PDA

View Full Version : Where Are They?

WARHORSE
10-13-2019, 06:29 PM
You know.......all the Fire Fangio......Fire Elway guys.......

If you havent seen the improvement from week to week....youre blind.

The offense can do much better, but they also have faced 5 tough defenses. This team may not win em all but one thing Im happy about....theyre being coached up.

Go Broncos!

Poet
10-13-2019, 06:34 PM

The offense can do much better, but they also have faced 5 tough defenses. This team may not win em all but one thing Im happy about....theyre being coached up.

Go Broncos!

Are you sure at 2-4 you really want to start a victorious thread which spews self-congratulatory messages?

F-

Timmy!
10-13-2019, 07:06 PM

Go Broncos!

I was never on the fire Elway bandwagon. As far as Fangio, he finally figured out how to adjust his scheme to his players. Amazing.

GEM
10-13-2019, 07:14 PM
I'm right here, but i don't start threads about it. I just bitch incessantly in gameday threads.

Cugel
10-13-2019, 08:23 PM
Let's be real here. The schedule is about to get totally brutal. The Broncos should be 4-2 at this point, with victories over the Jaguars and Bears. That would be a very different conversation. THIS was probably the easiest game on their entire schedule unless the Browns continue to fall apart.

From now on: 2-4.

Chiefs - L - 2-5. Broncos haven't beaten the Chiefs since Peyton Manning. The Chiefs lost two in a row to teams and will be ready.

@Colts - L - 2-6 Broncos haven't beaten the Colts on the road in years either. This would be a huge upset if they won.

Browns - W - 3-6. Browns are falling apart. The Broncos have a winnable game here and should be favored.

@Vikings - L - 3-7. Vikings will win this easily at home.

@Bills - L - 3-8. When was the last time the Broncos won in November in Buffalo?

Chargers - ??? (3-9 or 4-8)-- The Broncos normally split with the Chargers and tend to win on the road and lose the home game. They did this under Manning too. This is a winnable game but the Chargers will be favored. This could go either way.

@Texans - L - 3-10 or 4-9. Did you see Deshaun Watson and the Texans put a beat down on the Chiefs at home? No chance here.

@Chiefs - L - 3-11 or 4-10. Oh, great. @Chiefs in December. Even when the Broncos were better than the Chiefs they almost never won at Arrowhead.

Lions W (4-11 or 5-10) and
Raiders W (5-11 or 6-10) at home. Broncos should win both. If they lost either it would be an upset.

Season is officially a disaster at 5-11 or 6-10.

At what point do they start Drew Lock?

Simple Jaded
10-13-2019, 08:29 PM
Cugel is always trying to cheer me up, I’m not having it this time.

Timmy!
10-13-2019, 08:33 PM

Cugel also didn't hear on the radio that we beat Indy in Indy the last time we played there.

UnderArmour
10-13-2019, 08:36 PM
I was never on the fire Elway bandwagon. As far as Fangio, he finally figured out how to adjust his scheme to his players. Amazing.

In this case, the difference has been adjusting players. Alexander Johnson, DeMarcus Walker, and Mike Purcell are looking like complete studs since entering the lineup. Johnson and Purcell especially, just WOW. We will find out if they are for real against KC's offense, but so far they look like Pro Bowl players.

Cugel
10-13-2019, 10:17 PM

I'm keepin' it real. You might try that once in a while.

If you want to look at things from Orange Colored Glasses, that's fine with me. I'd say my view is a lot more realistic than yours, but whatever floats your boat. You don't see me complaining if you make the Broncos 12-4 this season. I don't agree, but if you want to, go for it. :coffee:

Cugel
10-13-2019, 10:19 PM
Cugel also didn't hear on the radio that we beat Indy in Indy the last time we played there.

You want to bet on the Broncos in Indy? That's not a good bet. They will be at least 1 TD underdogs. Vegas bookmakers don't screw around with Broncos fans sentiment, they're about knowing what teams are actually more likely to win than others.

Can they win? Anything's possible.

MOtorboat
10-13-2019, 10:22 PM

If you want to look at things from Orange Colored Glasses, that's fine with me. I'd say my view is a lot more realistic than yours, but whatever floats your boat. You don't see me complaining if you make the Broncos 12-4 this season. I don't agree, but if you want to, go for it. :coffee:

Jaded. The eternal homer.

WARHORSE
10-13-2019, 10:32 PM
Are you sure at 2-4 you really want to start a victorious thread which spews self-congratulatory messages?

