flacco last night. I don't want Flacco on this team, but keep spinning word diarrhea yarns to make yourself feel smart and important.

Sam Darnold is a young QB. He's was a top QB prospect in the draft. You think that one bad game means anything? For the Jets?

You're the one with "verbal diarrhea."

In Peyton Manning's rookie year his team won 3 games and he set a record for 28 INTs. By your logic the Colts should have dumped him then.

Sam Darnold is a hell of a lot better QB than Joe Flacco. Period.

Davii
10-22-2019, 07:50 PM
Sam Darnold is a young QB. He's was a top QB prospect in the draft. You think that one bad game means anything? For the Jets?

You're the one with "verbal diarrhea."

In Peyton Manning's rookie year his team won 3 games and he set a record for 28 INTs. By your logic the Colts should have dumped him then.

Sam Darnold is a hell of a lot better QB than Joe Flacco. Period.

Time will tell.

MOtorboat
10-22-2019, 07:55 PM
Kellen Moore For HC

Blow it all up!!!

:suspicious:

BroncoWave
10-22-2019, 07:55 PM
You’ll blow me when it’s all said and done!

Yeah!!!

Get in line, buddy.

Poet
10-22-2019, 08:14 PM
Get in line, buddy.

I'm normally behind you in so many different ways, but in this instance you're behind me, whore!

Simple Jaded
10-22-2019, 08:20 PM
Yeah, when I’m 60 it’ll probably be a mercy killing.