F-

Lol

Can you just enjoy the win? Im drinking.

Poet
10-13-2019, 10:32 PM
Lol

"Just enjoy the win," while firing up this thread is a strange thing to say.

I still love you though.

WARHORSE
10-13-2019, 10:35 PM
Let's be real here. The schedule is about to get totally brutal. The Broncos should be 4-2 at this point, with victories over the Jaguars and Bears. That would be a very different conversation. THIS was probably the easiest game on their entire schedule unless the Browns continue to fall apart.

From now on: 2-4.

Chiefs - L - 2-5. Broncos haven't beaten the Chiefs since Peyton Manning. The Chiefs lost two in a row to teams and will be ready.

@Colts - L - 2-6 Broncos haven't beaten the Colts on the road in years either. This would be a huge upset if they won.

Browns - W - 3-6. Browns are falling apart. The Broncos have a winnable game here and should be favored.

@Vikings - L - 3-7. Vikings will win this easily at home.

@Bills - L - 3-8. When was the last time the Broncos won in November in Buffalo?

Chargers - ??? (3-9 or 4-8)-- The Broncos normally split with the Chargers and tend to win on the road and lose the home game. They did this under Manning too. This is a winnable game but the Chargers will be favored. This could go either way.

@Texans - L - 3-10 or 4-9. Did you see Deshaun Watson and the Texans put a beat down on the Chiefs at home? No chance here.

@Chiefs - L - 3-11 or 4-10. Oh, great. @Chiefs in December. Even when the Broncos were better than the Chiefs they almost never won at Arrowhead.

Lions W (4-11 or 5-10) and
Raiders W (5-11 or 6-10) at home. Broncos should win both. If they lost either it would be an upset.

Season is officially a disaster at 5-11 or 6-10.

At what point do they start Drew Lock?

Maybe. Football is for tough guys.

We havent played the games yet.

Lets see what we got.

Timmy!
10-13-2019, 10:46 PM
You want to bet on the Broncos in Indy? That's not a good bet. They will be at least 1 TD underdogs. Vegas bookmakers don't screw around with Broncos fans sentiment, they're about knowing what teams are actually more likely to win than others.

Can they win? Anything's possible.

I'd say you saying, and I quote, "the Broncos haven't beaten the Colts on the road in years either" was completely false,.cause...you know....we did....last time we played there. Sorry Dmac didn't mention that lately.

Sweet backpedal though.

Timmy!
10-13-2019, 10:57 PM
In this case, the difference has been adjusting players. Alexander Johnson, DeMarcus Walker, and Mike Purcell are looking like complete studs since entering the lineup. Johnson and Purcell especially, just WOW. We will find out if they are for real against KC's offense, but so far they look like Pro Bowl players.

Totally agree on the different players. However, the scheme has also changed. The corners are no longer playing baby soft 8 yards off that many of us were screaming about. Up front we are running stunts. There is the occasional blitz. The 1st 4 games of vanilla without even sprinkles has been thrown out.....for the record it actually started in the Jags game, but as amped up.

Simple Jaded
10-14-2019, 12:19 AM

Yeah “keeping it real” has always eluded me.

You got that post entirely ass-backwards, well done.

:coffee: :coffee:

ShaneFalco
10-14-2019, 05:54 AM
defensively they have gotten better.

but offensively i saw a team that had 2min left, ran the ball twice, got called for holding twice. Then a low snap that Flacco fumbled.

UnderArmour
10-14-2019, 06:54 AM

but offensively i saw a team that had 2min left, ran the ball twice, got called for holding twice. Then a low snap that Flacco fumbled.
Maybe getting James back will have a huge impact. Leary needs to go, and Bolles needs to move to guard.

Cugel
10-14-2019, 05:48 PM
Maybe getting James back will have a huge impact. Leary needs to go, and Bolles needs to move to guard.

Leary has never been healthy and is battling injury now which is why he's so ineffective. Next year his salary will be $8m, but his dead cap hit only $877k so they can dump him next off-season. This year he's getting $9.2m to get holding penalties.

Elevation inc
10-15-2019, 05:46 AM
I myself have been pretty adamant our problems were with the players and LR vibe as well as a need to create some chemistry with execution and play calling more so then the coaching. The fire Elway stuff was a little premature from many, however to be fair the overarching theme was valid as it hasn't been great personnel decisions from Elway over the years since manning left so concerns about what he is doing are valid from a number of posters here.

BroncoNut
10-15-2019, 02:25 PM
yeah well you can beat me in my hometown any time you want

WARHORSE
10-15-2019, 04:47 PM
"Just enjoy the win," while firing up this thread is a strange thing to say.

I still love you though.

Love is such a special thing. Its like blanket with King87 knitted on it by grandma, little bit of her chaw juice still on it.

:coffee:

:D

Valar Morghulis
10-15-2019, 04:59 PM
Love is such a special thing. Its like blanket with King87 knitted on it by grandma, little bit of her chaw juice still on it.

:D

Chaw juice..... same as puss juice?

Seems like a sick fetish to me. You should be ashamed of yourself

underrated29
10-15-2019, 05:22 PM

chaw, like chewing tobacco

WARHORSE
10-15-2019, 07:19 PM

Dictionaries are underrated. lol

I doubt any other person on the boards mind went where yours did. Could be wrong though.....Beef around?

;)

Simple Jaded
10-15-2019, 08:50 PM
4HwJqQMwsmY

You’re killing me Smalls!

Cugel
10-15-2019, 08:58 PM
Yeah “keeping it real” has always eluded me.

You got that post entirely ass-backwards, well done.

:coffee: :coffee:

You're so full of crap it coming out of both ears. This is a 5-11 team, maybe 6-10.

YOu tell me they're going to win @Indy? No. They aren't.
@Arrowhead in December? No.
@Buffalo in late November, east coast early start? No.
@Minn where the Vikings are 5-0 so far this season? No.
@Houston? Where Deshaun Watson is playing great? No.

DOn't give me this crap. They have 5 road games they have virtually no chance of winning.

They screwed the pooch by starting the season 0-4. The season ended right there.

Simple Jaded
10-15-2019, 09:07 PM
You're so full of crap it coming out of both ears. This is a 5-11 team, maybe 6-10.

DOn't give me this crap. They have 5 road games they have virtually no chance of winning.

They screwed the pooch by starting the season 0-4. The season ended right there.

Cugel at this point it’d be impossible to get you caught up, I don’t disagree with anything you’ve said ... you’re arguing with yourself. So apparently you’re full of shit too.

All I’ve ever said about winning more than 5 to 6 games is “it’s time to panic” after it was obvious that the Broncos would beat Titans.

slim
10-15-2019, 09:16 PM

Noted

Valar Morghulis
10-16-2019, 12:28 AM
Dictionaries are underrated. lol

I doubt any other person on the boards mind went where yours did. Could be wrong though.....Beef around?

;)

My mind never went anywhere.... that’s just where it lives!!

And ftr although I’ve never heard of chaw I was aware it wasn’t anything horrific, was just messing

Simple Jaded
10-16-2019, 12:33 AM
My mind never went anywhere.... that’s just where it lives!!

And ftr although I’ve never heard of chaw I was aware it wasn’t anything horrific, was just messing

Chaw juice is far more horrific than where your mind went, they owe you an apology.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
10-17-2019, 10:31 PM
This thread has aged well

ShaneFalco
10-17-2019, 10:39 PM

Poet
10-17-2019, 10:41 PM

F-

This thread aged like milk.

Poet
12-08-2019, 04:58 PM
Lol

"Just enjoy the win, as I, Warhorse, fire up an Elway thread and talk about how those who are skeptical of him are wrong...even though we will have another losing season...and the Flacco experiment failed...and we delayed Lock's development....but just enjoy the win."

I love you, WH, but god dammit.

aberdien
12-08-2019, 06:18 PM

This post was an all-time great IMO.

Jsteve01
12-08-2019, 10:29 PM
"Just enjoy the win, as I, Warhorse, fire up an Elway thread and talk about how those who are skeptical of him are wrong...even though we will have another losing season...and the Flacco experiment failed...and we delayed Lock's development....but just enjoy the win."

I love you, WH, but god dammit.

Wilson I'm all for accountability. But it's funny 13 games into the season and garett bolles is actually grading out as the best offensive lineman on this team as much as his penalties drive us all crazy. The last two drafts have been huge impact. Just look at our fourth round or from last year making impact plays in the game today. Noah fant is developing into a future pro bowler before our very eyes. Drew lock is what we had all hoped he would be. We've had some really rough years. but a lot of the struggles the last 3 years can be chalked up to poor coaching as much as they can be the roster deficiencies.

Hawgdriver
12-08-2019, 10:33 PM
I'd be thrilled to see Bolles lock down LT for another 5+ years. Depends not on his atheleticism but on his will and want and values.